• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Creators missed a great opportunity in gen IV

Do u think the creators should of made more Ice Pokes

• Total voters
Years
  • I personaly think the pokemon creators missed a great opportunity in Gen IV think about they had a whole 3 to 4 routes and a town completly covered by Ice and what they added 3 or 4 brand new Ice pokemon. I personally think they could of take the oppertunity to make some more ice pokemon because when i think of the most suffering element i think of ice.

So what dose Every on think Vote on the poll and please leave comments

Years
  • i dont think so they made enough..they need to concentrate on making more steel types and faster ones cause the fastest steel type is wayy to slow and that would be Lucario.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Umm... In Gen 4, there weren't many Fire pokemon. They could have added more Fires in my opinion.

Ica was lacking, but there are water/Ice types too, so I think there are enough. Steel should be slow, Steel is heavy!

King!

better
    Years
  • There should be more Ice pokemon like Regice, he's actually made of ice, most of them are like snow or whatsoever, snover/abomasnow Jynx has nothing to do with ice mamoswine is not ice, just snowy again! I can barely think of any more bcoz theres like none ._.

There is Glalie, he is made of ice.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • There are plenty of choices for Ice-type pokémon. What we're lacking is fire types. And all Gen IV gave us was Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape and Magmortar.

Edit: And snow is ice. it's frozen water droplets.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
    Years
  • I think ur absolutely correct...
    in all the games ice pokes were verry dificult to find... and they were all in a single cave... with those routes there shoud be more ice pokes....

Years
  • There a re enough Ice types. Weavile, Glaceon, Froslass, Snover, Abomasnow, Mamoswine. That's 6 new Ice types. In D/P there's technically only 1 new fire type. That being Magmortar. Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape don't really count because that's just continuing on tradition that the three starters are Water/Grass/Fire. Steel types are also suffering. There are too many bug types. Yanmega was an awesome edition to the game (not to mention it has a cool sprite). They need more Fire types and Steel types. Cut back on the weak bug types and introduce a few non-Psychic legendaries.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • There a re enough Ice types. Weavile, Glaceon, Froslass, Snover, Abomasnow, Mamoswine. That's 6 new Ice types. In D/P there's technically only 1 new fire type. That being Magmortar. Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape don't really count because that's just continuing on tradition that the three starters are Water/Grass/Fire. Steel types are also suffering. There are too many bug types. Yanmega was an awesome edition to the game (not to mention it has a cool sprite). They need more Fire types and Steel types. Cut back on the weak bug types and introduce a few non-Psychic legendaries.

I was about to say "What about Rhyperior" then I remembered that he's ground/rock, not fire/rock ._.

And I love bugs. However, there are too many weak ones. We REALLY need a bug type that can learn Surf and Fly already. A Masquerain used Surf in the anime, so it should be learnable in the games ._.

ANd to the person a few posts above:

Glaceon and Froslass are essentially made of ice/snow.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Considering the past, I think we actually have sufficient ice types.

Most of the ice are very strong and have high stats, so even if they DID add more ice types, they would be Magikarp-ish.

Like "Jacky", or "Frostymon". And don't forget the little cute "Platypice"

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    I REALLY liked Abomasnow and snover XD I think they were my favs in IV... but yeah they missed out on a great opportunity :|

Years
  • So im not the only person to think it See what i think is that they could of at least added a few more like come on a place surronded by ice and not a single pure ice type that is new in the snowy are of shinnoh

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I have been doing some research in the matter of how many of each type here are and here it is how many pokemons there is/element:

Water- 92
    Normal- 80
    Fly-65
    grass-55
    psychic-53
    poison-50
    ground-48
    bug-47
    rock-37
    fire-33
    el-29
    steel-26
    fight-25
    dark-23
    ice-22
    dragon-19
    ghost-18

So they way I see it the most need for more pokes aredragon and ghost

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think ice is a rather strong type, it's good against dragons for example. And therefore, it's ok if there's not as many of that type.

Dragon is also a type where it's ok with fewer species, imo. Ghost isn't even touchable by some moves, so same there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree they could have taken an advantage and made more Ice types, but fire was most needed instead...

Years
  • I think there should have been more ice types. I also think there should have been more fire types. There was only like...a few wild ones and if you don't choose Chimchar (who is also half fighting) as your starter, you're basically screwed when it comes to fire types.

TeamRocketApollo

Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Ice

I think they should have made some pokemon that evolve on certain conditions, like eevee and glaceon. You know? Snorunt-Froslass, Mamoswine, they could've made some alternate evolutions to some and some new pokemon.

Back