• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I feel for you AW...it's certainly difficult to go for 10 days...but a additional month on top of that...I don't think I could hold the urge of looking at all the images and even the story for that long...I'm the person who if you were to put a marshmallow in front of and say not to eat it for an hour and in return I'll get two...I'll eat the marshmallow and not get a second...

Yeah I know. It sucks having no money or job. Unless I magically win a copy, I likely won't be able to get get one on release or even in October at all. :( I'm hoping to get a job by at least the end of November so I can get my copy of Y before Christmas.

I'd like to add there's usually two versions of the guide book one with a strategy guide and regional Pokedex and one with a guide and full Pokedex. I'd get the one with full dex (if there's one this time around) cause it usually has more info on the Pokemon than the other one.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    Hurrah! The time is almost here... I need to finish off paying off my X version. I'm seriously stuck between choosing froakie and chespin.

Years
    Hurrah! The time is almost here... I need to finish off paying off my X version. I'm seriously stuck between choosing froakie and chespin.
    Unlike you, I'm pretty much all #TeamFennekin as my decision :p

And I payed off my pre-order on Y on the day I did my pre-order.

Years
    I live in Columbia Maryland and the closest Gamestop to me is doing a midnight release, but the guy actually told me that they do the most volume of any Gamestop in the area, so I guess it isn't too surprising that they are willing to do a midnight release. I'm certainly going early for street passes and maybe even a few friend codes if I end up chatting with some of the people there like when I went for Skyrim's launch.

Years
    I live in Columbia Maryland and the closest Gamestop to me is doing a midnight release, but the guy actually told me that they do the most volume of any Gamestop in the area, so I guess it isn't too surprising that they are willing to do a midnight release. I'm certainly going early for street passes and maybe even a few friend codes if I end up chatting with some of the people there like when I went for Skyrim's launch.
    It might be a possibility that the GameStop you intended to pick your copy up from had enough pre-order sales.. but for me, I'll still wait for the 10am opening time on Saturday because I don't want to be out after midnight by myself, and I also don't want to be humiliated over the phone (or even in person) just for asking a simple question to the cashier in regards to a midnight release.

Years
    I literally restrict myself to only this thread and the older generation forums on PC because of spoilers. I do not want to know ANY.

Other than that I have unfollowed like 8 Pokemon blogs on Tumblr because they post soooo many spoilers and I go tired of scrolling really fast to avoid them.

So yeah, I hate spoilers too lol

Oh really? I'm from Maryland too (near Columbia) and I don't think the GameStop where I live is doing a midnight release. Even then, I honestly would rather get it Saturday morning since I want to get my long distance run out of the way before spending the rest of the day with my beloved game.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    Alot of the people who preordered it here are actually older fans, so I'm guessing that's why we are getting a midnight release. Got called the other day about it.

Years
    It might be a possibility that the GameStop you intended to pick your copy up from had enough pre-order sales.. but for me, I'll still wait for the 10am opening time on Saturday because I don't want to be out after midnight by myself, and I also don't want to be humiliated over the phone (or even in person) just for asking a simple question to the cashier in regards to a midnight release.

I honestly couldn't care less if some game store worker things less of me because I play Pokemon and am a serious enough fan to be willing to head out in the middle of the night for it's release. But in any case, as soon as I walked in to ask, I recognized the guy who was there as someone I've dealt with a few times before and thought was pleasant to work with. He was actually surprised I hadn't already pre-ordered.

Oh really? I'm from Maryland too (near Columbia) and I don't think the GameStop where I live is doing a midnight release. Even then, I honestly would rather get it Saturday morning since I want to get my long distance run out of the way before spending the rest of the day with my beloved game.

I was hoping to have Saturday off, but I wasn't going to put in a request for the day off. Alas one of my co workers has a much more legitimate family reason to be off so I have to work in the morning. I'll still go for the midnight release, mostly for the fun of meeting a bunch of other Pokemon fans, but I probably won't get to play it much till the following evening, unless I decide to pull an all nighter and load up on energy drinks the next day. lol

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    i'll definitely be going to the midnight release. I'm way too excited to wait. Also, I'm not sure I'll have enough time to go on Saturday because I'm going to a music festival. I have mixed feelings about it. In one hand, the festival will be awesome. In the other hand, I want to play X/Y so bad...

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    welp. only 6 days left till x and y is finally mine. luckily I have a slew of anime to keep me occupied lmao. and man the pokemon that were shown in the leaks are great. even better is fall break is the monday and tuesday after the weekend x and y is getting released. that means extra days to play x and y :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My mom had to cancel our trip to San Diego for this Saturday, because I pre-ordered my copy of Pokémon Y at Gamestop, and my mom doesn't want to wait until 10 A.M. for the store to open to get my copy, so we can go to San Diego that late. I may not be able to start playing right now, because I'm busy finishing Mario & Luigi RPG 4.

Years
    I honestly couldn't care less if some game store worker things less of me because I play Pokemon and am a serious enough fan to be willing to head out in the middle of the night for it's release.
    Oh I don't really care either if people criticize me for playing Pokémon either.. I mean, there are other video game franchises that are probably meant for younger audiences that people will play. But for me, I can't really wait, but I can wait for 10am since I at least gotta have some sleep xD

Years
    I wish they were doing a midnight release at the Gamestops near my school. It's going to kill me having to be at work all day and I can't get the game until later. The only good thing is that this weekend is the start of midterm break, so I have four days of uninterrupted playing ahead of me (although my friend is threatening to drag me away from the game). I hope I don't end up having a lot of homework to do, since it probably won't get done.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
    Worth the trip. And I choose X, but I'm getting Y later too. Hoping to get it fairly soon though. Anyone else wanting to do anything to pass the time until this weekend? I'm willing to get some pokeparties started o.e Break out hey you pikachu, gamesboys, pizza, awh yeah.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Like many other's I will be getting X because of Mega Charizard X and I prefer Xerneas to Yveltal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back