• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Cosplay Pikachu

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
Years
  • What did you guys think of the idea of Cosplay Pikachu overall?-Strictly for contests.
    Did you use her on your team during your play through?-Nope
    Did she become one of your contest stars?-Many times actually :P
    Do you have a favorite form?-The Rock Star Pikachu!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh man, I completely forgot she was a thing. I basically boxed her immediately when I got her. I should get her out and see if I can win some contest with scientist Pikachu, haha

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • What did you guys think of the idea of Cosplay Pikachu overall?- I thought the idea was pretty cool. Would have been nice to have a choice of Pokemon, not that Cosplay isn't cute :3
    Did you use her on your team during your play through?-Not so far, only because my party was full already and no girls are allowed on my team strangely :/ I don't know why. Weird quirk of mine I guess.
    Did she become one of your contest stars?-Not yet but I'm planning her to be ^_^
    Do you have a favorite form?- Rock Star Pikachu for sure! Those eyebrows {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually got Cosplay Pikachu just last week after trying out the Contest Spectaculars. Looking at her stats, I might just try and sweep all the Master Ranks with all the different forms. If it were based puraly on looks, my favorite form would be Libre (Tough). Not sure if she'll be any good in battles though.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I loved that inclusion! Mine stayed on my team for a bit (got her to level 44 before I threw someone else in, can't remember who). Named her "Par-amor<3" (with an actual heart, not less than 3) and kept her mostly in Rock Star or Lucha forms.
    I used only her for the contests and got all the ribbons.
    I only wish I was able to put her in Pokebank. A generation should not have game specific Pokemon.

Years
  • I only wish I was able to put her in Pokebank. A generation should not have game specific Pokemon.

Remember that this isn't the first time we've had a Pokemon that could only be used in one game and cannot be traded away to another. Spiky-Eared Pichu in HG/SS was pretty much the same deal, except she had a slightly different moveset to most Pichu, and she literally couldn't be transferred anywhere outside of HG/SS.

Years
  • Remember that this isn't the first time we've had a Pokemon that could only be used in one game and cannot be traded away to another. Spiky-Eared Pichu in HG/SS was pretty much the same deal, except she had a slightly different moveset to most Pichu, and she literally couldn't be transferred anywhere outside of HG/SS.

Yes, Cosplay can be banked? Remove costume first, I think. Got four different right now...
    I know between systems a trade for Cosplay can be done. There exist collectors...

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I've always enjoyed getting Cosplay Pikachu, both for contests and battling, prfer o use pikachu in battles though, contests just bore me to tears becuase their so easy to win with Cosplay Pikachu

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    At first I didn't really have much of a care for Cosplay Pikachu until after I defeated the Elite Four when I started participating in the contests. I like the idea of Cosplay Pikachu because of the costumes it can change to and the special move it can learn.

Years
  • It's funny, when I first saw the adverts for the game I groaned at the concept of Cosplay Pikachu but it's truly become one of my fave things ever! I love that it's a female Pikachu getting the attention too and that she's being used again in Pokken! You can probably guess that my favourite is Libre! Though my favourite special move is Draining Kiss.

I named my Pikachu Diva at first but then renamed her Heart and she's won all the Contests and is never off my team! She has a ton of ribbons too including the really expensive ones (cuz she's worth it lol). I love the names you guys have come up with, especially Cospika :)

I'd really like to have the whole set, if I ever get Omega Ruby that'll definitely be my goal! I love the special Secret Base that has multiple ones!

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I think the cosplay Pikachu was a really cute thing to have included in the game, and so I'm currently using it as part of my AS team c:. Not sure if I'll swap her out later, but I'll definitely keep her around for contests, especially when I start doing more of them! My favourite costume in battles is the Belle one, as a Pikachu with Icicle Crash is just too good to pass up, hitting all those pesky Grass and Dragon types! But as for the design itself, the Idol Pikachu is just too adorable >~<.
    Sadly my team is in need of a Surf user so I'm not certain whether or not I'll have to let her go :c.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Cosplay Pikachu is cute and I like that it can learn a special attack. I also like that it can change costumes. My favorite costume is the Belle one. I don't have it on my team right now but I will later add it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Didn't even know about cosplay Pikachu until after I had beaten the game and still didn't use him or catch him. I still don't even really know how to get him if you do catch him. I like the designs of most of them though, my favorite is the rockstar one! Those red eyebrows are somethin else! xp

Years
  • I finally got OR the other day and am halfway through my quest to get the full set! Luckily it doesn't take too long each time!

Didn't even know about cosplay Pikachu until after I had beaten the game and still didn't use him or catch him. I still don't even really know how to get him if you do catch him. I like the designs of most of them though, my favorite is the rockstar one! Those red eyebrows are somethin else! xp

All you need to do is get scouted by Lisia in Slateport City and enter one contest with any Pokemon, then when you exit the dressing room afterwards a breeder will approach you and just gift you one!

Pretty cheeky when you think about it! She doesn't even ask! Or know if you're a good trainer! Just well dressed!

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    What did you guys think of the idea of Cosplay Pikachu overall?- I liked the idea, it would be nice if they expand the concept to other Pokemon in the future.
    Did you use her on your team during your play through?- To begin with, yes. I then switched her out in favour of Manectric.
    Did she become one of your contest stars?- No, I'm planning to use Lopunny for the contests.
    Do you have a favorite form?- Belle!!! <3

Years
  • Didn't even know about cosplay Pikachu until after I had beaten the game and still didn't use him or catch him. I still don't even really know how to get him if you do catch him. I like the designs of most of them though, my favorite is the rockstar one! Those red eyebrows are somethin else! xp

As Spoony said, you need to be discovered by Lisia, which is pretty much required to proceed through the game. However, you don't need to be forced to enter a Contest right away, so that's a plus if you think you're not ready for them yet.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • What did you guys think of the idea of Cosplay Pikachu overall? I don't do contests, never did even on RSE, and I have no desire to ever do them so I have no opinion.
    Did you use her on your team during your play through? No, boxed forever more.
    Did she become one of your contest stars? See answer no. 1.
    Do you have a favourite form? The cool one is pretty, uh, cool, I guess.

I do have one question that I never got around to finding out the answer to myself; Can you evolve it/breed from it?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I do have one question that I never got around to finding out the answer to myself; Can you evolve it/breed from it?

Nope. You can't. It's one of those special Pokémon that you can't breed and can't even bring over to another game, similar to the Spiky Eared Pichu from HG/SS, like Hikamaru mentioned. Kinda weird that apparently wearing a costume makes it unable to evolve or breed, but meh, saves them the trouble of having to implement Cosplay Raichu I guess :P

Back