• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Craziest True Thing You've Ever Heard

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • So many things...
    For one, the Raccoon thing. And the man who cut of his penis and threw it at the police while he was running away from them.

In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb".

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • This is just weird. A guy who was sleeping in the night kept a revolver next to his phone just for safety. In the middle of the night, his phone rang, and he grabbed it and pushed the answer button when he put it to his ear. But he was sleepy, and it turned out to be his gun, and he accidentally shot himsellf. I went on the itnernet, and foudn out it was true!!! O_O

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Ah, the craziest thing that I heard? Well, besides the lame school rumors that are always passed around...

It would have to be that my new school considers it an unexcused absence if you don't come in with a note from the doctor. Not crazy as in untrue, but crazy as in true but stupid.

From what my mom tells me, doctors can't exactly treat you if you have a viral disease (like the flu or a cold). I mean, those aren't as important as bigger illnesses. Plus, some people (like my parents) like to treat their kids homeopathically without the need of a doctor. And we don't even have a doctor for me yet since we moved about two months ago.

So yeah. The crazy true fact about my new school, which I absolutely hate.

Edit: It's like they can't trust us. It's a Waldorf school, but this makes it very un-Waldorf-y, in my eyes. But it's my opinion, so...

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • Apparently, parrots can't actually talk. They just pick up things and repeat them, but hacve an intellegent enough brain to understand what people are saying. Sometimes.

I dunno if it's true, but...

Years
  • Woah, these are weird things. xD
    I found some strange laws...

In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760.

Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.

In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Hmm... interesting.

Perhaps this was a super-intelligent individual, though. A genius of sorts. It will need to be supported by more "ALEX" units.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Just Helping...

bubblewrap said:
    In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760.

Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.

In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.
    One of the crazy laws I heard is that it's illegal to sing off key in North Carolina. Boy, have I broken that law...

There are relatively few real "Weird Laws" on the books, but large amount of hoax or exaggerated "Weird Laws" are circulated on the internet and in the printed media.
    For example: it is claimed that in California, "bathhouses are against the law". In reality, California only bans bathhouses that encourage s3x, in order to prevent the spread of AIDS.

~MasterMind~ said:
    the standing world record for fitting straws in your mouth is OVER 9000!!!!!

That's misinformation. The world record as of 2009 is exactly 266 straws.

Apparently, parrots can't actually talk. They just pick up things and repeat them, but hacve an intellegent enough brain to understand what people are saying. Sometimes.

I dunno if it's true, but...

Not quite; but close. Parrots "talk" as a form of communication. In the wild, a young parent will learn to vocalize by mimicking the sounds its parents and the other birds in its social group make. When you bring a young parrot into your home where it is surrounded by human communication, it will view the humans in the home as its social circle and will naturally try to communicate with those humans by mimicking the sounds it hears.

Last edited:

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • 300 Dolphins beaching themselves on the shores of Bataan, Philippines. The most unbelievable and craziest thing I've ever heard [in the news].

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • If a turtle turns over onto its back in nature, that's the end. At least that's what my dad said ;;

Years
  • One rumor that I didn't believe was that my school had a series of tunnels going throughout it (well, the original part of the school). Then one of my friends showed them to me.

Back