• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Rockruff's evolutions & new Ultra Beasts for Sun and Moon!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    A new generation and people are saying it's not Pokemon enough? What a surprise!

...anyway, these Ultra Beasts really have me confused. Why do we have aliens or fake Pokemon here all of a sudden? Why are they called Beasts... are they NOT Pokemon or is this a classification like "legendary"?

My guess is they're not Pokémon, but we might have to battle them... Simply because in Sun and Moon website these Ultra Beasts aren't in the "New Pokémon Section" :/ And I also don't think they're legendaries, since each legendary has a role in the world (Controling Time, Space, Emotions, etc), and I can't see Ultra Beasts having this significance. I feel like they're some abominations which disturb the Ecosystem.

Years
    Oh what?! It's version exclusive? What a shame. I gotta give up the midday evolution since I can only get Pokemon Moon. : /

It seems people are confused over if the forms are version exclusives or time-of-day based. According to this video by Verlisify, he believes the forms aren't version exclusive but what's rather being shown is that the time of day is inverted based on version.

I personally think it'll just be time-of-day because a version exclusive evolution feels weird. It's only just both times of the day being shown off.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    No one really knows if they're version exclusive or not.
    People are debating over this phrase by Serebii:
    It shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon.

Personally, I understand that they're SHOWING the evolution in each game because they're taking place 12h apart, therefore having the Sun form would be easier in Pokémon Sun, and the Moon form in Pokémon Moon, but Rockruff still evolves in a different form depending on the time of the day. I would really be surprise if they were to be version exclusive.

But I guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow's announcement :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I know Rockruff was a CoroCoro exclusive scoop for a while originally but I really hope they show off the evolutions and elaborate on their obtainment method because I don't see anything on the new scans that says specifically they're version-exclusive save for the logos appearing on the corresponding screenshots...

If they do turn out to be version-exclusive, I'll have to plan out a trade with someone who gets the Midday form...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Currently , I'm wondering about Lugarugan's height !
    It would be super cool if Mid-day Lugarugan is 1.5 meter tall.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    Yay, more Lugarugan details. So is Accel Rock going to be exclusive to it or will it expand to other Rock types like Archeops and Tyrantrum?

I suspect Accel Rock to be priority move, like Quick Attack, Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak etc. So it should be expand to other Rock types. The name literally means "speedy rock", we already have 'Rock Polish' for increasing Speed stat.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    If they do turn out to be version-exclusive, I'll have to plan out a trade with someone who gets the Midday form...

Yeah agreed, I much prefer the Midday form but I've pre-ordered Moon.

That said I don't think it makes a lot of sense for it to have version exclusive evolutions since the difference in the versions is the 12 hour time gap. I think it's just showcasing the time difference in the game, like what Nath74K said.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Okay well I'm definitely getting Sun now!! The Midnight forme is cool but I just reallllyyyy prefer the Daytime one. Makes sense that they were version exclusives. The new images look pretty cool.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I really hope they clear up this confusion during tomorrow's news. Another thing that's confusing right now is that contrary to what was said at first about Rockruff and the starters sharing a secret way back when, Joe is now saying on his Twitter that they DON'T share a secret. So I'm assuming that there was a mistranslation during Rockruff's first reveal? Because that's when Serebii's page had said they shared a secret.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    I really hope they clear up this confusion during tomorrow's news. Another thing that's confusing right now is that contrary to what was said at first about Rockruff and the starters sharing a secret way back when, Joe is now saying on his Twitter that they DON'T share a secret. So I'm assuming that there was a mistranslation during Rockruff's first reveal? Because that's when Serebii's page had said they shared a secret.

Now that's what I called a real "plot twist" ~_~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I suspect Accel Rock to be priority move, like Quick Attack, Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak etc. So it should be expand to other Rock types. The name literally means "speedy rock", we already have 'Rock Polish' for increasing Speed stat.

I've made a list of Rock types that would sense for them to learn Accel Rock based on their physical appearance:

Kabutops (can learn Aqua Jet)
    Aerodactyl
    Armaldo (can't remember if it learns Aqua Jet)
    Rapardos (Anime portays it running at decent speed)
    Arcehops
    Terrakion
    Tyrantrum

Years
    I know this is the stereotypical complaining about new stuff in a new generation but I really believe that the Ultra Beasts don't fit in with Pokemon. We have mega evolutions, we have Alolan forms, why do we need these? I understand that Game Freak is switching things up this Gen and I respect that, but with this I think they're throwing too much stuff into the game. They look a bit weird tbh and I don't really like the fact that one of them resembles a human, I know it's not good to complain especially as GF have clearly worked so hard on these games (they look amazing and I've already pre-ordered my copy) but I just don't like this one thing I dunno.

Anyway, Lugarugan looks really cool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm not fully sold on the ultra beasts yet either, but I'm willing to wait and see what comes of them.
    My current baseless theory is that they're like the Great Old Ones of the Pokémon universe, with their extra-dimensionalness and their sea creatures looks.

Years
    I've made a list of Rock types that would sense for them to learn Accel Rock based on their physical appearance:

Kabutops (can learn Aqua Jet)
    Aerodactyl
    Armaldo (can't remember if it learns Aqua Jet)
    Rapardos (Anime portays it running at decent speed)
    Arcehops
    Terrakion
    Tyrantrum

I think Armaldo doesn't learn Aqua Jet, but does get Water Gun for an unknown reason.

Years
    It seems people are confused over if the forms are version exclusives or time-of-day based. According to this video by Verlisify, he believes the forms aren't version exclusive but what's rather being shown is that the time of day is inverted based on version.

I personally think it'll just be time-of-day because a version exclusive evolution feels weird. It's only just both times of the day being shown off.

I do hope everything will be revealed how Rockruff evolves. I'm really praying right now it's not version exclusive.

Yep, I really don't want to trade anyone in generation 7. I want my pokemon to 100% third party device hack usage free. So I'm really hoping they evolve by time-of-day. : /

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think I prefer Midday form which is a shame considering I'm getting Moon. The midnight form is really cool too, I just think Midday is more how I envisioned Rugarugan to look.

Back