• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    Just look at how they acknowledged the Game Corner's removal here:
    Spoiler:

They literally closed it down, with a little message on it.

Well, that's a nice little nod to all of the people who've visited the Game Corners over the years, isn't it?

Years
    Guys, I apparently heard a rumor that the Move Tutor moves cost BP which is what most people don't want. That means you pretty much have to deal with the cheaters in the Battle Maison again, so that's a huge disappointment if it's true.

Edit: Apparently it is true, according to this guy: Click here, but heavy spoilers ahead

The Tumblr post linked there also revealed some more stuff:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm actually quite upset that there's no gym leader rematches so far...

Spoiler:

Years
    I'm actually quite upset that there's no gym leader rematches so far...

But remember how the Trainer's Eyes worked in the originals... the only possible rematches were regular trainers along with Wally. Brendan/May weren't because they quit being trainers, but given they'll likely now Mega Evolve their starter it seems like we may be able to rematch them this time around.

Years
    Guys, I apparently heard a rumor that the Move Tutor moves cost BP which is what most people don't want. That means you pretty much have to deal with the cheaters in the Battle Maison again, so that's a huge disappointment if it's true.

Edit: Apparently it is true, according to this guy: Click here, but heavy spoilers ahead

I'll take doing a few Single Battles (those seemed easiest for me) at the Maison and using BP from PokeBank over looking for dust clouds in caves and hoping I happen to find a shard <_< Plus from what I've seen floating around of the tutor moves, they don't cost much (8-12 points for what's been discovered so far).

Years
    I'll take doing a few Single Battles (those seemed easiest for me) at the Maison and using BP from PokeBank over looking for dust clouds in caves and hoping I happen to find a shard <_< Plus from what I've seen floating around of the tutor moves, they don't cost much (8-12 points for what's been discovered so far).

I was also thinking they'd cost BP because shards didn't exist in X/Y either, so it's safe to assume shards don't exist in 6th Gen as a whole.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    But remember how the Trainer's Eyes worked in the originals... the only possible rematches were regular trainers along with Wally. Brendan/May weren't because they quit being trainers, but given they'll likely now Mega Evolve their starter it seems like we may be able to rematch them this time around.

Hmmm? I'm not referring to the rival. I'm quite positive they'll have future rematches because of mega evolution.

Anyway, less than a day left. No words can describe my excitement.

Years
    Don't think they'll have the HAs because the Johto batch didn't have them.

Ugh, that's really disappointing. TROLL FREAK Y U NO GIVE US HA JOHTO AND UNOVA STARTERS?!?!

Seriously, they're the only ones who haven't been released yet. Considering HA starters from other regions were either catchable in XY (Kanto, Kalos) or released through events (Hoenn, Sinnoh), you'd think they would have passed them on here.

Years
    Ugh, that's really disappointing. TROLL FREAK Y U NO GIVE US HA JOHTO AND UNOVA STARTERS?!?!

Seriously, they're the only ones who haven't been released yet. Considering HA starters from other regions were either catchable in XY (Kanto, Kalos) or released through events (Hoenn, Sinnoh), you'd think they would have passed them on here.

They may not be given to us, but if (emphasis on the 'if' since I haven't seen anything confirming that) Friend Safari's back they could always appear there, although with how it works leakers may not be able to find them until release.

Years
    This one caught me ENTIRELY by surprise.

Spoiler:

Oh god that was totally unexpected. Oshawott needs me now.

But I'm picking Mudkip as my Hoenn starter... and now we are getting two more starters? Guess I may box my Swampert in the postgame after all but I'll still enjoy using it in the main story. Apparently they mentioned you can't get the Sinnoh starters sadly, meaning you still need Pokemon Bank to get those guys.

I guess this is again, to allow 6th Gen-born starters for official tourneys? Like what they did by sticking all those legendaries in the game?

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I called this one right from the beginning, and a tweet from a few months back only made it even more evident. It's always safe to assume the Game Corner will never be in any future games.

And it's all thanks to Europe and their anti-gambling laws that the Game Corner is a thing of the past. At least this means the 5 TMs (Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Double Team, Psychic) it had in the originals will now be found in an alternative location. But the question now is, where will these TMs now be found?

I really don't like how they removed the Game Corner because the Europeans hate gambling, because I always enjoyed playing those mini-games. Couldn't we just get an arcade with Pokemon-themed mini-games so we could play things safe, rather than taking it out completely? It's like because of this that Game Freak is embarrassed to even have the concept of a Game Corner that they won't have one ever again, much like anything related to Porygon in the anime. I loved playing the slots because they were a fun mini-game that you could enjoy that wasn't related to battles or contests (and I was never really big on contests), but now that's all we have are battles and contests now, no mini-games.

What about the prizes, where are we going to get those now? Also, what would happen if they decide to remake Gen 1 again, how would they explain the Team Rocket Hideout without completely rewriting that part of the story.

Now all we have left for mini-games are the Amie mini-games, imported straight from Kalos, when I rather have something new instead of something that was already in X/Y.

RIP Mauville Game Corner: 2002-2014

Years
    Well, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam were available for free shortly after the fifth badge (by Wattson after doing New Mauville and in the Abandoned Ship respectively), and Psychic was in Victory Road, so I have a hunch that they might place those TMs in similar locations. But there are the dolls for the starters that were obtainable in that Game Corner, so they might move those to the Lilycove Department Store or something.

Years
    What about the prizes, where are we going to get those now? Also, what would happen if they decide to remake Gen 1 again, how would they explain the Team Rocket Hideout without completely rewriting that part of the story.

The 5 TMs that were given as prizes (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Psychic, Double Team) will likely be found in alternate locations to compensate for the axing of the Game Corner.

I understand that some enjoyed the Game Corner in the past but the games from here on will be nothing but kid-friendly.

Well, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam were available for free shortly after the fifth badge (by Wattson after doing New Mauville and in the Abandoned Ship respectively), and Psychic was in Victory Road, so I have a hunch that they might place those TMs in similar locations. But there are the dolls for the starters that were obtainable in that Game Corner, so they might move those to the Lilycove Department Store or something.

That could be a possibility, but there's also item shops for Secret Bases in Fortree City as well. But I think it might be the Department Store that the Hoenn starter dolls may be obtained.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The 5 TMs that were given as prizes (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Psychic, Double Team) will likely be found in alternate locations to compensate for the axing of the Game Corner.

I understand that some enjoyed the Game Corner in the past but the games from here on will be nothing but kid-friendly.

You know, I feel like the games are being watered down anymore to be for younger and younger audiences, with little to no appeal to older fans at all. I know they were always kid's games, but seriously, it's not even real gambling, they could have just replaced it with regular mini-games like Pokemon-ified versions of classic arcade games and have it over with, I mean, what am I going to do when I'm not in the mood for constant battling (since I was never a big fan of contests) asides from not playing the games at all?

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
    While I certainly don't think the game corners should of been taken out... I will say that the game corners were about the most frustrating thing I have ever come across.... I might of just been bad at them lol... but it seemed to take me ages to make any ground towards getting something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back