• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Pokémon Thread!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
So I was inspired by a recent thread in CQ&F about the fact we don't really have a place for people to bounce around ideas for Fakemon. I mean, if you have art for it you could post it in those forums but we don't have a thread to bounce around ideas for abilities, stats, cool ideas for a certain typing (Grass/Fire Beetle, etc.) on the forums. So that's what this thread is for.

A few rules though:
1. THIS IS NOT WHERE YOU REQUEST PEOPLE TO MAKE SPRITES FOR YOUR POKEMON.
Sure, if you get inspired by a person's idea, go ahead and do art for it. You can post it and get their opinion on your interpretation of their Pokémon. But no requests.
2. Try not to make super broken Pokémon. I mean if you have an awesome explanation why they could make Arceus cry, go ahead. But try to keep it within limits of what's found in the games.

Otherwise, just have fun. Hope you don't mind mods. Just trying to inject a different kind of thread into PG. :)

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
...Oooh, a Fakemon thread, I'll keep my eye on this one~ ;D

Well, my favorite of my Fakemon would be Lovetini, a play off of Victini! c:
Has a heart shaped head, and that's mostly the difference, besides the colors. XD His head and paws are pink, plus his body is a light cream color~
His DEX classification would the Affinity Pokemon, being a sorta god of love, and as you may have guessed it, he works his way around with Attract~ ;D
His ability would be Lovestruck, making any Pokemon, regardless of Gender or being genderless, succumb to infatuation. Though Pokemon with Oblivious are still protected.
His stats and typing are the same as his brethren, 100/100/100/100/100/100 and Fire and Psychic. c:
And I suppose as this would normally be unfair, I would give him a rather lackluster movepool. XD Have moves of the typical fire/psychic typing~

Years
OMG!!! Thanks so much for making this thread Luke!!!! I was looking all over PC for a thread like this. You can't believe how happy I am! ^^ I create lots of Fakemon and abilities, moves, types etc. I'm overwhelmed with joy. XD

Ok, for types, I created Sound type. It's meant for Pokemon like Whismur, Chimecho and the like. I also created Fakemon based on instrument players such as violinist, pianist, tubarist, flutist and soon to come drummer. Sound is effective against Flying, Psychic, Dark and Ghost and is less effective on Rock, Ground and Steel. It is weak to Bug and Fighting.

Abilities, I haven't given much thought into but will update more in the future. I'm thinking of an ability for Sound and Psychic types.

Moves...hmm, well I gotten the idea from the BW move of Boiling Water so I thought, why not Freezing Water? It has a 30% chance of freeze. Then there's also Poisonous/Contaminated Water which does the same as Freezing and Boiling Water but just poison the foe.

More later on, I'll post some of the Fakemon I invented. :)

EDIT: @Luke: I just realised by you saying "So I was inspired by a recent thread in CQ&F about the fact we don't really have a place for people to bounce around ideas for Fakemon." You were referring to my thread. XD Thanks a lot! You sure went a lot to make this thread.

Last edited:
Years
I found this thred yesterday and didnt post in it. now ive been looking for it everywhere!
heres a pokemon, feel free to make it.
Name: Dolqua (i dunno)
Stage: Baby Starter
Pokedex info: The Dolphin Pokemon. Dolqua only comes out for kind, loving trainers.
Type: Water
Look: Dolqua is a small aqua coloured dolphin, it has a lighter blue underbelly. It evolves into Dolphina at level 17 and into Wailolphin (or something) at level 38
I will make the evoloutions later, and if you want to use this in a hack, probably not, PM me, ill help with the sprites. yea.

Years
Nice dolphin Pokemon there, I've mine too. Here it is along with others.
Deolfin-> Dollophinus-> Deltaphin. Deolfin evolves at level 24 and Dollophinus evolves at level 41.
Deolfin
Ability: Swift Swim
Dolphin Pokemon
It uses it's fins to dive and swim very fast. It is playful and agile and love to play with other Pokemon and humans.
Looks: A baby dolphin that is light blue in colour. It has a cheerful smile.

Dollophinus
Dive Pokemon
It can dive to up to 5 kilometers underwater and stay there for up to half an hour. It's inquisitive and interacts well with humans.
Looks: A slightly longer slimmer version of Deolfin. It's colour is a mix of aqua and sky blue.

Deltaphin
Intelligence Pokemon
It uses it's strong tail to deal powerful blows to enemies. It can swim up to 110kph. It's one of the most intelligent Pokemon.
Looks: A stronger version of Dollophinus. It has a dark yellow star just before it's blowhole. It's underside is pale blue whereas the rest of it's body is dark blue. Its tail is broad.

Flommium-> Cromarin. Flommium evoles at level 38.
Flommium
Type: Water/ Steel
Ability: Water Veil
Metallic Fish Pokemon
It's body is made of a special high quality of chromium metal that prevents it from rusting underwater. It's smooth and streamlined body shape and surface allows to flow through the water currents with ease.
Looks: I'll post a sketch of it soon.

Cromarin
Ability: Damp
Chrome Fish Pokemon
It is said to have originated from a place where technology was highly advanced. Scientists are studying it's brain patterns and chrome body.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been wondering why there hasn't been a dolphin pokémon yet. For sure it'll come in gen 6 xD

I like your pokémon names, Diamond 1304! Names are really important for a pokémon idea/concept/sprite to seem good, I think ^^ Also, the sound type is interesting. There could be a lot of pokémon done there.

Like an engine pokémon xD Rumbling and being part steel/part sound type. It would evolve to look kind of like Transformers do. Maybe it could even have different forms... nah, that would be too Transformer-ripoff.

Also, I have ideas of a herb pokémon. It would be grass type, and maybe some other type as well. It would be rather round and have the ability to spontaneously (but not too often) grow common berry's on the plant on its head (or for the evo, around its belly where there grows bushy things). That would be useful ^^ It would probably be grass/poison but that combo is a bit boring... and grass/bug isn't really a good combo. Hmm. Maybe the evo could be grass/fire so it could somehow boil or burn the berries and launch berry bombs of some kind xD /brainstorm

Years
I've been wondering why there hasn't been a dolphin pokémon yet. For sure it'll come in gen 6 xD

I like your pokémon names, Diamond 1304! Names are really important for a pokémon idea/concept/sprite to seem good, I think ^^ Also, the sound type is interesting. There could be a lot of pokémon done there.

Like an engine pokémon xD Rumbling and being part steel/part sound type. It would evolve to look kind of like Transformers do. Maybe it could even have different forms... nah, that would be too Transformer-ripoff.

Also, I have ideas of a herb pokémon. It would be grass type, and maybe some other type as well. It would be rather round and have the ability to spontaneously (but not too often) grow common berry's on the plant on its head (or for the evo, around its belly where there grows bushy things). That would be useful ^^ It would probably be grass/poison but that combo is a bit boring... and grass/bug isn't really a good combo. Hmm. Maybe the evo could be grass/fire so it could somehow boil or burn the berries and launch berry bombs of some kind xD /brainstorm
Thanks for the compliment! The engine pokemon sounds like a excellent idea! :) Good luck on your herb pokemon. My suggestion could be Grass and....hmm well...I guess that's one question huh? Maybe a pure Grass-type would do..

I'm thinking of making another type-Light. Light and Dark are opposites and are super-effective against each other. Also Light is super-effective to Ghost type. Light has no weakness other than Dark, and usually aids Psychic and Fire type.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks ^^ Yeah, maybe pure grass is ok.

Light has been discussed earlier somewhere. I think Psychic/Electric are pretty much representing light, so a light type isn't really necessary. But you can always imagine and create :)

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Nice dolphin Pokemon there, I've mine too. Here it is along with others.
Deolfin-> Dollophin-> Deltaphin. Deolfin evolves at level 24 and Dollophin evolves at level 41.
Deolfin
Dolphin Pokemon
It uses it's fins to dive and swim very fast. It is playful and agile and love to play with other Pokemon and humans.
Looks: A baby dolphin that is light blue in colour. It has a cheerful smile.

Dollophin
Dive Pokemon
It can dive to up to 5 kilometers underwater and stay there for up to half an hour. It's inquisitive and interacts well with humans.
Looks: A slightly longer slimmer version of Deolfin. It's colour is a mix of aqua and sky blue.

Deltaphin
Intelligence Pokemon
It uses it's strong tail to deal powerful blows to enemies. It can swim up to 110kph. It's one of the most intelligent Pokemon.
Looks: A stronger version of Dollophin. It has a yellow star just before it's blowhole. It's underside is pale blue whereas the rest of it's body is dark blue. Its tail is broad
Flommium-> Cromarin. Flommium evoles at level 28.
Flommium
Ability: Water Veil
Metallic Fish Pokemon
It's body is made of a special high quality of chromium metal that prevents it from rusting underwater. It's smooth and streamlined body shape and surface allows to flow through the water currents with ease.

Cromarin
Ability: Damp
Chrome Fish Pokemon
It is said to have originated from a place where technology was highly advanced. Scientists are studying it's brain patterns and chrome body.

Oooh, very cool Dolphin Pokes! <3333 I wonder why there hasn't ever been a Dolphin Pokemon anyways...

That would be awesome as well! :D I've always love Man-made Pokemon like that~ More Pokemon like Porygon are needed! <33

Years
heres a grass type!

1zqx6rm.jpg

Name: Naisuki (i dunno!)
Type: Grass/Fighting or just grass.
Ability: Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard
anyone like it? anyone?!
lol

Years

Oooh, very cool Dolphin Pokes! <3333 I wonder why there hasn't ever been a Dolphin Pokemon anyways...
I have no facts to back this up, but I think Game Freak might be shying away from some of the international controversy over dolphin hunting in Japan.

Years
Okay, so here's a list of Pokemon Ideas I'm working on. Do check this post often as I'll edit and update it.
1. Water Droplet.
2. Bubble (Something similar to Yuniran's family)
3. Cygnet and Swan. IMO, I'm not impressed by the ones in B&W.
4. A distant relation of Shieldon and Aron coming soon. I've completed some details of it. (DONE!)
5. A Pokemon of very advanced technology, abit like PorygonZ.
6. Flamingo.
7. Chick, hen and rooster. One that's NOT Fire-type.
8. Chilli plant. The first ever Grass/Fire pokemon invented by yours truly. XD
9. I have an idea for a Grass/Ghost Pokemon that's based on a MapleStory monster. :P
10. Bacteria.
11. A Pokemon that can control hail, rain and sleet. So it can have either Drizzle or Snow Warning as the ability.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I didn't realize we had so many creative people on PC. You guys all have some awesome ideas. I'd like to see some more. :)

Years
Thanks, Luke! :)
------------------------------------------
More updates on my ideas, people! I compiled sections for the various subjects all my ideas and creations were in.

Moves
All new Sound-type moves are here! :)
Soundwave [Special]- 30 Power/40 PP/100% Accuracy
Sonic Bomb [Special]- 40 Power/35 PP/100% Accuracy
Mega Sound [Special]- 55 Power/ 20 PP/100% Accuracy (May lower user's Sp. Def by 1 stage)
Multi Media [Special]- 80 Power/ 10 PP/ 90% Accuracy (30% chance of confusing foe)
Sound Burst [Special]- 70 Power/ 15 PP/ 95% Accuracy
Sonic Beam [Special]- 30 Power/ 35 PP/ 100% Accuracy
Ultrasonic [Special]- 50 Power/ 20 PP/ 95% Accuracy (30% chance of flinching)
Ultra Radar [Status]- - Power/ 40 PP/-% Accuracy (Negates foe's evasiveness)
Echo Call [Special]- 75 Power/ 15 PP/ 95% Accuracy (2-turn move)
Disco Ball [Status]- - Power/ 30 PP/ -% Accuracy (Raises Sp. Def. by 1 stage)
Music Band [Status]- -Power/ 30 PP/ -% Accuracy (Raises Sp. Atk by 1 stage)
Musical Sphere [Special]- 30 Power/ 40 PP/ 100% Accuracy
Heal Song [Status]- -Power/ 20 PP/ -% Accuracy (Recovers 1/3 of max HP)
Cacophony [Special]- 100 Power/ 10 PP/ 90% Accuracy
Death Song [Special]- -Power/ 5 PP/ 30% Accuracy (One-Hit KO)
Tune Up [Status]- -Power/ 20 PP/ -% Accuracy (Raises Speed and Sp. Atk by 1 stage)
Vocalize [Status]- -Power/ 20 PP/ -% Accuracy (Lowers foe's Attack by 1 stage)
Awake Noise [Special]- 60 Power/ 20 PP/ 95% Accuracy (2x damage if foe is asleep, prevents awake Pokemon from sleeping)
Rattle [Status]- -Power/ 20 PP/ -% Accuracy (Lowers foe's Attack by 2 stages)
Battle Cry [Status]- -Power/ 10 PP/ -% Accuracy ( Raises Team's Attack and Sp. Atk by 1 stage for 5 turns)

Pokemon
Sound type Pokemon released!

Violodi
Violinist Pokemon

Pliriano
Pianist Pokemon

Blubari
Tubarist Pokemon

Flettuna
Flutist Pokemon

That's all for now. Will add more details when I'm free. :)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Toxicine (The Waste Pokemon)
Poison/Normal
White Smoke/Stench/Clear Body
Base Stats: 90/67/102/87/110/67

A Pokemon based off of toxic medicine, or drugs. It looks like a medical beaker (triangle shaped) with purple fluids. It has smoke coming out of the beaker, the smoke represents a face.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Hmm, how about an eagle Pokemon!

Name: Aetius

Type: Normal/Flying

Colour: black body, though it's head and tail feathers are white. Yellow beak/feet.

Ability: Keen eye/Speed boost/Guts something along those lines.

Pokedex entry: Aetius has sharp eyes that can spot any prey, it uses it's lightweight body and broad wings to swoop down and catch them.

Guess that's all. I'll be back with more lol :P

Years
Still working on new Pokemon, abilities, moves and whatnots. I'm almost done with 'the distant cousin of Aron and Shieldon'. I might as well let out the info on it. I'll bother about all those Dex entries later.

Pokemon
Armorn --(Lv 35)--> Amourdon

Years
Toxicine (The Waste Pokemon)
Poison/Normal
White Smoke/Stench/Clear Body
Base Stats: 90/67/102/87/110/67

A Pokemon based off of toxic medicine, or drugs. It looks like a medical beaker (triangle shaped) with purple fluids. It has smoke coming out of the beaker, the smoke represents a face.
Reminds me of the MapleStory monster perfume in the shopping mall. XD

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Okay, so here's a list of Pokemon Ideas I'm working on. Do check this post often as I'll edit and update it.
1. Water Droplet.
2. Bubble (Something similar to Yuniran's family)
3. Cygnet and Swan. IMO, I'm not impressed by the ones in B&W.
4. A distant relation of Shieldon and Aron coming soon. I've completed some details of it. (DONE!)
5. A Pokemon of very advanced technology, abit like PorygonZ.
6. Flamingo.
7. Chick, hen and rooster. One that's NOT Fire-type.
8. Chilli plant. The first ever Grass/Fire pokemon invented by yours truly. XD
6. Community Fakedex, its a vampire :P
7. I got one, its grass, has a budding flower tail, and someother stuff haha
8. I had the same idea, lmao
4. so awesome :D

I would post some of my own idea, will when i can :D

Back