• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative moveset/ev spread thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Kingler @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack / 224 Speed / 32 HP
    - Crabhammer
    - Return
    - X-Scissor
    - Rock Slide

It surprised me once. I never would have expected a Scarfed fully offense Kingler. Scarf outruns a good amount of Pokemon, including Swellow. Choice Band makes a great revenge killer. Crabhammer gets a slight boost and a high critical hit rate, but at the cost of an accuracy drop. Unfortunately, Kingler can't access Waterfall... which is kind of retarded in my opinion. >_> Crabhammer and Return hits everything for neutral damage except Empoleon and Shedinja.

Kingler @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
    - Crabhammer
    - Substitute / Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Return / Flail

Weather is uncommon in UU, so Kingler pulls off this set rather well. Again, Water and Normal hits everything except Empoleon and Shedinja. The Salac Boost helps it outrun even Swellow.

Parasect @ Leftovers
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Defense
    - Light Screen
    - Counter
    - X-Scissor / Stun Spore / Aromatherapy
    - Spore

Watch Steelix switch in and try to Stone Edge you, but here comes counter. Steelix doesn't even OHKO Parasect with Adamant 252 Attack EVs when Parasect has Neutral 0 Defense, so Steelix poses no threat. After Counter, switch out and switch back in on a Water move and recover the damage. Parasect / Ninetales works fantastic.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Pretty close to the same case as before. Just a slight tweak to the EVs is all you did...

Here's the specs Vaporeon I've been using. Working well so far. I use it to kill bulky waters, dragons, and to surprise on other things.

Vaporeon @Choice Specs
    Bold: Water Absorb
    188 HP/252 Def/70 SpA
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Wish

This is just the Wishpasser Vaporeon with Specs ._.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    But if the pokemon can't use the moveset well, it's bad. Wigglytuff doesn't benifit from any sort of stat boost other than defense. She is very frail as it is. That takes far too much prediction to use, with no real benifits. I do love Wigglytuff, i see potential, but stealing a CM - or should I say, maybe stealing a CM- won't help her, as she will get beaten next turn.

Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Blast, & Earthquake is a very good movepool. On Dragonite. Ttar can use it, but doesn't do it well.

That will be my Wigglytuff anyway.
    Now...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ughhh, no attacks should be used on shuckle, gyro ball will still do 2, its base attack is just too poor. With Power Trick, possibly, but otherwise, just no.

Just use Rest/Sleep Talk/Knock off/Toxic or something ...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Lucario @ Petaya Berry
    Modest
    252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Def (30 HP IV)
    Substitute
    Agility
    Focus Blast/Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball

SubPetaya sweeping Lucario is useful for late-game. Apostle used SubLucario before, and it did some heavy damage. However, it lacked the ability to outrun everything in the metagame, which is why Agility is there. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball hit everything for neutral, so type coverage isn't necessary.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Shuckle should never carry an attacking move, its Atk stat is pathetic and wasting EVs on that is even more pathetic.

Absol with Shed Shell? sounds like a bad joke. It doesn't fear Dugtrio because it can Sucker Punch. That Perish Song idea could be cool, but pokemon aren't so afraid of Absol so they'll just attack him (and probably kill him, being so frail).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't really think this thread is doing so well. Creative doesn't always mean sucessful. I know that isn't the point, but seriously, just because it's creative, doesn't mean it'll work.

For instance, Fling on Lopunny? Vastly inferior to Trick. Sure, 130 base power dark attack. Now, you are out of a move AND an item, and coming from a base 76 attack, I doubt it's hurting much. & Perish Song on Absol? It's both slow & frail. Why not just wipe it out on the spot, then switch?

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Shuckle should never carry an attacking move, its Atk stat is pathetic and wasting EVs on that is even more pathetic.

Absol with Shed Shell? sounds like a bad joke. It doesn't fear Dugtrio because it can Sucker Punch. That Perish Song idea could be cool, but pokemon aren't so afraid of Absol so they'll just attack him (and probably kill him, being so frail).
    I changed the item, your'e right about that.
    I was just trying to make something original, after all, Gyro Ball will be "powerful".

I don't really think this thread is doing so well. Creative doesn't always mean sucessful. I know that isn't the point, but seriously, just because it's creative, doesn't mean it'll work.

For instance, Fling on Lopunny? Vastly inferior to Trick. Sure, 130 base power dark attack. Now, you are out of a move AND an item, and coming from a base 76 attack, I doubt it's hurting much. & Perish Song on Absol? It's both slow & frail. Why not just wipe it out on the spot, then switch?
    I have to agree with you, expecially about your first statement. But that's the topic, and it's a creative topic to say, so let's keep it on.

Last edited:

sims796

Years
    No, the topic is to make sets that is viably useful in the compettitive enviorment. A few were pretty good, I like Vance's Vire set. But there are too many sets that has no real afterthought. It is along the same lines as SpecsChomp-novelty for the sake of novelty. Sure, SpecsLudicolo sounds like it was really thought of, but many of these sets are the same things, with a slight change in the EVs. I mean, Fling? Does that have any real merit?

Sceptile@ATK Berry
    Nature:Timid
    Substitute
    Swords Dance/Dragon Claw
    Leaf Blade
    Thunderpunch
    EV:252 ATK, 252 HP

Standard Sub sweeper, good for late game. Boosted by Overgrow.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    No, the topic is to make sets that is viably useful in the compettitive enviorment. A few were pretty good, I like Vance's Vire set. But there are too many sets that has no real afterthought. It is along the same lines as SpecsChomp-novelty for the sake of novelty. Sure, SpecsLudicolo sounds like it was really thought of, but many of these sets are the same things, with a slight change in the EVs. I mean, Fling? Does that have any real merit?

Sceptile@ATK Berry
    Substitute
    Swords Dance/Dragon Claw
    Leaf Blade
    Thunderpunch

Timid? Jolly, I know that's a mistake.
    And please keep this topic on, it's simply great.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Sceptile@ATK Berry
    Substitute
    Swords Dance/Dragon Claw
    Leaf Blade
    Thunderpunch

That's Liechi Berry, sims. >;0

Anyway, yeah, Frolass is right: Timid reduces attack. :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Let me note that I fully agree with sims perspective on how this thread is doing. >_>

Alright folks, get it right. Try things that are unconventional, but will work. Slapping a choice item on something that's pathetic is no. Many of you are like "Oh, it's creative because it's not already listed elsewhere 8D" Why? Because it probably fails. If it's not viable, why bother? I'd like to see more description too, these one liners of "Oh hi, this that, okay bye" How about pursuading us as to why it's a creative and effective set. Otherwise, this is all pointless.

Also, try testing your set out. You can gain much more to see how it works on the battlefield than pure theory.

Froslass said:
    And please keep this topic on, it's simply great.

From what I see, this thread is going nowhere but down. :/ I hope you all can refocus. Now you all can drop this topic of creative or not. I'll just say if you keep going down this road you're on, it'll probably be locked.

Walrein

Banned
    Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    SD Reversal Blaziken is a standard set, i hope you do realize this. =/.

sims796

Years
    I don't mind the Jynx set, but not the Poliwrath set. Yeah, Ice Ball gets stronger, now your stuck with the same move for five turns., Now I can either charge up my sweepers, or just switch to Snorlax or something that resist Ice & can hit hard. Unless it misses, resets the power, & your still stuck using it due to CB.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    SD Reversal Blaziken is a standard set, i hope you do realize this. =/.
    Fine then, I deleted it...
    And Azelf, I'm getting the feeling you don't like me much, isn't it?
    ---

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't mind the Jynx set, but not the Poliwrath set. Yeah, Ice Ball gets stronger, now your stuck with the same move for five turns., Now I can either charge up my sweepers, or just switch to Snorlax or something that resist Ice & can hit hard. Unless it misses, resets the power, & your still stuck using it due to CB.
    ---
    In advance I destroyed a Thick Fat Snorlax with an Ice Ball-using Walrein. And it was a special move at that time.

Last edited:

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    In advance I destroyed a Thick Fat Snorlax with an Ice Ball-using Walrein. And it was a special move at that time.

Oh? So I guess you're awesome! Maybe, if your opponent was really dumb.

What the hell, Ice Ball is a shitty move that locks you. Once locked the opponent could bring out their Infernape and get free Nasty Plots.. and that's just an example so you could start realizing how dangerous it is in competitive battling to get yourself locked into a certain move.

That Umbreon set is also a joke. Are you seriously trying to make him a special sweeper? Anything faster with a Close Combat (which is basically every fighter out there barring Machamp) will switch on any move (Psychic will do poor damage despite being super effective) and KO Umbreon into oblivion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back