• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Congrats, Mr./Ms./Mrs/New President!

Years
  • (Expect more topics like this. You a-holes got me kicked out of the library for laughing at my last topic. I love/hate you guys)

Consider this. You wake up, get dressed and crap, the moment you go outside a reporter asks "How does it feel to be the new leader of your country?"

That's right. You're the leader of your country! What would you do?

Me, I'd say "Dammit. Now I have to deal with politicians and their warped system. Dammit."

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    "Hellooo. I am feeling very proud to be the first female president of America. I will try to do lots of nice things and I hope that you will like them."

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • "I don't know. Congratulations, you now have the laziest president in history"

Years
  • Condidering that I'm german and that "How does it feel to be the new leader of your country?" sentence contains the word "Führer" when translated... I probably would talk about war and how all other races are inferior.

No, actually I would probably say something like "How could that happen? People must either be really desperate or totally mad to vote for someone like me..."

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • "I'm so honored and blessed, I can't even find the words to describe what it feels like to be leading a nation... It's sweatin' time!!!" (Starts to dance)

Actually being a president/prime minister is too much hassle for me. I'd be president/prime minister for only one day and that's it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Laugh maniacally as my henchmen in the Defense department mobilize the armies and begin to unfurl my evil plans to conquer the entire world. >:D

I'd say if people were stupid enough to willingly voted me into an office that high, they're getting exactly what they deserve from their leader. XD

Ayselipera

Well I'd probably say something like, "I'm so proud to be serving this country... blah blah blah."

In my head though I'd probably be panicking. I would never want to be president. There would be so much pressure on me all the time and I would feel truly bad if I ever did something that affected others in a bad way. Plus I would also find it extremely annoying that everyone around the world would be picking me apart and bashing me for doing something they didn't like. It's just too much for me. :(

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    "............"
    Yes, indeed, I would be speechless :x

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
  • I'd just be speechless initially. ._.

And I think I'd be pretty annoyed, considering how the UK's politics have gone from bad to worse over the past month. ¬¬

Years
  • Reply "Yes, them damn conservatives are gone." and soon hand over probably to one of the Milliband brothers as long as they secure that I'll be the candidate for MP in my area when I'm older. :D

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'd be like, "Yes, get the agendas being pushed this past year outta here!" Then I'd push for a Libertarian-based Congress, or at least Libertarian-based policies.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I'd say.. Well, actually I can't repeat what I'd say but it'd be basically me just swearing at David Cameron and rubbing it in his face (metaphorically speaking) an then I'd be like; "Wow, this is awesome, I'm actually leader of Britain... Sweet!" Then I'd run the country properly like kicking out ALL illegal immigrants no matter how long they've been there. (Yes, I'm looking at you Clegg and your amnesty plans for illegal immigrant that have been here for 10 years or more) I'd change the Scottish National anthem to "Loch Lomond by Runrig". Legalise marijuana (for my friends, I don't smoke) I'd also make it a law that any secretary I had must be well fit (well, it's my country, If I can have anything then I want good looking secretaries) Oh, an they must be female. Meow. Then I'd unite England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland into one big country (so they weren't all split) and call it Scotland... or Ryanland. Then after I had had all my fun creating new laws and taking laws away I'd turn the country into a dictatorship. Just for a laugh. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'd think Tinhead Bruce would probably have to assassinate me. ¬¬

Meanwhile I'd be sitting there trying to figure out what in the heck I'm going to do seeing as I'm a teenager, the first female president, and haven't bothered to learn much in-depth about politics.

Congrats, Mr./Ms./Mrs/New President!

Then I'd probably pull a massive publicity stunt by going on the interwebs to look for advice. =D

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • "Oh, I see... that's very interesting...." *resigns*

Seriously, you would not want me to be President, you people would complain more about me than Bush and Obama combined. >_<

Years
  • It'd probably take awhile to say, but I think it'd eventually boil down to something like this: "But I don't remember running for President!"

And then, hopefully, I'd wake up from my awful nightmare. :( I don't want to be President!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I think you have the wrong house!
    Well, I would be surprised and happy, to say the least. As for what I would do, well I would try to make my country better than it already is, like try to improve Australia's healthcare and education systems, which I believe are under par with the rest of the world. I would also make efforts to improve the sustainability of our environments as well.

Years
  • "My fellow Canadians, it's been a long time coming. We've been slowly on the rise in economic, technological, and scientific areas. Now we must step into the ground reserved for history's greatest nations that graced the surface of the Earth. I announce a 7000% increase in military spending and an institution of a draft system for the armed forces, requiring a minimum of 2 years of service of all able-bodied Canadians from age 18. To fund this magnificent endeavor, I hereby revoke national health-care, child care, free public education, and welfare. My friends, our glorious days are near!"

And then my assassination comes three seconds later.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • [jq]I am glad to be the first Asian President of this country. I shall, from this day till the day I resign from office, be the perfect President every citizen here in the United States have dreamt about....[/jq]

After a good fifty minute speech on how amazing Pokemon is, I would announce the reasons why I was picked as president.

[jq]There shall be no more starvation, for I have enough rice to feed the world. There shall be no more illness, for I found the solution to all deseases. There shall be no more bad music, for I sentenced Lil' Wayne to life imprisonment. There shall be no more terrorism, for I found Osama Bin Ladan's hiding spot in the Himalayas.....[/jq]

I would then finish my speech and go to bed.

[jq]Oh, and the United States will never go to war with China. kthnksbai[/jq]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ugh I doubt half of you would do what's said.

Tbh, I would resign straight away, because "reporter" was mentioned in this thread. I want to be a reporter, I want to report on these things, I don't want to be the one being reported on. So...yeah.

If not possible to resign straight away, I'll hold an election-- then again, Rudd/Abbott are about as popular as eachother atm, so meh.

Back