• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    Excellent inquiry with a very simple answer: ShoutmonX3SD was the only one with a quality sprite available, and even that took a lot of tweaking.

No worries, it's a good question. The encounter rates in the Mirage Tower and Mirage Island were bugged and I was unable to edit them, so I simply made them impossible to enter.

Oh thank you so much, I had been killing myself trying to figure out why or maybe my rom was bugged or whatever haha. Also, this is amazing. I had never even paid attention to anything Digimon even as a child aside from knowing what it was, but this sounded so interesting not to check it out, and it's exactly like playing a new Pokemon game with a new and exciting generation I had yet to see. Now if only someone did the same thing with Yu-Gi-Oh monsters, it would be a whole new exciting thing to get into just like this one hahaha

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2023
    For anyone who was wondering, it appears that some of the cheat codes for regular Pokemon Emerald do work with Digimon Emerald. If your using the MGBA Emulator just use the built-in cheat function and copy-paste. However, the rare candy cheat code for selling them in the market does appear to be bugged so id don't suggest using that one.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I was considering making it Yuramon > Mokumon > Pichimon actually! But I'm not sure if casual fans would appreciate that. Streamers on YouTube and Twitch overwhelmingly choose Koromon in my other hacks and name themselves "Tai"... I don't know how well some lesser-known starters would be received. I'll deliberate on it for sure!

Hey been awhile. Finally picking this romhack up again. Looking forward to posting my hall of Fame team.

I STRONGLY suggest adding starters from other gens of digimon for Digimon Platinum.
    It gives people reasons to play your different romhacks. Digimon Emerald is an excellent romhack and it'd be a shame for it to be overshadowed by Digimon Platinum.

I really do think it'd make the games have their own feel.

Starter ideas I think would best be:
    DemiVeemon, Minomon & Upamon/Poromon

Or from Tamers...
    Gigimon, Gummymon & Viximon
    (Could actually be better than adventure 02 due to how much Guilmon and Terriermon are fan favorites)

OR...
    Koromon, DemiVeemon and Gigimon
    (If you want to cater to the streamers you mentioned but at least give a different selection
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who also like Veemon and Guilmon)

(I wouldn't worry about the fire-grass-water thing either as this is Digimon and their typings are subject to change down the line anyways)

Anyways just another perspective... But I do think this would make platinum feel "fresh and different" and would give you an excuse to work on the digivolution lines and maybe switch them up from what you did in Emerald.(like wormmon having a different route than just digivolving to imperialdramon. He has many other lines like grankuwagamon or Hudiemon etc and Veemon turning into the Veedramon line instead of ExVeemon.)

EDIT:
    also quick question.... I know it says I should probably use VBA... But I absolutely adore johngba and I have the paid version.
    So far the ROM has been fine(even in speed up) but I just want to make.sure before I get too invested and work my butt off hunting good IVs and such. Do you recommend I switch ? Or will johngba be okay in the long run?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If I had any talent at all with making sprites, I'd probably make sprites for OmegaShoutmon (OmniShoutmon, for those who use the dub names- I personally don't) and Shoutmon DX (and then recommend that as Shoutmon's Evo line), but alas- I suck at spritework.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey been awhile. Finally picking this romhack up again. Looking forward to posting my hall of Fame team.

I STRONGLY suggest adding starters from other gens of digimon for Digimon Platinum.
    It gives people reasons to play your different romhacks. Digimon Emerald is an excellent romhack and it'd be a shame for it to be overshadowed by Digimon Platinum.

I really do think it'd make the games have their own feel.

Starter ideas I think would best be:
    DemiVeemon, Minomon & Upamon/Poromon

Or from Tamers...
    Gigimon, Gummymon & Viximon
    (Could actually be better than adventure 02 due to how much Guilmon and Terriermon are fan favorites)

OR...
    Koromon, DemiVeemon and Gigimon
    (If you want to cater to the streamers you mentioned but at least give a different selection
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who also like Veemon and Guilmon)

(I wouldn't worry about the fire-grass-water thing either as this is Digimon and their typings are subject to change down the line anyways)

Anyways just another perspective... But I do think this would make platinum feel "fresh and different" and would give you an excuse to work on the digivolution lines and maybe switch them up from what you did in Emerald.(like wormmon having a different route than just digivolving to imperialdramon. He has many other lines like grankuwagamon or Hudiemon etc and Veemon turning into the Veedramon line instead of ExVeemon.)

EDIT:
    also quick question.... I know it says I should probably use VBA... But I absolutely adore johngba and I have the paid version.
    So far the ROM has been fine(even in speed up) but I just want to make.sure before I get too invested and work my butt off hunting good IVs and such. Do you recommend I switch ? Or will johngba be okay in the long run?

Thanks for the input! I also had the idea of making the starters Gigimon, Gummymon & Viximon or Koromon, DemiVeemon & Gigimon. I'd say the latter option would be best if I can come up with another evolution for the Veemon line, since the other two lines have 5 forms total but the Veemon line only has 4 (unless you count the two branching options). Annnnyhooo, something to ruminate on.

If JohnGBA is working so far then it will continue to work. So no worries there. :)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Thanks for the input! I also had the idea of making the starters Gigimon, Gummymon & Viximon or Koromon, DemiVeemon & Gigimon. I'd say the latter option would be best if I can come up with another evolution for the Veemon line, since the other two lines have 5 forms total but the Veemon line only has 4 (unless you count the two branching options). Annnnyhooo, something to ruminate on.

If JohnGBA is working so far then it will continue to work. So no worries there. :)

That'd be wicked cool! I think a different Evo for Veemon is an excellent idea. Cheers

Thanks friend.

Ps: not sure if you remember way back when the ROMhack first came out I was one of the first to play it and had difficulties with the second gym.

I got my revenge on brawly hahah feels good man.
    Looking forward to taking on the E4 and the hall of Fame.
    Going to see it through to the end this time.

Thanks a lot for adding Gammamon to the game too! Excellent work as always.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Hey so im playing on Ver2.0 and it looks like there is a bug where sunflowmons sunshine beam text says she lowers her OWN accuracy.

Also caught and training in mt meteor, my tokomon lv17 evolved at lv 18 and is now considered Cool type Patamon instead of fairy

Might be a coding error and might already be resolved but just putting it out there for review

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey so im playing on Ver2.0 and it looks like there is a bug where sunflowmons sunshine beam text says she lowers her OWN accuracy.

Also caught and training in mt meteor, my tokomon lv17 evolved at lv 18 and is now considered Cool type Patamon instead of fairy

Might be a coding error and might already be resolved but just putting it out there for review

Here are the screenshots. Wasnt able to get the attachments to work so only urls

https://ibb.co/w0NqFrY
    https://ibb.co/RpTtB5y
    https://ibb.co/c8GHdvv
    https://ibb.co/Fnj3S4w

Whoa! Big catch! Sorry about Sunshine Beam. Huge oversight on my part and I can patch that in the next update. I *thought* I patched Patamon's "Cool" type already but maybe I forgot. Did you download the most recent version from here?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Just acquired badge 4 and had Gammamon digivolve to Canoweissmon. Decided to go with the D.Tyrano line as well.

I ran into Vorvomon and fell in love with it's design... Though I may have to reconsider because Im not sure I need a Rock Flying type
    .. but still wow. I love that digimon and didn't even know it existed. Absolutely beautiful design.

Half way done the gyms and still crushing it. Loving the team comp so far too. Everyone's been carrying their weight!
    I'll post another update around the 8th badge.
    Having a blast.
    Here's my team so far.

Attachments

• [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      Screenshot_20221002-014840.png
      101.1 KB · Views: 24
      Screenshot_20221002-014852.png
      90.4 KB · Views: 14
      Screenshot_20221002-014911.png
      92.6 KB · Views: 15
      Screenshot_20221002-014920.png
      100.6 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just acquired badge 4 and had Gammamon digivolve to Canoweissmon. Decided to go with the D.Tyrano line as well.

I ran into Vorvomon and fell in love with it's design... Though I may have to reconsider because Im not sure I need a Rock Flying type
    .. but still wow. I love that digimon and didn't even know it existed. Absolutely beautiful design.

Half way done the gyms and still crushing it. Loving the team comp so far too. Everyone's been carrying their weight!
    I'll post another update around the 8th badge.
    Having a blast.
    Here's my team so far.

Sweet team. All of those bad boys will evolve into very high-tier mons later in the game. I see you also changed your avatar to a screenshot from my game. :) If you'd like a clean version with no background, I made one for you:

[COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Sweet team. All of those bad boys will evolve into very high-tier mons later in the game. I see you also changed your avatar to a screenshot from my game. :) If you'd like a clean version with no background, I made one for you:

[COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Awesome thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    Whoa! Big catch! Sorry about Sunshine Beam. Huge oversight on my part and I can patch that in the next update. I *thought* I patched Patamon's "Cool" type already but maybe I forgot. Did you download the most recent version from here?

I think i did. But ill have to run back home and try to patch the most recent again once i get back home. Keep up the good work homie!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023

Another idea i just had about new mons for the next games. Have some variants like Black Agumon and White Agumon. (Just the really popular ones)
    Unless you did already add them and I haven't noticed. I know you added ToyAgumon and that was awesome to see. :)

Anyways. Just a thought and I think it'd be a nice compromise from adding shinies, and it goes along with the lore.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Another idea i just had about new mons for the next games. Have some variants like Black Agumon and White Agumon. (Just the really popular ones)
    Unless you did already add them and I haven't noticed. I know you added ToyAgumon and that was awesome to see. :)

Anyways. Just a thought and I think it'd be a nice compromise from adding shinies, and it goes along with the lore.

Way back in the day I had the same idea. The problem is that the normal sprite and the shiny must share the same palette. With only 16 colours to go around, it just wasn't feasible. It was then that I truly realized that Digimon designs really are a lot more intricate and detailed (and thus have more colours) than Pokemon designs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    I love this video game .... thank you very much 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Back