• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coolest new feature?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Other than what has been mentioned before, I also think that having the stats show what specific stat is increased and decreased in a Pokémon depending on its nature is a pretty new and useful feature added into the game. This totally slipped my eyes at first, but was mention in the Pokémon Discussion Sticky. If you are to look closely, you will notice that one stat will have a drop shadow in red, while another will have a blue drop shadow. The red signifies the increase, while the blue signifies the decrease. A very important feature, especially for those who are into competitive play and EV training their Pokémon.

If you Click Here, you will notice what I mean exactly.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    The Pokemon following you. Really cool I can't wait to catch a Snorlax and have it follow me! LOL
    I also like the music changer!

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • the pokewalker seems cool too, all of that walking around the college campus is gonna pay off. :P

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • The touch menu. Nothing else even comes close to its awesome. IT HAS THE RUNNING SHOES ON IT.
    I know, and you don't even have to hold b to keep you running, WHICH IS AMAZING IMO.
    Oh I also liked the Pokethlon, and Pokewalker.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Personally, i really enjoy the pokemon following feature...i had always wished they put this in since i played yellow for the first time. The pokeathlon is also fun!

Alexia

lunar Trainer <3
    Years
  • I liked the new little cut scenes before fighting Lugia/Ho-Oh, partner pokemon, gb player and basicly everything! I didn't mind the new Menu but I think it could of been slightly more improved but it was still a very nice, new fresh idea!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • How they shifted the Running Shoe's access to the PokéGear menu was great new change to an on going feature. It makes things a lot easier now to use the shoes without having the hassle to keep holding down on the 'B' button.

Not to forget the new additional first person screenshots and three dimensional appearances by the legendary Johto Pokémon, Ho-Oh and Lugia. These were a great additions to the game that gave the game another step up. Yes, they changed the way to get the game mascots now involving the Kimono Girls, but the new design backs up the change I have to say.

BrockObama

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    i love the run button on the touch screen. it's so convenient to not have to hold down B all the time.

Skyzor91

Skyzor the Scizor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2013
    I dunno about anyone else but I like a lot of the changes made in some of the areas from the original Gold and Silver. It feels like a revamped game with added extras and story twists. For example... With Slowpoke Well, it didn't feel like a Well in the Original, just a ladder going down. (obviously it wouldn't have been easy to make everything pefect back then, probably being too critical.) In Heart Gold though, it adds a more general surrounding.

Like the Pokémon Following Feature (especially when I had Abra, I was like "Floating Abra! Awesome!"... Shame that I didn't press B when he evolved, no matter.)

I like the use of the Touch Screen, only time you'd probably use A, B, X or Y would be trying to capture a Pokémon with all them button combinatons with Trial and Error or if you wanted to use them for button mashing to skip text or you'd simply blank the Touch Screen out. Good thing about the Touch Screen, "My Thumbs are at a rest, Finally!"

Can't really comment elsewhere since I haven't completed the game and probably looks like I've expanded my words unnecessarily since they have been said anyway.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'd just have to say the pokemon following you feature would be my fav. Though I have yet got to see a following wailord

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I can't decide between the fact that you can PalPark over as many times as you need per day, or that the bag/menu is the touchscreen. I can't stand the Poketch! I mean, it has its uses, but I wish you could change your preferences or something.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    The running shoes and the bike being accesible from the touch screen.

Back