• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I just thought of the samething, this game with a lot of things beings involved with the touchscreen and how Johto looks really different with the new graphics, it will take some getting used to. I mean, wow, when I thought of the remake, I didn't expect so much at so little right now.
    I was just expecting some art and some shots but all this is just stunning breath taking stuff. Also I have a list of features that would be needed to cover.
    -The new girls sprite. OW and battle.
    -Battle Scenes. A whole lot.
    -Info on Silver.
    -The bad guys.
    -The story.
    -The region a bit.
    -How the hell the touchscreen will work.
    -What the Poke-gear is and how it functions.
    -Starter only or multiple Pokemon out of the ball.
    -Evolutions of starters or not for following.
    -Highlights of features. Like bug contests and such.
    -Gym leaders.
    -Kanto and why.
    -New sprites.
    -The Pokedex.
    -If any, new forms.
    -The bad guys.

Seeing as all this should be revealed as it is all key parts to the game I expect lots of info next month.

Years
    I am going to have to agree with you. It will take some time for me to get used to the start menu on the touch screen. The thing I don't like about it is that it is just too green.

I agree with you on that note. I would prefer blue instead.

I think I might like the menu on the bottom better, though, b/c then I won't get distracted like I did when the menu was on the top screen. I would be in a cave, but then the menu might make me forget which way I was going. The menu would take up almost half the screen. Idk, maybe that's just me.

After seeing the better quality pictures (from my previous post), I really like the new trees in Ecruteak. I really like the music they play in New Bark Town as well. It feels nostalgic for a melody that was slightly changed.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree with you on that note. I would prefer blue instead.

I think I might like the menu on the bottom better, though, b/c then I won't get distracted like I did when the menu was on the top screen. I would be in a cave, but then the menu might make me forget which way I was going. The menu would take up almost half the screen. Idk, maybe that's just me.

After seeing the better quality pictures (from my previous post), I really like the new trees in Ecruteak. I really like the music they play in New Bark Town. It feels nostalgic, yet in a more subdued way.

I don't really know what color should be used, but I guess I could get used to the green.

I must agree on the fact how Ecruteak trees and music in New Bark Town bring back a nostalgic feel. The trees do remind me of DPPT trees though.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    awesome i like the new character hat i didn't like the hat in d/p/pt that much so i love the poke gear i just hope all of this comes out soon

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was just expecting some art and some shots but all this is just stunning breath taking stuff. Also I have a list of features that would be needed to cover.
    -The new girls sprite. OW and battle.
    -Battle Scenes. A whole lot.
    -Info on Silver.
    -The bad guys.
    -The story.
    -The region a bit.
    -How the hell the touchscreen will work.
    -What the Poke-gear is and how it functions.
    -Starter only or multiple Pokemon out of the ball.
    -Evolutions of starters or not for following.
    -Highlights of features. Like bug contests and such.
    -Gym leaders.
    -Kanto and why.
    -New sprites.
    -The Pokedex.
    -If any, new forms.
    -The bad guys.

Seeing as all this should be revealed as it is all key parts to the game I expect lots of info next month.

That's a lot to give out in just one month, so I think only a portion of this might be used for the next issue.

By the way, if you go to serebii.net and look up the pics they have of the new HGSS game, you can clearly see that Notch-Eared Pichu will be there. Just thought I'd let those who didn't know that as yet. I mena you can visibly see the ear too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hopefully more will be revealed at E3.

Wait, what's E3?

Anyways, I saw the notched-ear Pichu clearly and I must say it looks pretty cool. I really don't see any problem on how the sprite of it looks.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Wait, what's E3?

Anyways, I saw the notched-ear Pichu clearly and I must say it looks pretty cool. I really don't see any problem on how the sprite of it looks.
    Electronic Entertainment Expo (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)
    It's like a gaming convention where they reveal new games and that jazz.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I know the spriting for the cool eared Pichu was incredible once I saw it clearly. I hope we can catch it, I really hope they allow it.

Years
    Wait, what's E3?

E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. It's held every year in June (It used to be in May until a few years ago). Some things that have been unveiled at E3:

- Revolution (Wii)
    - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (When it was still The Wind Waker 2)
    - Nintendo DS (I think)
    - PlayStation 3 (I think)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I know the spriting for the cool eared Pichu was incredible once I saw it clearly. I hope we can catch it, I really hope they allow it.

It would be pretty cool, but wouldn't it more likely be an event?

E3 stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. It's held every year in June (It used to be in May until a few years ago). Some things that have been unveiled at E3:

- Revolution (Wii)
    - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (When it was still The Wind Waker 2)
    - Nintendo DS (I think)
    - PlayStation 3 (I think)

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well with the E3 supposedly being held next month, then I'm sure they would say somethign about the HGSS. Hopefully some juicy new facts as well.

EDIT: Yes, it most likely will be held as an event (Pichu Image)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am pretty sure they'll give us some pretty cool facts about HGSS if they talk about it.

As for the event for Pichu I wouldn't mind it being a Toys R' Us event or a wifi event. Either one would be fine with me, but if they make it a wifi event most likely they'll make it a Toys R' Us event too, like the secret key.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They might do it like the Secret Key, or have it as a Toys 'R Us event before the 12th movie hits the US. Though, if it is to be like that, then I would only hope they make the event available in other countries too or else it wouldn't be fair.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    i'm sure we already covered this, but that one town was confirmed as ecruteak city

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i'm sure we already covered this, but that one town was confirmed as ecruteak city

Yeah we did, but thanks for posting it up for the people who don't know.

I was recently looking at the notched-ear Pichu in one of the Coro Coro scans and I have to say if I look very closely I can see it. I wonder what it is there for?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is more than likely to be there for us to catch or something along those lines. An event to be held is likely for it as well. Think of it as this, it can be like a WiFi event for the Riolu that knows Aura Sphere, except this time it is for a Pichu with a strange ear that makes it oh-so cute. Though, I wonder if they'll allow the players to catch the shiny Pichu as well?...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think you use the Shiny Pichu to get the Notch Ear Pichu.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That could work, but how would the shiny Pichu be able to get the Notch Ear Pichu?

It is one of those new Movie Events like the previous Shaymin/Regigigas and now Arceus/Pichu. The movie events unlock something special within the game.

Back