• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Familiar Faces
|Tavhir "Restless" and Cassandra "Peacekeeper" Eldren.|​

"You two, head for the top even if it means abandoning me," Emperor Dareon said to Cassandra and Tavhir. "I have the Shield to protect me, but getting to the source of this Nexus is our utmost priority."

Restless and Peacekeeper looked towards the Emperor, then towards each other. They exchanged a nod, signalling their readiness.

As the group approached the next floor, they heard voices... someone was waiting for them. Tavhir held a hand up, motioning for the others to stop. He crept closer, peeking around the corner. He saw two people, and even through the darkness, his recognized their unmistakable forms

"Romulus and Chantalai," Tavhir whispered. "They're waiting for us. What should we do?"

"Take the other flight of stairs," Thresh the Shield said.

Tavhir nodded, motioning for his sister to follow him. The two ran back towards the second stairwell, letting the Emperor and Thresh take the other way.

Tavhir and Cassandra rushed up the second set of stairs, the sense of urgency blocking out any fatigue they might have had. This set skipped past Romulus and Chantalai, allowing them to pass by undetected. Every new floor was similar to the last, and for a moment the two wondered if they would ever reach the top.

"Do you think they left any more surprises for us?" Tavhir asked Cassandra in a hushed tone.

"I don't know," Cassandra replied as they ascended yet another story higher. "That was Chantalai down there... I think they were waiting for us, and I don't think they would have ascended without him." They made it to the next floor. There was only one single doorway here, which led to another set of stairs. The Nexus was most likely just up those steps. They began to rush, until they noticed someone standing at the entrance of the stairs. Cassandra gasped. "No..." At the end of the hall, in front of the stairs, stood a Braixen.

Atris.

She glared at them, a mischievous smirk on her face, her arms crossed as she stood guard.

"It's about time someone showed up," Atris taunted. "I was beginning to wonder if we'd have any challenge at all."

The siblings stood still, aghast at the sight. Cassandra had nearly forgotten about Atris... was this her plan all along?

"I knew it," Cassandra accused. "All that nonsense about forgiveness earlier... it was all a lie. You didn't fool me for a second."

Atris just grinned. "No, of course not. You're way too smart for that, right?" Her arms fell to her sides, shrugging as she paced in front of the steps. "Still, it was worth a shot, right?"

"Step aside," Cassandra ordered sternly. "We're getting to the Nexus, and you're not going to stop us."

"Are you now?" Atris replied. "I think you might have forgotten that the odds here are entirely in my favor." She reached behind her back, whipping out a large stick, the end of which was set ablaze. Atris pointed the flame towards them both.

"You get to the top. I'll keep her busy," Tavhir said abruptly, assuming a battle stance.

"Tavhir, no, we have to take her together! She's stronger th-"

"If we both take her, we'll just end up wasting more time!" Tavhir replied coldly. "Someone needs to get up there and secure the Nexus, now."

"But brother-"

"But nothing," Tavhir interrupted. "Remember what you told me earlier, at the citadel? How we each have our own mission? Our mission right now is to secure that Nexus, and we can't waste time battling each and every enemy that we meet." Tavhir turned his head towards Cassandra, looking her in the eyes. Cassandra saw that same determination that she had grown so used to in the Pawniard's gaze. There was no talking him out of this.

She nodded solemnly. "Be careful. She'll try to mess with your head, make you angry, and make you lose focus. Don't let her get to you."

"I'll be fine, just go!" Tavhir replied, turning his attention once more towards Atris. She stood there, defiantly, her flaming wand still pointed at them both. Restless stepped forward, throwing both of his hands out in an Embargo. Dark, ethereal chains shot forward towards Atris, the Braixen effortlessly dodging to the side and avoid them as they crashed and dissipated. With the stairway clear, Cassandra took her chance, running forward and dashing up the steps. Atris could have stopped her, or at the very least thrown an attack to wound her, but she did nothing. She simply let the Lilligant pass, eyeing Tavhir intently, like a predator stalking her prey. Atris had accomplished her task in separating them, and now had Tavhir all alone. This would be an easy fight indeed.

*****​

Cassandra rushed up the steps. She was forced to do this alone, as much as she had wished to avoid such a situation. The stairwell grew darker and darker as she ascended, until finally, she saw a bright light, pouring out from a crack in a large doorway. She stopped momentarily... if the door was cracked... then someone else must have gotten here first! She ran forward, shoving the mighty doors open with all of her might.

Once inside the room, Cassandra was astonished at what she saw. The size of the room was huge, stretching out in a large circle several meters long. Panels, buttons, switches and levers adorned the walls, all blinking a rainbow of colors and shades. Towards the roof, several screens with empty displays lined the perimeter of the room. From the floor to the ceiling, wires extended from the consoles to a massive door-like construct in the center of the roof. It was a marvel of technology, such that she had never seen before. She turned her attention to the end of the room, and saw a figure bent over the console, muttering curses to himself as he worked at opening the great door on the ceiling.

"God damn convoluted hunk of junk!" The Toxicroak swore. "Why can't things ever be simple around here? Open already!" Suddenly, he heard the door behind him slamming into the wall as it swung open. He spun around, seeing Cassandra standing in the doorway, alone. Rax smirked. "You lost?" He jeered. "Where are all your goldy pals?"

Cassandra glared at him, her face stoic and expressionless. "By order of Emperor Dareon, step away from the console!" She ordered. Rax simply laughed at her words.

"I'll let you know when that name means somethin' to me, love," he mocked. Without warning, he stomped his foot down, throwing out a Dark Pulse towards the Lilligant. Cassandra brought her hands up to defend, cringing slightly and closing her eyes. She managed to stay standing, when suddenly she heard a switch flicked. She opened her eyes; the room went dark, the only light coming from the faint flickering of the console screens. Everything went quiet, save for the faint humming of the machines. Rax was nowhere to be seen.

She slowly wandered closer inside the massive room, keeping her guard up. Every so often, she heard what sounded like something running past, but when she turned towards the sound, there was nothing. She looked around cautiously, just waiting for the Toxicroak to reveal himself. Just then, the massive doors behind her slammed shut. There was no going back now.

"It's funny…" Rax laughed in the distance. "The more things change, the more they stay the same. You're still the same, weak child I met those years ago, held back by your own flawed convictions. So much wasted potential…"

"And you're still the same arrogant bigot!" Cassandra snapped back, calling out to the shadows. "Even if I am weak for having morals, I am still mightier than you."

"Kukuku… morals…" Rax scoffed, suddenly appearing from the darkness near the window, the morning sun lighting his frame. He carried a sly grin, the same one that had struck fear into the hearts of his followers. "Morality is simply an excuse for the unintelligent masses. Too weak to do what must be done. Though I wonder..." He turned his head, staring Cassandra dead in the eyes with an accusatory glare. "... where were those morals of yours when you killed those merchants?"

Cassandra exploded in fury, throwing hers arms out an unleashing a magical leaf attack without a second thought. A barrage of multi-colored, blade-like leaves careened in the air, gliding swiftly towards the Toxicroak at the end of the room. Rax smirked as the leaves spun towards him, remaining motionless as the projectiles passed right through him. His form shifted and bent, then finally, disappeared. Double Team.

Cassandra recoiled slightly in surprise. Her confusion was short lived, however, as Rax suddenly appeared behind her. The Toxicroak slashed at her, Cassandra only barely managing to dodge the brunt of the attack. She scrambled backwards, tripping and falling as Rax laughed, casually walking towards her. The Toxicroak was making a game of this, slowly meandering to where she lay. Cassandra reached out in a panic, a small root popping out of the ground, entangling Rax's ankle and tugging violently. Rax winced in surprise, quickly losing his footing and falling flat on his face. Cassandra rose to her feet, taking advantage of her prostrate foe and running back to create distance between them. Despite his pain, Rax just chuckled again to himself as he brought himself to stand.

"Kukuku… it's so easy to push your buttons," he mocked, reaching down and cutting the vine on his ankle. "Atris was right about you. This will be too easy."

Cassandra grimaced… she couldn't let this Toxicroak cloud her judgement with petty insults and taunting. She would need all of her focus to defeat him. She closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, then exhaled. Opening her eyes, her stare focused purely on Rax as she assumed a battle stance. "We'll see about that."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Earthquake

His master had taken him to one of the upper floors of the Sky Nexus. This floor wasn't as plain as the others in the skyscraper. The pink light of the neon through the glass floor the prevalent source of light. There were mirrors and glass walls all around them; it appeared to be some sort of laboratory. They did more waiting in there, as apparently someone was moving up the stairs. Someone important. From a window earlier, they had seen the Emperor coming. Romulus glanced at Chantalai, who had the toothy, confident grin of an old Zoroark plastered on his face.

Romulus cleared his throat. "Shouldn't you be looking for the Source Room?" the Haxorus asked in his deep, handsome voice. "The crystal is waiting at the top, ripe for the taking, my lord."

"The crystal can wait longer still," Lord Chantalai said dismissively with a hint of laughter in his voice. "It is another prize I am after. Do you reckon we are able to take them all at once, Romulus?" he asked softly.

In response, the Haxorus cracked his knuckles and tilted his head both ways, causing his spine to crack loudly. "You can stand back and I can take them all alone, if you so wish."

"Nah, you shall not," the old man said, "I have an appetite to sate. Dareon is mine to kill. No one will question my power if I best him in a duel. You take care that no one else stands in my way."

That counted as a Nasty Plot, Romulus supposed. He nodded gravely, without voicing his objections, "as you command, my lord."

The Emperor and his Shield showed up at the floor they were into. The Mega Ampharos looked as regal as ever, walking quickly yet with grace through the chamber without sparing a look for the mirrors and the glass walls that made corridors.

"You come at last," Lord Chantalai called out for them, skipping any introduction.

Dareon's black eyes widened with furor, his brows furrowing menacingly, a small vein pulsing next to a lock of cotton that fell down from the Thunder Crown. At that moment, the energy he projected was out of this world. It was as if his rage was infused in the atmosphere, it was almost something you could touch. Even Romulus was slightly unnerved, reminded of the mighty, true ruler of this land. He realized he could not bring himself to kill him if they met in combat. If Chantalai couldn't kill this man, Romulus would be at a dead end.

"You... imbecile..." Dareon said between his teeth, tightening his paw into a fist and raising his arm, the signal the Ampharos always gave when he was about to throw lightning. He had trouble speaking from the rage that visibly engulfed him. "Your uncle started the first rebellion," Dareon said, not loudly, but intimidatingly. "I should have put you to the sword next to him and the rest of your family after that."

"But you did not," Lord Chantalai countered, "and that is your mistake as a leader. Showing compassion."

"And I regret that mistake every day now. I will make sure I will not repeat it."

"No, I will make sure you won't repeat it," the Zoroark hissed with his grin widening. He threw his cane aside and advanced forward at the same time as Dareon, who was followed closely by his Shield, Thresh. Chantalai spread his arms, grinning, and unleashed a hissing wave of darkness that seemed to come from his entire body. Thresh slid in front of Dareon, using King's Shield to protect him from any harm; the attack dissolved into thin air when met with the Aegislash's shield.

Dareon had his arm raised the whole time, and when Thresh got out of the way, his claws spat out intense lightning that thundered within the room, breaking the glass walls of the corridor. Chantalai and Romulus had already moved out of the way; his old man was moving faster than his age would make you think he's capable of. On his four feet, he was even faster than Romulus.

Dareon pointed his lightning at Chantalai, who vanished from sight. Suddenly, every mirror in the room begun showing his image; the Zoroark with flaming green tongue that rose from his mouth like a snake, a nightmarish Arbok that writhed and squirmed, roaring his hostility towards Dareon. The lightning hit one of the mirrors, shattering it and bouncing off to another one. Chantalai let out a Night Daze from somewhere to the right, but Thresh shattered it with a sharp steel sound the Sacred Sword produced; he immediately moved out of the way to engage the approaching Romulus, letting Dareon throw another lightning towards the direction where the Zoroark had conjured the blast. It was made very obvious that Dareon and Thresh had learned to fight besides each other, both from a young age, in order to reach the level of coordination they displayed here.

Romulus clashed with the Aegislash in a powerful Assurance that gave him the type advantage; however, Thresh cut through it with a Sacred Sword, the claws and the blade producing sparks when they met. Romulus took one step back and roared, letting dragonfire take over his body in a sudden Draco Meteor. He became the meteor, charging overwhelmingly fast and strong at Thresh, but the King's Shield came just in time to block the devastating attack.

Dareon let the next Night Daze wash over him. Traces of darkness remained on his body afterwards, but if he was hurt, he did not show it. He would not do Chantalai the favor. Instead, he observed the mirrors and how they showed Chantalai's movement. When the next Night Daze came, the Ampharos bent his legs, threw back his head and unleashed a thick Dragon Pulse that swallowed the darkness entirely and fought back to its invisible caster. The Zoroark grunted in pain, falling into one knee, then he was swept away by the pulse, rolling and crushing into one of the mirrors. He was getting up, but Dareon would not let him; he advanced, preparing his lightning into a deadly strike that would fry Chantalai's brains.

Romulus noticed it with the corner of his eye, bent his legs, raised one, then slammed it on the ground with all his might, causing every glass in the room to shatter into a million pieces with an ear-deafening sound: the floor, the glass walls, the mirrors. all gave in to the shock-wave. His foot broke through the obsidian, causing a crack to spread. The Earthquake was almost powerful enough to break the entire obsidian floor. Instead, it shook the building, the shock-wave and tremor striking both the Aegislash and the Ampharos at the disadvantage Chantalai was counting on for this very battle. Dareon tripped and fell, the Thunder Crown slipping from his head and rolling to the side.

The rebel lord, who knew what was coming, had found shelter for the attack, and when his enemies were suffering the aftermath, he found the time he needed to get up on his feet, and as Dareon struggled to regain his balance, the Zoroark blasted him with a Night Daze that the slow Emperor could not possibly avoid. Romulus was cornering the weakened Thresh hard towards the wall with a flurry of Assurances, keeping him away from Dareon, who had no way to block the wave of darkness. It washed over him once again, making him stumble again, but he did raise his arm during it: lightning was about to strike Chantalai, but the Zoroark blinked from twenty feet away, reappearing behind him in a Sucker Punch technique; he struck Dareon on his back, between his shoulders, forcing the air out of his lungs and into his knees, next to the Thunder Crown.

[THEME]

Stunned as the Emperor was, the Zoroark leaped into the air, his claws sticking out towards the Emperor's neck...

"NO!" Thresh's steel voice echoed in the hall.

The sudden sound of torn flesh and broken bone permeated the room, and caused the Zoroark to come to an abrupt halt. The sound seemed to be originating from the Zoroark, or more particularly from behind him. The origin of the sound came from another Pokemon who stood behind him, a Krookodile with metal plates along his shoulders and a Gold Tribe emblem. He carried with him a rather large sack over his shoulder, which at the slightly movement caused a ruckus of clanking noise. His claws were etched in shadow, robust and powerful but also delicately precise. The Shadow Claw struck deeply through Chantalai's back, and out of his front. "Lords never did learn to watch their backs," Gerrick Errias stated.

The Zoroark's eyes widened and breathlessly, slowly, he looked down on the blood that dripped from the wound on his impaled chest. He shook, blood shooting up his throat, choking him. His mouth was covered in it as he slowly turned his head to look behind him at the Krookodile. "You... you win," he said hoarsely.

Gerrick pushed in further, his entire arm being forced through the Zoroark's torso. He leaned in close enough to whisper to Chantalai. "Anythin' for the crown."

Blood gushed out of Lord Chantalai and life slipped out of his widened, mismatched eyes. He fell limp onto Gerrick's hand. Dareon got on his feet slowly, picking up the Thunder Crown. He put it on Chantalai's head, then tilted his, examining him, as if. "It certainly does not suit him," he said coldly, taking it away.

The Ampharos looked at Gerrick, who allowed the lifeless corpse to fall off of his bloody hand. "My gratitude and your reward for saving my life, you have assured, Alonsus."

"Sure thing my highness...uh, your graciousness...my lord," Gerrick managed to stumble out of his mouth.

"Alonsus?!" someone rasped, befuddled. It was Romulus, who was staring at the Krookodile wildly, even resembling the Emperor when he was furious. "That what you call yourself now, Gerrick? Grabbed the chance to use our brother's name when he fell dead, didn't you?"

Silence fell into the room with the broken glasses.

Gerrick's gaze abruptly moved from the Emperor to the one called Romulus, and he opened his mouth wide in shock. Well, sh*t, He thought to himself, cursing his luck. Of all the Pokemon in all the world to possibly run into, it had to be him. Damn it! Have to keep the rouse. "Not sure what you're on about, heathen. I have no idea who this...Gurhick...is of which you speak of...about...which. My name is Alonsus, called Shadowrend by my brothers! And sisters! And...the Gold Tribe! Which is my brothers and sisters!" He replied in a fake splendor.

Romulus bared his fangs at him, his eyes wide in an expression of pure rage. If he could strangle Gerrick right then, he would do so. But the Emperor's judging gaze fell upon the Haxorus; he even laughed harshly. "As if I would trust anything that came out of a traitor's mouth. Thresh! Arrest this lying, treacherous deserter. Kill him if you must." The Aegislash moved toward him, but he didn't seem to care. He glared at Gerrick, pointing a claw at him, which he then drew across his throat in the traditional sign of, I'll cut your throat. "When next we meet, you die, brother."

Then, he jumped briefly into the air, putting all his might on his return upon the floor. The impact shook the whole Nexus. When the Haxorus crushed against the ground, a terrible earthquake, far more powerful than the last one, was unleashed, breaking the obsidian floor and the wall, sending every shard of glass and rubble of obsidian to crush at the floor below, as well as everyone standing on it. Romulus disappeared in the chaos that ensued.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Make way for the Gentle'mon

Featuring Zack, Pendro, Petrina, Wallace and Jenkins.

Jacob had already disappeared by the moment the doctor had arrived, saying he had to be somewhere.

"Welcome, welcome doc," Zack shouted happily, waving his arms. "Tend to me first."

The Slowking who had just arrived looked at him sternly from top to bottom. "You don't look much hurt, do you?"

"Oh, I am hurt inside," Zack assured him, "I just saw a death goddess wake up, how do you think I feel?"

The doctor rolled his eyes and bent next to Pendro, putting both hands on his head. The Metang was soon engulfed in the healing light of the doctor's abilities; the dents and cracks the Dark Pulse had caused on his steel body were fixed, absorbing the healing pulse. "There," the Slowking said, "all fixed up! But you will have to remain motionless for a while, I'm afraid." He then turned to Petrina and repeated the procedure. He reached for his pouch, taking out two Sitrus berries and handing one to each of them. "This should refresh you of the dizziness."

"Whu- whuhhh..." A groggy Pendro murmured from his place on the ground. "I- uh... I- I'm alive. I'm alive! I'm-" The Metang paused and frowned in horror. "Oh, Arceus, I'm alive. Oh dear. I- um, you guys didn't happen to have already killed Yvetal and the rebels and finished this entire war whilst I was out, did you? Maybe...? Please?"

"Yeah... whilst we were there we built an ice cream parlor too..." No matter how woozy she felt, Petrina was, as always, on hand with something dry to say. "H-hey doc? Think I could get a little more than a berry? The words 'massive head wound' are coming to mind a bit more often than I generally like."

"I... think I got something for that," the Slowking muttered, searching inside his pouch. "Though my Heal Pulse should have been enough... ah! Found it." He drew out a vial with a potion of sorts in it; taking a bit on his hand, he applied it to Petrina's head wound, which had nearly closed from his Healing Pulse. He gave her the vial. "Apply it later again."

"Ice cream would be quite nice right now..." Pendro murmured. "Is the parlour close by?"

Petrina sighed at the Metang. "Of course. If you believe me, find the nearest cliff you can and jump off, you'll find it at the bottom."

"Oh." Pendro frowned, offended. "Well, there's no need to be so mean. Wait, so you were lying about the war and Thrace, too? Oh- oh dear, I don't- I'm not sure- I don't want to- how are we- what- what on Exathor is happening over there?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. Although, I'll take that now we've got our wounds patched up it'll be time to go and get some new ones soon enough." Petrina didn't sound concerned at the idea - in face quite the opposite, seeming to be almost enticed by the idea. "Oh-" she nodded her head to the Slowking doc "-thanks for doing that."

"Well, guys, I'm outta here," Zack said, his whole body trembling. "I... have to help out here."

Just as the Electabuzz was leaving, a flock of Drifblims and Drifloons was flying towards the group from the top of the pit. Two particular Drifloons stood out in the center, because they carried the two cats. Two fabulous cats. A Glameow and a Purrloin, also known as Wallace and Jenkins, or Jenkins and Wallace, the Secret Intelligence Agency that was so blindingly stylish during the job, but out of it as well. "Gentlemen and gentlelady," the Glameow shouted while still in mid-air, grabbing onto the balloon with four legs. "I bid you hello. You don't mind us joining your company, do you?"

"No, good chap, they are all happy, can't you see?" The Purrloin landed softly on the ground next to the people. "Pendro, lad, I hope you are alright? Ah! Even if you aren't, you will be soon, for we bring tea with us."

The Drifloon were quick to arrange a table in the middle of the street of the ancient city. Teapots and cups were set for everyone. Some balloons were carrying entire bottles full of tea that they placed underneath the table, and some left cushions for the cats to sit on. "Plenty of fine tea to go around, chaps," the Glameow with the monocle said as he sipped from his cup that was ready within moments with a thirst for tea of a proper gentleman.

"Erm- wha... what's going on...?" Pendro exhaled.

The Purrloin looked at Pendro with a priceless expression. "Why, we are watching everyone's backs here!"

"Uh... watching? Shouldn't there be some kind of... thing, to be doing? Wi- with Yvetal?"

"You know, like killing it?" Petrina offered. "Just an idea."

The cats glanced at each other, blinking. The Glameow was the first to address the issue. "We apologize... but it does not appear we can do much at the moment. Does it?"

"Nope," the Purrloin agreed, shaking his head negatively. "Our... associates are susceptible to darkness. We can only help from the sidelines, and hope you great warriors pull it off!"

"Well, it was worth a try. Got any ideas on what we need to do to kill it?" Petrina, as always acting as the voice of calm and considered reason.

The Purrloin looked up at Thrace's dark blob in the sky for a few long moments. Then he turned back to Petrina with a straight face. "Secure the Dark Star. Use it against her."

"The Dark Star?" Pendro raised an eyebrow, though it appeared to be with some trouble. "Isn't that stored with the Sky Nexus here?"

"That is correct," the Glameow nodded. "I do think reaching the top floor of the Nexus will allow you to control it. Like a weapon, indeed, if the blueprints are to be believed."

"Wha-? Then we have to help secure it! Why are we just sitting aro- uh, um... I... don't seem to be able to move. That would be something of a problem. Um, uh- help! HELP! Is this normal?!"

"Probably isn't." Petrina said, with all the casualty of a lunch order. "Should probably get the doc to look at that or something."

"Thanks. I honestly didn't consider that for a second! Thank you OH SO MUCH."

"I'm always glad to be a hand. Anyway, you said it was at the top of the Sky Nexus?" Petrina was already onto her feet, ready to move out.

"Yes indeed, good lady," the Glameow agreed, "we have studied the blueprints thoroughly and we are a hundred percent sure."

"WHY CAN'T I MOVE?" Pendro shouted.

The Slowking doctor stepped in, "because, if you exert yourself, there will be consequences. The same attack that rendered you unconscious will most probably kill you next time."

"Oh, uh..." Pendro paused for worried laughter. "I suppose I probably better not try to move, then..."

"Well, I guess I'm not Vanguard for nothing - we've not got much time to waste, so I'm gettin' the hell up there and grabbing this Dark Star, killing Thrace and solving all our problems."

"Very good, best of luck in your endeavors, Vanguard!" The Purrloin said.

"Do return for a cup of tea," the Glameow said mellowly.

"Well, I'll do that if I don't... you know... die. But I shouldn't be doing that. And so what if I do? I won't be alive enough to care!" Petrina flashed an exceptionally out-of-place smile before she turned and picked up into a sprint - the top of the Nexus, the Dark Star. Sounded simple enough.

"So, uh..." Pendro glanced at the leaving Petrina before turning back to the two cats. "Well, um... tea, I guess?"

"Tea it is, lad."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Thrasher and Jacob: Two Steps Back​

Thrasher hissed as he made the next step, but almost toppled over. He had to twist about and land on his rump as he looked down at his leg, "Damn age." He muttered as he rubbed at his thigh, "The bone is still fragile, the muscle is starting to swell, and that girl made me twist it too much." He sighed, "Jacob, I think it's best I stay down here for now. The action is up there, but I'm no good if I simple fall over or can't dodge attacks." He glanced down at the four steps they had taken, "And given the limited distance I have covered, I imagine that if I force myself up the rest of these stairs I very well might have to get my leg amputated." He let out a soft chuckle, "Go up already. Get them rallied up and do all that stuff a second in command is supposed to do."

The Nexus was shaking with earthquakes coming from the upper floors. Jacob licked his lips worriedly, looking up the stairs. "Thrasher..." he said slowly, "get away from the stairs."

Thrasher closed his eyes, "I can't move up." He said as his ears twitched from the sounds. "I can try and jump up, you have to use your psychic to bring me to safety. I can say with a fact I will not jump as far as I can." He slowly began to rise, flinching as the pain in his leg sang out to his nerves, "On the count of the three. One.... two... three." He suddenly jumped out to get out of the way, but as expected his injured leg buckled under him. Jacob cast him gently on the floor, besides the stairs, still staring up the stairs.

"Stay hidden," he whispered, "we are not alone." Thrasher quickly hide behind a still intact statue as he took in a deep breath and used a Focus Energy, preparing for whatever was to come.

Vendra was giggling behind him, despite her position. Jacob slapped her with his psychic reach and she let out a cry. Hopefully that pest would stay quiet! But she didn't. Once she saw the Haxorus towering above Jacob in the top of the stairs, she started giggling and cheering and nodding. "Romulus, I guess you won't be coming quietly," Jacob said, pointing his energized finger at him, ready to strike.

"That was never my intent," the Haxorus shot back. He jumped in the air, skipping all the steps in a surprising leap, avoiding the psychic blast Jacob let out. The Meowstic barely managed to blast the floor to avoid the Earthquake, that was nowhere nearly as strong as an Earthquake unleashed at full power. Perhaps he didn't want to harm Vendra. But the impact did cause the floor to crack, some of the statues to break and fall over and the glass to break, leaving the pink neon-lights exposed. Jacob landed after the shock, shooting a Thunder Wave, but Romulus was engulfed in dragonfire and charged at him like a demon-meteor; the wave of electricity was swallowed by the element of dragonfire like it was nothing.

As the dragon charged Thrasher had managed to recover from the earlier quake. He heard the thundering footsteps and brushed off the bits of statue residue that got on his head. As the dragon ran Thrahser saw an opportunity. He was entirely focused on Jacob! Which meant...

"Oh crap," Jacob muttered, unable to find a way to counter this new attack - he never knew Romulus could use Draco Meteor.

Thrasher was still bulked up and had a focus energy on top of that, with that in mind Thrasher used his hands to push himself toward the Haxorus' path, sticking out his good leg and swinging it to slam into Romulus' calves. "See you next fall." He said to the Haxorus. Well, he had seen the flames but he had assumed there would easily go out once the attack was interrupted. Oh no, Thrasher instead pushed himself away once more with his hands and gripped his leg in pain. Da*n flames! He managed to stand on his good leg, but with this fire it would only be a matter of time before his legs would be of no use.

Romulus tripped on Thrasher's leg, but he managed to kneel instead of falling heavily. His dragonfire went out. This was the perfect opportunity for Jacob to paralyze him with a Thunder Wave, but something else caught his eye... behind him. A shadowy blob of darkness that floated in front of Vendra; he saw for a moment her devious, upside-down grin before the Shadow Ball hit him in the back, flinging him forward like a puppet, sending him to crash onto the wall before darkness exploded. Meanwhile, Romulus had gotten on his feet quickly and turned to Thrasher with his eyes burning wildly. He took steps, as if in a charge, ready to avenge the Primeape for the Low Kick, while Thrasher still struggled to get up. He was in range for a deadly attack, when he stopped abruptly and looked hard at the Primeape. Instead of slashing at him, he picked the Primeape up with both arms and threw him against the wall. As he flew back Thrasher managed to emit a loud Screech before his slam ended his cry and he slowly slid down as he huffed there.

The Haxorus's ears cringed, but he wasted no time. He turned around immediately, glancing at the place where Jacob had fallen, knocked out cold from the impact. Vendra had freed herself from the psychic restraints, which had weakened with Jacob's unconsciousness, and had thrown the pouch that blocked her mouth aside. "How do you like that, you pesky cat?" She snapped at Jacob. Another Shadow Ball begun forming in front of her arm, but Romulus grabbed it and twisted it, making her cry out in pain. The Shadow Ball dispersed.

"He can't hear you," he said hoarsely. "You're coming with me."

"B-bu-but waaait," Vendra screamed as he pulled her across the room, "I have to kill them! I HAVE TO KILL THEM BOTH!"

"No.. you won't." Thrasher grunted out as he stood up shakily. He gripped his side as he huffed, but he soon held up both hands, "I'm... a fighting type... you can break all my bones... slam me around... but my spirit will.... never fade." He gritted his teeth as he began to slowly make his way forward, mostly dragging a rather limp leg behind him, "I don't care... if I'm already hurt... because I still have a duty." He stopped there as some sweat dripped from his brow, "My name is Thrasher. And I will not... let you two leave." He huffed.

The room was filled with Vendra's cold laughter at the words of Thrasher. "How touching! However, you show no sense of calculating the odds!" Romulus grabbed her neck and stared deeply in her.

"Shut. Up." He said between his teeth, choking her. He looked over at Thrasher, pointing at him. "You, stay down. You do not want me to kill you."

Thrasher just stared at him, "No." He said. "I gave an oath... same as you. I still strive by that oath. I tired to understand, but it seems everyone only wants to leave mystery. Romulus, I once called you brother, we all did!" Thrasher stared on, but then he sighed, "I don't want to do this, but... I have nothing else to go on. I have no second view to tell me you are wrong, so I am standing by my own morals." His fists balled up as he held them up, "I cannot allow you two to destroy innocent lives." His eyes flashed as yet another Bulk Up flowed through his veins.

Romulus's mouth tightened in a stern, hardy expression that was hard to see through. His eyes were pale and decisive, fixed on Thrasher. His grip on Vendra's neck had loosened, and after a fit of coughing, the Meloetta pointed at Thrasher and laughed again. "You'd love to die, wouldn't you? Come, then! Romulus, kill him."

Romulus grabbed her head like an egg and roared in her face, "you do not command me, you little b!tch!"

Vendra lost her cool and stammered, "b-but, Chantalai--"

"Chantalai is dead," the Haxorus hissed, putting emphasis on the word. He loved to see Vendra's expression. She put both of her hands in her mouth, her eyes wide. Now she truly looked like an innocent, little girl. "Do you know what that means?" the dragon spat, "it means I do what I want now." He looked at Thrasher. His mouth trembled for a bit, before he said in a low tone, "there are worse ways to die than by my hand."

The massive Haxorus turned away from Thrasher, taking his leave of the Sky Nexus, with Vendra still in his tight grip.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The Exalted

"I did not think you were the sort to run away," the Pangoro called out. "The mighty Exalted One, who has overcome so many challenges, trembling in fear in front of me?" The next spear of darkness he threw destroyed the house Garland was hiding behind.

In the slope of the ancient City of Workers, the Pangoro had destroyed half a neighborhood. All the houses around the Pangoro were brought down, reduced to rubble and rocks by the dark blasts. That's what Garland wanted. Geysers of water erupted from the ground around the leader of the Gold Tribe, once he was left without a shelter. He bent his legs into a fighting stance, curling his claws to force water to rise into rings at first and then engulf him in a huge protective sphere of water. The entire neighborhood was leveled in a hungering wave around the Pangoro, ready to fall onto him; the wave kept rising, until it was thirty feet tall or more.

Kagemusha smirked, glancing around him. "I had always wished to fight you," he admitted, "you do not demonstrate your power very often..."

"I demonstrate it when it is most needed," Garland's voice was heard through the watery sphere, muffled yet strangely loud.

"It really is something to be reckoned with. But can it stand up to this?" The Pangoro spread his arms and bent his legs as well. He made a movement like he was catching something invisible mid-air and pulling it towards him. Black cracks appeared in the air around him, leaking darkness. Light seemed scarce, absorbed by the cracks. They widened within a second, became one, a ring around the Pangoro with the robes. Garland could not afford to let the waves rise any longer; they rushed toward the Pangoro in unison, crushing in the middle like angry waves at sea. Kagemusha became a shadow underneath the water as it flooded the city.

It looked like Garland had won, only for a moment: the darkness caused a whirlpool in the water, sucking it in, drinking it away. The waves started to disappear, and darkness erupted from within, engulfing the Pangoro, who Kagemusha let out a wild roar with the first breath of air he took, all wet from Garland's Surf. The Floatzel, still in his own watery sphere, propelled himself in an Aqua Jet that struck the Kagemusha directly in the stomach. Water fought with darkness, both splashing around. Kagemusha kept the battle stance of a martial fighter, sending out a Karate Chop that was followed by darkness. Garland barely managed to avoid it, but it cut through his sphere of water like paper, dismantling it. He spun around quickly, maintaining his balance, slashing the air - a geyser of water erupted from the ground beneath Kagemusha, catching him right in it; the Whirlpool writhed like a snake, immobilizing him and boxing his darkness.

"Gold Tribe!" the leader roared, dashing forward in another Aqua Jet, which became an Ice Fang mid-way as he jumped through the whirlpool. Garland bit into Kagemusha's shoulder, ripping the fabric of his robes. The ice was quick to spread, especially in the cold whirlpool that seemed to start to freeze entirely. But there was no response from the Pangoro. He didn't cry out in pain. He grit his teeth, letting his anger fuel the uppercut he unleashed, breaking free of the ice and smashing Garland's jaw, knocking him backwards. It was like time had stopped; the Pangoro raised his arm and said:

"Doom Shot," the stray darkness around him rushed to his hand, forming the spear. It struck Garland right through his torso, sending him crushing into a house.

The pain was unbearable, and he must've broken a few bones. The golden insignia on his chest was ruined by the darkness and blood. He grabbed on it, laying on his back, his vision blurry and his mind boggled with pain and dizziness. "D-damn," he cursed, his mouth bloody. He found himself looking at the sky upside down. The dark sphere of Thrace was flying around the Sky Nexus, trying to find of a better way to disable it. So much darkness to fight against.

Kagemusha was standing in the middle of the street, following Garland's look up at the sky. "You cannot hope to match beings of darkness when you are in her presence, Exalted One," the Pangoro said deeply. "That is why you will never best her. She is the ultimate dark-type." He slowly begun walking towards him.

Broken and defeated, Garland shut his eyes, listening to the Pangoro coming.

His friend's face, the Ampharos was brought on his mind. Emperor Dareon was laughing with his dark eyes for the first time in years.

"You take care that you don't die before the time we can feast in the gardens of the White Citadel as a family once more. And certainly do not die before I do. The rest of my time would be miserable." They shared the laugh together, patted each other's backs.

Cold tears fell from his eyes on his fur. He couldn't do any better.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
The top of the Nexus
|Cassandra "Peacekeeper" and Tavhir "Restless" Eldren.|​

Atris and Tavhir stared each other down in the great hall of the Sky Nexus. The light from the torches flickered across the room, creating a dull light on the two pokemon. Tavhir stood still, waiting for Atris to make the first move.

"I finally have my chance to meet you," Atris said with a smile. "I've heard so much about you."

Tavhir blinked once, slightly confused. What was she getting at? "You know nothing about me."

Atris giggled like a child. "Oh, on the contrary; I know a great deal about you, Tavhir." Restless blinked again in surprise. He remembered Cassandra's warning... Atris was most likely trying to get him to lower his guard with her mind games. "I feel a bit rude, actually. I know so much about you, but you know nothing about me."

Tavhir kept his guard up. He wanted to attack first, close the distance between them and attack her before she could continue. But he knew she was powerful... Cassandra had said as much, and the way the Braixen carried herself in the situation - her smug confidence and arrogant tone - tipped him off to that fact. She had a type advantage against him as well, which made approaching her dangerous from their distance. Tavhir ran through his options, quickly trying to formulate some type of plan. "Stop talking. I do not know you, but do not pretend to know me."

"Who said anything about pretending? Let me paint you a portrait... " Atris replied, casually walking towards a rhydon statue, leaning against it with one hand, her other hand hanging idly to her side. "Little Tavhir; born in Ascanfell to a family of traders, when tragedy struck!" She wove her tale with a whimsical tone, as if narrating a story. "At a young age, his caravan was travelling to Pyrgos, when it was suddenly beset by thieves, leaving poor, poor Tavhir alone and orphaned..."

Tavhir became distraught, lashing out in anger against his better judgement. He threw forward a Dark Pulse, aiming the negative energy directly at Atris. The Braixen simply rolled behind the statue, the construct destroyed from the attack, scattering a cloud of dust in it's wake. When the dust settled, the statue was destroyed, but Atris was gone. Tavhir twirled around frantically, trying to locate his opponent... but she was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, he heard her voice again.

"He was found in the wreckage by Vennson, a Hesperian general who had compassion on him, taking him into his own home. Feeling alone, abandoned, and afraid, Tavhir never really did fit in amongst his new family... always lashing out... always the problem child. I wonder if Vennson started to have second doubts?"

Tavhir shut his eyes, taking in a deep breath. How did she know all of this? He paused, trying to keep calm; he couldn't - no, he wouldn't - let Atris get to him. She was trying to get him to react and lose his focus. He couldn't let her win! "I... If you think you can break my resolve... you're sorely mistaken!" His voice cracked slightly; he was getting nervous.

"You know, I wonder what it must feel like. In a strange family, with parents and siblings that never truly understood you. Desperately crying for acceptance, and finding only rejection..." Atris suddenly stepped out from behind another statue, glaring at Tavhir with malice. "Like the bastard son of an illicit affair!"

"Shut up!" Tavhir screamed, blasting another Dark Pulse towards the Braixen. Once again, Atris dodged it effortlessly, disappearing in the veil of dust from the destroyed statue. Tavhir turned in every direction... he was losing his focus... he had to keep calm and stay concentrated! He knew these were lies... slander and half-truths. He couldn't lose focus!

"And now, here you are in the Gold Tribe, still longing for acceptance, for... purpose." Atris taunted in the distance. "Your step-parents must have been thrilled when you left; the problem child finally out of their hair. If only you hadn't been found at all, wouldn't life have been so much simpler?"

"Enough!" Tavhir shouted, trying in vain to fight back his growing anger. He trembled in fury, his breathing becoming more and more erratic. "Are you a coward?! Come out and fight me!"

Tavhir abruptly froze as he felt the sensation of hot breath on the back of his neck.

"If you insist..."

Before he could even react, Tavhir was shoved forward with a swift kick to the back, followed by a searing heat from a Flamethrower. He flew back, rolling across the floor as the flames danced around his form. He came to a halt, lying on his back in intense pain. He slowly dragged himself to his feet, grimacing. One flamethrower, and he was already nearing his limit... one more would surely do him in.

Atris raised her stick, poised to strike the Pawniard with another blast of fire. "Only one attack, and already you are weakened?" She laughed, eyeing Tavhir with a sinister glare. "And you call yourself Gold Tribe?"

Before either of them would have a chance to act, the ground began to shake. It soon spread to the walls... the ceiling... the entire Nexus was convulsing! Atris stumbled, leaning on a nearby statue for support, as Tavhir struggled to gain his footing amidst the violent quakes.

*****​

Rax threw blow after blow, strike after strike, with Peacekeeper unable to attack. She couldn't; any attack and Rax would break through her defenses. She dodged another Poison Jab, focusing her efforts on evading and waiting for an opening, something that Rax was intent on not allowing.

"I've got a mission, my dear!" Rax shouted, taking another swing at the Lilligant, who just barely managed to duck and avoid it. His stingers were glowing, lined with a virulent toxin, each strike only inches away from delivering their lethal injection. "And I can't have you in the way!"

Cassandra felt helpless. Rax kept up his vicious offense, and any attack on her part would leave her vulnerable. Where this Toxicroak trained, she didn't know, but his cocky attitude belied an extremely skilled warrior.

Finally, Rax drew back his arm, poised to deliver another Poison Jab. Just before he could swing, the ground began to quake beneath them. Both combatants lost their balance. Rax stumbled back, momentarily confused by the shaking. Cassandra nearly fell over, but through the confusion, saw an opportunity to attack. She brought her hands together, a bright light forming into a sphere at the connection. She shouted once, then threw her hands out, blasting Rax backwards with an Energy Ball.

Rax flew back, landing hard on the ground and rolling a distance away. Cassandra rushed forward, taking her opportunity for a counter. With the shaking beginning to die down, she extended her arms, readying her Petal Blizzard. In a split second, Rax leapt forward, his form vanishing, then materializing right in front of Cassandra, jabbing her in the chest with a Sucker Punch. She stumbled backwards, wind knocked out of her, until Rax swung again in another Poison Jab. This time, she was in no position to dodge. The swing slashed across her chest, Cassandra crying out in pain and falling to one knee. Rax laughed his signature cocky, heartless laugh, before blasting the Lilligant away with one final Venoshock. She flew back, slamming into the obsidian walls and falling to the ground.

Cassandra couldn't move, pain coursing through her body, feeling the poison eat away at her vitality. Rax smirked, raising one hand and causing a Rock Slide, nearly burying the Lilligant in a cascade of cracked obsidian and rubble.

"Any last words? Kukuku..." Rax approached, mocking her. He wouldn't even give her the benefit of speaking, as he raised his hand to deliver one final strike.

But just then, there was a great roar coming from outside the Nexus. Crimson light filled the room from the small windows; the very next moment, the wall behind Cassandra exploded, rubble flying towards every direction, the deadly beam flooding the room with its ominous light and terrible noise. It fell onto a computer screen, ravaging it entirely and putting it out of commission, then it stirred to the ceiling, shooting right through the door to the Source Room. Wires were cut, sparks of loose energy from the Nexus started appearing here and there; above Cassandra and Rax, the secrets of the Source Room were revealed by the broken ceiling. In the Source Room, there was no other ordinary floor of the Nexus.

The ceiling of the Source Room was the crystal that protruded from the Nexus's top. It was hollow, like a nest for the crystal it housed: the Dark Star, which was floating gently in mid-air. It seemed like it had eaten away the crystal, its very own nest. But it didn't look defenseless. Canons were pointed at the Pokemon below, forming a circle around the Dark Star; they were fused with its power, and they shot down lasers at Rax and Cassandra.

Rax stumbled back from the initial blast, only rising to his feet at the threat of the cannons. He dodged a laser, only to be struck by another. The lasers were too numerous for him to evade. Frantically, he threw out his hands in another Rock Slide, attacking the foundations on the cannons to dismantle them. The falling rocks, while doing little to the cannons themselves, rattled the crystal containing the Dark Star. For a brief moment, the cannons sparked and ceased firing. Rax raised an eyebrow in confusion, until the cannons sparked again and renewed their onslaught. The Toxicroak jumped to the side, throwing out another Rock Slide. He was going to destroy those things; nothing was going to keep him from his prize. The rocks once again rattled the crystal, and the cannons sputtered yet again, before regaining power. Rax smirked... the Dark Star was powering the cannons.

He ran to avoid the cannon fire, attacking with a Dark Pulse in between the blasts. The cannons were resilient, but not invincible. He focused his efforts on one cannon, blasting it with another Dark Pulse. The cannon sputtered and sparked, before going dead, catching fire and falling off the ceiling. He rushed over to the fallen turret. It was small enough for him to grab, and just maybe...

In one swift motion, he grabbed the destroyed construct. It was heavy, but not heavy enough to prevent him from flinging it at the crystal. Metal crashed against crystal, shaking the foundation of the Dark Star, causing another momentary lapse in turret fire. Seizing his opportunity, Rax hopped on the wall, then up towards the ceiling, grabbing the wires and swinging up inside the chamber itself. He latched onto another turret, jamming his spikes into the hull, destroying it. As the turrets powered up again, another Dark Pulse shot out aimed at the next cannon, and the next, and further down. With each turret destroyed, fewer lasers to dodge, and the easier his job was. He fell down to the ground again, using the destroyed cannons as projectiles against the ones remaining. Seconds later, and one final toss, the turrets were destroyed completely, leaving the Dark Star defenseless.

Rax wiped his brow, breathing heavily from the effort. He looked back towards Cassandra; the Lilligant was still lying, partially buried under debris from the beam that had destroyed the wall. She lay deathly still, barely breathing as the poison worked it's way through her system. She'd be dead in little time. Rax just grinned his toothy grin.

"So much for Gold Tribe," he taunted. "And now, I'll be denying the rebels their prize, if you don't mind. Kukuku..." He eyed the Dark Star, stomping his foot again and charging energy around him. Darkness enveloped his hands, he took in a deep breath, then flung one last Dark Pulse, fully charged, aimed at the crystal housing the Dark Star.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Thrasher, Punisher, and Jacob: A dose of bad news​

Thrasher could only stare as the two departed. It wasn't as if he could catch up to them with his leg after all. What he really needed to focus on was what was here, and that was Jacob. It was a slow, very painful, walk over to where the Meowstic had slumped over. He managed to clear out a small area and laid him down gently as he looked him over, having to sit with his injured leg out so it wouldn't bother him as much, "Hm... fainted. Doesn't look like anythings broken..." He mused to himself. "You're a lucky one." He said as he patted the Meowstic's head, "Any harder and I imagine that you wouldn't still be breathing."

"O-Okay... *gasp* I'm here!" Thrasher glanced up as he saw Punisher staggering in. Various cuts and bruises adorned his body as the Primeape frowned, "Are... are you alright Punisher?"

The Machamp reached into his pack and jammed another sitrus berry into his mouth as he slowly nodded his head. He came on over and sat down as he huffed a bit, "Hey.. you know what this is?" He asked Thrasher as he held out the piece of the red orb for him to view.

"A life orb!?" Thrasher gasped as he pulled it away and held it up to look it over a bit better, "Where'd you get such a rare find?"

"Polo. I killed him and took it from him." He huffed out.

"No wonder he was so powerful..." Thrasher mused. "In any case it's not really useful right now. It must have been shattered in the fight but it would usually give a mon who holds it a boost in power. The others have gone up top and I'm pretty sure someone will need to whack Thrace in the face!" He chuckled a bit, his laughter however slowly died down as Punisher hung his head, "I'll.... wait down here with you."

The Primeape tilted his head a bit. From what he had seen Punisher was always wanting to bash something in, but he also looked weary as well. "Well, since you're down here can you give me a berry? Jacob here fainted."

The Machamp tossed him a sitrus as Thrasher tore it open a bit and squeezed on it to dribble some of the juice into Jacob's mouth, "That should soon get him conscious." He said. "Well, we can always set up a guard position here. Chantalai was up there so I can imagine that some other soldiers could be up there too. We'll just protect their rears while down here."

The pink neon lights had just faded when the Meowstic opened his eyes, his head still heavy from the blow he had taken. His body was haggard, black in the places where the Shadow Ball had hit him. He felt his arms and legs, then readjusted his Gold Tribe bands on his wrists. "Darn it," he muttered, trying to get up but gasping and falling back down. "I won't be played a fool next time," he mumbled, then noticed Punisher and looked up to him with a straight face free of emotion, as if he hadn't just took a Shadow Ball to the back. "Carry me?"

Thrasher made sure to cushion Jacob's fall as Punisher shrugged and reached down to pick up the Meowstic, "Sure." He said, "Uh... so we're staying down here right?" He asked his brother, "Thrasher said we might protect the rear down here."

Thrasher sighed and rubbed at his thigh, "Until I can get this leg of mine healed up I won't be ascending anytime soon. If need be I can stay down here while you two head up. I think I can, at the very least, protect the stairway." He put a hand to his furry chest, "I am still gold tribe, on one leg sure, but still capable."

Jacob looked around the now dark room. The neon-lights had gone out. The silence isn't what he was used to hearing as of late; he noticed the Nexus had gone quiet. "The crystal must've been removed," he reflected. "Punisher, take me outside. I wanna see what Rice is doing."

Punisher nodded as he got up and Thrasher frowned, "Hopefully we got there first..." He set himself by the stairs, "Regardless, if some more enemies are incoming I'll be here waiting for them." He said with a nod.

Punisher made his way outside, flinching a bit as the bright light hit his eyes, "Quite a difference." He said as he looked about, "So..." He glanced up at the sky, "There she is. What now though?" He asked Jacob.

The dark blob had started expanding. No more attacks were coming from it. It was moving, Jacob noticed, ever so slowly; Thrace seemed to be circling the Nexus. He looked at the top of the skyscraper, curled up in the Machamp's hand so he can look upwards; the crystal was broken, cracked. "Holy snap," Jacob cursed, dejectedly. "Looks like she won."

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Tavhir "Restless" Eldren, Noah "The Flash", and Cassandra "Peacekeeper"
Glaring Defeat

The earthquake began to subside, both Atris and Tavhir scrambling to regain balance. Tavhir took his opportunity, seeing Atris as she struggled to her feet. He charged forward, holding his arms back as shadows began to envelope the blades on his hands. His whole form became dark, and suddenly, he leapt forward in a Night Slash, leaving a trail of shadows behind him.

Atris recoiled both in pain and shock, the slash cutting her deep on her shoulder. She fell back, trying to put distance between her and the Pawniard, but her attempts were in vain. Tavhir dashed towards her again in a frenzy. She had wanted to make him mad, but the earthquake rendered her unable to defend, and now her plan had backfired as she faced the raging Gold Tribesman. Tavhir stabbed at her with Fury Cutter, his blades glowing pure white as each consecutive attack built up more and more power. Atris brought her hands up to defend, but with each pass of the blade, each strike of the Fury Cutter, her defenses crumbled. Her arms were cut in multiple places, blood dripping to the floor.

Suddenly, the lights of the Nexus began to fade, and the room became darker, save for the light that sneaked through the small windows. Atris took notice; the job must have been completed. She was losing this battle, and there was no further reason to stay and fight; Rax had retrieved the Dark Star.

She had to flee, as much as she was loathe to admit it.

As Tavhir drew back for another Fury Cutter, Atris threw her arms to the side, enacting her Protect and blocking out Tavhir's attacks. Restless made contact with the barrier, his forward movement abruptly halted as he staggered backwards. When the barrier faded, Atris immediately turned tail to run, heading towards the stairs.

Tavhir immediately charged after her. That damn Braixen was not going to get away. The Pawniard's body began to fade, and he soon disappeared, only reappearing directly above Atris as he dropped down onto her body in a Pursuit. He slammed her down to the ground facing up, pinning her arms down with his knees and bringing his bladed hands to her neck. He stared at her with a burning fury. If it weren't for his Gold Tribe training, he would have killed her right then and there, and even still, he couldn't find any justification to let leave her alive. Atris stared back, her face unreadable.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't gut you right now!" Tavhir snapped, pushing his blades to her neck. Atris looked worried... and then she started laughing? She looked at Tavhir with amusement, before she spoke.

"Kill me?" She said almost playfully. "Little Tavhir, if you kill me, you'll never find out who was responsible for your parents' death."

Tavhir's eyes went wide in a mixture of shock and anger. Atris smirked, seizing her opportunity.

The Braixen suddenly craned her neck forward, blasting an Ember from her mouth and hitting Tavhir in the eyes. Restless fell backwards, his face burning as he stumbled to get back on his feet. When the embers finally died down, he opened his eyes slowly, struggling to keep them open. When he looked around, Atris was gone.

Tavhir closed his eyes. He would have clenched his fists if he had them. He just barely held back his anger, keeping in mind the situation at hand. Tavhir trembled in frustration - frustration at himself for falling to Atrs' mind games. He had fallen right into her scheme, given in to anger. If it weren't for that earthquake...

He remembered the earthquake, snapping back to the current situation. The Nexus was apparently shut down, which meant that something must have resolved in the chamber upstairs.

*****​

The crimson light spread in the patterns on her chest, originating from the center that connected her two wings and tail. The attack could be heard, a low, menacing rumble. Thrace roared the same unintelligible words she had spoken in the Summit's cave, and a massive, crimson colored beam was shot straight at Noah, rings of energy engulfing Thrace's chest as she roared with the power she channeled. The deadly beam shot through the obsidian walls, causing cracks at the durable material at first but the next second, the wall was gone. The force of the attack had created a shock-wave that sent all rubble flying out of the giant hole. After a few seconds, the beam dissolved into thin air, the body of Thrace ceasing to glow crimson. The Typhlosion was no more.

Or so she thought.

Noah clung to a jutting stone on the ravaged outer wall of the tower for dear life. Just minutes earlier, he would have ceased to exist in this world if he hadn't made the split second decision to leap from the tower, narrowly avoiding Thrace's destructive attack. The Yveltal must have been so concentrated in performing the move that she must not have noticed Noah evaded the blast altogether, thank Arceus. Still, the shock waves would have blown him away if he hadn't used Extrasensory to pull himself towards the wall. Looking up, he took a deep breath, preparing himself for the long climb ahead.

The climbing was tiring. The stones beyond the ruined area of the wall was quite smooth and became increasing difficult to scale. He re-entered the Nexus where Thrace had first blasted a hole in the wall. The room was vacant as expected. Noah then began to power up the floors. After scaling floor after floor, Noah heard a pained groan coming from the next room. Cautiously opening the door, he sees a familiar sight, in the form of Tahvir. Quickly rushing to his side, he notices the burns on his face. "Hey, Tahvir! What happened?! Did they get past you to the top?? Err.." Hastily scrambling through his pack he pulled out a Rawst Berry, handing it to the Pawniard. "Here, take this."

Tavhir looked up, squinting from the burns, seeing a familiar sight. He was initially surprised to see him still alive, especially when going up against something like Thrace. The time for explanation would come later, though. Tavhir quickly grabbed the berry, biting at the stem and tossing the unedible remains. The burns began to subside slightly, as he turned to address Noah.

"Thanks," he said quietly, wiping the juice from his mouth. "Cassandra went upstairs to the top... then the lights went off. Hurry, we need to get up there!"

Noah glanced at the floor above and nodded. "Right." He helped his friend to his feet. They both then ascended the final stairwell. The room was ravaged. The wall of the Nexus was blown apart here too. Rubble, rocks, and small fires were scattered across the room floor. Looking to the door on the far side of the room, the computer of the Nexus as well as the cannons were destroyed. Not even the Dark Star remained, which immediately frustrated Noah. However, the only thing that The Pawniard and Typhlosion didn't see was Cassandra.

"Cassandra! Where are you?!" Tahvir was the first to call out for the Lilligant. His voice grew louder and shakier with alarm when a reply wasn't returned.

Noah began to sprint around the room, surveying the fallen rocks and debris. Eventually he came to a pile with a sudden bulge and a leaf sticking out. Quickly observing the other side, he saw an unconscious Cassandra, rocks partially buried. Only most of her top half was free. "Tahvir, she's HERE!! Help me un-bury her!!" After calling for assistance, he begins to use Extrasensory the lift the rocks off of Cassandra.

Tavhir ran as fast as he could towards Noah, audibly gasping when he saw his sister. He wasted no time, immediately digging through the rocks, haphazardly tossing them aside.

Noah searched through his back once more, retrieving the last few of his sitrus berries and a lum berry. A couple were partially crushed but they were better than nothing. Sitting Cassandra up, he gently feeds the berries to her. It took a bit for her to catch on but eventually she found the strength the chew the food placed in her mouth. After a few tense moments of waiting, the Lilligant finally opened her yes. Noah gave a weak, sympathetic smile.

Tavhir sighed in relief... she wasn't dead, at least. He wanted to ask her a million questions; what happened? Who was here? Where was the dark star? He placed an arm around her shoulder, grabbing her in a hug. He grabbed her arm, placing it around his own shoulder to support her as he turned towards Noah. "Come on, we need to get out of here. Help me get her to her feet."

Noah nodded. Dropping to all fours as he is quite tall, he took Cassandra's other arm and supported her against his side alongside Tahvir. "Well...it looks like we lost this battle..", he declared solemnly. It took the trio a while to trudge down the Nexus, but they did eventually reach the bottom where their fellow Gold Tribe were also settled outside.​

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Skysaber

He thought this was a nightmare, only it was too real to be a nightmare. The clues were everywhere: his body ached him when he had fallen, his antennae rang with the ominous, solid aura and he could feel his palms sweating inside his gloves. It was worse than a nightmare! Zack fell on his knees. I'm all out of ideas... I am... useless... he began sobbing, wiping his nose and eyes with his arms every so often.

Get your sh!t together, Skysaber, a voice said in his mind. The Electabuzz was so startled, he flailed his arms wildly in the air, as if trying to shoo off a pesky bug. The voice continued. That monster's gonna screw with everything you love. If not for the Gold Tribe, do it for the Company, man.

What the heck? Who are you?

There was no response. Zack shrugged. It just might've been my conscience... He stiffened his body and
felt his Gold Tribe insignia, the golden coin, in his hand, shutting his eyes as he got up to his feet. He walked among the ancient neighborhood. I got this. I'm Skysaber, b!tch! I ain't afraid of anything, that simple! I'm fearless, like that dragon or whatever the hell it is, Zack forced himself to look up to the dark blob in the sky. Thrace was circling the Nexus, which had now broke, until she landed on the now dead crystal at the top of the skyscraper. The darkness was absorbed in her body, until only she remained. Zack noticed her wings, and fear was pushed out of his mind for curiosity. Flying type, he reflected, my attacks would do twice the damage. Not that I'd ever approach her... not without a plan. The Yveltal threw back her head and let out a roar that echoed in the grasslands. Zack grabbed his sensitive antennae to protect them from the sound and shivered. She was real enough, despite what he'd thought earlier. And there was no way to beat her. She had probably gotten the Dark Star by now.

There was some ruckus up ahead; torrential waves, explosions of darkness, cloud of dust. There was battle in the streets! "Oh Arceus! Garland!" Zack cussed. He begun sprinting.

The entire neighborhood was flooded, houses were destroyed here and there, bits of darkness still floating around at the ruins. Frank would've freaked out if he saw this monstrous butchery of ancient relics. Thank Arceus he was back in Yvangarde.

As he walked in the cloud of dust, splashing into the watery streets and stepping over rubble, a shadow became visible in the distance. Zack drew closer, trying to be as quiet as possible. The shadow turned out to be a Pangoro in white robes. Mr. Kagemusha?! Zack almost blurted out, feeling his insides burn. Kagemusha was the history teacher in the College of Union and Liberty during the time Zack was a student there. In the examinations for graduating, he gave Zack the worst possible grade so he didn't pass. That evil man was the reason he didn't join the Gold Tribe until many years later! Zack had worked so hard for his grades and it all crumbled because of Kagemusha!

Kagemusha was walking in a hurry towards Garland, who had fallen with his back against the ruined wall of a house, the ground around him a pool of blood. Zack worried that he might be dying and he felt a sudden pinch of agony. He's... not dead yet, he tried to convince himself. He walked on his toes, trying not to splash too much in the water, following close behind. He felt a strange kind of energy radiating from Kagemusha; something that was definitely not a part of his own power. It almost reminded him of Dareon's power. But he didn't back down. There was no going back now. Oddly enough, it wasn't hot fury he felt when he saw the form of the Pangoro. It was another kind of fury. A cold one, that was buried within him, a secret feeling that once it emerged, it gave him strength and courage.

Kagemusha's feet splashed in the water, the tip of his robes wet where they touched the ground. He spoke to Garland as he approached. "There's a reason you are still alive. I need to know... where is the Keeper? Tell me Garland!" He spat, "where is the Keeper?"

Zack chose this moment to strike. He touched his antennaes with the tip of his index fingers. Electricity built up in his hands, covering his black gloves, running through his body. Kagemusha heard it and turned around. Zack punched a puddle on the ground with all his might. Lightning flew instantly to every part of the neighborhood, with the Electabuzz being the source. The Pangoro was stunned, the intense lightning shocking through him. The smell of burnt flesh was let in the air, the buzzing sound of electricity booming in the neighborhood.

After ten seconds of electrocutting, Kagemusha found the ability to scream. Zack grimaced, wondering how it was possible to have lived for so long in a lightning strike of the intensity the watery street offered. The Pangoro was grabbing for his heart, or so it seemed to Zack... he drew something out of his robe. Zack groaned with the effort of keeping up the electricity flowing in the water and looking up at Kagemusha, and his eyes were full of sparks, but he knew what he saw: a crystal, darker than the night, held by the Pangoro. The Dark Star? Zack managed to think, his heart racing, but the Nexus shut down only recently, how did he get here so fast...? How could he have it?

The Pangoro let out a great roar of agony, gripping the crystal with all his might amidst the electricity. Suddenly, darkness engulfed him, running out of his robe, and he stopped screaming. He kneeled, panting from the effort. Zack's electricity was absorbed into the darkness, which expanded, wider and bigger, covering the whole of the street. The water had all evaporated from the heat, the ground now drier than ever; Zack's lightning went out and he fell backwards. How? The next time he blinked, he was in a world of darkness. Fear replaced his fury. He looked up to see the Pangoro and Garland amidst the darkness.

The Pangoro, breathless, and with some of his fur burnt and blackened in spots, looked at Zack. "You..." he rasped between ragged, painful breaths, still clutching the Dark Star. "Insolent brat. I did not want to use it so early..." The black crystal pulsed with darkness on his hand, sending a wave of horrifying energy crushing against everything around him; Zack was knocked back and lost his senses instantly.

Somewhere in the City of Workers ...

A little balloon floated over to the bunch of other balloons that were flying above the table where Wallace, Jenkins and Pendro were having their tea and enjoying posh talk. "Sirs! Sirs!" It exclaimed happily, "we found Prince Cyrus!"

"Bless the divines! Except Yveltal," the Purrloin said. He knew finishing that cup of tea before refilling it was a good omen! "Where would that young lad be, now?"

"He was trapped in the Middlemesa all along, sirs, but he is well," the Drifloon said.

"We understand," the Glameow said, "then we shall be on our way. Do message everyone in the vicinity, the Gold Tribe must learn of the news."

"The Crown Prince was found! The Crown Prince was found in the Middlemesa! He is unhurt, but assistance is required!" The ghostly message travelled the skies; Wallace and Jenkins hoped it would reach the mind of the Gold Tribe, despite Thrace's Dark Aura. It was worth a shot.

"Done and done," the Purrloin purred. "Buckle up, Pendro, and let these fellas do the rest." He gestured to the balloons. The Drifloons picked up the table and the cushions with the cats and Pendro right off the ground, rising higher and higher in the sky! They were carrying them to the Middlemesa rather fabulously.

"Off we go! To the Middlemesa!"

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (Kagemusha vs. Petrina)​

The morning sun was rising higher and higher in the sky, by the time Petrina left the company of Wallace, Jenkins and Pendro. The empty, ancient City of Workers around her was bathed in a golden light; clouds of dust traveled with the winds Thrace brought with every flap of her wings. Far in the distance, a torrent of water became visible as it rose in the sky... then fell to the road, only to be absorbed by waves of darkness. A fight was taking place on the other side of the city! "I'll put in a good bet, that's conveniently exactly where we need to be headed to go find these guys." Petrina turned about to the doctor that had apparently assigned Vanguard his guardian without her permission. "Looks like we're going to need your help here after all - we've got a fight going on over here! Hope you can keep up!" Petrina took to a full run, navigating the streets of the city at top speed, muddling her way through to get to the other side one street at a time. The doc did seem a little disheveled that he was left behind by the Vanguard, but dutifully plodded along through the city behind Petrina.

They got near the ruined neighborhood, where darkness was plenty now, sucking as if the light out of the area. The Pangoro in the robes generated more liquid darkness every time the dark crystal pulsed in his hand. He turned around to see Petrina and the doctor approaching. "Ah!" he exclaimed, "more of the Gold Tribe to kill, it looks like!"

The Slowking doctor rushed to the fallen Electabuzz who was nearer to them than the Pangoro; he checked on him, then glanced to Petrina, whispering, "hold him off. I need to tend to his wounds."

Petrina didn't feel the need to directly respond to the doctor. "More to kill? I doubt it, I'm no mere pussycat, you know? In fact, I'm almost insulted you think you can kill me." Petrina goaded back at the obnoxious Pangoro. Truthfully, she doubted she could take him. Whatever that dark crystal was doing, it had made the big angry thing able to take on two of her brothers - presumably alone. "But you seem pretty determined to try, don't you? Why don't you come over here and give it your best?" Petrina could feel her body temperature getting colder, the ground beginning to frost under her feet... This was going to be a tough fight, but she was ready for it.

The Pangoro seemed eager to oblige. He raised his left arm, his fingers curled as if he was trying to grip something. The crystal on his right hand pulsed and the liquid darkness that was swirling around him was shot towards Petrina; he followed into it, the ends of his robes flapping behind him. A Karate Chop was incoming. A small squeak of fear escaped Petrina as she hopped herself backwards out of the way of the attack, but only barely, leaving a small puddle of ice behind, as a "pleasant surprise" for the Pangoro. The Pangoro was indeed caught off-guard and stepped on the ice and almost slipped, staggering for a crucial moment; Petrina taking the chance, hopping forward with the same speed that she'd leapt backwards, making an almost timid quick attack, hoping for a measure of the Pangoro's strength - how empowered he was.

Kagemusha was caught by surprise again. He never thought she would be as foolish as to try and get closer to him; the Glaceon struck him in the belly with her Quick Attack and he groaned, staggering, but his retaliation was quick: the crystal on his hand pulsed once again, sending a wave of darkness that was impossible for Petrina to avoid, given how close she had gotten.

Petrina only had enough time to gasp before she realised her mistake - when it was too late for her to do anything to get out of the way before she was blown off her feet - and it was only small mercy that she was blown away from the Pangoro. She felt a pounding in her head, a stabbing pain in her ribs. All things considered, she had a pretty good measure of Kagemusha's new power, and it didn't inspire her confidence, but as long as she had brothers to fight for, she had to keep fighting, she couldn't let herself run and abandon them. Slowly, she dragged herself to her feet, and unbelievably, she continued to goad the Pangoro; "Heh... Good shot... But it's going to take more than that...." Petrina had a good mind that she was going to have to play it safe for now - a puffing eruption of snow, one of the most basic Ice-type attacks wasn't going to intimidate anyone any time soon, especially as most of the Powder Snow fell around her, but she had another plan. She faced mostly away from Kagemusha - her back paws well dug into the fresh layer of snow...

And Kagemusha decided to go in for the advantage: Karate Chop. Liquid darkness poured from his robe as he advanced decisively, but Petrina wasn't stupid enough to stay close to him this time. As soon as the Pangoro came vaguely near to her, she kicked out with her back paws and broke into a run - kicking the snow beneath her feet up in a frozen variation of the famously-dirty Sand Attack. Kagemusha raised his arm to protect his eyes, and the darkness around him ate any snow that came his way. He went after Petrina, stepping on her ice as if to mock her, his own element eating it away before it could make him slip.

Meanwhile, the Slowking doctor had implemented his healing abilities upon the unconscious Electabuzz, who opened his eyes slowly. "Am I in heaven yet?" he muttered dizzily, looking back at the concerned face of the doctor. The doctor glanced around him at the battle between Kagemusha and Petrina. "I fear heaven is much too far away right now," he said solemnly. Zack suddenly shot himself up, remembering of the Dark Star.

"The crystal!" he shouted. "Look, doc, go help out our leader over there. I'll take care he doesn't reach you. Go!"

As the Slowking was leaving, Zack sprinted over to where the battle had taken Kagemusha and Petrina. Zack believed that was key to figuring out everything, and he was on the verge of doing just that. He squeezed his mind to remember what had been said about the crystal during Zane's memory. He remembered that Infernape who had it in his suitcase:

This crystal's called the Dark Star. It is entirely different than your plain crystals - pretty obvious, yea, but that's what makes it dangerous. It has powers beyond the realm  of Pokemon, powers not you, or me, or anyone else, better or worse, should use. Give this crystal to the right person, and they can change reality to their whims. Their dreams will come true. I'm talking literally here. With this in hand, one ambitious enough can rule all of Exathor - forever."

However, it didn't look to Zack like the crystal was doing anything else apart from enhance the Pangoro's dark moves. Why hadn't he destroyed Petrina with a single flick of his finger, then? There was something really fishy here... "You couldn't have gotten to the top of the Nexus and back so fast," Zack shouted at the Pangoro, who ceased his pursuit and jerked to see the Electabuzz still standing and panting with his fists clenched. "Then that must mean one thing: there are two Dark Stars, and yours isn't working the way it's supposed to be!" Zack concluded.

When Kagemusha had ceased his pursuit, Petrina had ceased fleeing. "There's more explanations actually. I reckon this joker's got a fake!" She took advantage of the distracted Pangoro to fire off an Ice Beam - expertly aimed at the Pangoro's Dark Star-bearing hand. The beam found its target and the Pangoro swirled around, the crystal leaving his fingers and falling onto the ground, rolling with clinging noise. He roared in disdain, jerking around and pointing his right arm, which was encased in ice from Petrina's attack, to Zack who dove for the crystal. A Doom Shot blasted near him, sending him backwards, and the Pangoro used the natural effects of the move to blink to the spot where the crystal had fallen and reach for it. 

Unfortunately for him, Petrina saw him making the move and she was not going to allow him to get his hands back on that crystal. "No chance!" she yelled to gain Kagemusha's attention - she wanted him to watch as her last attack came - if she missed or it didn't work, she'd easily be too exhausted to keep fighting, but whilst he was vulnerable... she couldn't stop to think. Vanguard drew on every reserve of her energy, focusing it all into one concentrated attack - a beam of pure destructive energy, the famous Hyper Beam attack!

The powerful white beam struck Kagemusha as he picked the Dark Star from the ground. He had the crystal only for a moment, before it left his fingers again, flung to the side. The beam blasted him backwards, burning his robes and skins, but it did not shoot through him. He let out a roar of anguish as he rolled onto the ground, protecting his head with both hands.

"And watch your back next time!" Petrina glared at the ground where the Dark Star lay... perhaps it wasn't the brightest idea in the world, but she needed to stop Kagemusha from getting that back in his hands... she would have to take it for herself! Seizing the opprtunity, before the fatigue of the powerful attack took hold, she charged forward, making a dive at the black crystal and catching the Dark Star in her mouth. It tasted of a pungent mix of filthy ground and evil - which in this case seemed to take the form of a horrific toothache - but at least she had a hold of the crystal where Kagemusha couldn't get to it.

Zack thought he had found the opportunity to rush in for a Thunder Punch, seeing the Pangoro vulnerable, but he stopped abruptly as he saw a darker, bigger figure sitting on a house behind Kagemusha.

"Th-Thrace," Zack stammered at the Yveltal. She appeared to be watching the battle. When Kagemusha fell, she flapped her wings, taking flight. Zack abandoned all hope of killing his teacher and turned tail, screaming and waving his arms in the air.

Thrace was staring directly at Petrina when her turquoise eyes turned purple. The psychic attack she set off was enough to blast Petrina off her feet and wrench the crystal out of her mouth; her monstrous voice boomed in the ancient City of Workers: "That does not belong to the likes of you!"

The crystal flew back to Kagemusha, who reached for it just as the Yveltal's talons grabbed the kneeling Pangoro from the neck. "I am not done with them," Kagemusha croaked, obviously hurt from the attacks he had received. Thrace ignored him and flapped her massive wings again, causing powerful winds to build up and dust to be shot around.

"I am not done with them, either," Thrace's deep psychic voice was heard, all distorted like, "but it appears the crystal is gone, and I am running out of patience. I will have you finish this... another time." She glared at Petrina and Zack with hatred churning in her turquoise eyes. "I will hurt you for what you've done," she promised. Flapping her wings one last time, she rose backwards to the sky and flew away, over the Sky Nexus and towards the north, Kagemusha still trapped in her talons.

Zack fell onto his knees, looking at the legendary Pokemon. "Oh, Arceus, I am still alive," he muttered, "why am I still alive? Doesn't that thing want to kill us all? That must mean she's afraid of us!" He rose to his feet suddenly, clenching his fist towards Thrace. "That's right! Run away!"

From the ground, Petrina chided the Electabuzz. "Do you really... think it's a good idea... to taunt a god of destruction?" Although she rasped the sentence between breaths, she still managed to get out her biting tone.

The Electabuzz rubbed his chin and tapped his foot on the ground, adopting the smart-ass look he was known for. "Depends. If she's far enough not to hear you."

Petrina let her head sink back into the ground. "Whatever... As long as she's not coming back... to finish us off. I don't think asking her nicely not to kill us would work and, well... I'm not really feeling up to fighting deities today... I need a second... to catch my breath."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

Punisher & Jacob meet the Prince

"The Crown Prince was found! The Crown Prince was found in the Middlemesa! He is unhurt, but assistance is required!"

Punisher blinked at the voice in his head and glanced down at Jacob with confusion, "Uh... Jacob?" He asked, "Why didn't we check everywhere before there? I mean... I know I'm not the smartest... but why did you guys enter the Summit again if he was just out here?"

Jacob covered his face with his palm. "I've no idea. Take us there and we'll ask the Prince for more info."

Punisher shrugged as he began to walk, though as they did Thrasher's voice shouted out from the nexus, "HOW THE F**K DID WE NOT FIND HIM THERE!?"

Punisher began to run along, huffing a bit as he did so. The city was abandoned so there was really nothing to worry about as far as Punisher could tell. They just had to run to him. The abandoned city was still such a strange sight to Punisher still, but at the very least Polo had been dispatched. That was one worry off of his mind, and the rest of these guys had to be dark type right? Which meant that he could easily take them down. As long as they didn't have those life orb thingies of course. He kept on running as he got to the other end of the city and he looked down at Jacob, "Uh... where is the middlemesa?" He asked.

Jacob smirked his eyebrows slightly. "Seriously?" He pointed at the third, bigger mountain. "That big mountain over there."

Punisher nodded and began to head on over, "Well I'm not the best with directions." He said as they arrived at the mountain and Punisher made his way around, "Uh... so where is he?" He asked as he glanced about.

"Up the lift, I guess," Jacob said, looking over to the balloons that guarded the lift.

Punisher nodded and made his way over, "Excuse me sirs, gold tribe and all!" He said as he got on it. "Uh...." He looked at the lift with a frown, "I think this is a bit old Jacob... do you know how to work it? Or do I..." He flipped a switch and the lift began to rise, "Oh... figured it out!" He chuckled a bit, "So... uh.... you think he'll be alright? I mean the others were beaten up a bit. I have some sitrus with me, but I'm starting to run out too."

"They took care of him," Jacob said stiffly, "that's their job. And now he's got about five hundred of those explosive ghost balloons protecting him."

One they reached the top, the Drifblims guarding the entrance to the ancient building of the mesa parted so they could pass, after seeing their golden insignias.

The rays of the sun crawled into the black marble hall of the Middlemesa's monastery. The walls were almost orange with the light, as were the balloons that were standing guard close to the walls. A flock of Slowking doctors flocked a bench, where a Beartic was sitting. As Jacob and Punisher approached, they got a better look.

The Crown Prince Cyrus was a tall, hulking Beartic with a fair fur and noble face. His icy beard extended to his shoulders, forming sharp glaciers of solid ice as his pauldrons. His cloak was rich, made of cloth-of-gold, tied to his waist with a silver belt. He was sitting on the bench quietly, his arms crossed and his eyes shut, patiently enduring the doctors who frantically tended to his injuries. A small wound to the head had been cleaned and closed, while another two, bigger ones than the former, showed that he had been in battle not a long while ago.

When the doctors stopped to observe the newcomers, the young Beartic eyes opened. They were deep and grey, proud and stern of glance, speakin of wisdom beyond his years. He had an austere, stiff look to him that bent steel. Jacob hadn't seen much of the Prince, but he did know he was known to be unsmiling.

"Your Highness, I am Jacob, Second-in-Command of the Gold Tribe, and this is Matthew Punisher," the Meowstic said as mellowly as he could, "you are alright, I take it?"

"I am," the Prince said curtly, then glanced at the doctors around him. "Get off of me, can't you see these men need you more than I?" he said irately, waving off the doctors. He gestured sharply for Punisher and Jacob to have a seat on the nearby benches. The Slowkings bent to their task, setting off Healing Pulses that engulfed both of the Gold Tribe; Jacob immediately felt his limbs loosening, the damage the Shadow Ball had done evaporating.

"We sought you in the Spirit Summit, your Highness," Jacob said, "how is it you were found here?"

"I escaped," the Crown Prince stated, touching his side wounds, "and I got these while doing it. I got as far as the Middlemesa, but the lift was well guarded, so I hid. Are the others well?"

"Nope. I couldn't save everyone," Jacob stated sadly.

"I see," the Prince said, shutting his eyes. "I will make sure they are given a proper burial."

Suddenly, something sunk right into the room from the ceiling: it was a table that was carried by Drifloons and cushions that transferred the SIA cats and Pendro. "Greetings, your Royal Highness!" Wallace or Jenkins (the Purrloin) exclaimed, right before the table touched down next to them.

The Glameow said: "We are ever so glad to find you were not butchered cruelly and had your head removed and stuck onto a spike."

"Why are you not out there helping my father?" Prince Cyrus asked critically.

"Thrace's too powerful," Jacob replied quickly, before the nervous cats could reply. "Frankly, I wouldn't ask them to do the Gold Tribe's job, your Highness."

"You are correct," he said sternly to Jacob, then turned to the cats, "you better make yourselves more useful in the near future. I will not tolerate "Secret Intelligence Agencies" if they provide me with no intelligence at all."

"Actually, your Highness," the Purrloin, the smarter one of the duo, said, "we do have news that may concern you. On our way here, we saw a great army crossing the grasslands from the east. They are marching to our location as we speak. A score of thousand men and women, all Hesperian, under the command of Lord Halford Greyland of Fargal Keep, most probably - I recognized their banners. They might be able to help us with our legendary problem."

Prince Cyrus's frown formed angles on his mouth, his face hardening. It was obvious he did not trust that particular lord; Jacob knew Dareon did not either. Lord Halford had fought on the side of the former Hesperian General Quentyn, thirty years ago during the War of Succession. He declared faith for Princess Khendra's claim, instead of Dareon, but bent the knee to Dareon all the same when the pretenders were thwarted by Vektor in Skyhaven. Emperor Dareon scorned and ridiculed the ancient House of Greyland for a good amount of his time ruling Exathor. Prince Cyrus was more subtle about his contempt, which he had inherited from his father. "Now, they come," he said scornfully, "they are late."

"Your Highness," Jacob said mellowly, "you should be wary of Greyland. He may be a godly person, but he's as treacherous as he can get."

"I will not trust that man to help me. He has got an army, and I have got nothing. I would be at his mercy if he were to aid me now."

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Low in Spirits
|Tavhir, Noah, Cassandra, Thrasher.|​

Noah eventually took Cassandra on his back himself as Tahvir and himself continued their way down the steps. He could see that the Pawniard was becoming more and more fatigued time dragged on, so he offered to carry her himself. To be honest, he wasn't feeling so hot himself either. Soon enough, he laid Cassandra's limp body against the obsidian, cushioned by leaves and grass. He too then stretched himself out, the soreness finally beginning to surface. It felt surreal to even think about relaxing lately. "Hey Tahvir...any idea where the others are?"

Tavhir immediately rushed to Cassandra's side, almost ignoring Noah's inquiry completely. He held the Lilligant's hand in his own, before taking notice of the emptiness Nexus. He sighed from exhaustion, both physical and mental, before turning towards Noah. "I don't know... it would be nice to know where they were, at least. This whole situation seems hopeless."

Cassandra began to stir slightly, and Tavhir quickly turned to Noah. "Do you have any more berries with you?"

Noah looked unsure and turned his bag upside down. A few papers, stones, and a single oran berry fell out. He handed the berry to Tahvir. "Sorry it's not much but, it is all that is left."

"It'll have to do," Tavhir said, quickly snatching up the Oran berry. He gently brought it to her face, and she slowly took a bite. She fidgeted slightly, before finally opening her eyes, then quickly closing them again and leaning her head back as she sighed.

"The crystal... it's gone..." she muttered, her face bearing an expression of grief. "I failed...."

"Don't say that." Noah took in a deep breath, then stood up on his hind legs, ignoring the soreness. "I think we'd be in better shape if we can meet back up with Dareon. He'll know what to do." He looked back up at the towering Nexus then around the surrounding area. "Umm...though I'm not exactly sure where he made off to."

Tavhir looked up at Noah. "Last we saw the Emperor, he was off to fight Romulus and his boss, that Zoroark guy."

"Come on," Cassandra said, strain evident in her tone as she tried to rise to her feet. She immediately fell back down, Tavhir moving to try and catch her as she did. "We need to go find them... let them know what happened."

"Don't push yourself," Tavhir replied. He took her arm, wrapping it around his shoulder again to help her up. He turned towards Noah again. "But she's right. We need to keep going and find the others. Rest can come later."

Noah gently hoists Cassandra on his back once more and motions to the stairs. "Well, let's get a move on then." He takes the lead as the duo venture down the next flight of stairs. Tavhir followed close behind as they descended, keeping his eye on Cassandra as Noah carried her. He felt like it should be himself carrying his own sister, but, being as small as he was, that was out of the question.

Soon enough, they made it to the next floor... or rather, what remained of it. Rubble and debris was scattered everywhere, and half the floor had collapsed and fallen down to the room below. Tavhir ran over to the edge, peering down to the next room. Dareon, Gerrick, and Thresh stood amongst the broken stone. "What happened here?" Tavhir shouted to them.

"What happened here is Earthquake," Thresh replied cooly; the Aegislash appeared to be wounded, the shield battered and scratched. He was still floating though.

"Have you found it?" the Emperor asked them impatiently, "you must have found it, if you are coming down."

Tavhir closed his eyes, his expression bearing a look of defeat. "No..." he replied solemnly. "The rebels weren't the only ones here..."

He carefully made his way down, climbing the rubble to their level. The Pawniard bowed his head slightly, showing a respect for the Emperor that he would not have displayed under normal circumstances. However, given their failure, and the weight of the news, he felt the need to show respect, lest the Emperor's temper flare. "Those mercenaries... they beat us all to it. When we made it to the top, they had already taken their prize and fled."

The Mega Ampharos bared his fangs, glancing upwards, then to the window. He blew steam out of his nose and turned around abruptly, the bells on his sashimonos swirling and jiggling behind him. "Come, men. We no longer have a reason to be here."

Tavhir was braced for the worst, until the emperor quickly gave the order to leave. He cracked an eye open, looking up towards Dareon as he turned to leave.

"Huh... that was surprisingly... calm of him," he thought to himself. Part of him expected an outburst - some demonstration of his anger - but there was none. Thankfully so, he felt. Tavhir turned up towards Noah, still on the floor above. "Take the stairs, it'll be easier."

Tavhir began following quietly behind the emperor, until he noticed something in his peripheral vision. A Zoroark, dead, a massive pool of blood formed underneath his corpse. Tavhir grimaced slightly as it appeared the dark-type's chest had burst open. He recognized him from Brynjolf's vision as one of the rebels' leadership. "Well... got rid of one of them, at least..."

With the Emperor in the front, they took the next stairs down. It was tiring, especially at their state; Dareon tried to show he was not panting from the effort. "Whose fault is it that they got away?" he asked briskly between his breaths, never looking back, as he crossed the next floor, headed for the stairs.

Cassandra was now fully conscious, and she wished she wasn't upon hearing the emperor's inquiry. Her gaze fell to the floor as Noah carried her. She was fearful of Dareon's reaction, but she managed to work up the courage to speak. "Your highness, it-"

"The fault is mine," Tavhir interrupted. Cassandra stared, dumbfounded, at her brother. Tavhir simply looked back, before returning to address the emperor. "They escaped due to my poor planning and judgement."

The Emperor kept walking in the front for a bit, without replying. For a moment, it seemed he had not heard, but then he said, "they escaped due to your weakness. Have you fully realized what is going on here? Any notion of how arduous of a task it is to defeat the enemy, now that we do not have the Dark Star on our hands?" He shook his head. "You two... do not deserve to be in the Gold Tribe."

As the Ampharos walked on ahead, Thresh remained behind close to Tavhir, watching him carefully. "Do not take what he says to heart", the Aegislash warned him and Cassandra, "become stronger and prove him wrong."

Tavhir didn't react to the Aegislash's comment. He kept his head low as he walked. He knew that Thresh was right, but that didn't help the emperor's words sting any less. He kept silent as they made their way out.

Cassandra, meanwhile, just stared at her brother, one eyebrow raised in confusion. He never acted like this. Taking the fall and not even challenging it? It felt like this wasn't the same Tavhir she had known. She would question him later, though. For now, they both remained quiet. Further words would do no good in this situation, with tensions as high as they were.

Down below Thrasher was still camping out. He had his guard up as he heard footsteps and did his best to stand. He managed instead to get onto a knee as he held his hands up, but as he saw the Emperor he lowered his arms and sighed, "Well, did you get it?" He asked. "Oh what am I saying?" He sighed and looked down, "I heard Jacob outside... Thrace won." He shook his head, "Well this is a great day isn't it?" He asked rhetorically, his voice oozing with sarcasm, "Can someone at least give me a lift?"

He knew that with the announcement of the prince being found it meant one thing. The GT hadn't found him. The SIA did. They were, right now, worthless. Couldn't even save the crystal and couldn't even save the Prince on their own. As could be expected, Thrasher wasn't feeling the least bit happy right now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

The Exalted

After all the pain, Garland felt comfort washing over. It was a doctor's healing touch that kept him alive. When he regained consciousness, he was laid on a bed, staring at the grey ceiling of a room. Voices picked his ears from other rooms. "The fight," the Floatzel croaked and tried to get up, but a hand stopped him. He grabbed that hand and looked at its owner sluggishly. The Slowking doctor. "What... what did you do to me?"

"It is only a berry for the pain, Exalted One," the doctor said, "and please, lay back down and refrain from talking. Every breath you take is precious at the moment. You have lost a lot of blood already."

Garland wanted to know what happened and was of a mind to speak again, to ask what happened exactly. He blinked, but did as he was told. He knew better than to argue with a doctor; last Stygian rebellion, nine years ago, he was wounded in the Deathbringer's Mark, the battle that sealed the rebellion quickly with a victory for them. The others had gone off to celebrate, and he, younger and more foolish, had almost crawled to the party and nearly died the next morning.

The doctor wasn't as quiet, thankfully. "I brought you here with a teleportation device. Vanguard and Skysaber helped push off Mr. Kagemusha. It appears he possessed a strange, black crystal. The two almost got him to drop it, but then... Thrace showed. She took Kagemusha and flew."

Garland smirked his eyebrows in confusion. "Are you serious?" he muttered.

"Save your breath," the doctor said calmly, "yes, she ran. Why, I do not know, but I can only assume. Perhaps she was compelled to run because of the reinforcements that are coming. There is an army of twenty thousand Pokemon en route to Stoneyard right now - simply look outside the window, sir."

Garland turned and looked. Clouds had fallen like cream onto the green plains. They concealed some of the host that was approaching, but the rest was perfectly visible. They rallied the banners of Fargal Keep, the Faith in Arceus and House Greyland; Lord Halford would be leading them, no doubt. But he also noticed other Pokemon in the plains, running towards Halford's host: the mercenaries, who were waving flags that they didn't have before. Flags that bore the symbol of an airship inside a circle - the Imperatorium's symbol.

The Floatzel tried to sit up. "These are no reinforcements," he managed to say, before a fit of bloody coughing found him. The doctor pushed him back into the bed and poured honey down his throat.

"I have some good news, sir," the Slowking said to distract him, "Prince Cyrus was found, here in the Middlemesa. He is well. I believe he will make peace with Lord Halford."

Garland exhaled from the surprise, grabbing for his chest, where a weight was lifted. With the Prince well, at least part of their mission was fulfilled. Bless Arceus! At that very moment, the hulking Beartic squeezed through the door of the room and Garland's eyes opened wide. Jacob and Punisher came in after him, following the Prince.

"I heard my name," the Prince said, looking at them. The doctor rose from his feet in protest.

"You cannot be in here just yet, your Highness, the Exalted One needs rest."

"And he will get all the rest in the world, very soon." He walked heavily to the bed and gestured for the doctor to get out. "This is a matter of life and death. Please, give me a moment with him."

"... as you command," the Slowking left the room.

Prince Cyrus kneeled to the bed next to Garland, his face grim and pained, as if he shared the burden of Garland's wound. Ever since he was a small Cubchoo, Garland paid daily visits to the palace to play with him and teach him battle and strategy; the Keeper always said, Garland was more of a father to Cyrus than Dareon, who seemed to avoid him. They grabbed each other's hands and smiled.

"I am glad you found me," Prince Cyrus said. "But help did not come only from the outside, did it?"

Garland blinked. "What do you mean?" Now that he mentions it... how did he escape?

"After I was beaten and every one of the rebels were gone, somebody released me from my bonds. He held me down strongly, my back was turned to him, so I never saw who it was. He was whispering all along, told me to climb the walls using ice and that the way to the Middlemesa would be open. It was true. I found no guards, no patrols. I tried asking who it was, but he would not say. When he let go of me and I turned around, it was dark and I did not manage to see who it was. He simply walked away somewhere into the cave."

"Very strange," Jacob commented, "do we have a man of our own among our enemies, Garland?"

Garland laid back on his bed, rubbing his head. He finally said, "no. We do not. I have no idea who released you."

Prince Cyrus got on his feet. "I suppose it does not matter right now. Other matters demand our immediate attention."

Garland glanced outside the window; the clouds had moved, revealing the whole might of Lord Halford's troop. The mercenaries had now merged with it, waving their banners with the rest.

"Wait a minute," Jacob said, squinting his eyes in suspicion; he ran to the window, slapped it open with his powers and jumped on the threshold to take a better look. The Meowstic pointed at the mercenary's banners: the symbol of an airship within a circle. "Isn't that the symbol that small piece of paper had on it? You know, the paper Thrasher and Noah got from the mercenaries they captured in the Alamagna underground."

Garland felt disgust rising up his throat. Those pieces of nothing had attacked the party that was sent in the Alamagnan underground; Garland, Tavhir, Thrasher and Noah were looking for an exit out of the city in the ancient aqueducts, but they found resistance that wanted to kill them for some reason. And now that resistance was helping them instead?! "What... what in oblivion were they doing in the aqueducts?" Garland wondered out loud.

"If they are sided with Lord Halford, they can be up to no good," Prince Cyrus concluded. "We wait for my father to return, and then we leave as soon as possible. Doctor!" he shouted for the Slowking, who appeared to be waiting outside the door. "Get those cats to ready a teleportation device to Union City. And inform the men who will be arriving from the Nexus to report directly to me."

"At once, your Highness," the Slowking bowed slightly and ran off.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
A father and son talk... well, almost

Thrasher grumbled as he dragged his leg behind him. Right as he had come over here the doc had intercepted him and put it his leg in a cast, saying if he tried to bend it the wrong way one more time then it was as good as gone. It wasn't his fault though... but that was a moot point now. He made his way to where he had heard the Exalted was staying and knocked on it loudly, "Hey! Prince, Garland, Punisher, what a lovely morning!" He said rather cheerfully as he dragged his leg behind him, "It is quite the beautiful morning isn't it? I mean sure we released a death god who will kill anyone she sees and lost the Dark Star, but it's all alright. I mean, it can't get much worse can it?" He chuckled a bit, "Oh... well I did seem to speak too soon given that on the lift up here I saw an army chumming it out with the mercenaries who kicked all our asses all inside that tower. But other than that, everything's good right? Personally the medicine still has to kick in for me."

Punisher squirmed a bit, "Uh... you feeling alright Thrasher?"

"Better than ever!" The Primeape said cheerfully, "Why I almost broke my fu**ing leg, found out that the SIA, and not the GT, managed to perform our original objective, and all in all, I think it's a ever so good day." He sat on down in a chair, "So... that is my lovely report. Any questions?"

"We lost the Dark Star?" Prince Cyrus asked the Primeape gravely.

"Oh, you didn't hear?" Thrasher asked, "Yuppers, those mercs beat the crap out of us and ran off with it up top." Even Punisher could sense the tension as he put a hand to his throat to signal Thrasher to stop talking. Thrasher just smiled wider, "Oh go on Punisher? Well I shall! Yes, we lost it to two lower trained, non GT pokemon who slapped us about quite effectively I might add." He nodded a bit, "Oh yes, if mercs were this powerful we should have at least brought more people!" He stretched a bit, "In case you all can't tell. I am rather pissed off, but once that medicine kicks in I won't give a c**p in the world."

"Enough," Garland said, looking at Thrasher sideways from his bed. "You are making fools out of us. We tried our best, all of us."

Cyrus shook his head, lost in thought. "I'll go see my father. You all prepare to leave." He exited the room swiftly with his face all flared up. He walked through the corridor that led to the hall and pushed the doors open; the Drifblim guards followed him. Dareon was conversing with the SIA cats.

"Father," Cyrus shouted formally. The Ampharos turned to him, showing only a bit of joy. They shook hands and patted each other's arms.

"Good thing you are still alive," Dareon said, a bit tense.

"You as well."

There was a bit of awkward silence between them. The two had never been close. Cyrus figured he was just the heir of Exathor in his father's eyes... so he would act like one. "I listened to Thrasher's report," he told his father steely, "it seems we lost a Sky Nexus and... Yveltal has awoken, from what I hear."

Dareon bulked up his body, staring back at Cyrus, almost intimidatingly. Was his son chastising him? "Walk with me," he commanded, turning for the balcony. "You too, SIA." The Glameow and Purrloin followed them outside in the chill of the dawn. The extent of the plains unfolded before them. From the east, the troops were approaching rapidly.

"They will be here soon, if I may interrupt," the Glameow said, "it is a matter of half an hour, perhaps."

Dareon ignored him completely, his fury flaring as he stared at the young Beartic. "I left everything behind. I rushed to save you," he said between his teeth, his nostrils flaring, "and this is the thanks I get? Scornful looks and criticism on how I handle things?!"

Cyrus raised his arms, having calmed down a bit. "I am sorry, father. I had no idea I was that important up until I was kidnapped," he said sarcastically.

A bell started sounding from the Evening's Light Chapel, before Dareon had a chance to react. Those on the balcony looked at the grasslands. The army was now charging.

"It looks like we are under siege. Heh!" The Purrloin chuckled in a priceless manner.

Dareon raised his fist at the army, his mouth tightening and his eyes widening with his fury. "Halford, you traitorous Wurmple," he yelled, then stormed past his son and the cats. "Ready the crystals," he roared at the Drifblims. "I am sick to the core of this miserable, grey place. Get us to Union City right now."

The Drifblims went and got the crystals as everybody was summoned to the hall. It was soon flooded by balloons who floated through the walls and ceiling and the Gold Tribe that were still alive.

"Actually," the Glameow said, "that is impossible, your Highness."

Dareon jerked back to the cat furiously. "What do you mean, impossible?"

"I fear there are some... horrid complications awaiting for you in Union City. You see, we just got word that a prophet of some sort has appeared, preaching the coming of Thrace and the destruction she brings... and that she only desires the Thunder Crown. There's a rebellion brewing, your Highness; people demand that you let go of the Thunder Crown, so the city may be spared."

"Preposterous," Dareon said dismissively with a wave of his hand. "I said get us there. I will solve this problem rather easily."

"No," the Purrloin interrupted, "I'm afraid you won't. For your own protection, we shall not be going to Union City." The teleportation crystal floated in front of him, shining with the power of the psychics. Its light spread to the whole room in a sudden flash, and the next moment, they were gone from the room.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Brynjolf

"Where do they sell compassion?
To quench my loneliness
where do they sell dreams of love?
Because I want this anguish to sleeeeep"

"Quiet with the singing already!" the guards shouted.

The lone Aggron in the cell shook the psychic shackles that locked his hands, threw back his head and cried in agony. His luck had never been worse! He'd spent a week in the dark cells of the Obdisian Citadel in Alamagna. He was beaten by the Gold Tribe during the siege and got thrown into the prison. Having betrayed the Ritual of War as one of the rebelling lords, he was cursed afterwards by Vendra, that lying ♥♥♥♥♥, but he survived! He survived and the curse subsided. She was pretty, alright, but Brynjolf wasn't fond of pretty girls. They always hurt his feelings.

"This ain't supposed to happen to the Lord of the Tocan," Brynjolf cried. "Get me outta here!" he yelled to the guards outside. "Or simply step in. I need to crush something."

They ignored him, and he booed. "Cowards, come and fight me. I'll take you one on one, and when I'm done with you, I'll plant you so far into the ground, you'll fall off Exathor!"

"Shut your gob in there!" one of the guards, a Bisharp shouted, "or else I'll have ye burnt."

The Aggron remained sulking in his seat, his burn wounds suddenly hurting at the mention of another burning. He had tried to escape and failed, and the punishment was burning. His steel armor was all twisted and melted, running down his legs. It wasn't anything his body couldn't repair naturally, but he needed to eat iron for the process to activate.He found himself staring dreamily at the metallic body of the Bisharp. They hadn't been feeding him properly here. Must. Eat. Iron. He stuck his horn outside the bars of his cell, grabbed the bars and drooled as he stared some more at the Bisharp who noticed him.

"What are ye lookin at? Fancy yerself another burning, eh?"

"How about I eat you alive instead? You look mighty tasty to me." Brynjolf retorted.

"You'll do no such thing," a voice said from the corridor. The Aggron jerked towards the source of the voice.

"Mmm?! Who's there?" Brynjolf mumbled.

A dark silhouette appeared quietly, moving with feline grace; his steps were completely inaudible. It turned out it was a Mienshao with ridiculously long mustachios that pooled around his legs like robes as he walked, muffling any sound. He was holding a black book on his arms, titled, Constitution - the book he always held.

"Aay, if it ain't the Wise Master!" Brynjolf shouted, almost excitedly. "I was hopin' to see you, matter of fact."

"Well, here I am," the Wise Master Rethlor Ravine said, a small, conniving smile plastered on his face. "Get him out," he ordered the two guards.

"Sir? Letting him out is dangerous."

"Do as I say," the Mienshao ordered more stiffly and they did as they were bid.

As he walked out of his cell, the massive Aggron shoulder-checked the Bisharp, forcing him to fall heavily face-first onto the floor. The Wise Master chuckled, ignoring that and turning around and walking to the corridor. Brynjolf followed with the guards close behind him. Those fools probably did not realize he could kill them all even with his hands and feet chained, but he decided not to risk anything until escape was sure; for all he knew, this could be a trap. And besides, Brynjolf was rarely a curious Aggron, but this was one of the times his interest was piqued. He thought he'd never see sunlight again, yet the Wise Master comes and picks him? This had to be important... although Brynjolf had lost all hope of being important in the political matters of Exathor during his captivity.

"What's this about, fella?" he asked Rethlor rather cheerfully. "I don't s'pose Emperor's pardoned me?"

He caught the Mienshao's devious half smile. "As a matter of fact, he has."

"He has?" Brynjolf blinked, running with his chain feet and struggling to keep up with Rethlor's swift pace. "
Dareon, changin' his mind? That don't sound right to me... you're kiddin', right?"

"On the contrary. Let us take the lift. Men, stay here."

The guards shrugged and remained at the entrance to the elevator. The Aggron and Mienshao entered. They were alone now in the Obsidian Citadel's elevator; Brynjolf thought of multiple ways he could strangle the Mienshao, but his curiosity overpowered his deathwish. Silence fell, only the buzz of the lift going up reaching their ears. "I hate these awkward moments," Brynjolf muttered.

They finally reached the top floor of the Citadel, where the winds blew harshly. The Obsidian Throne Room with the walls open to the sky unfolded in front of them when they exited the lift. Two Pokemon were standing in front of the throne: a Drapion in a heavy, sable cloak with fur lining waving behind him with the wind. The other was a plain Gigalith. The two Generals of Hesperia and Stygia respectively; Vektor Belisarius and Althalos Montforte.

Brynjolf had much to tell of both men. First, he hated Althalos. The man was too meek for a Stygian General, having ruled for far beyond the time a General should rule. And the years hadn't been kind to him. He was slower now, more stupid and indecisive. The whole of Stygia had come to resent him - even some of his own troops mocked him behind his back. Brynjolf joined the Stygian rebellion because he sought to overthrow and replace him as the Stygian General. In his mind, Brynjolf was much more suited to become the Stygian General. Younger, more skilled, smarter. If the Gold Tribe had not gotten in his way during the siege, he would've killed Althalos on a one on one battle, and he would've been accepted by Stygia as the man who bested Althalos fairly and deserved to replace him for that.

As for Vektor, he hated him even more than Althalos, although he thought that was impossible. Vektor Belisarius always had a smug mug, even when he was pretending to be humble in the presence of the Emperor, who very much enjoyed the loyalty a powerful man such as him displayed in court. But Brynjolf knew he was a snake - a venomous scorpion, to be precise - having betrayed his allies during the War of Succession, and now dared to interrupt the siege and save the defendants by tricking Lord Teneth in the mountains. All in all, he would gladly take Vektor one on one if he was in a better condition and feed him his tail.

The two Generals were arguing about something, without having noticed the approaching Wise Master and Brynjolf.

"... the flags need to be in their place," Althalos the Gigalith, General of Stygia, was saying, "what is this folly, Vektor?" He pointed his rocky claw at the spikes behind the Obsidian Throne, which usually carried the flag of Stygia: the Aggron's head. Brynjolf looked at the spikes. They now carried a new symbol, that was neither the Hesperian Swellow nor the Stygian Aggron. There was a new flag up there, Two claws crossed with a Drapion's head in the middle. What the hell...

"The flags are fine as they are now," Vektor Belisarius, the Drapion retorted.

"Greetings," the Wise Master of Laws said loudly, so he could be heard through the roaring winds. "Is my arrival untimely?"

"No, it isn't," Althalos Montforte said. There was fear, doubt in his voice and eyes. "Rethlor, you'll be able to talk some sense into this Drapion." He noticed Brynjolf. "Why is he here? He ought to be locked up."

"Not 'nymore, old man," Brynjolf shouted, "I'm free now. Been pardoned by the Emperor."

"You...? Pardoned by Dareon...?" Althalos gasped, barely heard.

"Yeah, you heard me, didn't you? Or did you go deaf as well as blind, old man?!"

"Blind indeed," the Wise Master said, stroking his mustachios.

"That cannot be," Althalos declared, finding courage, "I was not informed of a pardon. Rethlor! Get this man back to his cell. I refuse to believe Dareon pardoned him."

"Not Dareon," Vektor rasped, "me. The new Emperor of Exathor." Time slowed down, the Drapion was taking steps towards the Gigalith, who begun turning to face him... the Drapion's claw was brought down in a savage blow. The Brick Break technique shot through the open Gigalith's body, tearing it in two with the sound of rock breaking.

Althalos didn't have the chance to defend himself. He fell on his knees, then another Brick Break found him. Brynjolf was watching the Drapion slaughter the Gigalith aghast, in front of their eyes. Brick Break landed after Brick Break, shattering the Gigalith's body further. "May Arceus save Stygia from your claws," Althalos only said, unable to defend himself, Brick Break landing after Brick Break. One landed on his head, smashing right through it. Emperor Vektor kept going until all that remained was rocks. The flags with his head waved behind the Obsidian Throne, the wind kept roaring.

Vektor wept sweat off his forehead with his pincer and spat down at the remains of the Stygian General. He grinned at the Wise Master. "That's over and done with. I've longed to do that for many years... the time has finally come, Rethlor."

"Indeed, it has," the Wise Master agreed. "Bravo, your Highness."

Brynjolf was still aghast. He never expected such cruelty. This was not how you gained status in Exathor. This was how you butchered helpless people. Brynjolf would have challenged Althalos to a duel before; that's how he would earn his place, by killing him. Not by stabbing him in the back. Whatever cause Vektor was now fighting for... it had all lost credibility to Brynjolf's eyes. When Vektor turned to him with his smug mug, the Aggron smirked.

"I pardon you, Brynjolf," he declared, "and I restore all of your titles. You are the rightful Lord of the Tocan, and I'll see that you regain your position, if you fight beside me."

"And what if I say no?"

Emperor Vektor stared him, almost apologetically. He slowly gestured towards the rocks on the floor, cocking an eyebrow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
CEJ80lE.jpg

The river was calm, flowing beside the quiet town of the Otori. Sounds were coming from a small glade at the grassy coast of the river. A Pokemon with a massive white mane was chewing on plants with a passion. He was crawling on the grass near trees, plucking mushrooms off the ground and stuffing them in his mouth. They tasted heavenly, but then again, so does everything when you are starving.

"Uprrr..." the small Shiftry with the sunglasses laid on the grassbed beside the river, rubbing his belly and staring at the sky with his eyes half shut against the strong sunlight. After he had swallowed the last batch of poisonous mushrooms, he had lit the cheroot cigarette again. "Wait... poisonous? Urgh," he crawled to the river, clutching his aching belly, then retched them all in the water.

Ambrose "Tempest" wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. It was at times like this that he thought of using the stores the Otori provided the Gold Tribe with, but he had refused to take any rations. He thought he could find them in the forest, without burdening the Otori with another mouth to feed. Problem was, he had grown up in the city and he knew nothing of hunting for food.

He perked up his ears and jerked behind him, looking up the grassy slope. Behind the branches of the trees, he could see two comrades of his approaching: Lenora and Xavier, his right hand girl and left hand man. Ambrose stood up from the grass, fixed the sunglasses on his face and slipped into his formal stance by straightening his posture. He waited. And waited. He had no patience for this! "Hurry up and get your asses down here!" he shouted.

Lenora looked down at Ambrose, her expression blank, unfazed by his shouting. "There is no shame in taking food when it is offered to you, Tempest," she said. Her tone was calm to match her demeanor, but she flashed a friendly smile at the Shiftry to show she meant no offense. Ambrose crossed his arms and looked away from her.

"Their food tastes bad," he said stubbornly.

The Xatu quietly walked over to where he stood, standing at the river's edge. She peered down into the water; it was almost clear as glass, the flow moving against and around the stones, creating a calming sound. Lenora took in a deep breath, taking in the beauty of the village, then exhaling.

"It's interesting... even amidst troubling times such as these, the serenity of nature never ceases." She closed her eyes, simply taking in the sounds around her; the flowing river, the gentle breeze, the birds singing their morning songs. Under normal circumstances, Lenora would have found this spot ideal for her meditations; Amoon was nothing like Pyrgos, and she wanted to take advantage of it's closeness to nature. However, these were not normal circumstances. Lenora opened her eyes again, staring forward towards the expanse of trees on the other side of the river as the wind caressed the feathers on her head, the red plumage swaying smoothly from the breeze.

Xavier chuckled as Ambrose shouted at them. Typical of him to be throwing a fit at this time of morning. He too believed that the village wouldn't mind to cater to the Shifty's dietary needs, but he'd rather not voice it now. He know how stubborn Ambrose was. In order to avoid any more ruckus, he lifted himself with Telekinesis and floated himself swiftly down the hill. He most certainly wasn't going to quicken his pace down a slope on foot, so he found it most necessary. "What seems to be the matter Ambrose? Something seems to be troubling you?"

Once finishing his inquiry, he took a moment to reflect on things. It was such a surreal feeling to be back in his home town. His humble beginnings was rooted right here in this hot spot of beauty and nature. Being a Slowking now he was very popular with most of the clans, especially his own. A Slowking among a clan of Slowpoke and Slowbro was a position of great opportunity and respect. His father told him that great leaders are born once taking on the privileged and burden of the King's Rock. Occasionally he wondered where he'd be if he hadn't wandered onto the Gold Tribe balloon heading to the ECUL all those years ago. He laughed to himself once more. Probably still here all along.

"Oh, I'm troubled alright," Ambrose "Tempest" shouted loudly, looking over to the Xatu. What with all that had been going on, he knew it wasn't likely at all that she had seen something good. "Lenora here had another vision last night. My gut tells me it won't be anything good, so I said I'd rather listen to her in the morning, before I lose my sleep."

"Another vision?" Xavier echoed. He turned to Lenora, his curiosity piqued. For the most, her visions were of doom and gloom so he wasn't exactly thrilled either. "What might it be this time, hmm?"

Lenora stood motionless, her gaze seemingly fixed on some invisible object in the forest ahead. She blinked once, then again, one eye and then the other. She sighed. "I have told you before, Tempest, I am a seer, not a fortune teller. There is a difference between the two that you do not seem to understand."

"Eh! You psychics over-complicate things! Just get on with it already."

"Complicated for one such as yourself, perhaps," she thought to herself. However, she kept her thoughts private. There was nothing to be gained from upsetting the Shiftry further. She finally turned around to address the both of them. "Regardless, Tempest is correct. That is something I wished to discuss with you two specifically."

Lenora wandered over to a nearby tree, looking up towards it's branches as if lost in thought. "I see many things in my meditations, some more significant than others. However, yesterday night, I believe, is worth sharing. It could be true... or it could be the lunacies of the wandering mind of a seer. Both everything, and nothing, at the same time..."

She paused for a moment. She had caught herself rambling again, as she was prone to do. "In any case, I do believe this is important." Lenora turned back towards her comrades, their inquisitive eyes waiting for an answer. "I saw Exathor. From high above the clouds, I looked down on our continent. A breathtaking view, I thought... but what happened next, even more so."

Lenora paused again, inhaling slightly, collecting her jumbled thoughts. "The Sky Nexus', the foundations of our land, abruptly and suddenly... destroyed. Collapsing inward on themselves. One by one, each Nexus crumbled and fell, until none were left." She closed her eyes, thinking back on the memory of her sight. "Slowly, Exathor began to plummet into the oceans below, gravity exerting it's control. The continent tilted to it's side, before crashing completely into the waters of the deep. A mighty tidal wave rose up, the water rushing up to meet me as I watched from above. The continent of Exathor sank, completely submerged in the oceans. The waves reached up to me, and then... I awoke."

Xavier's small smile disappeared and his expression was emotionless. This was quite the development as far as Lenora's visions were concerned. The entire continent of Exathor crumbling like weathered rock? "That...would be quite the mess." He simply stated. "Was there any hint or inclination towards when such an event would occur? Position of the sun? Time of year?"

Lenora shook her head. "I'm afraid not. Neither were there any hints as to the cause." She looked up towards the sun, closing her eyes for a moment as she took a deep breath. "As gifted as many would think me to be, I admit that I am just as puzzled as you are as to its meaning."

Ambrose put his hands on his hips, staring off to the grass quietly as he chewed on his cheroot. A psychic's vision was just added to the long list of things he had to worry about, right beside their enemies. The Shiftry sucked in his mouth in a sarcastic smirk of disdain.

"Well, while the meaning may be quite foggy, it is clear that the results are quite destructive. In my opinion, such a vision from an experienced psychic like yourself should not go unexplored. You mentioned a Sky Nexus correct?" He waited for a nod from the Xatu. "I suggest we monitor their operation over a long term to see of someone or something might disrupt them." Xavier cleared his throat. "Err, just my take on the matter. What do you think Ambrose?" He offered Ambrose the floor.

"Monitor the Nexuses? Yeah, why not?" Ambrose rasped in a cynical tone and crossed his arms. "Problem is, one just got destroyed. Stoneyard's Nexus is no more and the locations of two Nexuses are a mystery to everyone. Only thing we can monitor right now is the Obelisk." He pointed at both of the psychics while looking at them above his sunglasses. "And we'll make sure to do a damn good job at it, hear?"

"Good," the Shiftry continued, "now follow my lead, fellas. I can hear the town calling us," he said sarcastically and walked up the slope. The path to the town was short; they were soon seeing the beautiful houses the villagers had set up to live their quiet life in the forest. A Venusaur basking in the sunlight of his house's garden nodded at the Shiftry and his two comrades; Ambrose replied with a military-like salute using his leaf-for-hands. He chuckled as they went past, "gotta respect the elders," he said to his friends. As they walked through the village, they met and saluted citizens more often, and came across bigger buildings and even stores. They were all happy to see them, smiling faces that contrasted the dark times that were upon them. With a grin on his face, the Shiftry wondered if those people had gotten thicker from all the time they had spent in the forest and were now unable to comprehend what was coming for Exathor.

Yet they had received the Gold Tribe with open arms, when Ambrose led them to Amoon.

The Otori were hive minds before, preferring to be left alone rather than socialize. It was Trade Prince Achilles Proudmoore that changed their mind; that business tycoon, one of the big boys. Ambrose didn't know what the heck Achilles did and they let him build a huge palace right outside the borders of their village. But thanks to that, the Otori opened up in the last few years and no longer regarded strangers warily.

"All of it inspires you, does it not?" He asked the abrupt question to both his friends and received a strange looks accordingly. "All of this." He gestured to the all of Amoon Village. Its people, its buildings, and its serene landscape. "It gives one something to fight for, if nothing else. Even the most hardened of hearts can find something here that is worth protecting."

"Indeed, Xavier," Lenora replied, her eyes wandering the city around her. A Kecleon shopkeeper was setting up his stall, turning to wave at the approaching Gold Tribe as he noticed them. Lenora flashed a smile, nodding in response as they walked. "Their attitude, even among times such as these, is inspiring."

"Humph," Ambrose let out, "none of this is gonna last. Come winter, if we don't get a move on and push back our enemies, this whole town's going to be erased from the map and its people buried two feet under the ground, under fifty feet of snow."

As they walked through the main road, they found many fellow Gold Tribe as well. The Gold Tribe were now living together with the Otori, having settled down in their houses, their gardens, their roofs, their ponds and nests. Like the citizens, many of their brothers and sisters greeted them heartily and with respect; Ambrose, Lenora and Xavier were well known as the leaders of most of the remaining Gold Tribe; the third division was solely under the command of Ambrose. The other divisions had fallen in the Deathbringer's Mark.

"Garland's gone to Stoneyard, and we just got word that Dareon's left Yvangarde Keep," Ambrose mused. "Good thing our Emperor can't keep his royal self from delivering some vengeance, else he'd be stuck with the boring guys of the Fire Tribe knockin' at his door, heh-heh-heh." The Shiftry chuckled, chewing on his cheroot and smiling broadly as if he had said the funniest joke.

The main road took them to the Town Square. Few Pokemon went to and fro tending their business, a few children were frolicking at a garden nearby. At the middle of the square, there were three old statues that were once bright white, but now had grayed with stains after centuries. The statues represented the three founders of the Otori: a Ferrothorn, a Simipour and a Sigilyph. Ambrose hadn't bothered to learn of their names yet, but he knew of the legend: these three Pokemon had helped create and maintain the millennia-old forest of the Otori with their abilities. Ambrose was about to make a comment on how he suspected their types of grass, water and wind were somehow involved in the creation of the forest, when something happened.

A crack of pink energy opened in front of the statues; the crack expanded into a psychic portal and numerous Pokemon appeared in the square. Ambrose easily recognized the Mega Ampharos with the crown on his head as Dareon with his son, Prince Cyrus and Garland and Jacob himself, as well as other members of the Gold Tribe. This appeared to be the group that had gone to Stoneyard. Immediately, the Emperor swirled violently around, looking for someone.

"Where are they?!" Dareon spat out. The citizens backed off, frightened. "The SIA! I promise, when next I see them, I will have their tails mutilated--"

Garland grabbed Dareon from the shoulders and forced him to look him in the eye. "It's for your own safety," the Floatzel yelled, "just let it go and let people help you for once!"

"Goddamn right," Ambrose shouted, drawing the attention of the group of Pokemon.

"Tempest," Garland said calmly, and he was about to talk again, before Ambrose cut him off.

"You're lucky to be alive, and even luckier to 'port here in this village, where people don't want to see you hanging upside down in a cell," he told every newcomer, "none of our kind are welcome in Union City anymore, so you all will have to settle here for a while. Lenora, check to see if anyone's hurt. Xavier, lead us to the base."

"The base? What base?" Garland inquired suspiciously.

"I'll explain on the way," the Shiftry hastily replied.

Xavier smiled warmly at their guests and gestured toward the path to the base. "Please, follow me."

Other members of the Gold Tribe flocked to welcome the group from all around the town. They exchanged handshakes and pats with Garland and some citizens even cheered when they realized the Emperor and the Prince were in town. Garland grimaced, glancing at the numbers of the Pokemon with the golden insignias that flocked around them. "You took ALL of them? I thought I had instructed you to camp here with a small group, only."

"All of 'em, what did you expect? The People's Militia aren't joshing around. Thunderslash and Valor almost got captured. I did the best for the tribe."

"The People's Militia?" Garland asked, confused.

"You don't know, do you?" Tempest exclaimed. He stepped on some brown leaves which cracked and he staggering, almost losing his balance. "Damn leaves! Tell you what, Garry, I'll settle you and your pals in the base for now, and we exchange info over dinner. You all must be starving. This place's quiet enough - I reckon it's the only place in Exathor that's safe from the war as of the moment - so we'll have plenty of time to plan our next move."

"I can see that," Garland said, and although he was tense, a nostalgic smile appeared in his snout. He glanced over at the Shiftry, rather playfully. "You still chew on that cheroot. Haven't I told you it's bad for your health? Especially if you add a pinch of cola." He chuckled and Ambrose grinned.

"Who says that! Sycophants, the lot of them. I don't need colas to get me fixed. Hah-hah! Oooh..." he sighed. "Thing ain't lookin' the least bit good, Garry," the Shiftry said, his voice almost a whisper. Apart from all he must tell him of the current state of the Empire, he also had to tell him of Lenora's vision, but he figured it would not be of much use to burden the already tired leader right now. "Having all the leaders of the tribe in one place is going to strengthen our resolve, I suppose. Don't let anyone know, but I'm glad you're here."

"I won't, don't worry."

"Here we are, our base!"

Ambrose pointed at Garland's house. It was a rather large manor built inside the face of a cliff. Lights were coming from inside the windows. There was a massive garden in front of the manor, full of trees brown with the touch of autumn. "I've taken over your house," Ambrose snickered to Garland, who shrugged.

"If I ever made camp in Amoon, my house would be open to any of my brothers and sisters. You did well, Tempest."

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
The Garden Clinic

As soon as they had arrived, Cassandra shielded her eyes from the bright colors of Amoon village. Such a stark contrast from the dull gray of Stoneyard. Once her eyes had adjusted to the sun, she looked around the city proper. The populace was calm - happy, even - considering the circumstance. Villagers walked this way and that, going about their daily lives with a queer sort of optimism.

"Lenora, check to see if anyone's hurt. Xavier, lead us to the base."

From amongst the greeting party, a Xatu stepped forward towards Noah, still carrying Cassandra on his back.

"Come with me; we will tend to your injuries," Lenora spoke plainly, gesturing towards the Lilligant. Cassandra gently eased off of Noah's back, Lenora extending a wing to support the still-wounded girl. She wrapped her wing around Cassandra's back and under her arm, with Cassandra likewise reaching around the Xatu's neck and grasping her shoulder. Lenora looked towards a Grotle, bearing the insignia of the Gold Tribe, standing off to the side of the square. "Stoneclaw, come help me take our wounded brothers and sisters to the base. I have a small clinic set up there."

The Grotle nodded, rushing over towards the rest of the group as Lenora walked with Cassandra, following the others towards the base. Tavhir followed close beside Cassandra, as if protecting her from some invisible danger.

Moments later, they had arrived, standing in the massive garden of the manor. Lenora lead Cassandra and the other wounded towards a special section of the garden that she had cordoned off for herself. Several mats and tents were set up to accommodate the wounded, but thankfully, they were mostly vacant. Inside one of the tents, a Floette whistled cheerily to herself as she worked at a makeshift apothecary desk, mixing various berries and juices into healing salves and other medicines. As Lenora approached, the Floette heard their footsteps, turning and greeting them with an enthusiastic smile. "Oh, Lenora! I see you've brought more patients for me!"

"Indeed, Starlight," the Xatu replied to the Floette. "Our siblings here have just arrived from battle. See that you treat them with the utmost care and haste."

"It will be my pleasure!" Starlight answered cheerily. She motioned for Lenora to come closer. "I'll have them all fixed up in no time, don't you worry."

Starlight gestured towards a spot on the ground beside her tent, motioning for Lenora to lie the Lilligant down in the grass. The Floette quickly retrieved a cushion for Cassandra to rest her head, placing it on the ground as Lenora helped ease the Lilligant down onto the grass. Starlight closed her eyes, holding her tiny hands out towards the ground. Her hands began to glow, and the grass underneath Cassandra began to shine in unison as the Floette utilized her Grassy Terrain ability. "There. That should help a bit. Just hang tight while I get my medicines ready."

Starlight immediately floated back inside her tent, leaving Cassandra to heal underneath the soft grass. Lenora stood watch to the side, before Tavhir tapped her gently on her wing. Lenora looked down, meeting the Pawniard's worried gaze.

"Is she going to be okay?"

Lenora looked back towards Cassandra. The Lilligant had several cuts and scrapes from her fight in the Nexus, and a particularly nasty gash across her chest from Rax's Poison Jab. "Do not fret, brother," Lenora spoke reassuringly, looking down towards Tavhir. "The girl appears to be in stable condition, and I have yet to see any wound that our sister Starlight cannot mend. She is in good hands, I assure you. She just needs a few moments rest."

Tavhir breathed a sigh of relief, looking over towards Cassandra. He felt truly terrible... it was his idea to split up, and Cassandra had nearly died because of it. He nodded once in response to Lenora. "May I stay by her side as she heals?"

Lenora shook her head slightly. "Give her some space. Starlight will make sure she is taken care of. I would suggest you head inside with Ambrose and the others. I imagine they have plenty to discuss."

"I see..." Tavhir said, looking down at the ground. The last thing he wanted to do was be amongst the others after his failure in the Nexus. He didn't know what to do now. He looked up towards Lenora again. "Make sure they treat her properly, alright?"

Lenora smiled at Tavhir's statement. "Your care for the girl is admirable." She reached her wing down and patted the Pawniard's head slightly. "Starlight is the best healer I have ever seen. She'll have your friend to her normal self in no time."

Tavhir just stared at Cassandra as she lay in the grass. The Lilligant had her eyes closed, finally having a chance to relax and recover. This was the second time she had gotten grievously injured, and each time Tavhir felt increasingly worried. Had she never joined the Gold Tribe with him in the first place... she'd be home, in Hesperia, safe from harm's way... Yet, she had insisted on joining along with him, despite his objection in the matter. From now on, he would make sure she would stay safe. There was no more room for close calls. Tavhir sighed, before turning and leaving the garden.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Also the garden clinic.​

Petrina and Cassandra

Amoon... is so pretty. Petrina strolled quietly around the village, taking in all of the scenery - it had been a long time since the Glaceon had been able to travel out of her snow-topped village, and after the bleak Stoneyard and City of Workers, stopping by at a place like this - it could be just what the doctor ordered - although as the Glaceon stumbled across a makeshift clinic, she idly wondered if the doctors would order anything of her - she didn't feel hurt, except for that nagging ache caused by her close encounter of the delicious kind with... whatever that "Dark Star" really was... but really there were more pressing issues... not least that she'd seemed to idly wander into the little clinic, surrounding herself with her wounded brothers and sisters... but she did take note of one of them in particular. Amongst all of the wounded Gold Tribe, there was one Lilligant - who despite the size of her scarring and the clear pain it would cause, actually seemed oddly relaxed.

Cassandra sat underneath the cool shade of a large oak tree, having recovered enough thanks to the Floette and her medicines. She was motionless, save for the movement of her arms as she wrote in her notebook. Truthfully, any other kind of movement was still painful. Cassandra did her best to stay still, making soft strokes with her pen and writing slowly.

As she was writing, Cassandra noticed a Glaceon wandering into the garden. At first, she payed the ice-type no mind. However, it seemed the Glaceon was staring at her... Cassandra looked up towards Petrina, trying not to seem rude. "Um... hi?"

Petrina nearly startled, but kept herself to a perfect poker face. After all, she hadn't meant to be staring... "S-Sorry.. I dodn't mean to be staring or anything it's just... doesn't that scar hurt or anything? If I hadn't seen it, I'd say you look like there's nothing wrong with you!"

"Oh," came the reply. Cassandra ran her hand over the scar. It still stung considerably, but she managed to keep a straight face. "It hurts... but not as much, now. If I sit still, it feels fine. Starlight really knows what she's doing." She motioned towards the Floette, who still had the same overt smile on her face as she floated to the other patients.

"Well, generally speaking we hope the doctors know what they're doing. I mean, anyone with us is going to be the best at what they do..." A note of pride spread itself across Petrina's face. "Like, lemme tell you, I was in a pretty bad shape after the little mess back at the Stoneyard... split my head up on a rock and that was just the start of it."

Cassandra raised an eyebrow in confusion. She didn't recognize this woman, but apparently she was at Stoneyard? Not to mention, it seemed extremely out of the ordinary for her to be so chipper about the situation. "Wait, you were at Stoneyard? I didn't see you there..."

Petrina didn't seem all that surprised. "I don't think you would have... I was underground, with the other prisoners..." she, however stopped for a second, seemingly to think about something, pawing at her chest, where her gold pendant would usually hang. "Right... they kind of took my insignia and I haven't really had time to find a new one. I should probably explain that I'm with you guys then! I'm Petrina, or Vanguard, whichever name you want to use!"

"I'm surprised I haven't met you then," Cassandra said with a smile. "Well, pleased to meet you, Petrina!" She held her necklace up, a golden flower as her insignia. "My name is Cassandra. My title is 'Peacekeeper,' but most people just use my name. I prefer it as much anyways."

"And it's much the same pleasure to get to meet you, Cassandra. I always like to get to know my allies. It doesn't seem pokémon like us get to have too many of them..." Petrina allowed a small crack in her demeanor to sigh. "Considering we're, you know, guarding all of Exathor, we don't tend to be all that popular."

"Agreed," Cassandra replied. "I can kind of see where they're coming from, but it doesn't make it any less demoralizing..." She looked outside the garden, seeing the citizens of Amoon as they went about their day. "Well, at least the citizens of Amoon have welcomed us... though after yesterday, I won't be surprised if all of Exathor wants us gone."

"But if yesterday was demoralising, don't you see today as a symbol of hope? Despite so many turning against us, there are many who will still welcome and support us." Petrina stood at Cassandra's side, tracing her eyeline to the center of Amoon. "Besides, pledging allegiance to the rebels..." The glaceon looked back to the lilligant, so the latter could see just how sure she was in what she was about to say. "It won't last."

Cassandra looked at Petrina, a puzzled expression on her face. "What makes you say that?"

"It's simple really. When you choose to follow a leader, you do it because they can do what's best to you or they do something you believe in... I don't know what the rebels did to convince so many to turn against us. I only wish I knew. But, they are nothing to the pokémon who now follow them, and that's working both ways." Petrina nodded as she spoke, apparently even convincing herself more of what she was saying as she went along. "Thrace only promises... death. The end of all we care about. It won't take forever for the citizens to realise that - and when they do, they will look to ally themselves with the enemies of Thrace... Do you follow what I'm saying?"

"I think I do," Cassandra responded. While the Glaceon's words were optimistic, something she'd normally agree with, after the events of just the past day, the situation was beginning to weigh heavily on her state of mind. "It's just, everything has been quickly spiraling out of control. First rebellion, then the prince is captured, a supposed death God out for blood... it all seems so... futile."

"Sometimes, things just are. But we never know if we don't fight it to the end. I've faced what I thought would be my certain death at least..." Petrina counted off by tapping her paw against the ground. "...three times since the rebellions started. But I'm still standing here, aren't I? One of those times I even managed to come out without grievous wounds." Of course, the real situations, they hadn't been as simple as whether or not she died - but in the interests of this lilligant's psyche, Petrina declined to mention that part. "I know the whole world looks dire right now... but maybe you could see it another way? Now's the time when we've got to be much more than just common pokémon. Now we need to show our gold standard, if you'll excuse the pun."

Cassandra looked down at her notebook in pensive thought. After a moment, she looked Petrina is the eye, flashing a small smile. "You're right... well, I guess I knew that all along, but still." She took in a deep breath, flinching lightly from the brief flash of pain before exhaling again. "I guess I've just been letting this whole situation affect my thinking. In times like these, sometimes being hopeful is all we have." She glanced down at her gold necklace, the symbol of her status in the Tribe. Our gold standard. She giggled at the pun. "Thanks, Petrina."

Petrina looked confused for a second, before she realised she'd accidentally found her way back into her 'moralising the troops' mode. "Oh, it's nothing.. We're sisters right? It's just what we do for each other." She stopped to think for a second. "Say, would you mind if I were to hang around for a while? I mean, out in the sun is no place for an Ice-type like me and the shade under this tree is just perfect." It was part-true, she did enjoy the shade under the tree, but really... Petrina just liked this Cassandra mon. She definitely needed to while away the time before they'd be out of Amoon and back throwing themselves headfirst into probable death and Cassandra seemed like someone she would just enjoy whittling time away with.

Cassandra smiled, folding up her notebook and carefully putting it back in her satchel. "Not at all. I could use the company." Together, they sat underneath the tree, the gentle breeze adding to the shade for what could be considered a perfect day as they casually conversed with each other.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Thrasher and Tavhir : A straight talk​

Thrasher lay against the tree as he stared out at the forest. He had fallen silent when they had arrived and all around them had been cheering people. Those who eagerly claimed that they would take down Thrace and the army too. It was funny in that way, they had not seen what he had witnessed. What they had... experienced. If they had been at Stoneyard, surely all of his brothers and sisters here in the village would instead be sullen. Oh, but they had hope, false hope at that. That was the worst kind of hope around. Sure, it was all nice and dandy to talk about killing a god you had never once seen, but it was another thing to try it.

He closed his eyes and let out a loud stressed breath. They had no idea, none of them knew in the least what was going on. They were... basically they were screwed. He had no paper given he had left his bag at stoneyard, so instead he grabbed a small blade of grass and looked down at it, "Well... we all become dust in the end." He muttered to himself.

Tavhir had taken to wandering around the village for a bit before returning to the garden. He had come to check up on Cassandra, but he noticed she was preoccupied with some Glaceon. Regardless, it put his mind at ease, at least slightly, to see that she was well enough to sit and converse idly with someone else. He was about to turn and leave, when he noticed Thrasher was there as well... with a badly wounded leg, apparently. The Primeape looked disgruntled, which Tavhir felt was a bit odd. Cautiously, he approached him. "Hey..." He couldn't really think of anything else to say, standing a short distance in front of Thrasher.

The Primeape silently looked up and then he glanced back down at the ground as he let the blade of grass go, watching as it flew away due to the light breeze, "Hey." He said simply as he kept staring ahead, "What brings you here? Going to go and try and cheer me up? Say how we can easily kill Thrace despite the evidence we've seen so far being quite the opposite? Do you have any regrets Tavhir?"

Tavhir frowned at Thrasher's words. "No... actually, I'm kind of in the same boat as you." He walked a little closer, before stopping. "Do you mind if I sit with you?"

Thrasher nodded, "Yeah, and you're not an idiot. That's good, very good."

Tavhir sat cross-legged in the grass besides Thrasher. "I don't know if I could even try to cheer you up. That's more my sister's job, anyways," he nodded towards Cassandra a few feet away, giving a weak laugh before his frown returned once more. "Everyone else seems convinced that we can still win... but I honestly don't see it."

"Neither do I." The fighter said as he closed his eyes, "I have heard talk about how other cities are rebelling. Union city is gone, the palace is gone, basically, if anyone was going to help us... they are long since dead or held as prisoners. We have an army of all of Exathor in essence going against us and they are aided by a death god as well." He glanced over at Tavhir and slowly opened his eyes, "I walked away from my love twice. The first was running, the second was more cordial. But... I still ran. Heh, you know." He turned his head away and took in a deep breath, "I always wanted a big wedding. I always wanted to just... rent out a huge chapel, just invite everyone, shove cake in each other's faces and be happy. I'm not dying without having at least made my marriage vows."

He was silent for a bit, "Which..." His voice became a whisper, "Which is why I'll be leaving. When my leg heals up and is good enough. Just pretend I'm going on patrol and just... walk to Wrothgar. I'll walk all the way there for him."

"Oh..." Tavhir trailed off, his gaze fixed on the grass underneath him. "I suppose this is the part where I try to stop you and convince you to stay?"

Thrasher shrugged, "It's up to you." He sighed, "Think about it. Really. We have a death god as well as... well, practically everyone in Exathor against us. I know that once I leave, if I come back I'm good as dead. Garland will wash my ass." He chuckled softly, "But.. we can't win. We are what? A few hundred Gold Tribe left? They don't even need Thrace honestly, in the mark they killed thousands of us. Common soldiers, mind you, killed a good... I would say ninety percent of our tribe. They now have more numbers, which means if we so much as go into combat with but one part of their army we'll join our brothers in death. It's suicide anyway you look at it. So..." He chuckled a bit, "I decided before I get killed, I might as well do what I always wanted to do. Find the love of my life and get married to him."

Tavhir simply nodded his silent approval. "You know... I really should stop you. I'm pretty sure anybody else would try to..." Tavhir folded his hands together, just staring at his feet. "But, out of everyone in our little group so far, I respect you the most. If you feel it's best to leave... then I'm not going to stop you." He stood up, tugging at his brown scarf, looking at the Gold Tribe emblem pinned to it. He seemed lost in his own thoughts for a moment as he stared, but eventually he spoke up again. "I don't know what I'm going to do, myself... I might stay, simply because I don't think I have anywhere to go to if I left."

He looked around the garden, then turned back to Thrasher. "I'm sure Garland would have my head if he figured out I just let you leave like that... but I don't really care. But if you do go... here," he reached into a pocket in his scarf, pulling out a small, slightly damaged journal. "I found this in the Nexus when we left. I think it's yours... but all the pages are missing."

Thrasher took and looked it over, "Yeah, I tore them up." He smiled a bit, "The funny thing... is all of this could have been avoided. The Gold Tribe... they don't think. We're a tool Tavhir, hired on to punch a problem, but not taught how to solve a problem. We simply beat people up and that's it. We're basically thugs if you think about it and we use a half as*ed reason to do so. Imagine what would have happened if we didn't charge into Stoneyard? Imagine... imagine if we actually researched what we were going against? Imagine if we researched on the Caretaker or even tried to find the rest of Perenth's missing verses? Imagine if we found out that Thrace lived there? If we just... back in my assassin days I didn't go after a target the very second I was told who to kill. No. That leads to complications. For two weeks I would tail the target, learn his habits. Learn where he went and what he did. How long does he sleep? What is his schedule? Do friends come over to his apartment at these specific hours?"

He chuckled a bit, "Yeah... the Gold Tribe aren't hired to learn or even use our brains. We're hired to punch and that's it. If you stay... if you stay it'll just remain the same. There's no point to it really. Probably something better to do would be to make a group of pokemon who actually research Thrace, who scour the libraries and other institutes to find that which we have forgotten about." He scratched at his cast, "But it's too late now."

Tahivr looked at Thrasher with a curious expression, before he shrugged. "Heh, well, if you ever did that, you know where to find me. Though I bet Cassandra and everybody would kill me if I tried to leave."

Thrasher chuckled a bit, "I still have about a few days with this cast. If... if by the time this cast comes off, the ideal solution is, go and punch Thrace in the face, I'm leaving. I have my own dreams to fulfill, and running up to a death god intending to punch it isn't the exact way I wanted to die. I hate those who die from stupidity." He smirked, "Well... you're smart. I know that you are. If I do go... if that is the solution that everyone comes up with... why not come with me then?"

Tavhir placed a blade on his chin, weighing the options in his mind. Techinically speaking, he could leave. Nothing was stopping him from doing so. But on the other hand...

He glanced over at Cassandra, seeing the Lilligant laughing with the Glaceon and chatting. "I'll consider it... but I need to make sure Cassandra would be safe in my absence... I know she can handle herself, but..." he closed his eyes momentarily, then turned back to Thrasher. "I feel like I need to make sure, you know?"

Thrasher nodded, "I do know. She would be safe I think with Garland. Remember, GT are taught to protect. So we'll wait and see our options. When my cast comes off... well, we'll see how smart our dear leaders are."

"We'll see..." Tavhir repeated, his hands falling to his sides, He sighed. "I need to go. Take a walk, clear my head. Hope your leg gets better soon."

Thrasher simply nodded, "Take care, Tavhir."

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
157.png
Noah,
199.png
Xavier, and
257.png
Alphus

Meet and Greet

"You know... I mean, it's like a blessing in disguise right?" Dean asked. "I mean, think about it. Truly think about it. If you had gone then those traitors would have slaughtered you. At least that's what I think."

Alphus glanced over at the Poliwhirl and shook his head. He looked down at his pad and hung his head. He glanced back at it before he closed the book and crossed his legs as he thought. The Blaziken picked up a pencil as Dean looked on, "Yeah! Haha! I knew you woul-"

He quickly set it back in his pack as Dean sighed, "Uh... well you'll get it back! I know you will buddy!" He happily patted the Blaziken on his back. Alphus glanced out and gestured to the rather large house. "Yeah... he's in there." Dean muttered, "Oh I so want to just smash that guy's face in ya know?"

Alphus just smiled weakly and opened his sketch book again and stared silently at the pages.

Just happening to walk by from foraging for berries, Noah overheard the conversation between the Poliwhirl and Blaziken. Or rather just the Poliwhirl. He immediately thought it strange that the Blaziken had not responded with words until he just managed recall the occasional talk of a Combuskin and Poliwhirl always tagging along together in his days during the ECUL. "Hey, how's it going?" Noah called over to the duo excitedly. It was always a pleasure to meet new faces. He's heard that the Blaziken couldn't speak, or something of the sort. The Typhlosion only hoped he wasn't intruding.

Dean quickly got in front of Alphus as he held out a hand, "You know, so what if we got turned down! No need to come on over here buddy cause we ain't being smack talked no more! Just go on and talk to Juggler a-"

Alphus reached over and grabbed Dean, pushing him off to the side as he stared at Noah. He whipped open his sketch book and pulled out a pencil as he began to start drawing. "Oh... uh, great job good sir! You have served to inspire Alphus! The Almighty Painter!" The Poliwhirl dramatically waved his hands about. "You should feel honored to even be considered a worthy candidate!"

Noah scratched his head in confusion. "I...um...thank you? I didn't know there was an artist in the Gold Tribe."

Meanwhile the Blaziken's hands moved like a blur as he sketched the lines about on the paper. It was rather rough, but soon he was done and ripped out the paper and handed it to Noah. There on the paper was actually a perfect image of the Typhlosion himself, the look captured on his face perfectly as Alphus started sketching on the next blank page. "Genius! As always Alphus!" Dean said eagerly. "By this time tomorrow your muse shall be repaired!"

Holding up the paper to the light, and observing it from all angles, was actually very impressed. "This is really good. I've never seen anyone paint so fast and so well."

Dean crossed his arms, "It is not painting! It is sketching! Get your terminology down right!" He said with a huff as Alphus punched him in the back as he continued sketching. "Alright alright, sheesh. The great and honorable Alphus has forgiven you for your misuse of the english language!" There was another punch as Dean groaned, "Fiiiiiine, I'm sorry. There that's done."

"Umm, don't worry it's no big deal." The Typhlosion tried his best not to look visually bewildered. "You two certainly are strange." Looking away from the sketch, he suddenly remembered he had not given his name. "Oh, I forget to introduce myself." Or rather I wasn't given the chance. "My name is Noah. Or "The Flash" if you prefer my title. How are you enjoying Amoon Village? I find it quite nice that so many Gold Tribe are congregating to such a nice place."

"NICE!?" Dean spat out, "Have you NO idea what's out there? Flash... we have NOWHERE else to go. This is the last place, the straw man's land." He put a hand against his chest, "We are the last of our kind, there ARE no other GT anywhere else, which is why this guy got into a muse dump!" He pointed back to Alphus who was already working on sketching on a new sheet. "We are the last of the last. Once we die... the Tribe is forever lost."

Alphus glanced up and gave a small nod as he resumed his work. "Besides, nothing can get us here! We are surrounded by forest! We shall never fall down! Never lie down!" He pumped a fist into the air. "We all go down fighting! Which I hear will be very soon. Honestly... not looking forward to that, but it is as destiny commands."

The Typhlosion scratched his chin. "Well that's a pretty dim way of observing the situation. If this is the last of the Gold Tribe and our last stand, then at least we're all here together. I'm sure with the combined power of the tribe we can make it through. We don't all have to be martyrs."

Glancing over, Xavier looking in the direction of the three pokemon, the shouting rather out of place. He slowly walks over not exactly catching what they were saying. "Does there seem to be a problem. I'm currently directing Gold Tribe to their dwellings so if you are lost, please do not hesitate to request directions."

Dean just sighed and shook his head, "Xavier you know us, relax." He said casually. "We were just explaining the situation was all."

Alphus glanced up and then back down as Dean chuckled, "He found his muse finally. So that's going to lighten up the place! I can already see it now!"

"Ahh, has he now? I'm sure he'll produce marvelous works. Alphus never disappoints."

Noah looked in-between the Slowking and the Poliwhirl who seemed to know each other. "Hello there, my name is Noah." He held out a hand accompanied with a friendly smile. "You...seem familiar."

The Slowking accepting the handshaking, returning the smile as well. "Xavier, 'Calm Tide' at your service."

"Ah, yes of course! You are the Slowking that accompanies Ambrose. I've heard good talk about you."

Xavier nodded proudly. "The one and only. I'm glad see see my fellow brothers are getting along and making themselves known. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe it will be time for dinner soon and I still have some remaining Gold Tribe to guide." The Slowking gave a small laugh and a wave before turning away. "I'm sure you won't want to miss that."

Dean chuckled, "True true!" He looked back at Alphus who only raised a hand as he kept on sketching. "Eh... I'll get a plate for ya then. Keep it up!" He thumped a fist against his chest as he headed out to the dinner. Alphus just stayed seated, sketching all over the pad and not really paying any attention to the happenings around him.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back