• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What are you talking about, I was reiterating what he already said, I disagreed with his source.

He was talking about the three legendary birds, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. He said they more than likely shall not be included into HeartGold and SoulSilver as they were brought into the wild in Platinum.

However, seeing as the games are becoming less dependant for the GBS slots,the idea of putting in the Hoenn Legendaries fits as pretty soon there would have been no other way to obtain it if the GBA slots aren't continued anymore [such as like the DSi]. Not to mention, these are basically the only non-event legendaries needed as event he three Regiis were put into Platinum as well.

Years
    Same with me and I've never seen that info. I could see Mewtwo appearing (perhaps an event with Giovanni?) but I really doubt the Birds will be there, seeing as the just appeared in Platinum.

yeah that'd be cool.
    maybe after you get to kanto he'll appear at some team rocket event and give you a ticket to go to an island, like cresselia/darkrai event ?

also, whys everyone speculating about cianwood having a canal? you can't make out anything about the map from those screens?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    He was talking about the three legendary birds, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. He said they more than likely shall not be included into HeartGold and SoulSilver as they were brought into the wild in Platinum.

However, seeing as the games are becoming less dependant for the GBS slots,the idea of putting in the Hoenn Legendaries fits as pretty soon there would have been no other way to obtain it if the GBA slots aren't continued anymore [such as like the DSi]. Not to mention, these are basically the only non-event legendaries needed as event he three Regiis were put into Platinum as well.
    Lati@s should be in too then just to do so. Then mewtwo would be an event and this will be perfect.

Ayselipera

cooler in the remake. I always
    thought he looked really stupid in
    the originals.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    The Rival's design is creeping me out. Must be the hair, 'cause it looks a bit like Mars got gender reassignment surgery.

Also, in the pic where the Hero is talking to Elm, I can sort of make out the name 'Soul'. Are they playing this on SS, or is that the Hero's new default name?

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    What the hell? Cynthia in Gold and Silver? That has to be the stupidest thing they've ever done. Nintendo is screwing up this game too much now.... she better not have a part in the main plot, but rather just some thing AFTER the plot. Kyogre Groudon and Rayquaza are in the worst gen (3rd) and should BELONG there. Not in this awesome game.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    What the hell? Cynthia in Gold and Silver? That has to be the stupidest thing they've ever done. Nintendo is screwing up this game too much now.... she better not have a part in the main plot, but rather just some thing AFTER the plot. Kyogre Groudon and Rayquaza are in the worst gen (3rd) and should BELONG there. Not in this awesome game.

Another scan has come up which shows a possible Arceus event in Heart Gold & Soul Silver which features Arceus & Cynthia in a triangle between three symbols, possibly symbolising Dialga, Palkia & Giratina. It is said on Japanese forums that if you transfer the Movie Arceus over to HGSS, you will be able to go to a place in the game and unlock a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.
    It hasn't even been confirmed yet, stop complaining.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I checked Serebii just before this thread! XD

I like Silver's new Sugimori Art. And the Groudon/Kyogre/Raquaza and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus event looks awesome! :D
    I can't wait until the JP ROM comes out. XD

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    I think those that speculated if theres a second region it may be Hoenn may be right it seems, seeing as it needs to only cover Mewtwo from the first generation in the game, but it needs to cover all the legendaries from Hoenn.

I'm still doubting a second region, despite how much i'd love it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think those that speculated if theres a second region it may be Hoenn may be right it seems, seeing as it needs to only cover Mewtwo from the first generation in the game, but it needs to cover all the legendaries from Hoenn.

I'm still doubting a second region, despite how much i'd love it.

More than likely the second region will be Kanto, and not necessarily Hoenn. Kanto for one is right next to Johto and is connected through sea and Mt. Silver. Even though the new Hoenn Legendaries are found in the remakes, if Hoenn had to be added in, they would have been found in their respective locations rather than roaming or found somewher randomly in Johto.

A second region, being Kanto, is more than likely to happen. As it is part of the originals and contains needed items, such as the Silver Wing. Not to mention, without Kanto there wouldn't really be an Elite, unless one of these new locations gives Johto its own independent Elite Four.

Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno were already in Platinum so why would they be in this game?

This is what some have stated themselves. It was more than likely purposely done by GameFreak to have us obtain the three legendary birds in Platinum so that way the wouldn't need to add it to these remakes. It also gave them more of a purpose to add in Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza over Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Years
    First, I'd like to say thank you to Todoroki Is for providing these scans. Thank you.

Two, I must say that after looking at these scans, I really want this game now. I think I'll like it way better than the original. I'm really loving the rival's new look. (I just had to draw a pic of him, and I did.) He looks more masculine than his old self if you ask me. (Now I have to find a new name for him, just because DP took him under their wing and made him more sinister. XD) I know some people claim he looks like Mars, but I'd say he looks more like he could be Mars' brother. He's supposed to have Red hair. If anything, I'd say Mars took his hair style. ;) JK. Gold came before Diamond. Just saying. ;) Anyway, his old and new hair style still look similar, the only real difference is length and that patch of hair that's sticking up. (He looks almost like the chronicles anime version of himself.) I like the new outfit. It's basically the same feel of the old look, but touched up a little bit. However, the top somehow reminds me of Groudon and Kyogre. (Mostly Kyogre.) But it makes sense because you can capture those legendaries in these games. I'm glad they showed the battle between you and your rival. I really like his new pose. (I kind of wish the pic was a little bit clearer, but I like the new Gold's back sprite. He's so cute! I might choose him over the new girl! XD) (Hopefully Pokemon Sunday will show the battle.)

Another thing I'd like to mention is Professor Elm's new artwork. I like it a lot better than the original and he seems like he's younger as well. I really like his new lab. I see that the machine that heals your Pokemon has returned. I'm happy about that. Though, I wish I could have seen a clearer picture of it, so I know exactly what his sprite looks like.

As for the Rocket grunt, I miss the old hair style, but this one is nice, too. I like her pink hair. Team Rocket=awesomest evil organization ever (in my eyes.)

Speaking of the Rocket Grunt, the two pictures to the right of her are intriguing to me.
    I wish I could see them better to get an idea of where they are located.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    When you have to tell a middle-aged person that they've got an anime character's gender wrong, that means they were drawn correctly.

bian

Years
    Yay! luckily Kyogre is in HeartGold, but i still won't pick unless i've seen the exclusives.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love how Silver's hair style is like Roark's now.. xD;

That was sarcasm, by the way, but I suppose it could be worse.

I'll like the character regardless. Hurray for finally seeing Silver in a scan. \o/

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Also, in the pic where the Hero is talking to Elm, I can sort of make out the name 'Soul'. Are they playing this on SS, or is that the Hero's new default name?

It's a tradition they have going, every game they show a screenshot of has the person's name as (some part of) the title of the game that is being played. So, yes that's why his name is Soul in that screen shot.

Back