• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm still honestly unsure how I feel about Metagross' mega form.

I like that it kinda floats in mid-air with it's arms facing forward but I was actually hoping it's mega would end up being the combination of two Metagross. Because ya know, the combination of two Beldum, the combination of two Metang, that sort of pattern. :3
    I did too. But it looks like it's a combination of Metagross with a upsidedown Metang (the spike that was on Metang's head being it's spike like 'beard).

Years
    MegaGross's design isn't my fave of the new Megas (though I do love that the "x" is golden), but I do like its ability and apparent stat boosts. Also, just noticed it weighs nearly as much as regular Groudon owo Imagine if it gets Heavy Slam; it'd get STAB from that AND the extra power from Tough Claws. Without the STAB and boosted power, it has a max BP of 120. With STAB/Tough Claws, it'll have roughly 240 BP max. It only gets the 120 BP if the target's weight is equal to or less than 1/5th its weight, which is 415 pounds or less. If memory serves, there are quite a few fully evolved Pokemon that don't weigh that much.

EDIT: If my calculations are correct, 696 Pokemon (counting forms and Megas) weigh 1/5th or less than MegaGross. It would wreck with Heavy Slam.

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Heavy Slam almost seems a little overpowered to put on Megagross then if it can just steam roll with it. I'm kinda hoping in that case it doesn't get it because it'd be really hard to counter at that point. I mean yeah it's cool when you're using Megagross but it's just too much of a hassle to prepare for/deal with when you're facing it. You'd almost have to use a Megagross to counter Megagross like.. what. lol

Talk about a metagame breaker.

Also has anyone posted this yet? The new trailer?

Last edited:
    Years
    Just did another calculation of all the 696 Pokemon that resist or are immune (via Wonder Guard) to Steel, and I got 206. That means 490 Pokemon that are 1/5th or less MegaGross's weight take neutral or super effective damage from Heavy Slam. (Might be off since I may have counted Pokemon who have one type that resists Steel and another that's weak to it.) If it does get Heavy Slam, then it'll likely be banished to Ubers on Smogon XD (Though, I'd imagine even without it it may still be Uber.) However, since it can deal a lot of damage to a lot of Pokemon, then chances are it won't receive it.

Years
    Just did another calculation of all the 696 Pokemon that resist or are immune (via Wonder Guard) to Steel, and I got 206. That means 490 Pokemon that are 1/5th or less MegaGross's weight take neutral or super effective damage from Heavy Slam. (Might be off since I may have counted Pokemon who have one type that resists Steel and another that's weak to it.) If it does get Heavy Slam, then it'll likely be banished to Ubers on Smogon XD (Though, I'd imagine even without it it may still be Uber.) However, since it can deal a lot of damage to a lot of Pokemon, then chances are it won't receive it.
    I kind of hope it does get it then. I don't like the idea of a Pseudo being in UU...that just seems strange and not worthy of the title.
    Maybe Steven's Metagross will get it? Even if it's not given to ours it won't be the first time a Champion has a Pokemon with illegal moves...

Years
    Doubt they'd let Mega Metagross sit pretty in UU for long, haha. Especially if it gets Heavy Slam, then there'd be no question. As it is right now, there's definitely a chance it gets moved up to OU, and once the official stat buffing is released, we'll be able to more confidently place it in the tiers.

Years
    We still got some time until then (for the testing to even begin) sadly.

Imagine if Dynamic Punch returns as a MT move ...it'll be frightening to get hit by one. Hey, maybe Steven's Metagross will have Dynamic Punch. I can imagine the cheating computer now...

Years
    I think ORaAS meant Metagross would get it as a Move Tutor move and that Steven's would happen to have it XD Would be interesting, though, especially if Steven's Meta also knew Hone Claws to make it even more of a pain to deal with @_@

Years
    I'd imagine how threatening Steven's Metagross would be if it has coverage moves to deal with most of its major weaknesses. It might actually encourage one to use a Mega to beat a Mega.

Competitive-wise, I could likely see it a huge powerhouse in OU to the point it faces suspect testing.

Years
    I think ORaAS meant Metagross would get it as a Move Tutor move and that Steven's would happen to have it XD Would be interesting, though, especially if Steven's Meta also knew Hone Claws to make it even more of a pain to deal with @_@
    That's what I meant. Also by Cheating computer I meant how NPC's tend to inflict status and hit more often than we do, it's a trope. Pokémon has a long history of it too...

Hone Claws...that would be awful...his Meteor Mash's and Dynamic Punches (if it gets it) will rarely miss, if ever.

Years
    I'd imagine how threatening Steven's Metagross would be if it has coverage moves to deal with most of its major weaknesses. It might actually encourage one to use a Mega to beat a Mega.

Competitive-wise, I could likely see it a huge powerhouse in OU to the point it faces suspect testing.

And lets say Aegislash who Is currently being suspected is banned, not much will be able to deal with Mega Meta.
    Hell it will be the best mega in the meta, see what I did there? xD
    Tho I doubt it will. If we assume it gets atleast base 101 speed, it will be able to take out a majority of OU. I say 101 to outsized Landorus I who might threaten it the most...

Years
    MegaGross would still have to deal with both Mega Charizards, too. Its Steel STAB won't help it fight them; it does have its Psychic STAB but both Megazards are forces to be reckoned with. Plus, Megazard X has Tough Claws + Flare Blitz (making FB go from 120 BP to 240 BP) while Megazard Y has Drought + Flamethrower/Fire Blast (Flamethrower goes from 90 BP to ~203 BP and Fire Blast from 110 BP to ~248 BP.

Years
    MegaGross would still have to deal with both Mega Charizards, too. Its Steel STAB won't help it fight them; it does have its Psychic STAB but both Megazards are forces to be reckoned with. Plus, Megazard X has Tough Claws + Flare Blitz (making FB go from 120 BP to 240 BP) while Megazard Y has Drought + Flamethrower/Fire Blast (Flamethrower goes from 90 BP to ~203 BP and Fire Blast from 110 BP to ~248 BP.

That's why I said it would need base 101. Plus, if you can keep rock's up, I'd imagine the zards wouldn't be a problem.

Plus who knows. Metagross might get some new moves.
    I could be over hyping it, but really Metagross only needed a speed boost to be OU viable imo, these extra boost in all stats besides hp are bonuses imo

Years
    Metagross has several rock moves at it's disposal so that should take care of Mega Charizard Y if it's quicker than it.
    Wonder which nature will be the best for one planning a Mega Metagross...hmm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back