• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I updated the first post. It seems now Jirachi also has an event of sorts in this game.
    Apparently so, or leastways according to recent talks about Jirachi on Japanese forums, as people say. A lot of events seem to be unlockable from trading other event Pokemon to HG/SS, atm. Jirachi event itself might be for Platinum though...? Needs more info.

Below the Jirachi one can see that new Wiiware game as well... it might be concerning that, for all we know.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Apparently so, or leastways according to recent talks about Jirachi on Japanese forums, as people say. A lot of events seem to be unlockable from trading other event Pokemon to HG/SS, atm. Jirachi event itself might be for Platinum though...? Needs more info.

Below the Jirachi one can see that new Wiiware game as well... it might be concerning that, for all we know.
    People on Japanese forums and 2ch say that you download it with scramble in a way and it unlocks an area called the edge of the night sky. If true that is pretty much the most badass thing I ever heard for a Pokemon game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    As it says on serebii...
    A few hours ago, another CoroCoro picture showed up on the Japanese forums. This one involves Jirachi. A special distribution of Jirachi is to begin on June 19th. It is at Level 5 and is said to have special attacks. It also unlocks a new area in Heart Gold & Soul Silver when traded over. The method of distribution is as of yet unknown but as soon as we are sure, we'll let you know
    I wouldn't be too sure that the name of this area will remain 'edge of the night sky' - or leastways, not necessarily in the English versions... (coughDistortionandTornWorldcough).

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    WOOOOW!!!!!! This is so totally EPIC!!! First off, wow. If there are including 3rd gen legendraries, then I'm guessing that they would b including more areas to explore. Which is exactly what I want! Plus the idea of getting Jirachi to open up a new area is so totally awesome! All of this, in my favourite region!
    I really like the pics of all the characters, especially Utsugihakase (Professor Elm). He looks really nice and cool. But what is worrying me is that they are giving away really big information early on. It would b kinda dissapointing if there isn't much to know closer to the date. I really can't imagine them topping all this. I'm hoping they can prove me wrong. ^o^

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wait wait wait. Scratch my ala rotom idea out. I had an idea and this is a good one. In Kanto there is said to be a white rock. Jirachi is usually associated with white rocks like Shaymin. I have reason to believe that at night time when you trade this Jirachi over to hgss and go to Kanto's white rock it unlock the edge of the night sky and you get a new Jirachi form and form item. So then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. White Rock unlocks new Jirachi form area and you get Kanto to boot!

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    Wait wait wait. Scratch my ala rotom idea out. I had an idea and this is a good one. In Kanto there is said to be a white rock. Jirachi is usually associated with white rocks like Shaymin. I have reason to believe that at night time when you trade this Jirachi over to hgss and go to Kanto's white rock it unlock the edge of the night sky and you get a new Jirachi form and form item. So then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. White Rock unlocks new Jirachi form area and you get Kanto to boot!
    Nice! But I really hope you're wrong. I really don't like the idea of creating a new form of Jirachi mainly because the alternate forms of Giratina and Shaymin were things that i would like to forget. And why would they go back on a legendary that is from the previous generation? I think the white rock is probably the key where u can get to the edge of the night sky but i reckon there would be something else there... we'll find out soon, hopefully...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well why unlock a new area when you already would own the Jirachi. I mean you can get it in a week or so in Japan so unlocking a new area for nothing would be useless.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    It may contain another legendary or an item to go with jirachi, i really don't know. Or......... wait. YES! It probably b based off what jirachi is known for, a wish. This wish could be like in Mystery Dungeon and u have a choice in what u ask for!

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years

haha i love your idea =D I was thinking the same. So obviously if they are including a new area, there has to be more to it. Can't wait to see what gamefreak has in stall for us.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    wat? oh no. this is horrible. Although quite funny. XD. why? oh well, that means i won't be able to try out this new area. But if its from maccas it shouldn't b a big deal. Unless they put it over wifi another time.
    Yeah anything MacDonalds in Japan I do not think goes over to other areas like that but through other things.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Can anybody translate the McDonalds image?

The giveaway is from 6/19 - 7/17

There will be a second giveaway of Jirachi after the date expires though we do not know what time

It confirms that something will happen if you bring it to HGSS

The giveaway is for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    BOX ART REVEALED.
    If you're too lazy to look at the new box art thread:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Again, classy. 8D
    Also, omgomgomg Jirachi ♥ It's about effing time. And 'Edge of The Night Sky' is the best name for an area EVER. I want to see it. Now.

Back