• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative moveset/ev spread thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I have field testing to back me up. Maybe my opponents all get like minimum damage or something but he definately has live hits. Perhaps the DD Dos does KO faster than I posted, that battle was a while ago. He still takes hits like a champ.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Max Attack Heracross will ALWAYS 2hko your Cradily.

Golduck @ Focus Sash
    252 Speed, 104 Attack, 152 Special Attack
    Hasty
    Cloud Nine
    - Counter
    - Hypnosis
    - Hydro Pump
    - Cross Chop

This is my lead Golduck. With Cloud Nine weather leads are ruined (Tyranitar,Abomasnow) and it also helps with keeping Golducks Focus Sash. Counter OHKOs Tyranitar while Cross Chop and Hydro Pump 2hko. You also have the option Protect over Cross Chop if you worried about Explosion but you have to predict right. Also with Protect you won't need Attack EVs and can go 252 Special Attack and 252 Speed. You have to watch out for Fake out and faster Hypnosis Pokemon.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Electivire @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Counter
    Thief/Earthquake
    Protect/Toxic
    Thunderpunch

Not a gimmick, it works quite well. With no SR or Spikes, it'll scare things like Gyarados away, meaning you can Thief and steal an opponents Item (Note: Only use Thief is your Sash has been ruined). Protect or Toxic is a choice of if you want to scout or just status your enemy. This'll beat so many things one on one it's not funny ^__^

Electivire @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Focus Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Substitute

SubPunch Vire is fuuuuun. Ice/Ground/Electric hit main threats in OU for super effective; Gyarados, Salamence, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Dragonite, Celebi, heck even Suicune. HP Ice could be used, but you'd need to tweak the EVs.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Ive seen similar sets to this and it works great, although sometimes they have Spikes as a form of "UU Suicide lead".

Oh yeah, this is a nice set too.

Raikou@Leftovers / Light Clay / Shed Shell
    128 HP / 56 Sp.A / 172 Sp.D / 152 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Discharge
    - Toxic
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen / Roar

Support Raikou. Discharge provides paralysis support whilst Toxic shuts down Swampert and common switch ins. Can PHaze in a pinch, however 8 turn light screen and reflect with Light Clay is awesome. Shed Shell allows it to escape dugtrio. Hidden power Ice can go in the last slot if you want better coverage (and to hit Garchomp and dragons etc)

Evs let you outrun Jolly Garchomp, however one may opt for a significantly bulkier spread with more hp and def and a + def or sp.def nature (which i may get around to doing=p).

Why exactly do you need to outrun Jolly Garchomp for? So he could, uhh, Earthquake Raikou into oblivion after using Toxic or "Reflect"? HP Ice would be fitting if you care that much about outrunning Garchomp, but even that doesn't OHKO it and you'll lose your Raikou.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    seeing as vance didn't post my brain child (the red headed step child that the UPS man dropped off at my door, and said it was mine and i felt morally obligated to hush up)

Failvire @ expert belt, leftovers
    lax
    Ev: 176 att, 252 def, 82 spe
    ~ ice punch
    ~ thunder punch
    ~ cross chop/fire punch/earthquake
    ~ cross chop/fire punch/earthquake
    Ok, he is kind of werid, it's built to survive a gliscor's earthquake, then ko it with ice punch, and it works, you can switch into a gliscor's EQ, then ko it with ice punch. It's fairly powerful thunderpunch deals with skarmory (2hko), cross chop gets blissey, earthquake gives you fairly steady damage it you don't lke fire punch, and fire punch lets you deal with steels like umm magenzone which might give you trouble. This set works good on paper, but it is walled by cresselia like its the f*** berlin wall. It's biggest problem is that it 2hko's and has no way of healing itself, it if had like recover and suckerpunch/nightslash/shadow claw it would be amazing... but its not...

Last edited:

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Weavile@Expert Belt
    Jolly nature
    38 EVs HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Night Slash
    ~Brick Break
    The standart Weavile for opening the battle, but with a nasty suprise: 1 more speed point to outurn and OHKO opossing Weaviles!

That won't work. The whole point of the 40 hp rather than a straight forward 252/252 set is to allow Weavile to switch into a non nasty plot boosted or choice scarf variant Azelf's flamethrower. If you give it the extra 1 speed and take away the hp, then Azelf can OHKO Weavile, in which case you might as well use a 252/252 set which is what I use and I must say it works great.

Well of course this set will only work if another Pokemon has Rain Dance BUt if you do have Rain Dance support then this could possibly work:

Ludicolo @ Choice Specs
    252 HP/252 sp. atk/4 sp. def
    Modest
    Swift Swim

-Hydro Pump
    -Energy Ball/Grass knot
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Electric]

Ok hear me out before you run in shouting how much of a novelty this is. With Rain Dance Support, Ludicolo would actually make a pretty good surprise special sweeper. a 90 special attack, while no superb isn't anything to laugh at either. Even with no speed investment, Ludicolo, backed by Rain will out run anything up to and including a Jolly Jolteon. Water and Grass have superb type coverage plus water gets a rain dance boost and Ice beam is there for type coverage, whether you want Energy Ball or Grass knot is up to you and the last slot is really a filler and Focus Blast is there for the type coverage and Hidden Power [Electric] is for Gyarados.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've never actually seen a Clefable in battle but I've seen some movesets for it, none of which contain cosmic power...

Clefable @ leftovers
    Bold/Calm
    Magic Guard
    252 HP, 152 Def, 104 Sp Def

~Cosmic power
    ~Softboiled
    ~Toxic
    ~ T-bolt/Ice beam/Flamethrower/Seismic toss

Switch on any number of moves...ghost, weak sp attack, status. Cosmic power as much as you can then softboil the damage off. Once you're satisfied, use toxic or anyone of those special attack stats or seismic toss to inflict damage.

Might be a little hard to set up, probably more useful in UU....thoughts?

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Heracross @ Leftovers
    Guts
    Impish, 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Stone Edge
    Close Combat / Brick Break
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Lucario / Heracross counter, moves are pretty much self-explanatory, with Guts its offense is boosted and with its excellent typing it pretty much resists almost everything Luke / Hera can throw at it.

Brick Break has dismal power, so I don't really feel it should be an option despite Close Combat lowering your defenses. CC also makes this Hera harder to wall (Guts + STAB + 120 power = ?)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    The most annoying set ever:

Gardevoir(F) @ Leftovers
    Calm/Timid Nature
    252 Spe/ 252 Spd/ 6 Spa or 252 Spe/ 6 spa/ 132 Def/ 120 Def

Confuse Ray
    Thunder Wave
    Attract
    Psychic/ Charge Beam/ Shadow Ball/ HP Fighting

The parafusiontracter is extremely annoying imo. Confuse Ray and T-Wave for the classic parafusion combo, while attract extremely annoys everyone, since no one cares about genders anymore. What's even better is that if its not Metagross or another non-gender coming in, chances are its male, giving Gardy anoher chance to ruin a team. The final slot can basically have any special attack in it, a few good suggestions are put up. The nature is up to you, Calm to take more hits, or timid for more speed, ensuring the T-Wave, C-Ray or attract makes contact.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    That won't work. The whole point of the 40 hp rather than a straight forward 252/252 set is to allow Weavile to switch into a non nasty plot boosted or choice scarf variant Azelf's flamethrower. If you give it the extra 1 speed and take away the hp, then Azelf can OHKO Weavile, in which case you might as well use a 252/252 set which is what I use and I must say it works great.

Well of course this set will only work if another Pokemon has Rain Dance BUt if you do have Rain Dance support then this could possibly work:

Ludicolo @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Swift Swim

-Hydro Pump
    -Energy Ball/Grass knot
    -Ice Beam

Ok hear me out before you run in shouting how much of a novelty this is. With Rain Dance Support, Ludicolo would actually make a pretty good surprise special sweeper. a 90 special attack, while no superb isn't anything to laugh at either. Even with no speed investment, Ludicolo, backed by Rain will out run anything up to and including a Jolly Jolteon. Water and Grass have superb type coverage plus water gets a rain dance boost and Ice beam is there for type coverage, whether you want Energy Ball or Grass knot is up to you and the last slot is really a filler and Focus Blast is there for the type coverage and Hidden Power [Electric] is for Gyarados.
    ? It needs speed investments to even think about outspeeding Jolteon. It can't even outspeed a neutral natured Jolteon (with max speed). Ludicolo is still pretty speedy, though.

Ársa

k.
    Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

~T_S

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years

Ludicolo @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Swift Swim

-Hydro Pump
    -Energy Ball/Grass knot
    -Ice Beam

The 40 HP EVs also give Weavile the ability to survive Flamethrowers from Azelf. 349 Special Attack Azelf does 80–94% to Weavile and he even has a slim chance of surviving if Azelf has Expert Belt (96–100%).
    One less HP point won't change much. I could still be OHKO by Expert Belt and will still survive a non-EB one.
    Oh, and this Weavile is supposed to open the battle.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Modest
    (EV's need work)
    Fake Tears
    Surf
    Substitute
    HP Electric/Wish

Basically meant to kill Blissey. Invest enough HP to reach the magic number of 404, and put the rest in SpA and Def. Fake Tears can count as a +2 raise in SpA, meaning that Vaporeon can beat Blissey very, very quickly. She can't break your sub, and does lol damage with anything else bar Tbolt (which is rare)

sims796

Years
    I'm sorry, Froslass, but giving it one little extra point in HP doesn't constitute a "creative moveset". Seriously, I do the exact same thing when I screw up on EV training, or imput the wrong code in shoddy. It's the exact same moveset, but here's the catch - a very slight change in the EVs!

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    That was one, okay, delete that post if you don't like it...
    ---

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Sorry again, not to counter post, but Wigglytuff is far too frail. Sure, you snatched a Calm Mind. So rather than Charge up, they'll just take Wiggly out. She is pretty retarded offensivley, and she ain't gonna scare anyone away.
    Just because you think the pokemon itself is bad doesn't make the moveset bad.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    i would like to try my hand at this

anti-leader salamence
    salamence @ focus sash
    adamant
    252 atk/252 spe/6 sp atk
    DD
    Dragon claw
    EQ
    Fire Blast

well, i see that its not much different than DDmence set from smogon, but i did tweak the evs to ensure max from dragon dance. other salamences are much more bulkier than this one for obvious reasons, but this one can do some damage against some leads. beware of priority moves and weather changes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    i would like to try my hand at this

anti-leader salamence
    salamence @ focus sash
    adamant
    252 atk/252 spe/6 sp atk
    DD
    Dragon claw
    EQ
    Fire Blast

well, i see that its not much different than DDmence set from smogon, but i did tweak the evs to ensure max from dragon dance. other salamences are much more bulkier than this one for obvious reasons, but this one can do some damage against some leads. beware of priority moves and weather changes.

Pretty close to the same case as before. Just a slight tweak to the EVs is all you did...

Here's the specs Vaporeon I've been using. Working well so far. I use it to kill bulky waters, dragons, and to surprise on other things.

Vaporeon @Choice Specs
    Bold: Water Absorb
    188 HP/252 Def/70 SpA
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Wish

sims796

Years
    Just because you think the pokemon itself is bad doesn't make the moveset bad.

But if the pokemon can't use the moveset well, it's bad. Wigglytuff doesn't benifit from any sort of stat boost other than defense. She is very frail as it is. That takes far too much prediction to use, with no real benifits. I do love Wigglytuff, i see potential, but stealing a CM - or should I say, maybe stealing a CM- won't help her, as she will get beaten next turn.

Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Blast, & Earthquake is a very good movepool. On Dragonite. Ttar can use it, but doesn't do it well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back