• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I've known you've been working on a Gen 2 hack for a bit, spied your thread asking for assistance, and I also look forward to it. I've no real ask of it. I know I'll enjoy your work, and I'll do as I have the others and dominate it with Agumon and his line.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Forgive me for asking, but is it possible to link with another person playing this ROMHack and battle/trade with vbalink or the sort? Idk much about whether ROMHacks have working multiplayer

Edit: Just tried it and it works perfectly fine, for anyone else wondering the same thing

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Sep 8, 2023
    Good night, your rack rom is one of the best I've ever seen from Digimon, it's a success even among fans here in Brazil, but compliments aside, I've really enjoyed the game, I'm just having some problems with the encounter rate, for example, I saw Koromon in the Cave of fire path I've been there for hours lol and nothing of the rascal appears but I remember it also took hours to see the viximon so I'm in doubt if it's taking too long or just bad luck (ps I'm at 3:30 trying to catch the unfortunate and I think that I need more than one pro skullgreymon(still hours trying Fiery Path
    ) sometimes the digidex shows as if it wasn't there but I'll come back later and show it lol or it's dropping out or I'm doing something wrong but I even opened your document and googled it to see if I'm not in the wrong place I even I trained a digimon up to lvl 40 (the seadramon) I got it lol after 4 hours trying by the way a pity I wanted to see MetalSeadramon

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • I finally did it. I 100% completed the game including the Digidex. It's been a ride everyone and a rather enjoyable one.

I present to you the team that completed my digidex (the last mon I had to evolve was actually Ebemon... don't ask me why I went for Omnimon/Imperaldramon Paladin before that because I couldn't answer that for the life of me):
    tpvCD8y.png

Thanks for the fun and I'll see you in Digimon Gold.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I finally did it. I 100% completed the game including the Digidex. It's been a ride everyone and a rather enjoyable one.

I present to you the team that completed my digidex (the last mon I had to evolve was actually Ebemon... don't ask me why I went for Omnimon/Imperaldramon Paladin before that because I couldn't answer that for the life of me):
    tpvCD8y.png

Thanks for the fun and I'll see you in Digimon Gold.

Damn, a complete Dex! Now that is impressive. Glad you enjoyed the game enough to put so many hours into it. One mad lad on Twitch even did a LIVING DIGIDEX of Nova Red, which is just pure insanity to me.

And yes... I'll see you in the next installment. I'm cooking up something special now, but it won't be what anyone is expecting... 😜

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • I actually didn't know what the difference between a full dex and a living pokedex is (I'm genuinely not much into the whole nuzlocking scene I play games because they look fun) but now that I know I'm tempted to do one for digimon gold.

Thanks. :^):laugh-squinted:

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    We're going DIGITAL!

For those of you tired of playing out the same strategies with the same mons over and over and over again, I present you something completely different…

5Rjn53c.png

FEATURES

350+ new monsters with unique stats, abilities, Typing, and movepools built from the ground-up!

2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png
    9.png

No more filler mons!

Every single Digimon is viable! Don't be afraid to build a team out of your favourite Digimon!
    11.png
    12.png

As many as five or even six stages for prominent Digimon!

13.png

Custom moves from the Digimon canon!
    Every single Digimon has its signature attack! Diversify your strategies with over 350 new moves!
    1.gif
    2.gif
    3.gif
    4.gif
    5.gif
    6.gif
    7.gif
    8.gif
    10.gif
    9.gif

14.png
    15.png
    16.png
    17.png

Digidex Entries state criteria for evolution so you never need to feel out of the loop!

19.png
    20.png
    21.png

Convenient Shop Data
    Tired of random encounters? Repels are cheap as heck now.
    24.png
    26.png

(Also Move Reminders in every shop)

HM Moves are no longer garbage!

Cut now raises ATK, Flash now deals 50 Electric damage and still lowers accuracy, and Rock Smash always goes first.
    27.png
    28.png
    29.png

(Suggestions on how to improve Strength, Dive, and Waterfall? Feel free to post a comment. :) )

EV/IV Checker, Up to Gen VII Abilities and Moves, Reusable TMs, Deletable HM moves, Fairy Type, Physical-Special Split, Poison Survival, BW Repel System, Reusable TMs, etc.

30.png
    23.png
    31.png

32.png
    33.png
    34.png

Minor Dialogue Tweaks:
    35.png
    36.png

Dive is a TM now.
    So don't freak out when Steven gives it to you and you can't find it at first.
    37.png

Credits:

Spoiler:

Full Digidex:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:

Known glitches:
    Spoiler:

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler:

System Requirements:
    Spoiler:

Plans for future expansion:
    Spoiler:

Advice:
    Spoiler:

Change log:
    Spoiler:

FAQ:
    Spoiler:

Constructive feedback and play testers welcome! Thanks!​

Great Digimon rom, but it's not "done". The creator might take this the wrong way, but there are a lot of things that leave this rom incomplete / needing more. A lot of if it is little things, like the in-battle menu still saying "Pokemon" instead of "digimon" when you want to switch digimon. Although that is a small detail, it still leaves the rom being incomplete. It is also extremely grind heavy. Leveling up is not quick... It takes around lvl 16-20 to get to rookie digivolution, and wild digimon battles do not give out much at all for exp points. This is probably the best digimon rom hack there is, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • My guy I think that's just nitpicking. As for the grinding aspect... I literally never had to grind after Roxanne. (and I only grinded on her because I use a lot of digimon that can be caught before her gym battle so I wanted to bring them at least to their rookie evolutions). If you use less mons available early you might not have to grind at all.

Though one nitpick that I would patch in a small update eventually is this.
    Since TMs have infinite use there are a couple of redundant ones that you can obtain multiple times. (Example: Water Pulse being in Rusturf Tunnel and still Juan's gym reward. Thief above Rustboro and from the Aqua guy in Slateport museum. There's a few more.)
    Why not replace the extra copies of those TMs with other items? Like Assault Vest and Life Orb which are both available in Nova Red but not here.
    Anyway I'll go back to my living dex run I recently started. See ya.

Days
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    I'm using VBA emulator and running into a few issues. When I go to digimon summary everything is blank, and if I do it during a battle then a pink box covers up the text part of my screen for the rest of the battle. Also when I evolved koromon to agumon, it learned a new move (could not see it due to the previously mentioned issue) but when I tried to use that move it crashed and took me back to the home screen...
    Any tips?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm using VBA emulator and running into a few issues. When I go to digimon summary everything is blank, and if I do it during a battle then a pink box covers up the text part of my screen for the rest of the battle. Also when I evolved koromon to agumon, it learned a new move (could not see it due to the previously mentioned issue) but when I tried to use that move it crashed and took me back to the home screen...
    Any tips?

Did you download the game from here? And is your VBA the most recent version?

Days
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    Yup. I got the pokemon emerald trashman copy from google and the digimon emerald from here. I deleted both files and redownloaded them plus redownloaded VBA today to make sure it was most recent and same issue happened

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yup. I got the pokemon emerald trashman copy from google and the digimon emerald from here. I deleted both files and redownloaded them plus redownloaded VBA today to make sure it was most recent and same issue happened

Bizarre! Sorry to hear that my friend. Maybe try a different emulator after all? I've never had that issue.

Days
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Yo, created an account just to say great work on this! I started today and I'm having a blast 😃

Following closely for more digimon 👀

Days
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    I'm using VBA emulator and running into a few issues. When I go to digimon summary everything is blank, and if I do it during a battle then a pink box covers up the text part of my screen for the rest of the battle.

I had the same problem with VBA, but it's working on mGBA

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Bro, i been editing, and looking for digimon sprites with back sprites.
    i think i can help you with more sprites for your game and maybe you can help me to get more
    :) let me know and message me
    [email protected]

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'll look into it! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

You're correct, the Paledramon line was scrapped because I thought the spritework wasn't up to snuff. Do you mind telling me where you found this rogue Paledramon?

Its in the sky tower upper level

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Just a quick question about alphamon & shoutmonX3SD, What do I need to press while in battle to evolve it?

Back