• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well the Anime went back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier Saga (I used to think it a expanded version of the battle island before I learned that they had gone back to Kanto for it...)

Anyways it seems to be a Pokemon Origins kind of story. I figured they would've done one.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I a actually thinking it will be like b2/w2s special, although the origins ruby and sapphire would be cool. Anyway i have a feeling corocoro will start leaking soon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think they're just holding them. May is holding the Pokemon that match XYOrAS while Brandon is holding the third member colored starter... I think that was done on purpose. Also May having two could mean she's either the main character or the rival as she has Torchic which is strong against Treecko, and Mudkip which is weak against Treekco. I have a feeling May will play her role as Birch's kid while Brandon will take the role of MC.

Anyways we can expect corocoro leaks tonight or tomorrow. Kind of strange that they have yet to leak considering the previous issues...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe they'll be allowing May to get a hold of two starter Pokémon, whether it be as your primary player or rival. As stated before, they tend to stick to their original version as much as possible when creating remakes, and this would sort of go against that.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Judging from mega evolution alone, I think it is safe to assume that your rival will be involved in a bigger part of a the story - and that also means battling him/her after Lilycove.

Really, it's kinda idiotic that your rival gives up so easily in the originals.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I don't believe they'll be allowing May to get a hold of two starter Pokémon, whether it be as your primary player or rival. As stated before, they tend to stick to their original version as much as possible when creating remakes, and this would sort of go against that.

If that's true, then how am I suppose to play as May without Torchic, which I can't use because Blaziken is an uber?

Years
    Last time I checked, the game doesn't give a **** about what's Uber.

I think he's just putting a limitation on himself that he doesn't use any Pokemon that is classed as an Uber in competitive play, and he also likes to use the starter canonically associated with the character.

But yes, Zekrom is right. Just because something is overpowered competitively doesn't mean you can't use it in-game. I sometimes use things that are strong in-game but considered weak or outclassed competitively.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Alright ladies and gentlemen I'm going to be leaving for a while until after I beat the game see Ya in a few weeks! Just dont want to get spoiled and want to be surprised! Ciao!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Last time I checked, the game doesn't give a **** about what's Uber.

As what Hikamaru said, I limit myself from using uber Pokemon in my team, but because I want use a starter that's canonically associated with a trainer, I can't play as May if Blaziken is uber, nor do I want to rid of my starter, because I always keep my starter on my team.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    As what Hikamaru said, I limit myself from using uber Pokemon in my team, but because I want use a starter that's canonically associated with a trainer, I can't play as May if Blaziken is uber, nor do I want to rid of my starter, because I always keep my starter on my team.
    How about not evolving into Blaziken? Considering what the Gym Leader & Elite Four types in these games are, I think it would be entirely possible to beat the game with a Combusken, if the rest of your team is well-balanced. Imagine that you're playing not as Hero-May but as Neighbour-May, who never evolved her starter into the third form.

Years
    How about not evolving into Blaziken? Considering what the Gym Leader & Elite Four types in these games are, I think it would be entirely possible to beat the game with a Combusken, if the rest of your team is well-balanced. Imagine that you're playing not as Hero-May but as Neighbour-May, who never evolved her starter into the third form.

That may sound interesting but this time around the rival is going to have an expanded role so this means Brendan/May will actually fully evolve (and Mega evolve as well) their starter this time around as opposed to leaving it as a Grovyle/Combusken/Marshtomp in the original versions.

I guess Mega Evolution was what was needed to finally make Brendan/May have a fully-evolved starter as the rival. However there have been occasions in X/Y where the rival didn't battle you with their starter in a certain stage. Calem/Serena didn't battle you while their starter was still unevolved (the first time you battle them is when he/she's starter is in its middle stage), and you never get to see Shauna's starter in their middle stage.

But with this latest showing that Brendan/May will be using their starter's Mega in rematches it means now every game rival uses a fully-evolved starter.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So is there no corocoro this month? It should have leaked by now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back