• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I like the Alola forms of older Pokemon but 2 things are buggind me:
    1. only gen 1.
    2. Yeah it's been a long time since we haven't seen a completely new Pokemon. I want more Alola forms but why can't we see them all already instead of waiting weeks for new Pokemon only to see a Alola form.

I like grimer, not the best but not bad and I like the typing. I wonder id it's shiny color will be purple lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Seems to me this was done so Grimmer and Muk could look more...creatively designed. I mean, Muk is one of the laziest designs in Pokemon. They just fed Grimmer a Super Mushroom and called it a day.

Years
    But it still leaves the question as to why a rebalance was necessary, if that was the ultimate aim. @_@ At least they seem to be given these rebalance changes to mostly Pokemon no one pays attention to, for the most part.
    I mean, your guess is as good as anyone's. Maybe it's not necessary. Personally, I think there's always been a desire on someone's part to go back and make little fixes and tweaks to the original games to "perfect" them. Which is why you got the re-typing of Magnemite, Clefairy, and so on. And the baby Pokemon, and branching evolutions, and continuing Eeveelutions, and mega evolutions - which have all happened to Gen I 'mons.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I do hope to see other Kanto Pokemon getting more Ghost, Dragon, and Steel typings in their Alolan forms, so Agatha and Lance can have more Pokemon of the type they specialize in.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I mean, your guess is as good as anyone's. Maybe it's not necessary. Personally, I think there's always been a desire on someone's part to go back and make little fixes and tweaks to the original games to "perfect" them. Which is why you got the re-typing of Magnemite, Clefairy, and so on. And the baby Pokemon, and branching evolutions, and continuing Eeveelutions, and mega evolutions - which have all happened to Gen I 'mons.

I didn't think of that. I thought it was just fan service for Gen 1, but it is possible that they are rebalancing Gen 1 a bit more.

This could be for tournaments. They might be planning to have more tournaments that are only for Kanto Pokemon, Ect. And Since Kanto pokemon were largely unbalanced, they might be trying to balance them out a bit more.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Ew.... not a fan at all. It seems like rebranding it for the sake of it... how would Grimer adapt to Alola and... gain a Dark typing and still keep its Poison typing?

I'm pretty disappointed. The fake leaks that were purified versions seemed so much more unique and creative. Oh well.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Was this another thing the Riddler predicted or was it another leak?

So many leaks have this, but the great thing is, Alolan Grimmer slaughters every single on of them!

The typings were completely off, and they piggybacked off of more credible leaks, so that can be used as a point to keep them.

As for design, it's alright, expected better. The type is neat though.

Years
    I wonder if instead of being sludge the Alola Grimer is actually a slime mold. Its body is decidedly less toxic-purple and more moldy-dark green. Here's a picture of a yellow slime mold, too.

CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is that not just a basic concept, though? I don't see what's so particularly amazing or insane about a lava Grimer... it makes sense! That's why people were eager to see something like it.
    I mean, this Alolan Grimer could be what made sense to Game Freak instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Having a lot of weaknesses doesn't automatically make it a bad Pokemon, competitively. We've yet to know its evo's base stats and moveset, so it can very well learn moves that check most of its weaknesses, anyway.

I hope you're right. Also that its next evolutions look as good as its first one :)

Years
    Dragon/fighting = I want to see that design right now. >< That's actually a typing I've been wanting to see for a while (a few gens at least), I don't care how feasible it would be to use, I don't care how many weaknesses it has or doesn't have, I just want to see what kind of design could go along with it.

As for that grimer? Ick. Well, probably doesn't help that grimer's not a favorite of mine in the first place. But with the design around its mouth like that...urgh. :X

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am glad we didn't get a lava Grimer. I know it would look cool and all, but we already basically have a lava grimer with Slugma, I believe it was a good choice for them not to choose fire/ground for grimer/muk, it would look way too much like Slugma and Macargo, and although those two are based on a slug and a snail, they are still piles of goop.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I like how Alola Grimer looks like a pile of acid that ate too much honey. Only the teeth are a little weird on it.

Nice to see Jangmo-o evolve into a Dragon/Fighting type. I may use it if it doesn't come too late and doesn't evolve too late (like the Deino line) or by something ridiculous like trading or holding your 3DS upside down. But anyways, I can't wait to see the entire evolution line!

Type: Null will evolve into something named Shiruvadi? That only proves even further that Type: Null should've gotten a different name.

Years
    Anyone here thinks that Type: Null's evolution is what's going to be revealed in the October 14th news?

I think there's a possibility it could, but some of the CoroCoro reveals don't get unveiled in English until at least a week later. Like how last month's issue had the UB-02's shown in English shortly after their CoroCoro reveal, but Lycanroc wasn't revealed in English until a week later.

Back