• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    No one said there is an age limit to Pokemon. You're missing the point completely.

Regardless of that I'll just say this: There is no benefit in doing a mid night launch for Pokemon, nor is there anything to lose in not doing it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Pokémon isn't really aimed at a specific age-group, it's who chooses to play it and currently in this generation I'd say it is mixed. There are just as many teenagers - young adults who play as there are children, the reason behind this is because people like me who have played since the franchise first debut all those years ago are still sticking by it because of all those memories. There are popular games that appeal to a specific target audience, the likes of Call Of Duty, Halo, FIFA etc and sure they're popular amongst the teenager age group right now, however Pokémon still remains the second most popular franchise globally.

I'd say that the majority of older players that play are those who have been playing the games since they were younger, and now that Pokémon is still going strong after seventeen years, it's only natural to still have a strong following from a similar audience. Any newcomers are going to be kids because Pokémon is generally stereotyped for kids, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. To me, Pokémon is just a good (if not better) than any other gaming franchise out there, and as I've said in a previous post there should be no age limit to Pokémon.
    Hence why it's rated E for Everyone :D! At least that's how I like to see it as.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Are you serious? Where's your evidence? You can't throw a claim like that without anything to back it up.

And are you saying most of these adults are still playing? And what about the abundance of kids that just got into Pokemon?

Nintendo certainly know their audience, and they certainly know kids cover the majority of them. Sure there are plenty of adults but they only represent a minority. But that's irrelevant right now.

Teenagers are the same. You don't expect them to buy games on mid night. In fact you don't expect anyone to buy any games on mid night unless they're one of those hardcore gamers, which mostly consists of gamers that play mature rated games. The amount of hardcore Pokemon gamers are very low, give or take. They only represent a vocal minority.

It's the same reason why Mario games, Zelda games, Sonic games, etc don't get mid night releases often either.

Well there's this, if you need evidence. Particular for Black and White's release the number of 19-24 year olds playing is obviously much greater than compared to say Diamond and Pearl or HeartGold and Soulsilver. The age demographic has definitely grown.

Though I'm mainly just making an observation here. From what I've noticed , a lot of people who are on here are 18-24 (some even older) along with many between 13-17. Same goes with a lot of other Pokemon forums I'm on. Pokemon's official Facebook page shows that a majority of people who like the page are 18-24 https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon/likes. Granted, though, you have to be 13 to join both PC and Facebook so you really can't say how much people under 13 who like Pokemon, but still. I've seen a lot of comment of people 18-24 who say somethings on the line of "I'm 20+ years old and still play Pokemon and I'm excited to X and Y." Again, just an observation, though, I'm not saying no kids play Pokemon, but a good amount of adults do play Pokemon because they grew up with it and it's something too hard to let go. I honestly think the audience for Pokemon is rather wide and it's something anyone any age can enjoy. The charts from the press confirence definitely shows that Pokemon is played by all ages from 6 to people in their 30s and 40s.

Do I do agree though more teens are more hardcore about mature games like CoD or GTA. And yeah I don't see much teenagers be willing to get to a midnight release of X and Y. But there really isn't much events for these games that start at midnight. A lot of them start between 8-11am or in the late afternoon/evening cause store know that's when most people will be able to attend.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Yeah it's so hard to not especially when they're being posted all over the internet. As someone who may not be able to get the games on release and won't get them till at least late November at earliest, it's much harder to avoid the spoilers. >.>

Years
    Agreed, although there's only six days left to wait, it is becoming increasingly difficult to avoid all these spoilers.
    I know...I had to disable my sigs and avatar viewing function as some have leaked Pokémon as their avatars and Signatures...someone else I hear also saw the same Pokémon I did do to a sig...still got some I haven't spoiled and hopefully they'll stay that way.

I feel for you AW...it's certainly difficult to go for 10 days...but a additional month on top of that...I don't think I could hold the urge of looking at all the images and even the story for that long...I'm the person who if you were to put a marshmallow in front of and say not to eat it for an hour and in return I'll get two...I'll eat the marshmallow and not get a second...

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    Spino, you got kinda hostile too, I think. But yeah, thanks to whoever put no spoilers here! I'm still not happy about a particular one I saw. xD

We are getting a midnight release, luckily. I'm gonna head up to it about an hour early. Fairly beneficial for tags, obviously. And almost done with Black 2 finally. Can't wait~

blue

gucci
    Years
    Lmao, disabling all the Avatars and Signatures to avoid spoilers looks so odd! It's worth it though, can't come so close to these games and have it all spoiled by people who got their copy early. This will be the first time since Ruby & Sapphire I've actually gone into the games without knowing the plot, Pokémon, Gym Leaders and more! Very exciting.

Years
    If I had to say, I'd say it's a split, but just not as many teenagers and adults are as open as we are with playing Pokémon in comparison to kids. When I went to GameStop to place my pre-order, the guy behind the counter didn't comment about my age at all.

Years
    Lmao, disabling all the Avatars and Signatures to avoid spoilers looks so odd! It's worth it though, can't come so close to these games and have it all spoiled by people who got their copy early. This will be the first time since Ruby & Sapphire I've actually gone into the games without knowing the plot, Pokémon, Gym Leaders and more! Very exciting.
    Same here, while I have spoiled some of the Pokémon and two gym leaders I haven't spoiled an inch of the plot beyond what we already knew/ what GF/Nintendo have said.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I had to spoil the final evoltuions for myself...It only made the choice harder! I really like Froakies and Chespins final evo! Though i didn't look at any story elements like gym leaders, that'd ruin the whole experience!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    As long as you stay in this thread, no spoilers will get you! Still haven't seen Chespin final Evo! Although I know it's typing :/
    Unfortunately, I know 5 of the 8 Gym types. But there is still a whole story line waiting for me. 15 minutes 'till October 7th!

Wasn't the replacer of Pokemon Smash (Get Star TV) having an X and Y segment today?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I COULDN'T RESIST BUYING THE BLUE 3DS-XL Pokemon Edition!

It's so big! I love how it looks. Gotta apply the screen protectors before any serious stylus action!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    As long as you stay in this thread, no spoilers will get you! Still haven't seen Chespin final Evo! Although I know it's typing :/
    Unfortunately, I know 5 of the 8 Gym types. But there is still a whole story line waiting for me. 15 minutes 'till October 7th!

I have seen but can't remember anything about them.

Seriously cannot wait for this to come out- I hope I get it on Friday.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I COULDN'T RESIST BUYING THE BLUE 3DS-XL Pokemon Edition!

It's so big! I love how it looks. Gotta apply the screen protectors before any serious stylus action!

JEALOUS ;-; Want that one so bad. Just can't afford it, got too many things to purchase already in the works.

blue

gucci
    Years
    k so silly question, but to those who've had the Guidebook before.. does it include a detailed look on all the new Pokémon? I'm really considering getting the X/Y Kalos Guidebook and I want to be able to read about all the new Pokémon in-game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    k so silly question, but to those who've had the Guidebook before.. does it include a detailed look on all the new Pokémon? I'm really considering getting the X/Y Kalos Guidebook and I want to be able to read about all the new Pokémon in-game.

It offers a Pokedex-like guide at the Pokemon. Locations, dex entries, things of that sort. The only thing is that they don't show you event Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet, for obvious reasons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back