• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
    Can't wait to get my hands on Y :D I've been avoiding information about them since they were announced except for the starters, should be great seeing all the new Pokémon :D I'm going with Froakie :D

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    JUST GOT AN EMAIL SAYING X HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!!!

I don't know how fast your post service is, but perhaps your game will arrive coming Friday already?
    I hope sooooooooo much I get a text message Saturday around 11-12. I want to pick up my game at 1 pm, since that is when I'm back from my baseball match.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't know how fast your post service is, but perhaps your game will arrive coming Friday already?
    I hope sooooooooo much I get a text message Saturday around 11-12. I want to pick up my game at 1 pm, since that is when I'm back from my baseball match.

Hopefully it'll be here on Friday, seeing as that's my day off. :3c

I'd be pissed if it came Thursday (near impossible) whilst everybody was out.

Years
    I'd say Saturday, but it really depends on if a private carrier has dispatched it.. after all, the last thing Nintendo wants to see is more countries breaking street date I'm sure.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I was thinking that too, koff~

Then I realized that the time zones would make things difficult. Austrailia would be one of the first to actually get the game when comparing time zones around the world. I'm on the west coast, so we'll probably get at it later than most. Time zones suck, koffi~

Years
    I hope mine arrives on the day, if it doesn't then I will be down to the store to get X :L

I really want Mega Charizard X anyway

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Yeah I think I will be going with Chespin as my Kalos started since it is the only one I need to complete my team, as I will be using the event Torchic and Squirtle.

It has been really hard for me to avoid leaks these past few days. There is a dude who posted 30 minutes of beginning gameplay on youtube. You can find the link in the spoilers section if you want. It's so tempting to look at it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I just love Fennekin too much not to grab Chespin over it, tbh <3

But I totally forgot about the event Torchic coming out and the ability to use the Kanto starters haha

blue

gucci
    Years
    The only reason I'd be against using the Kanto & Hoenn starter Pokémon is because it takes up two places that could be taken by completely new Pokémon, otherwise I'd most likely take a Kanto Starter!

Sirfetch’d

Yeah being able to have so many starters is one of the things that I am really looking forward to. However, I don't think I will be using the Charmander or Torchic that I will receive on my playthrough as I want to use only new Pokemon on my first run. I will box them though and use them for later because their Mega Evolutions are just too awesome!

Years
    The only reason I'd be against using the Kanto & Hoenn starter Pokémon is because it takes up two places that could be taken by completely new Pokémon, otherwise I'd most likely take a Kanto Starter!
    That's what I'm going to agree with as well.. because I've already set myself with the challenge to keep a party with all Kalos-based Pokémon for as long as I can go in the game :P

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    Yeah I think I will be going with Chespin as my Kalos started since it is the only one I need to complete my team, as I will be using the event Torchic and Squirtle.

i've got the exact same plans as you. First i was gonna use the event thorchic and froakie. But then they announced the kanto starters mega's. I want mega blastoise so bad (#ARMCANNONS), but then i would have 2 water types, so i dumped froakie for chespin

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Four days, people!

Four!

4!

4 days! 4 of em.

That's less than 5! It feels so wierd lol come to think of it I remember sitting here thinking the same thing about BW, and then their sequels, but it's a feeling you don't get used to.

Years
    This is actually the first generation in which I pre-ordered a Pokémon all on my own without any help.. My brother pre-ordered HG/SS for me so that I could have the cool figurines and he managed to get a work discount from the store he worked at (not GameStop).. other than that, I have either gotten the games after release or on release day with no pre-order.

Sirfetch’d

This is actually the first generation in which I pre-ordered a Pokémon all on my own without any help.. My brother pre-ordered HG/SS for me so that I could have the cool figurines and he managed to get a work discount from the store he worked at (not GameStop).. other than that, I have either gotten the games after release or on release day with no pre-order.

I am kind of regretting not pre-ordering not. I am still going to have the games on release day because I am downloading from the e-shop, but thinking about it I would much rather have an actual copy. Oh well, I guess I can always get the actual copy of Y if I enjoy my downloaded version of X if I enjoy it as much as I am anticipating.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Just saw the Elite Four level barrier in the Spoiler thread and boy do these games sound difficult! That's judging by the level curve upto the Elite Four ofc. I'm so excited! :D

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I am the only that haven't pre-ordered the game? I just hope to have one on saturday ahah

Nope I certainly haven't either. I show up early to snatch it up, but that wouldn't matter anyway as the stores in my city don't exactly sell em fast. Not slow I suppose but certainly not to the point where anyone should worry about not getting a copy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back