• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creatures you barely remember exist

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Nah, Chimecho was in the anime, on a major character's team (James) as well.

Qwilfish and Lumineon on the other hand ...

Years
    • Seen today
    Nah, Chimecho was in the anime, on a major character's team (James) as well.

Qwilfish and Lumineon on the other hand ...

Carnivine sticks out to me the most from the anime.

For the most part I find the anime impossibly repetitive to watch. I've tried, but 50 episodes of team rocket in a row makes me quit.

Years
  • Binacle is ridiculously forgettable to me, and I don't remember it having a strong presence..anywhere really.

Also Bruxish is obscure enough to me that it doesn't even look like a Pokémon years later. It's very odd. :(

Years
  • Volbeat & Illumise
    Plusle & Minun
    Sunkern & Sunflora
    Mankey & Primeape
    Pachirisu
    Komala

Pretty much forgot about all of these until I saw them brought up somewhere in the last couple months xD

Years
  • off the top of my head, there's that piranha pokemon in gen 5 that could either be blue or red... wow, I can't believe I gotta google the name.

basculin. I have never seen another human talk of this pokemon online or offline, like ever. special mentions to gorebyss and its partner, the blue one. uhh... wow i gotta google it again. huntail

Years
  • off the top of my head, there's that piranha pokemon in gen 5 that could either be blue or red... wow, I can't believe I gotta google the name.

basculin. I have never seen another human talk of this pokemon online or offline, like ever. special mentions to gorebyss and its partner, the blue one. uhh... wow i gotta google it again. huntail

I admit it took me 5 seconds to remember the name lol. But I totally get what you mean, it was also quite forgettable. @_@

I wish Finneon and Lumineon were more memorable too - the concept of a butterfly fish is really cool. But they just never stuck much with me.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just checked the whole Pokédex and I think these are extremely easy to forget:

Qwilfish
    Seviper
    Chingling/Chimeco
    Carnivine
    Cresselia (yeah, legendary, but I barely remember it exists)
    Maractus
    The whole Kling line
    Elgyem/Beheeyem
    The Unova Tauros
    Heatmor
    Minior

Years
  • if i say that Stantler is the pokemon that comes to mind the most as far as most forgettable pokemon goes, then is it truly forgettable?

pkmin3033

I completely forgot Stonjourner existed until one popped up right in my face and scared the shit out of me, haha.

Also Carbink. I remember Diancie but I never remember Carbink.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I remember when I joked saying I wanted to do a forgetable mon run once and forgot about adding Dewgong to my team... that actually happened, actually, but I don't forget Dewgong exists anymore because of that.

I forget Carnivine quite a lot. It's the only one I can think about looking at the pokémon listed by other ppl.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    if i say that Stantler is the pokemon that comes to mind the most as far as most forgettable pokemon goes, then is it truly forgettable?

Well, many people probably remember Stantler when they think about "forgettable" so it's probably not forgettable at all :). Truly forgettable Pokémon would be those that are hard to remember they exist without looking at the Pokédex and seeing them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    - Clamperl, Huntail, and Gorebyss. Brings nothing to the table without evolving. Belongs to a common type.
    - Alomomola. Misspells its name as "Alolamola" constantly. Suffers from the same Water-type fatigue as above.
    - Stantler. Always thinks of Sawsbuck.
    - Mothim. Competes with Venomoth, Dustox, and Masquerain for memory.
    - Swadloon (and Sewaddle and Leavanny to a lesser extent). Likes its evolution line, though.

Well, many people probably remember Stantler when they think about "forgettable" so it's probably not forgettable at all :). Truly forgettable Pokémon would be those that are hard to remember they exist without looking at the Pokédex and seeing them.
    Remembers Cherrim/Cherubi, Bergmite/Avalugg, and Klink/Klang/Klinklang fairly well due to past threads like this. Inked Avalugg further into memory by specifically seeking them out for a Sword Ice monotype. Fared well with Ice Body, Leftovers, Recover, Iron Defense, and Body Press.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I remember every single Pokemon exists, but Basculin is definitely one I'd consider "forgotten". You know what I forget about it? That it's been in every single Pokemon game since it debuted in generation 5. Why, tbh? lmfao it can't possibly be popular enough to warrant it be in every single Pokedex (Not the original sun/moon though it's in us/um but same difference) since it came out.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've forgotten about Basculin and Chimecho until a conversation pops up about them. I tend to forget Heatmor/Durant, Minior, Stonjourner, Eiscue, etc.

Also waaat is Bruxish totally forgot. I was looking up a list of unveiled mons and I totally didn't know it existed...it's only available in Sun/Moon and its sequels.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I remember every single Pokemon exists, but Basculin is definitely one I'd consider "forgotten". You know what I forget about it? That it's been in every single Pokemon game since it debuted in generation 5. Why, tbh? lmfao it can't possibly be popular enough to warrant it be in every single Pokedex (Not the original sun/moon though it's in us/um but same difference) since it came out.

For real? Did they put that thing in every gen since its debut? Lol, it must suck really bad to find out that a Pokémon you might like for your team is not available in the game because its spot has probably been taken by Basculin :)

Years
  • Well, many people probably remember Stantler when they think about "forgettable" so it's probably not forgettable at all :). Truly forgettable Pokémon would be those that are hard to remember they exist without looking at the Pokédex and seeing them.

fair point! if you were to ask me to put effort into remembering a pokemon because it's so obscure (in other words, that i'd have to look it up), i'd have to say Volcanion. x.x

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • For real? Did they put that thing in every gen since its debut? Lol, it must suck really bad to find out that a Pokémon you might like for your team is not available in the game because its spot has probably been taken by Basculin :)

Yup, they did. Definitely taking up space in the Pokedex being in every single region that isn't a remake.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Dedenne

Just another generic Pikachu knockoff. I actually did forget it existed for a few years before playing through Gen 6 again.

Back