• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
Years
  • I love being able to see the full scans here. The new character designs for Professor Elm and Silver look amazing! And I seriously think Kanto is going to be in it; like people have been saying, these are remakes, and it wouldn't be a true remake if Nintendo just cut out a crucial part of the story. Also, Serebii mentioned the appearance of a new area west of the National Park (Dunno what the National Park is...maybe something like Pal Park?)

Let's see...two areas to explore, another new unknown area, and all Pokemon can follow you? This may just be my favorite Pokemon game of all time ^_^

Years
  • How does the magnet train confirm Kanto being in the game? Obviously they are not gonna remove it, how would the people of Johto travel? Just cos a transportation device is in the game doesn't mean it has to serve a purpose. The space station in Hoenn didn't mean you could travel to outer space haha xD

i don't think you've played the originals?
    the magnet train's purpose was to transport you between goldenrod city in Johto and saffron city in kanto.
    Having the magnet train visible in the map on those scans = magnet train in the games = KANTO

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    i don't think you've played the originals?
    the magnet train's purpose was to transport you between goldenrod city in Johto and saffron city in kanto.
    Having the magnet train visible in the map on those scans = magnet train in the games = KANTO

All I see is the magnet train station, and some tracks. Do we see it in use? No. I also see mountains and seas, does this mean we can cross them and swim accross to other regions? No.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Okay look at this map made by bulbapedia.
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

The flashing dot is Tohjo falls. We see up to roughly there then it gets cut off. That is what will be the Johto side of the map. Then on the other side of the falls when you come out will be the Kanto side. Still kyledove it does not matter. We see it going off into a distant land. What is this land it goes to? Why would it be there? They are setting themselves up for a massive complaint from fans if Kanto will not be in when the train is clearly there.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    That doesn't mean squat dove it doesn't mean squat. You have to go to Kanto anyway to reach the league. I mean its not on the Johto map and the route is missing. No way will they make you go to Kanto alone and solely for the league.

this ^
    The league is in Kanto
    The elite four is in Kanto
    the league is in Kanto

If the league was as far as you could go they probably would have never put it in an entirely different region. /facepal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    What I mean is, they're obviously not gonna remove it. It's part of the world, and Johto people use it to travel (Yes to Kanto so what?) That doesn't mean that you'll be able to use it at all.

Obviously. :| But I sorta think they wouldn't have made it like they did if it was just "for show". I think they would made it look like a crappy old trainhouse.

YES TO KANTO SO WHAT? Your whole point is that Magnet Train doesn't confirm anything, and you're saying Johto people use it to travel to Kanto. You see how you're not making sense. Obviously you'll use it to travel to Kanto.

Just saying, the inclusion of the magnet train does not confirm anything at all because it would never be removed.
    That is your only thing to stick on, " they won't remove it". Obviously they won't remove it because we need it to get to Kanto.

Edit:
    It doesn't matter really, when more scans come out, will we all know the truth. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Okay look at this map made by bulbapedia.
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

The flashing dot is Tohjo falls. We see up to roughly there then it gets cut off. That is what will be the Johto side of the map. Then on the other side of the falls when you come out will be the Kanto side. Still kyledove it does not matter. We see it going off into a distant land. What is this land it goes to? Why would it be there? They are setting themselves up for a massive complaint from fans if Kanto will not be in when the train is clearly there.

I'm just saying theres no confirmation or solid proof that Kanto is in it. I'm probably wrong and will admit that if it is the case, but just saying having the magnet train station there does not prove anything. Just cos the people of Johto can use it to go to Kanto, doesn't mean YOU can. There's also the possibility that they will only let you travel far enough into Kanto til the League.

You all do raise some valid points and I appreciate that, but there's still no solid proof. If we did have solid proof, the scans would be covered in big letters "You can travel to kanto!!!" but they aren't. There's no way they'd release proof of it and not say anything at all.
    Anyway there's not much point continuing this until we hear more news, so I'll gracefully duck out xD

Apologies for offending anyone, we're all big pokemon fans who can't wait for this game so I don't see why we should have to argue when we're all on the same (pokemon) side, I just dont believe we should jump to conclusions...

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • If the second means of transportation besides the boat from Olivine doesn't mean solid proof then I have no idea what is solid proof apparently. Anyway I believe when it comes to info for the games we have only got a small whimsical amount of info.

Years
  • All I see is the magnet train station, and some tracks. Do we see it in use? No. I also see mountains and seas, does this mean we can cross them and swim accross to other regions? No.

if you mean mt silver, separating kanto and johto, then yes it does :|
    as you need to go across tohjo falls to get to the elite four, IN KANTO.
    admitted we don't see the magnet train in use, but what would be the point in having it there in the first place if you can't use it?
    it'd just be a waste of game freak/nintendo's time to put it in there
    it'd be like having a port in sinnoh that takes you to some island but you can't go there because the boats aren't running?
    there'd be no point in including it.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I see what Kyledove is saying, there is no solid proof...but all this info so far sure give us semi-solid proof. I'd say there is a 90% chance of Kanto being in, and a WTF 9% of it not being in with all these things pointing to it. The last 1% is Hoenn for the people who keep saying "what if".

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    These games are looking to be way too awesome, I'm beginning to get suspicious...
    It kind of seems like they're trying to make the ultimate Pokemon game, I'm afraid this might be the end of Pokemon for a while D:

No need to think this will be the end of Pokémon. They are just revamping the remake to be just as good as Platinum and een better. They do this for the attraction of the game and to keep old, current and new fans purchasing the product. As long as the game brings in a high enough income to the company, you'll more than likely see another new generation of Pokémon games probbly in the next year or two.

Kanto is in no need to speculate like that. The magnet train is confirmation it will be in anyway and whatever it was always going to be in.

Before, we could have only speculated that Kanto may or may not have been included. Back then it was just too early to assume and say, "whatever it was always going to be in." However, with these new scans we can presume the Kanto will more than likely be in again.

All I see is the magnet train station, and some tracks. Do we see it in use? No. I also see mountains and seas, does this mean we can cross them and swim accross to other regions? No.

I've been reading what you've been saying and I think you're looking at the scans a little too hard. If you look back at the originals there was the Magnet train and the large mountains that divided Kanto and Johto. Nevertheless it was the Magnet Train that allowe us to travel back and fourth from Johto to Kanto and vise versa.

Seeing as the Magnet Train is brought back in Goldenrod City, this more than likely means we can travel back to Kanto like before. Not to forget, Kanto was the place holder of the Elite, the other 8 Gyms to battle and needed items. One for example was the Silver Wing which was given to us in Pewter City to access Lugia in the games on Whirl Island. Seeing as the tracks head off into the direction of Kanto I would believe they have kept the idea as the originals. So, it wuold be safe to assume that Kanto will be back.

For you, even if you wouldn't want it, many before you have wanted it back. IT would create massive interruption on the remake and cause a decrease in sales as fans would not be completely pleased. Kanto was a good part in the originals and with proof of the Magent Train on the map you can presume Kanto is making a return for the remake.

Also, official sites such as Serebii has even speculated that with this showing Kanto may very well make a return, so I wouldn't deny that it is back either.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    you guys should just give kyledove a break. He wasnt dissing kanto or anything. He was just bringing up the possibility that it isnt in. He was also saying this on the grounds that it hasnt been annouced yet that kanto will return (even though a probably will) So lets just get off this topic and talk about how funny a wailord will look following you around goldenrod city.

Years
  • when you think about it, theres only gonna be 2 or 3 more issues of Corocoro before Autumn, and therefore the release of HG/SS
    so i think the amount of info we'll get in the next month or two is gonna be pretty big, cos there isn't actually THAT long left before their scheduled release dates.
    so heres hoping we get more screens of pokemon following us, the confirmation of Kanto, and the in-game sprites for "soul" X__x

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Actually September is what I am thinking so that would basically leave us with 2 months of info and 4 months if it comes out in November. So all that time would go to something good not to mention trailers will pop up sooner or later.

Years
  • oh yeah, i always forget about trailers for ds games
    though, were there trailers for DPPt?
    i'd love to see a trailer, or at least them show us the opening sequence (hopefully its the same as the original ones, i looooved that opening, the lapras surfing across the screen at the beginning, memories come flooding back :') )

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    will snorlax follow you or will he just fall asleep and you will have to just leave him. lol. jk. Anywho im excited to see all of the pokemons ow sprites

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • oh yeah, i always forget about trailers for ds games
    though, were there trailers for DPPt?
    i'd love to see a trailer, or at least them show us the opening sequence (hopefully its the same as the original ones, i looooved that opening, the lapras surfing across the screen at the beginning, memories come flooding back :') )
    Wre actually had 2-3 for platinum so why not for this?
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/platinum/special/wallpaper/pokemon_1280x768.jpg
    ^ I want something like this for Johto. Also for the trailers they came out around July but that was because news came slowly for platinum. I can see them by next week on Pokemon Sunday or even tonight.

Back