• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coolest Easter egg found in a video game?

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
Years
  • In MGS 2, if you take pictures of certain in game posters and upload them to Otacon, he makes some interesting commentaries. I always love his reactions. XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't know if it's really an easter egg, but Giygas in its final form is awesome. Mainly because it's a fetus. And you have to travel up "the tubes" in order to get to it.

Just don't bring that up on Starman's forums. They have a little trouble dealing with the truth.

None of that was intended according to the director of the game.

How could they NOT notice something like that when designing the enemies? You'd think ONE OF THEM would see it and say, 'Hey. That might not be appropriate to put in the game'.

Secret of Evermore - Seeing characters from FFVI in the stands of the colosseum. That always gave me a laugh, given the history of the game's development.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • It's not really that cool, but in Half Life : Blue Shift, on two of their calenders (I think they only have two calenders in the whole game), they don't have a Dec. 31st, It only goes from Dec 1st - 30th.. I guess they don't celebrate New Years ?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • How could they NOT notice something like that when designing the enemies? You'd think ONE OF THEM would see it and say, 'Hey. That might not be appropriate to put in the game'.

Fans didn't notice it for several years after the game was released. How did the fans not notice it then? Easy, it's not really there. Someone just started a rumor and it picked up and now people can see things in Giygas. It's just like the clouds in the SSBB trailer... Once you're told something is supposed to be there, you see it.

Not to mention, it doesn't 'appear' until the sprite is multiplied several times, so it should be obvious something like that wasn't purposely drawn in.

Back