• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • Is the fat Magma Admin really Tabitha? The other characters are recognizable (I don't know the names of the Aqua admins :P ), so it's probably him. Why they redesigned hi like that is a mystery, but it's not a bad design, just inconsistent.

I don't think Steven will even use Mega Charizard X so that isn't really that big of an issue. It's possible the demonstration Pokémon in one of the games will be Charizard Y to give him some love. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with X. I like both equally (though prefer X for his stats and type), and the shiny regular Charizard is dark purple, not black (it was only black in the 3rd gen sprites).

Then again, the Pokémon community is annoyingly hard to please. People still hate Lyra, even though there's nothing fundamentally wrong with her design, because she's not Kris.

On a side note, these new Mega Evolutions and Devolutions really got me excited for these games. (I never thought I would say this! Honest!) They also made me want to keep playing my X version and get back into the community.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My problem with the evil team redesigns is that it's not faithful to the originals. Taken on their own, they're decent enough designs that for the most part actually look pretty cool. But they aren't the Teams Magma and Aqua that I knew and loved growing up. On the other hand, I really want to like May and Brendan's new art, but something just seems off about it.

I love the new megas, at least! Especially Diancie, omg.

My biggest issue with Brendan's redesign is that he looks cross eyed. With May it's her pale color as if she hasn't had sun in awhile...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • My biggest issue with Brendan's redesign is that he looks cross eyed. With May it's her pale color as if she hasn't had sun in awhile...

I liked their clothes. Brendan looks sporty, and May looks cuter than before. Besides, I think they'll add the older outfits to a possible boutique (it would be a great opportunity for the to do so), so everyone is pleased. But really, I don't think anyone will use the regular outfits if there are boutiques in the game... :P

Years
  • I liked their clothes. Brendan looks sporty, and May looks cuter than before. Besides, I think they'll add the older outfits to a possible boutique (it would be a great opportunity for the to do so), so everyone is pleased. But really, I don't think anyone will use the regular outfits if there are boutiques in the game... :P

I like their designs too.
    I will probably mix parts of their default outfits with other shirts/pants like I did in XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm really glad that they brought May's old outfit back (well, sorta); it suits her much better than one from Emerald, if you ask me. :] Also, I'm glad that Mega Sceptile became part dragon-type; was really expecting it to.

Years
  • I'm really glad that they brought May's old outfit back (well, sorta); it suits her much better than one from Emerald, if you ask me. :] Also, I'm glad that Mega Sceptile became part dragon-type; was really expecting it to.

For me the Emerald one was better. I hope they include it, or at least a green version of her new outfit for her xD.

Yay for Grass/Dragon. It gives Mega Serperior the chance to be Grass/Dragon too seeing how before people said they doubted their ever make any starter Dragon (well Charizard X came first to break that). Hey maybe they'll make Feraligatr Water/Dragon so that we'll have at least one starter of each type with the Dragon type as it's secondary type. I say Feraligatr as I doubt Samurrott, Empoleon, and/ or Greninja's Mega will be part Dragon. Especially Empoleon...

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
    Years
  • Mega Diancie seems so... random, for lack of a better word.
    Probably something to do with the new movie is my guess.

Hopefully this is why. It really irks me when monotype trainers like gym leaders and elite four have Pokemon that aren't of their type specialty. Simply giving Steven a Charizard to raise publicity would be an abysmal way to promote ORAS. Thankfully, giving him one to explain how Mega evolutions work makes a lot of sense, so there's a solid chance that's what it is.
    He isn't a monotype trainer, though. He also uses Rock and Ground types.
    Personally I feel like they used charizard as a placeholder for a different, new mega that they didn't want to spoil. (mega metagross pls)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I'll like to see how MegaSwampert looks on all fours. I think that it's round body and it having Swift Swim could mean that it's actually faster seeing how round edged cars and other vehicles are faster than sharp edge vehicles.

My guess is that it is actually slower. Maybe just 10-20 so Swift Swim still makes a difference. Edit: Nevermind, it'll probably be untouched. I didn't realize how slow Swampert was. My guess:

Total BST: 635

120/110/130/85/130/60

I'm sad about Sceptile. Dragon just gives it 4x weakness to Ice, and makes it weak to Fairy and Dragon. The only good thing is that it's not weak to Fire anymore. Mega Ampharos all over again. :(

Years
  • My guess is that it is actually slower. Maybe just 10-20 so Swift Swim still makes a difference.

I hope not. Also the logic (at least my explanation for Mega Garchomp being slower) for Mega Garchomp being slower was due to it no longer having as sleek a body as it's normal form. Meanwhile MegaSwampert has the opposite thing going on with it's sleek, round body.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow I'm so excited!! SCEPTILE IS GRASS / DRAGON! My favorite starter getting Dragon-typing <3 Now I hope we have move tutors so it'll be able to learn Dragon Pulse ingame! Although, Lightning Rod is a really strange ability for it to have.

The redesigns look nice. Also, it looks like the overworld would be the same as Kalos's, obviously. And doesn't really look like customization will appear, but they could be saving that for later.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Developing on what Zero Percent said, it was never stated that Steven was a Steel-type master. His team is Skarmory/Claydol/Armaldo/Cradily/Aggron/Metagross in the originals. Only half the team is Steel-type. All of them are "mineral" types, however.

Actually I prefer that his team isn't all Steel Pokémon otherwise he could be soloed with Blaziken.

EDIT: Actually it's stated somewhere that he loves Steel Pokémon. Maybe they gave him other types to balance his team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Probably something to do with the new movie is my guess.

He isn't a monotype trainer, though. He also uses Rock and Ground types.
    Personally I feel like they used charizard as a placeholder for a different, new mega that they didn't want to spoil. (mega metagross pls)

That would make sense, for sure. Exactly why giving him Charizard irks me - only strays farther away from his steel monotype. At least Cradily and Armaldo somewhat relate to his concept of being interested in rocks and minerals, of which Charizard does not connect to in any shape or form. Long shot, but maybe his fossil Pokemon get steel type Mega evolutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Developing on what Zero Percent said, it was never stated that Steven was a Steel-type master. His team is Skarmory/Claydol/Armaldo/Cradily/Aggron/Metagross in the originals. Only half the team is Steel-type. All of them are "mineral" types, however.

Actually I prefer that his team isn't all Steel Pokémon otherwise he could be soloed with Blaziken.

EDIT: Actually it's stated somewhere that he loves Steel Pokémon. Maybe they gave him other types to balance his team.

The PokéNav in both RS and E refer to him as a Steel-Type Trainer.

Lance is clearly a Dragon-Type Trainer but only half of his team is Dragon-Type. Iris is also clearly a Dragon-Type Trainer, but as a Champion only has 3 actual Dragon-Types. Steven is the same--he uses 3 Steel and 3 Rock-Types to add diversity and challenge to his team, while keeping a matching theme, even though he is technically a mono-Type Champion.

The only mono-Type Champion whose team is actually all of one Type is Wallace.

But regardless, Charizard does not match his theme at all, as others have said, which is the main issue I have with it.

Years
  • That would make sense, for sure. Exactly why giving him Charizard irks me - only strays farther away from his steel monotype. At least Cradily and Armaldo somewhat relate to his concept of being interested in rocks and minerals, of which Charizard does not connect to in any shape or form. Long shot, but maybe his fossil Pokemon get steel type Mega evolutions.
    It bugs me too, the overpandering to Charizard fans has gotten a bit out of hand now. Honestly not everybody needs a Charizard X gamefreak!

I hope Mega X isn't his Steven's ace, that would be a bigger cop out not having Aggron his mega signature or Mega Metagross as his sig debut. I don't even know if this Charizard specifically belongs to Steven yet. If anything, he might show it off once in a sort of "Mega Evolution tutorial" at the beginning of the game... but its not a Hoenn Pokemon. This a Hoenn game and Mega Aggron already exists. So I don't understand where this is going.

Though, they could easily put a picture of any Mega there just to showcase Steven's reasearch topic I guess but why would they give Steven a Charizard anyway? I don't recall Lance's team changing between the original GSC games and the remakes. It's like giving Lance an Abomasnow in his remaked team; it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Looks like I was way off about no Mega Evolution until postgame.

Also why did they redesign EVERYBODY? Well, Brendan doesn't look different. May's new design is awful (always hated "Rosie the Riveter" headbands, think the knot in front is hideous) and why did they feel the need to change Shelly? Also unhappy that they're not incorporating the two-team stuff from Emerald... although if they do go through with Delta Emerald, it could be the best Pokemon game ever provided they don't nerf the difficulty.

Hoping character customization returns, too...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It bugs me too, the overpandering to Charizard fans has gotten a bit out of hand now. Honestly not everybody needs a Charizard X gamefreak... Just lance and Red...

I hope Mega X isn't his Steven's ace, that would be a bigger cop out not having Aggron his mega signature or Mega Metagross as his sig debut. I don't even know if this Charizard specifically belongs to Steven yet. If anything, he might show it off once in a sort of "Mega Evolution tutorial" at the beginning of the game if it truly belongs to him but I really doubt it's his. They could easily put a picture of any Mega there just to showcase Steven's reasearch topic I guess but why would they give Steven a Charizard anyway? I don't recall Lance's team changing between the original GSC games and the remakes. It's like giving Lance an Abomasnow in his remaked team; it doesn't make any sense.
    Even if it was a tutorial it doesn't make sense, because he should still use a Pokémon that fits his theme/Type. In HGSS when Lyra/Ethan teaches you how to catch Pokémon they use their Marill, not a Lv100 Venusaur...and that's another thing. Am I the only one who thinks it would be weird for Steven to use a Lv100 Pokémon, even if only for demonstration purposes? I would only find this acceptable if it's a scenario like the opening of Pokémon XD, where it begins with a battle simulation using Pokémon that neither you nor your opponent own...but I honestly can't see such a thing being thrown into the games unless it replaces a Contest Hall/Battle Tent...

Actually, that's what I'll be claiming until we get more information, ha ha! I just really can't bear to see one of my most favorite Pokémon characters using a Pokémon simply because Game Freak wants to include it in every possible little thing...

Years
  • It could also be advertising in a way for X by showing off a Mega whose stone could possibly only be found in X if they don't have in in either OR of AS.

Years
  • The screenshots were so epic team magma and aquas new designs are really cool, and brendan is my boy so he looked awesome as well, i hope we have character customization like x and y

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never expected the leaks to arrive this early (I thought it would be the day after Nintendo's E3 event). So now that we have Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, as well as Ancient De-evolution Groudon and Kyogre, how is this going to affect connectivity between X and Y in terms of trading and battling? I can't believe Masuda lied about Kalos Pokémon not getting Mega Evos due to being too recent. Is it because Diance is an event legendary that traditionally needs a forme gimmick? Branden's still got that grin from his original artwork, but the fact that he no longer has black hair kinda ruins a niche only him and Ethan share from the rest of the male trainers. I definitely like May's new outfit more than her original outfit; it's too bad she'll never appear in the anime once more in that outfit due to her Japanese VA retiring. What have they done to Team Magma and Team Aqua? I think Steven's Mega Charizard X is only a demonstration to how Mega Evolutions work, so it's not going to be part of his final team, which will have either Mega Aggron or perhaps a Mega Metagross, since it's his ace Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back