• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am kind of getting use to the boy's sprite. However, I would like to see the girl's sprite as we haven't seen it yet. I wish we got to see the girl's start menu on the touch screen so I could see what her name might've been and to see if it is Heart. Most likely Gold's new name is Soul though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they make the hat roughly around the same size as Team Rocket, I think I'll be alright with it, I wonder how nice the bow will look with it in the OW.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I also hope you could see her body without the hat covering it all up. I wonder if we'll be able to see the bow on it though?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The boy is still named Gold, and the girl's name is Soul.

Agreeing with f l a s h, how would you know that? Also I am pretty sure in one of the Coro Coro scans I saw the boy's sprite and the start menu along with it with the trainer card saying Soul. We'd probably have to get some more news about it though.

Years
    I was hoping it would be Heart=Girl, Gold=Boy, Silver=Rival...

I'll now admit that I was wrong to think the Cyndaquil picture was Azalea Town (b/c of the flower trees); it is Ecruteak City. (Says so on Serebii.net.) This info makes me more happy, because I now have a feeling what the rest of Ecruteak will look like.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    YEs, I saw where they stated that it's Eckruteak City, very nice though, and I cannot wait to see more of the other cities. If they keep teh different tree style pattern up then it'll keep me satisfied knowing I won't see the samething in every city all the time.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The picture of Sprout Tower looks amazing, I wish the whole of the game could look like that rather than the usual Pokemon look, but oh well, it's cool anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well Bulbagarden might need to go check out Serebii, because they stated it as Eckruteak.

Years
    I'm glad that Nintendo has decided to make a GS remake, because now I don't have to finish making my own Johto maps with FrLg graphics. I'll wait until Johto graphics become available online then I can finally make a Johto comic... it's for the Nintendo Ds. It makes up for the fact that they didn't remake it for the GBA. I'm looking forward to seeing Ice Cave. When I wrote to Nintendo asking if they were going to do a GS remake, the guy said "even though there hasn't been an announcement for a remake, you never know what the future holds!" :D That was when I first realized that there was a high chance of a remake. That's when I truly got excited and I found out. I got even more excited when I first saw the pictures from Coro Coro. I was so shocked to see the new character and the new look of Gold. I was indeed happy. I'd like to say thank you Nintendo (and the person who provided these pics) for making me a very happy, optimistic person. I can't wait to see the sprites for these characters. I must say I'm admiring Silver's overworld. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Eckruteak City was very fascinating. I must say, they really improved on it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I'm glad that Nintendo has decided to make a GS remake, because now I don't have to finish making my own Johto maps with FrLg graphics. I'll wait until Johto graphics become available online then I can finally make a Johto comic... it's for the Nintendo Ds. It makes up for the fact that they didn't remake it for the GBA. I'm looking forward to seeing Ice Cave. When I wrote to Nintendo asking if they were going to do a GS remake, the guy said "even though there hasn't been an announcement for a remake, you never know what the future holds!" :D That was when I first realized that there was a high chance of a remake. That's when I truly got excited and I found out. I got even more excited when I first saw the pictures from Coro Coro. I was so shocked to see the new character and the new look of Gold. I was indeed happy. I'd like to say thank you Nintendo (and the person who provided these pics) for making me a very happy, optimistic person. I can't wait to see the sprites for these characters. I must say I'm admiring Silver's overworld. XD
    You are welcome. I saw these and I was all whoa. And then I saw the new girl and bricks were shat. Also how long did you ask Nintendo this? Cause if you asked recently there could be a possibility they could do something at E3. I mean the games are set trademarked and ready for the states. Just when they will release it is unkown and when they will translate as well. And I could very well see something at E3. We have spirit tracks for the Zelda fans so that is done Mario could have a new game coming as well and Pikmin too. They said a slew of games for the hardcore will come along so I do not see why not please us as well. But yeah anything is possible.

Eckruteak City was very fascinating. I must say, they really improved on it.
    Yes they did. It seems a bit more compact and those trees are lovely.

Years
    Well... I know for sure I sent the letter when Diamond and Pearl was already out. I think it might have been in January 2007?...or something. I can't remember the date. I know I got a quick response after I sent it. I told him about how there were hints in Diamond and Pearl such as Jasmine in Sunyshore City and the mentioning of Elm in Johto. I also told him that GSC were my favorite Pokemon games and it would be cool if there were remakes. I said Diamond and Pearl were in close second. I know for sure I asked before even knowing that Platinum existed. I'm sure glad I asked. ^_^ I saw a better picture of the Chikorita sprite, and I <3 it.

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/hgss/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh well yeah okay. But still I can see something at E3 dunno why. Anyway the touchscreen. Where the hell will the poke-gear go. And wow this will take sometime to get used to. Not looking at the top screen for the menu and all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am going to have to agree with you. It will take some time for me to get used to the start menu on the touch screen. The thing I don't like about it is that it is just too green.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I just thought of the samething, this game with a lot of things beings involved with the touchscreen and how Johto looks really different with the new graphics, it will take some getting used to. I mean, wow, when I thought of the remake, I didn't expect so much at so little right now.

Back