• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
How much did you drink, exactly?
|Matthew "Punisher" Blaze and Cassandra "Peacekeeper" Eldren.|​

"CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! WHOOO!" Punisher burped loudly and threw the keg off to the side, "Oh yeah! No one can keep me down!" He said as he slammed a fist into the ground. More cheers sounded out amid the various tribesmen around them as Punisher burst into laughter. "Oh... now it's built up! Hahaha!" He walked off to the side as the other participants proceeded on without him. He made his way to the table and doubled over, rubbing his head a bit as he let out more chuckles, "Damn... I am S**T FACED DRUNK!"

"Glad to see you're enjoying yourself," Cassandra said nearby, laughing. Despite Punisher's methods and mannerisms, Cassandra couldn't help but smile every time she saw him. It was almost endearing, in a way. "Don't get too carried away, though! We wouldn't want you with a terrible hangover tomorrow."

Punisher burst into loud laughter, "I don't get hangovers! I'm the freaking Punisher!" He burped loudly and shook his head, "You know, I could walk up to Thrace right now and PUNCH her right in that noggin! And I would so totally win!" He couldn't help but punch his four fists together at the thought.

"I bet you would," Cassandra replied with a grin. She took a sip from her wine. She wasn't nearly as drunk as the Machamp, but she was starting to feel a bit light-headed and dizzy. "We should just send you to fight everybody!"

"Hell yeah!" He grabbed one of the cups and downed it one go, letting out another burp as he chuckled loudly and fell back, his back hitting the ground, "Damn." He got up and blinked his eyes, "Damn... hehehe... man everything is spinning! I'll just punch Thrace into a spin!"

Cassandra tried to stifle her laughter, only mildly successful in the endeavor. "Maybe you could hold her down and force her to drink as much as you did."

"Haha! That would get her in good spirits!" He said as he let out a louder belch. "Hehe, I could be a one man army!" He cried out, a hiccup escaping after he said so. "You know... you're one fine piece of a**!" He burped again, shaking his head.

"I... well..." Cassandra was slightly taken aback. Was that the alcohol talking, or was he seriously complimenting her like that? Mixed feelings overtook her; disgust, anxiety, amusement... she didn't realize it at the time, but she couldn't help but blush slightly. Perhaps she did have too much to drink. She laughed weakly, turning every which way, anywhere but the Machamp's gaze. He definitely could have worded it better. "I... thanks?"

Punisher smirked in his drunken stupor, "I really mean it, you're very beautiful. Like, seriously, you're a ten!" He laid down on the grass, "Heh, I wish I was a ten. I'm more of a seven."

Cassandra rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. That was definitely a better way to word it. She didn't know whether she was in the right state of mind to answer honestly, not to mention whether Punisher was in the right state of mind either. The Lilligant had no idea how to react. "I'm flattered, really... I just... ah..."

"Back at that place, the stone place, you were so strong, and you're like... you're you!" He chuckled from his spot, "I really admire that. It's like, you're the best of both worlds! And you're nice, really nice!" He smiled a bit, "Yeah... that's really nice that you're nice." He giggled at his words. "And I sound like an idiot..."

Cassandra chuckled, half out of amusement and the other half nervousness. She had never been truly approached before like this. During her younger days, she was far too sheltered to really develop any kind of feelings for anyone, even with her secret escapades. She slowly walked over to where he lay, kneeling down and patting one of his arms slightly. "You don't sound like an idiot. I think it's sweet of you, actually."

Punisher yawned a bit, his eyes drooping a bit, "Heh... think it could work?" He asked softly, letting out another yawn, "Just... maybe... a date..." That was the last thing he said as he was soon snoring on the ground.

Cassandra chuckled again. Lucky for her, he had fallen asleep. She wasn't quite ready to actually give an answer, considering the abruptness of the compliment and subsequent offer. Not to mention she was slightly drunk to boot. She patted Punisher's head gently, smiling as she did. He was a doofus... but a charming doofus, nonetheless. Maybe when her head was clearer she could give an answer. For now, she simply left the Machamp in his alcohol-induced slumber. She put her wine glass aside, deciding not to join his level of intoxication. She walked away to join her other friends, Punisher's proposal sticking in her mind.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
On Top of the (Ruler of) The World!​

Petrina "Vanguard" Levitt, Emperor Dareon​

Petrina was a little unsteady on her feet. Well, a little very unsteady. She'd sworn she wouldn't drink anything without Amy around to keep her... tendencies in check but one drink had lead to another and... actually that was kinda it, but still enough to nearly floor the Glaceon. Still, as long as she could stand and had this kind of merry mood on her, she wasn't going to let it go to waste, by any measure! There was only one place to go at a time like this - straight to the head of the party! She meandered through a mass of pokémon, only failing to knock some of them over by simple lack of weight behind her, but eventually, she had muddled her way forward to where the nobles had gathered for the feast - but really, most of them looked kind of stuffy and boring in all truth.

All except for one at least. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Petrina figured she should probably know who this Ampharos who actually seemed to be enjoying himself was, but failing to remember after a second's worth of thought she gave up on the idea fairly quickly as she approached Emperor Dareon.

"So..." Petrina began, but apparently, she was lacking in an actual sentence to back up the start of one. "...um, What'cha doin'?"

The Ampharos turned his elegant head to the side of his huge turquoise pillow and looked at the Glaceon with fancy, although it was obvious his head must have been heavy. "I am..." he started, but then something drew his attention. The Glaceon wasn't wearing any of the garments of the Gold Tribe. "Are you... one of the girls?" he asked heavily, forgetting to clarify; he meant the serving girls.

"I'm pretty sure I'm a girl... I was one last time I checked..." Petrina shook her head as she tried to arrange her thoughts and not get thrown off by this guy's smart moves. Failing that, the next best option she could muster was to bound forward and fill some of the remaining space on that giant turquoise pillow the jolly Ampharos was rested on. "Why, are you looking for a girl?" she coyly added.

Dareon seemed to be getting the message now and as the Glaceon had jumped on his pillow, next to his hair, he looked at her with fancy in his dark eyes. He was drunk like hell and the Glaceon looked pretty then, but his worry to make himself look regal and mighty sort of overtook his numb senses. He blinked and straightened his back on the pillow, trying to look like an Emperor. "Why would I be looking for a girl?" he asked with the hint of amusement in his eyes.

Petrina playfully tapped the Emperor on the shoulder with her paw. "You are so silly. Or you're playing silly. You don't look silly to me." Petrina giggled before she kept talking. "Why would a big guy like you be looking for a girl, silly?" She giggled again. In fact, when she was like this it was nigh-impossible for her to stop giggling, no matter how hard she tried. "A girl who... I know it's not really obvious or anything but... I'm pretty drunk too." She finished speaking with yet another silly giggle.

Dareon suddenly tensed. "Who are you calling silly," he thundered. The somber Aegislash appeared next to Petrina and said gently, "you would do best to leave, lady." But the Emperor would have none of that. "No," he said, having already forgotten he was nearly insulted, "let her stay. I enjoy some company..."

"You know who I'm calling silly? You. I'm calling you silly. You know why? You still haven't guessed why I'm heeeere..." Petrina only just refrained from another bout of giggling, replacing it with a smile that extended from cheek to cheek, whilst she waved away the Aegislash with her spare paw. "Yeah, and you heard the big guy. Make like a Scyther and buzz off, 'cause he likes me."

The Mega Ampharos growled slightly, his gaze fixed on Petrina, satisfied with her words. He placed his hand on his torso, looking at her commandingly. "Put your feet here," he said, and he would not take no for an answer. Of course, not as if 'no' was a likely answer anyway.

Petrina rolled over onto her feet, smiling, before she did exactly as she was told - not just putting her paws where she was told, but completely throwing herself at the Emperor, almost pouncing on him. "So that's it, you just wanted someone to stand on you?" She playfully said. "Because that's not what I was after."

Dareon bared his fangs. Petrina shouldn't have provoked him! "What an impatient girl," he growled, bemusedly, "the good things are coming next." He put his arm around her, placing his claws on the Glaceon's lower back.

Petrina held back a yelp - this Ampharos was being probably rougher than he thought he was, but it quickly gave way to a more devious, mischievous giggle than the previous ones. "Now it looks like you're getting the message. Lower.". She'd see how this boy liked taking the orders.

At this point people from the feast were staring at the two mon in the turquoise pillow, rubbing on each other. Some were tolerating the little charade, but once they saw the Emperor touch Petrina's back, they let out disapproving cries. Thresh hurried to save the Emperor from disgrace; he sneaked a phantom, cloth-like hand under Petrina's belly, grabbing her forcefully and lifting her.

This time, Petrina did yelp as she was forcibly yanked away. Still, she did at least have some parting words. "Okay then! I'll find you later... when this guy isn't going to get in the way..." The thought of actually struggling crossed her mind, but she realised she was far too drunk to escape sober arms....

"I was not done with her," the Emperor declared, but as Thresh dragged her away, he begun to realize people were watching him, and despite his giddiness, he took it as a hint that things were going to be really, really bad in the morning.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Garland, Dareon, Thrasher, and Gerrick - A Message under the night sky

The Hoothoot carrying the message fluttered his wings and landed in front of Garland on the table, right on his plate. The Floatzel looked up, startled; the bird had a wound from a burn on one side, its feathers were falling as it moved and it looked as weary as death. "Gold Tribe got mail," he croaked.

"You are hurt," Garland observed, taking the letter from his foot hastily, "where are you coming from?" he asked urgently. The Rhyperior had stood up to help the Hoothoot out of the plate.

"From the north, news from Stygia," the bird croaked and fainted.

"Take this bird to the infirmary. Medics!" Garland shouted. He leaned above the table and started opening the letter, Dareon and the Gold Tribe around them huddling over above him to see what news it delivered. There was no address on it and it looked crumpled, as if it had been through a lot, but the handwriting inside was just as storm-struck. The one who wrote it must have been in a hurry, and they were definitely poor with a pencil or a feather in hand. The letters were all clumsy and disproportionate, and they looked much like scratches engraved on the walls of a cave. Garland read aloud for everyone to hear the hurried sentences, which seemed much like a telegram:

"They gather in strength in Telmor - Vanir and Tocan, led by the Sages, Kagemusha, Hissatsu Blaze, Teneth, Vendra. They give out gold from the Vaults to folk to join Thrace's Crusade. Thirty seven thousand strong altogether, and Teneth in the Crystal Palace twenty thousand strong and three thousand of the Fire Tribe. The Crusade is preparing to descend and attack the Obelisk of Stars."

Emperor Dareon interrupted, saying, "whoever sent this letter? I was not aware that we had allies in the north."

"I was not, either," Garland muttered, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. "Perhaps this comes from a willful citizen."

"I doubt that much," Dareon said cynically, "folk are not the bravest with Thrace looming overhead. The man who wrote this knows much."

Garland shrugged and continued reading.

"Althalos was slain by Vektor in cold blood. Vektor calls himself Emperor and has left Alamagna, moving south towards you." There were cries of shock and anguish from the Gold Tribe, and Garland felt the blood rush in his face, but he continued reading, for the last sentence caught his eye. "I saw Alonsus Shadowrend being buried in the Mark with a picture of his brother Romulus.

A freezing silence fell over the table, fixing everyone to their seats. Garland was left staring at the letter, holding its sides tightly, his eyebrows smirked in intense concentration. He slowly turned looked at the Krookodile, somewhere across the table, his face changing when realization begun its strike. There was not a moment after the mark when he and this 'Shadowrend' spend some time together, else he would have seen it before, but now it was becoming obvious in front of his eyes. Everyone jumped from their seats at once.

"Well... sh*t." Gerrick stood up with the rest of them and put his hands up in an attempt to calm everyone down. "Now now... do you even know who sent that letter? Anyone could have forged that!" He exclaimed with a bit of anxiousness. "Are you really pittin' my word against that of a no-name stranger on some paper?"

Gerrick's eyes scanned the room. He had always been sitting closer to the edges of the rooms during gatherings and parties, as a safety measure. However, he seemed too thoroughly surrounded at the moment to make an escape. "H-how about everythin' I did for you guys, huh? Like save my highness? Err... his highness? The Emperor!"

Thrasher himself had been coming out of the house, a bit weary from helping Achilles inside, but as he heard those words his fists balled up. "I KNEW IT!" He snapped. "I... I thought... but... " He paused, then chuckled a bit, "... You know, there IS a penalty of sorts, those who... pretend to be Gold Tribe were usually given sentences. Isn't that true Garland?" He said slowly. He glanced around at his brothers and sisters, "Of course such crimes are... rather heinous during war time, aren't they? I would suggest we ensure that this liar learns from his mistakes."

Garland raised his arm to ask for silence. Slowly, the members of the Gold Tribe backed away from the table and moved sideways, surrounding Gerrick in a circle from which there was no escape. Garland said, "which division were you part of as second-in-command, you who claim to be Shadowrend?" It was a silly question, for the second-in-command was part of the second division, but someone outside the Gold Tribe was not likely to know that.

"Well, I.... uh..." Gerrick tried to think of some way to cover his tracks, but nothing came to mind. As he saw himself get surrounded, he knew it was over. Gerrick sighed, reaching over for the table and finishing his mug, before slamming it onto the table. "Welp, all good things come to an end, I guess," He said casually, shrugging his shoulders. "Just remember that you woulda been down one Emperor if it weren't for me."

The Floatzel ignored him and yelled, before Dareon could say anything, "arrest this man!" Three of the Gold Tribe immediately obeyed, among them the Rhyperior called Stonetouch, seizing the Krookodile strongly. "Yer in trouble now," the Rhyperior said. The drunken Emperor opened his mouth to object, but he thought better of it. Savior or not, Gerrick had fooled him, so he deserved whatever fate was coming to him. The Mega Ampharos fixed his glazed, black eyes on Gerrick's face, without standing up from his turquoise pillow.

"What is your name? Your real name," Dareon demanded.

Gerrick turned from Garland to the Emperor, and smirked. "Errias," He replied.

There were anxious murmurs from the Gold Tribe around. Errias was a name associated with death and betrayal. That was Romulus's doing. "Errias," Dareon repeated, "Romulus is your brother then..." He stood up abruptly, taking two steps towards the Krookodile, his expression lit by realization. "At the Nexus, we met with him, he said something..." he rubbed his forehead, too drunk to remember the details.

Thresh went forth and said, "Romulus recognized his brother and told us, but we did not believe him. We know for certain that it is him..."

"Gerrick is your first name," Garland said, surprising himself; he somehow remembered of the name Romulus and Alonsus had given as their brother's name when they joined the Gold Tribe. "Take him to the dungeons," the Floatzel said, "and do not harm him. We may yet find if he is a spy or not," Garland said.

"If you can, give me a window cell," Gerrick joked as he was dragged away. "I wanna get a good view of the city! And I prefer ale with my dinner. Just a heads up. Think I can grab another mug before we go?" He asked as the Rhyperior continued to push him out of the garden.

"Garland...." Thrasher said as he marched up to him, "Our enemies are coming, here and now! If he is a spy for them then keeping him alive will complicate things!" He pleaded, "Yes, he probably has information, but when they siege and he bursts out of his cell what then? There is a chance he can escape at this point!"

"So what do you suggest we do, then? Kill him right here and now?" Garland asked rhetorically. "No. The information he might have is more valuable than he is to them, if he escapes."

Thrasher let his shoulders droop, "Alright... I trust your judgement Garland. But... if he escapes and I find him out there, I will make sure that he does not live to tell another lie. I give you my word on that."

"Then you have my leave to take his life, if I haven't already."

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Arceus be with us.
|Lenora "Seer" Tarikoss|
15/10/1059

The feast had nearly lost all vitality at the arrival of the letter. 'Shadowrend,' or at least the pokemon pretending to be 'Shadowrend,' had been exposed as a fraud. Spirits were sullen, even moreso at the news of the death of General Althalos Montforte. For a moment, it seemed as if things could not conceivably become any worse. Gerrick the imposter had been taken in for questioning, and the next day, all previous feelings of merriment had all but vanished.

The decision had been made to honor the loss of Althalos, if only briefly, before the Gold Tribe headed out. Lenora stood by the edge of the river, as the rest of the village and the Gold Tribe gathered for a funeral.

"... and as your spirit passes from this realm, we are both stricken with grief, and content in heart. For though your presence will be greatly missed by those still living, we know you have found peace in the arms of Arceus, away from the struggles of mortality. We carry the memory of your life with us always, until that day where we may join you in the embrace of paradise."

As Lenora finished the last rites, she leaned down towards the river bank. A large, green leaf had been placed on the shore, with a single candle standing on it's surface. A Simisear stood nearby, a solemn expression on her face, as she lit the wick of the candle. With a gentle push, Lenora guided the leaf and candle into the stream, watching as it was caught in the current and began to float away. The audience bowed their heads in silence.

A few moments later, Lenora raised her head and opened her eyes, letting out a loud, avian cry. She turned around to face those who had gathered. "In eternal memory of the fallen, Althalos Montforte. Arceus be with us."

"Arceus be with us" the crowd repeated. With that, the memorial was complete.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

EIb6uPB.jpg

The Legend of Murk
... one week ago ...

Seven years ago, in the city where all the roads lead to, the nobles had their troops march in the streets as a show of protest against Emperor Dareon. Armed Pokemon gathered by the hundreds in front of the White Citadel and camped there for a week. Things were heated among the nobles after the first Stygian rebellion. People had started questioning the imposing leadership Emperor Dareon seemed to offer to Exathor. The nobles said that the Emperor scorned them, that he never met their demands, laughed at them when they attempted to offer their daughters to him for marriage and only showed up to their lavish and extravagant parties to taste the food and then leave. It was then that a young boy from Hesperia looking to make some golden berries joined as a bodyguard of the son and heir of a major house. It wasn't just luck that brought him to that position - it was skill, and his gradually building reputation for the quickness and deadliness of his blade.

Yesterday was a fine day for Union City. Alamagna was saved by Vektor, the rebel army was shattered and dispersed - that was enough of a reason for people to cheer and throw fireworks. Today was hell. The disturbing rumors coming from the grasslands to the south were confirmed. By midday, half the city had their sight set to the western mountain peaks, where a cloud of shimmering darkness ate away all natural clouds. The beast was seen by many, and the crimson light flashed for a few moments before she disappeared again. At first, they did not recognize her, but some theorized who it could have been. The shadow of the ancient, forgotten God of Death shrouded the city, and fear was plenty to go around. The Sky Guard had put the Citadel on quarantine, closed the gates and the citizens had taken to their homes. There wasn't a soul on the streets, or so the common people thought, for those who had a dire need to tread outside their turfs were doing so in the dark.

Now, in broad daylight, a shadow was perched atop one of the flag spikes in the plaza outside the White Citadel, balancing on one foot. Beneath him, the flag of Stygia hung limp from the top of the spike, like the scarf that was wrapped around his neck, as the lack of the winds made the area quiet and still. It was in this very plaza that the nobleman the young boy had been hired to guard, seven years ago, had been killed. They did not know who it was that killed him, nor why, but it was promptly evident what the cause of his death was: a vertical cut from throat to groin. There weren't many mon in the immediate vicinity who could pull off this sort of attack. The youth who guarded him was blamed for it, as he had joined recently and that was very suspicious, and so they tried to catch him, but they failed. In exile, he avoided the authorities for the rest of his life and had to take shelter in the darkest corners of Exathor, never staying in one place, seldom seen in towns, never during the day; the 'mon who'd seen him had put his image into words: the Legend of the Murk, a lone Greninja with a sword made of water.

Now, seven years later, the youth had returned to the spot, but there was no one around to recognize him, and he wasn't a youth any longer. For seven years he had searched for clues towards the truth. Who was the assassin who killed his master?

The Greninja was easily lodged on top of the spike on one foot. The pink scarf concealed most of his face. His grey eyes were quick and agile in their study of the place; he was trying to figure out where the assailant who killed the nobleman had come from. But he was about done trying to figure it out. It was a professional assassin who belonged to a Vanir guild, he knew as much; his travels had brought him to Wrothgar, and his skill with a blade in front of Lord Chantalai, who had promised him to find the man in return for his services. Then, the watery blade called Asaito had vowed that nothing would befall the new lord he served, but fate had a way of messing things, as he himself said often. In the siege of Alamagna, he was with the attackers, and after facing three of the Gold Tribe at once, but after an explosion, he fell off the battlements, injured to the ground. He had managed to sneak into a teleporter before they were shut off, after the battle, and he had ended up in Union City, just in time for the Sky Guard lockdown. He could have jumped off the walls, of course, but the current location of his master was unknown.

He had served Lord Chantalai long enough to know he had all the qualities of a treacherous Seviper, for a Zoroark; the Vanir tyrant knew very well who it was behind the attack for a long time, maybe forever, but if he did bring him to Asaito's blade, he risked of losing the blade forever. But there was someone else who knew: his daughter, Alucianna, who had been captured in the battle of Alamagna by General Althalos's troops and sent here, to Union City, shortly after.

The Greninja wasn't only looking out at the plaza. The Citadel of white marble stood tall above him, empty, almost, but for a few servants and the Sky Guard of the city. Scaling the battlements would be easy. Evading the guards would be easy by night. Or so Asaito impetuously and arrogantly thought. What bothered him only a little bit was that he had no idea what was beyond those battlements, and how he would find Lady Alucianna. He would need help, and he had better start to find it.

He jumped off his post, landing effortlessly on the white marble and slipping quietly, swiftly through the plaza. Even under the morning sun, his devil-like speed made him a murky shadow in the skirting of the plaza. It had snowed again during the night, so the ground was cold and slippery, just the way he liked it. From the plaza, his quick, sticky feet found a roof and took him to one of the darker quarters of the town, where the bars and playhouses were plenty. There, the morning type of Pokemon would go out during this hour to party, although the streets were a lot quieter than they used to be. It could be that he would find help here... perhaps hire someone or find a crew that would agree to rob the Citadel. He had a feeling, though, that no one was ever as crazy as to propose something like that... the Citadel might have been empty of the Emperor and the Gold Tribe at this time, but the Vaults were still heavily guarded by the bankers.

The bar he chose was dark, damp and aged - the wood was worn out and musty with all the mold. It was to be expected, as it was next to a sewer. When he entered, a Chimeco chimed overhead. The bartender, a slimy Gligar, was hanging from a crosspiece, serving the drinks upside down. When Asaito entered the quiet bar, a Garbodor with a deep blue velvet cape and a Vigoroth who were sitting on the stools, eating berries, halted their conversation and stared at him in a not so friendly manner. He ignored them, jumped onto the stool next to the Vigoroth and gestured to the bartender.

"Got ale? I could use a drink," Asaito said.

"New guy?" the bartender asked him, rather disinterested, while cleaning out a glass with a dirty towel. He set it in front of the Greninja and reached for a bottle of ale.

Asaito ignored him. "I'm looking to find some help," he said, cupping the glass with his sticky hands and waiting for his drink.

The Gligar grinned. "All kinds of help here, if you got 'nything interestin' to say."

The two mon next to him continued staring. Asaito perked up his lipless mouth and widened his eyes in a quizzical expression, staring intently at the wall, refusing to look at them. "Would you stop that, I can't focus," he said to them sarcastically.

"Yer that Greninja, aren't ye?" the Garbodor spat. "Fightin' wit' the rebels, or so I hear."

"Aye, that's him alright," the Vigoroth confirmed. They suddenly jumped from their stools, and from their stances, Asaito could tell they didn't mean well.

"Got a nice bounty on that slippery head o' yours, but I wouldn't mind me chopping off a frog leg or two, either," the Garbodor showed him his teeth and tongue. Other Pokemon from the bar had stood up and approached, circling Asaito, who was looking at the pair who started it with awe written on his face, his brows slightly raised and his mouth forming a small o. The barkeep pretended nothing was going on, pouring the ale patiently. The Pokemon were about to attack, but the Greninja raised a hand to stop them.

"Give me a minute," he said, chugging down the ale. Oh, the sweet taste of crappy ale again! Once he was done drinking, he slammed his glass on the bar and raised a finger. "You know, I've been busy lately," he told them, "really busy. Not too long ago, some Gold Tribe got in my way. Three of them."

"And what happened?" the Vigoroth asked, "did they bury your frog face in the ground and then beat you bloody?"

The rogues in the bar started laughing and mocking.

"It doesn't look like I'm hurt... does it?" the Greninja inspected himself. "They weren't much of a challenge, truth be told."

That stopped the laughter. "'nough talkin'," the Garbodor exploded, "we ain't afraid of ye mighty mouth, froggie. We stick bull****ters down sewer pipes 'round here, where they belong, so prepare for a mouthful o' that murky water you like so much!"

Asaito crouched, slipping into the battle stance of the Tocan. His enemies were all around him, but he could tell none of them had any real training at all. The unsuspecting fools might've been drunken already and looking for a fight with one of the most elite fighters of the realm.

The Gligar barkeep had disappeared behind the crossbar, watching intrigued rather than scared that his bar was going to be wrecked in what usually followed. Fights must've been a common occurrence here. Asaito chose the wrong place to strike a professional deal.
"Wanna see a trick?" the Vigoroth said nastily, grabbing a bottle from the bar.

"Nope," Asaito said nonchalantly. "I'm the one who'll be showing you tricks!" Water materialized on his hands as he made a drawing motion from his waist; the bottle that was fired was caught in a ethereal, floating sword of water. The Vigoroth was stunned by surprise and he was unable to defend himself when the Greninja advanced, and swung the sharp blade of water, striking the monkey on the head with his own bottle. The Gunk Shot that was coming from the Garbodor exploded on the bar, sending shrapnel and bits of wood everywhere, but the Greninja had jumped off, and now his image was everywhere, thanks to the Double Team and his speed.

The bar started fighting the mirages, but the Garbodor with the cape knew something was up. He belched the berries he'd eaten in a stinky blast that shook the ceiling, but he missed again. Asaito landed behind him like an acrobat and swirled sideways, his blade cutting through the heavy Pokemon's butt, tearing the deep blue cloak apart. "Nice cloak," said Asaito, "your mom sew that?"

That one was screaming, but others let out a battle cry as they approached, enraged rather than hindered by the Greninja's fast progress. The frog charged at them like a madman, bellowing, "ASAITO!"

Water emerged from the wooden floor and he slid onto it in a drift. He was so fast and the force of the water so strong that he washed right through their feet and emerged in the middle of them while they were still squirming on the ground. He raised his watery sword, ready to stab it into a Throh, but he changed his mind. Instead he let the water rise and flood the bar. He didn't intend to drown them, of course, or kill anyone - that would draw too much attention from the Sky Guard, and he wasn't quite feeling up to letting everyone know he was in town.

"I know this may sound weird," the Greninja shouted, "but I just wanted someone to help me raid the citadel."

"WH-UH!" the drowning mon below him yelled. Someone sent sharp leaves shooting right at him, so he had to jump and hang himself from the ceiling.

"You," Asaito said, pointing at the barkeep, who was carefully hidden the entire time. "Any ideas where I could find some capable 'mon?"

"You wanna a crew to rob the citadel, son?" the Gligar asked him behind the crossbar, "damn, kids these days..."

"Fine," Asaito said, exiting the bar, "I'll do it myself."

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Masculine, handsome skipping.
|Cassandra "Peacekeeper" Eldren and Matthew "Punisher" Blaze.|
15/10/1059

The first thing Punisher remembered when he woke up was that he had started placing a keg opening into his mouth... and that was it. Everything else was simply a blur of sounds and images. Sure he remembered SOME part of it. He hat talked to Cass about... something. He remembered that he was chugging down some other kegs. Uh... oh! He remembered people shouting something that night, but that was really it. His head kept on throbbing and he found himself having to drink down loads of water. It didn't help that, apparently, he had passed out when some sort of news came in that the village was about to be attacked. He really wasn't sure where he would be needed, but thankfully as he moved among the tents that had been set up he caught sight of Cass.

"Hey!" He said with a chuckled as he walked up, "Some crazy party, huh?"

Cassandra turned, gasping slightly once she saw whom it was. She glanced around nervously, trying not to make eye contact. "Oh... hey, Punisher. Yeah, completely crazy. Ehehe..." She forced an awkward smile, hoping that maybe the Machamp would be too drunk to remember anything.

Punisher tilted his head as he rubbed his head with one hand, "Uh... everything okay?" He asked. "If you have somewhere to be, I don't want to keep you. Preparations for the battle and all!" He said with a hearty chuckle.

"Oh no, everything is fine!" Cassandra said, holding her hands behind her back. "Right, preparations. I decided I should probably stay here and help with the defense of Amoon. What about you?"

"Oh I'm staying too. They need me here." He said as he flexed his upper arms, "You know, cause I'm strong and all."

Cassandra nodded. "Of course." The Lilligant stood silent, casually looking around the village for a few moments. "Well, I guess we should prepare ourselves then, shall we?"

Punisher nodded, "Yeah of course!" He frowned at Cass, "You SURE everything's alright? You just seem a bit jumpy."

"I'm fine," Cassandra reassured Punisher, smiling as she did. "I just... I had a little too much to drink last night, is all!"

Punisher frowned, "Look, I heard things got hectic all last night. I straight out passed out you know!" He said as he smiled a bit, "We all do stupid stuff, though did you hear?" He looked about before whispering, "I heard some Glaceon tried to get it on with the Emperor at the table! Heh, guess everyone can forget that time on the ship now huh?"

"I heard about that," Cassandra replied, chuckling halfheartedly at the mention of the airship. "You said you passed out? How much did you drink?"

"Uh... I can't remember." He burst into laughter and shook his head, "No worries. I don't think it was too much. I've been told I can get a bit emotional when I drink too much."

"So you don't remember anything?" Cassandra asked. In hindsight, asking questions to avoid other questions was a pretty terrible strategy, but she felt the need to be sure that Punisher had no recollection of the event.

Punisher slowly nodded, "Not really. I remember there was a circle... uh... I remember talking to you a bit... sorry can't really remember any words." He said with a weak smile, "Were we talking about something important?"

Peacekeeper rubbed the back of her neck slightly. "Nothing important, I don't think. You were kind of drunk, talking about how you could beat up Thrace all by yourself. It was funny, I thought."

Punisher smiled at that, "Heh, I'm glad I could make you smile." He quickly blushed, "Uh, I mean, you always smile and I'm just glad... I got to go." He quickly made his way past Cass as he rubbed at his face. Dammit Punisher you almost let it out!

Cassandra glanced at Punisher as he walked past, debating what she should do. On the one hand, she could ignore it, and it'd probably never come up again. On the other hand, from the way Punisher was so quickly trying to leave, it seemed that he did indeed have some kind of feelings for her. She stood for a minute, before finally coming to a decision. It was now or never. "Punisher... wait!"

Punisher paused and quickly turned around, "Uh... hey Cass... I just remembered that I really really need to uh... head... uh... to the walls!" He quickly said with a chuckle, "I need to... er.... move some wood that's it!" He chuckled nervously. "So uh, no worries we can talk later!"

Cassandra rushed forward, grabbing one of the Machamp's arms. "Or, we can talk now. I think we should."

Punisher stared silently at Cass, his tense posture slowly relaxing, "Uh... a-about what?" He croaked out. "D-Did something happen?"

Cassandra sighed. She didn't want to embarrass the poor 'mon, but she had to say something. "Last night... I mean, you were pretty drunk, but you said something right before you passed out." She paused for a moment, thinking of how best to word what she needed to say. "You kind of... said you liked me."

Now there was no hiding Punisher's growing blush as he struggled to find words. He let out a soft gasp of air before he hung his head, "I... Look I really have to. Uh... " He began to sweat a bit, "B-Besides in the gold tribe... I mean we're in a war." He chuckled nervously, "Who has time for dates during a war, right?"

Cassandra chuckled nervously. "Not now, of course," she said with a small smile. "But... maybe some time later? I... I think it would be fun."

Punisher's blush was so bright at that point and his body was shaking from nerves as he nervously gulped, "Y-You really mean that? I-I-I w-would lik-like it too."

"It's a date, then," Cassandra said with grin, patting the Machamp's arm slightly to calm his nerves. "When we have a spare moment."

Punisher nodded a bit, a smile slowly forming along his face, "Uh... y-yeah." He said with a shaky voice, "Uh... I have to go and help with some stuff. I'll find you after, okay?" He smiled and reached down, lightly holding her hands in his lower pair. "I'll prove myself." He said with a firm nod, "Uh..." He suddenly frowned, "Tavhir... uh, does he know?"

"Well," Cassandra hasn't thought about what her brother might think. She couldn't imagine him being harsh towards it, but at the same time... "He doesn't, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we should probably prepare for the defense."

Punisher nodded, "Right! Uh... I'll see you around." He said with a small smile. With that he was off, though there was a bit more hop in his step. Cassandra couldn't help but smile as he left. When everything was calmer, she at least had something fun to look forward to.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
One little Gerrick swinging from some chains...​

"Hm... let's see... hum de hum." The Weavile mused to himself as he pulled each and every tool out of his pack. It was a small pack, but most of the tools he pulled out simply needed to extended to full length or were placed in smaller packs that could hold them in tight spaces. There were leather rods, ball gags, blindfolds, and all manner of devices that could cause massive amounts of pain. The key was to cause said pain without killing the patient.

"Are you ready?" The dark type asked as he looked over his shoulder at Gerrick. The Krookodile was currently hanging from the ceiling, a small pool of water that had been poured into a large crate placed underneath him. Steel chains connected his wrists behind his back and extended up to the ceiling. likewise other chains connected his feet and tail tip together. The interrogator strolled up and gave him a small push to let him swing, "So, first question. What was your purpose among the Gold Tribe? What goals were you told to complete?"

"Ya know," Gerrick began in a somewhat annoyed tone. He looked around the room, his eyes traveling from the torture devices, the torturer, and the cell he was in. "If ya take me down now, I'll just tell ya everythin'. No secrets are worth my life," He said with a shrug. "Just... stop with all the weird funky stuff, it's kinda cliche. I mean, really? If I were really some big-time spy, none of this would really work. Spies, real spies, are trained not to break, ya know."

The interrogator rolled his eyes as he grabbed a piece of iron by the handle that had been sitting in a fire bath and held it up, steam slowly rising from it as he kept his voice low, "I know what I can do prisoner. So, answer the question or this is being pressed against your leg." He smirked, "Heh, might hobble you quite a bit if I apply it to your knees."

"Yeah, OK," Gerrick agreed as his eyes glanced to the burning piece of iron in the Weavile's hands. "Just don't ya dare do anything to me. Cuz if you do, when I get out, I'll find ya. Just sayin'," Gerrick tried to shrug, but the act was hard in the position he was in. "... that was me shruggin'," He explained. "Alright... so what was the question again? Oh yeah... I didn't have a purpose in the Gold Tribe, really at first. I was attached to the job at the Deathbringer place... thing. As a merc, claw-for-hire. I didn't know Shadowrend was who he was. I mean, I heard of the guy, but I didn't know he was my bro from way back. Hadn't seen the guy in years."

Gerrick closed his eyes for a moment as the memories of his childhood flooded into his mind. He opened them again to realize his situation once more. "Lots of 'mon die on the battlefield, and at that point is the perfect opportunity for a lil... collecting. The dead don't need their things, after all. Not where they're goin'. Shadowrend was already dead when I saw him. I saw he looked 'xactly like me, so I put on his armor and made it back here. I figure I'd pop it on, head back to town and collect anything else he had, and be on my way," Gerrick sighed deeply and rolled his eyes. "Buuuut, one of yer Gold people spotted me and brought me up to the rest, and I got in this mess."

"I see..." The Weavile frowned and lowered his weapon just a bit, "So then, let me ask this. Why'd you stay? If you were so intent on leaving, why stay for so long?" He began to pace around Gerrick, "Surely you must have wanted to get away? Impersonating a Gold Tribe member is a serious crime here on Exathor." He said.

"I... got offered a job," Gerrick explained. "Money was too good, even if bein' in the Gold guys was a bit more dangerous than I'm used to. In my line of work, when someone offers you that much shine, you take the damn job."

"Who gave it to you?" The Weavile asked, "Full name and where you were contacted." He demanded.

"I'm... not really good with names or places. All I know is what he's known as, and what 'mon don't know he's known as," Gerrick explained. "Lower me down, my a*s is itchin' like crazy."

The interrogator stared and sighed, "I warned ya." Without missing a bit he whipped his arm around and placed his heated iron against Gerrick's leg. The result would have no doubt been blisters that would quickly rise up from his skin along with a load of pain. "No riddles here. And you were doing so good." The Weavile said in a hurt tone, "I was about to give you a A plus after all."

Gerrick growled in pain. This was followed by a string of nasty expletives leaving the Krookodile's mouth. He gritted his teeth angrily and glared at the Weavile. "Yer goin' to regret that," He spat. "When I get outta here, I'm comin' for ya. An' not just you. Yer friends, yer family. Yer f*ckin' toast," Gerrick sighed again. "'Mon call him master, but I wouldn't say he really is one. But I guess he is pretty wise. Or so they say."

The ice type stared silently at him as he heard those words, "Y-You... you can't be se.... " He shook his head, "Dammit! You know, that means now I have to set about having to write this down now!" He snapped angrily. He stomped over to the desk in the corner and wrote on a piece of paper, "You could have simply said something but oh no, you had to make it hard." He looked up to glare back at Gerrick, "It really is your own damn fault that you ended up getting that iron. Act good enough and I won't have to do that again." He said as he put his pen down, "It's a reward system. You do good, you don't get burned. Understand?" He went to the door and banged on it, waiting until it opened and he handed the Snivy on the other side the paper, "Get that to the Emperor. Pronto."

He slammed the door shut and looked back at Gerrick, "Heh, how long have you been working for this master? If it's who I think it is... " He shook his head, "Everything you've been doing for him, now!" He snapped as he pointed at Gerrick, "Tell me enough secrets and I'll assure that you'll have a far more pleasant stay here."

"Not long, but... well, I did learn one other thing while I was workin' with him," Gerrick began. "See, like I said, there's what he's known as, also what most 'mon don't know he's known as. Most 'mon know he's a master and wise and stuff, but a lot of 'mon don't know that he takes care of a lot of 'mon too. Kinda like... a caretaker."

The Weavile walked up to him closer, a frown on his face, "A caretaker?" He asked. "Care to explain how he takes care and all?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"Hey, I don't really know more than that," Gerrick replied as he tried to shrug his shoulders again. "But you tell that to the right 'mon and that should be more than enough to get me the hell outta here, right?"

The dark type snorted, "Why should it? I've never heard of this Caretaker." He waved his hand dismissively. "For all I know you're just making up random names now."

Gerrick grinned. "... How 'bout you go pass that along to someone smarter than you and then get back to me. Cause I'm guessin' this is way above yer pay grade."

The Weavile rolled his eyes and once more made another letter, muttering as he went back to the door and got another messenger to send out the note. "So then, what else do ya know?" He asked, "You have to know more... or else I'm going to just stick this iron right up against your tail hole." He said with a devious smirk.

"I know he made me stay with the Gold guys to spy on them, and report back to him," Gerrick continued to explain. "I know he also wanted me to collect something for him in a certain place at that... yard... stone... thing. Buuut, that's about it."

He sighed, "I know you have more in there. If this whole Caretaker thing is a big deal it must mean you're holding back." He held up the iron, "So... talk or this is jammed up yer ass."

"I just gave you something!" Gerrick complained. His eyes went from anxious and a tad fearful to filled with anger. "... If you stick that with me again, you'll regret it," Gerrick warned. He motioned to the steel chains attaching him. "Know how strong my teeth can be? How long do you think these'll hold before I burst out and rip you apart? I'm giving you everything I know, but keep pissin' me off an' yer a goner."

The interrogator frowned, "Then why even let me hit you the first time?" He asked, "Why give info you didn't have to give? You could have given it easily and you could have run away if that's the case. You some masochist or something?"

"Well... I uh..." Gerrick hesitated, looking around the room again. "Takes a while to break through the chains... and I wanted to uh... you know, you should really just get the other guys! Since you don't even know what this is all about. That way, I could actually get something out of the info I'm giving ya."

The Weavile stared at him before he opened the door and shouted out, "Yo! You, you, and you! Keep watch over this prisoner! He's high security! Add more chains to him as well!" A Gurdurr, Banette, and Duskull all come in, the two ghosts giggling at the scene, or was that at Gerrick's painful looking blister on his knee? Still the interrogator walked on out, "So then I got the other guys here, and I'll head out to get even more guys! Thanks for the great idea croc! I'm sure nothing bad will happen with a few ghosts overlooking ya."

Gerrick's face pouted into an annoying and slightly anxious scowl. He hung from the ceiling, swinging left and right and sighed. "Well... here I am."

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Pedro and the Airship
Featuring Zack, Faery and Pendro.
13/10/1059

The next day, Zack woke early with the chirping birds after a disquiet night's sleep. He headed downstairs and munched on his breakfast like an animal; luck had it that Faery the female Granbull was there too. "Hey," he said, "weren't you the one carrying Pedro around?"

"Pedro? Is that what his real name is?!" the Granbull said, quite shocked.

Zack just stared at her blankly for a few seconds, then he remembered he was eating, so he stuffed his mouth and chewed, still staring at the Granbull. "Umm... sure? Listen dude..." he stopped, noticing the features of the Granbull. "... ette... I and Pendro are pals. Get him to the construction site, we'll be working wonders today. It's like, really important, hear?"

"Hear," the Granbull flashed a thumbs up.

"Thanks," the Electabuzz nodded and grabbed the rest of his plate, downing it into his mouth in one go, then standing up from the bench rather abruptly and heading off the wooden dinner hall.

"NO! You can't do this, please! It's too early, I'm hungry, I'm dead, I'm your superior and you're fired! Oh, for heaven's sake, why has Arceus forsaken me...!?" The Metang - who was hoping he'd be left to rest - found himself dragged out of his nice comfy bed at an hour quite a bit earlier than he'd have liked. It took a while to register that he was probably waking the other patients with his rambling, but frankly, he was a little too desperate to care. "Sorry! But also please help! Someone? Nurs-PHUH." Pendro's mouth was clasped shut, and he looked up with a frown at his kidnapper. "Phert huss erxtrmmlr rrrd!"

Faery smiled down at Pendro. "What's that? I'm sorry, I can't hear you." Reaching Mind made a few more muffled sounds that seemed to be insults. "Sorry, brothers, sisters, this one gets a little cranky; got to get him his medicine." Another stream of insult-muffles followed from the Metang, then faded off as the two 'mon left. A few yards out of the Garden Clinic, the kidnapper saw it fit to relinquish her grip on Pendro's mouth.

"-Level of inconsideration is unbelievable!" The Metang cried. "If this whole war blows over, there's bound to be a lawsuit- rurgrrdung mrr- HURR!"

"Sorry, can't have you shouting. Poor little Pedro."

"Thrrts PURRNDRURR!"

"Alright, better take you on over to your Electabuzz buddy. You know, it's really impressive the work they're doing..."

And so, the two Pokémon made their way to the construction site - well, technically, Faery made the way for both of them - neither listening to the others' chatterings.

The construction site, like pretty much all of Amoon, quite easily managed to appear a wonderfully picturesque setting. Even the large skeleton of the airship being built didn't seem particularly out of place. Admittedly, the sounds of saws scraping and engines spluttering didn't meld too nicely with the gentle trickle of the nearby river, but the natural setting at least helped to ease the harsh mechanical drone of machinery.

There was Zack, working on his own separate machine off to the side, and approaching him were the Granbull and the Metang. Faery wore a wide grin, and Pendro wore decidedly the opposite.

"Ah, Pendro," Zack shouted, raising his head from the machine when he saw the two approaching, "there you are. You know a few things about levitation, right, well guess what, I'm kinda in need for just that right now. I'm makin' an ejector seat... but don't tell anyone."

"Ooh, secrets!" Faery squealed. "I love secrets! And ejector thingamajigs, probably." Pendro groaned something inaudible from beneath Faery's hand, at which the Granbull removed it. "So, you two are friends?"

"Please don't." Pendro muttered. "Just... please, don't."

"Hell yea," Zack shouted, "we're friends. How's your recovery, Pendro? Do you need this guy... errr... girl for carrying you around?"

Pendro grimaced. "You, ah... you could say that."

"I'm his helper!" Faery announced cheerily.

"You're my kidnapper." The Metang snapped.

"Kidnapper, shmishnapper."

"That... is not a valid point. I don't know why you're deluded to the point where that's considered a valid point."

"Deluded, shmeluded. Also, mean."

Zack took a strange expression while looking at the two. "Well, are you two gonna help or what?"

"Ooh! Yup! Pick me, pick me!" Faery waved an arm in the air, sparing a glance at Pendro to catch the repression of his annoyance.

The Electabuzz looked at Faery long and hard, squaring his mouth, as if he was thinking what to do next. "Go stand there," he said, pointing somewhere to the side.

"Pff." Faery got up in a huff, putting Pendro down and walking over to the designated spot. "Alright, slavedriver. Don't overwork me, now."

Zack nodded absently and turned to Pendro. His face was lit, as if he was seeing him for the first time. "Hi!" he said, "please tell me you've read some books about levitation. This seat could do with some."

Pendro seemed to brighten up for a moment. "Oh, many. Many, many books on levitation - for an ejector seat? You'd probably want a controlled but forceful kind; needs to be fast, after all, but when involving 'mon it can't risk splatting them against the-" The Metang paused his stream of information to shudder. "Erm, never mind that. A regulated Psychic propulsion system, perhaps?"

Zack scratched his head, looking at his notes. On the table nearby, there was a psychic crystal. He grabbed it and placed it on the ground in front of Pendro, saying, "I suppose the seat has to have that built-in for the propulsion to be successful. Still, the system needs to be programmed in the crystal, and I've no idea how to do that. Would you mind...?" He grabbed the wrench from his belt and started working on the seat in front of him, letting Pendro do his magic.

Reaching mind glanced up at Zack, one of his metallic eyebrows raising. "Would I mind what, exactly? Pardon me for being inconvenient, but I'm a little bit completely immobilized, if you'd forgotten."

"Arceus, Pendro, you don't need to be moving to fix that gem," Zack laughed, "just program it."

"Oh, erm, sure, I'll do that - a psychic crystal, is it? Just, uh... just move it a little bit closer. Can't quite get into it. It's just a little past that grass patch, there, just... put it on my head or something. That'll make it easier. Be gentle." Pendro's eyes motioned to the grass patch, one of the claws on his right hand twitching as if to reach for it.

Zack exhaled noisily from his nostrils, grabbed the crystal from the grass and placed it between the Metang's hand, all the while trying to maintain his patience.

"Oh, erm, hand works too, I suppose."

"I'm bored." Faery moaned.

"I'm sure you probably are." Pendro responded in a similar tone, rolling his eyes before beginning to tinker with the crystal via an unseen force as his eyes began to glow. "Now, let's have a look here - ah, perfect. Like Lego but with powerful psychokinetic energies. Wonderful - oh, by Reshiram's flaming tail, does it feel good to be doing something, again. Right, let's see here... central thrust, about... that much, and then some little blasts of stabilisation around the outside. Physics." He paused, glancing up at Zack. "The ejector seat is designed to go upwards, right? Vertically? Skyward?"

Zack nodded, "Naturally, vertically. I wouldn't want to snap my neck on a tree."

"Are you sure?" Pendro asked, before shaking his head and clicking the box lightly with his hand. "Alrighty, that should do it. Up, up and away. Hopefully in that order."

The Electabuzz arched his brows, looking up from the seat he was working on. "You just moved, dude!"

The Metang frowned and folded his arms. "Pfft, don't be facetious, Zack. You know I'm immobilized."

Zack raised his wrench, "if that's the case then, how about I fix you up? Faery, do you have any objections?"

"Many!" Faery shouted.

"Erm, Zack? Are you th-threatening me? Y-you can't threaten a person who's immobilized! That's like punching someone with glasses. It's universal; in fact, I believe for a brief period in 954, it was made law by several noble officials who were greatly appalled-"

"Trust me, man, I'm the surgeon of machines," Zack shouted, "you'll be up and running in a jiffy."

"You mean those machines that crashed and burned on the walls of-" Pendro stopped himself, glancing down in shame. "Erm, sorry, that was out of line. Also, w-why am I above the ground? Is someone picking me up? Put me down! Put me down, please! Don't drop!"

Zack snickered, hitting Pendro's steel head with his wrench, producing a metallic sound. "This is gonna be fun."

Pendro waved his arms in front of Zack furiously as he began to back away. "No, I'm, uh, pretty sure it won't be! Believe me, I've read over seventy-seven definitions of fun and I'm not sure that any of them relate to- oh, I am moving." Pendro stopped for a moment, before his eyes widened in realisation. "I'm moving again! Haha! There's no reason to fix me!"

"I just fixed you. YOU'RE WELCOME!" Zack shouted.

"Oh, this is the happiest I've been in a while..."

"But then I won't have to be your helper any more!" Faery called.

"Oh, this is the happiest I've been in a while..." The Metang repeated.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
OOC: If you haven't already, please read the prequel to this post in the RP Sample here.

An Afternoon's Introductions:
Isak Mategu, Beryl Ibha
15/10/1059

It had only been three weeks, but it had felt like an eternity that Beryl and Isak had struggled to get home to Union City. Today, however, was their last day of struggling: the City was less than a mile away now, after a number of hours of walking after breaking camp. The afternoon sun shone down upon it's mighty spires and white walls, fully visible in all their breathtaking glory. The time was nigh, and Beryl could feel herself shaking with anticipation. She would finally be able to relax for a while.

She glanced over at her partner, the one she was indebted to with her life, a Buneary named Isak. Like the older Donphan, he was also of the Gold Tribe, and, even with all her experience over the years, probably one of the strangest she has ever met. However, even with his strange habits and even stranger medicine, the smell of which she had finally started to ignore, she would not be within spitting distance of if it weren't for him... Huh? Where'd he go? They had definitely been walking together shortly before...

She stopped walking forward and turned her head to see the path she had walked. The Buneary was there, standing still with his eyes closed. Whenever he did that, he usually proceeded to talk about the "spirits" of the land and they were feeling. It was very strange of him to just stop like that when their goal, the reason they were moving in the first place, was so close.

She wandered up to him.

"What is wrong, Isak?"

The Buneary did not answer, initially. Instead, he seemed focused on something. His ears were both extended, also unusual; he normally had one extended and the other coiled. After a few seconds, however...

"We are being followed."

The revelation alerted Beryl. Someone was following them? So close to home?

"By whom?"

"I... cannot say for certain. It is someone very skilled at hiding his presence. However..."

He turned towards the forest they had just left and assumed an aggressive pose.

"I know you're there. Show yourself", he shouted. It wasn't idle chat, it was a command: Come out or I will chase you out.

A minute passed without movement. Whomever it was must have been deliberating on what to do. They'd better decide quickly. Beryl had seen little Isak run, and he definitely lived up to his title of "the Deft".

"You noticed me, hmm?"

The voice came from behind them both. Beryl and Isak both turned their head at the voice.

"Tsk, tsk, I'm losing my touch. Or maybe that is just how good the Gold Tribe is?"

The voice belonged to a Lucario. He wore a monocle on his left eye, and a black suit coat that was custom-tailored to not cover his chest spike. He stared at the pair, his head cocked to the right with a puzzled look on his face.

"My, my, my. You poor Donphan. You look absolutely terrible at the moment. How have you not seen a doctor for your wounds, yet?"

He was addressing Beryl now. Beryl had a sense that the Lucario would do them no harm, but... Something was definitely off about him. She was going to reply to him when Isak spoke up.

"Who are you?" The Buneary was still in his aggressive pose. Whoever he was, the Lucario had not made a good impression on the Buneary. Beryl could tell that. In fact... was he shaking? The Lucario responded before Beryl could turn back to face him.

His reply was prompt. "I am Adolphus, servant to Emperor Dareon and field agent of the Secret Intelligence Agency, stationed in Union City. I have come to inform you that it is not safe for the Gold Tribe, or the Emperor for that matter, in Union City."

He stuck one of his paws into the pocket of jacket and pulled out a small glowing gem. Beryl had seen something similar once before, a teleportation gem which was used to teleport large numbers of troops to the battlefield during the Windseer Rebellion. Where was the Lucario taking them?

"I suggest you do not resist as I take you to where you should be."

The gem glowed a dull purple.

Isak cried out at the sight. "Where are you taking us, you stu-"

He was cut off by a flash of light.

Distraught Realization:
Isak Mategu, Beryl Ibha, Lenora Tarikoss
15/10/1059

Lenora stood in the village square, directing other Gold Tribe men and women about their work. The enemy was advancing, or so the letter had said, and a proper defense needed to be mounted. She turned towards her right, seeing Tavhir approaching alongside a Grotle, the grass-type carrying large, unassembled planks of wood on his back. "Restless, Stoneclaw," the Xatu called out, "assemble the barricades along the main road here."

"Right," Tavhir replied, running forwards towards the street behind Lenora, Stoneclaw following close behind. They immediately went to work, placing the wood and building the small structures accordingly. Lenora watched for a moment, when a sudden tapping at her shoulder grabbed her attention.

"Seer," a voice said. Lenora turned to face the speaker, a small Tranquill, flapping his wings as he hovered in front of the Xatu. "No sign of the enemy yet. We've begun setting traps along the outside of the walls."

Lenora nodded once. "Good work, Spotter," she replied. "Assemble the ranged fighters atop the walls, and if we have any more barricades, place them just outside."

"As you say," Spotter answered, flapping his wings quickly and taking to the skies. Lenora watched as he ascended, before returning her attention one more to their preparations. All the Gold Tribe ran to and fro hurriedly as they prepared for the impending assault.

"Arceus be with us," Lenora thought to herself.

Lenora's thoughts were interrupted by a burst of psychic energy in the midst of the square. From within, a voice could be heard.

"-pid wolf!?"

Lenora turned her head in surprise, a brilliant light suddenly encompassing the square where she stood. She stared, unblinking, as voices could be heard from within.

"I have taken you where you are needed most." It was a deeper voice than the one that had been heard before.

"Where we are needed? We're needed by our fellow Gold Tribesmen at once, not in some place that an unknown Lucario decides to take us!" As the psychic burst dissipated, the impatient voice was identified as that of a small Buneary. He was aggressively staring at a well-dressed Lucario.

"Uh, Isak?" A third voice, belonging to the Donphan with them, spoke up.

Oblivious to his surroundings, the Buneary kept peppering the Lucario with questions.

"What do you mean the Gold Tribe and the Emperor are not safe in Union City? How are we supposed to know if you are telling the truth!?"

"I believe I can vouch for him," Lenora stated, staring at the trio intently. "Union City is no longer the safe haven it once was." The calm voice did not seem to reach the angered Buneary.

Beryl had already noticed the Xatu standing nearby. On her wing was a piece of fabric with the Gold Tribe insignia. Wherever they were now, there was definitely a Gold Tribe presence.

Unlike the Buneary, she had heard of the Secret Intelligence Agency before, and the teleportation gem had cinched the Lucario's identity. Wherever they were now... She looked around. They were in the midst of a town. Around her, she could see more Gold Tribesmen seemingly preparing for a defensive battle.

"Isak." Beryl quietly tried to grab his attention.

He reacted to her stern, quiet voice and quickly turned around, noticing the Xatu and... his facial expression quickly turned from anger to shock.

"Isak?"

Beryl could not tell what was racing through the Buneary's mind at the moment. Whatever it was was unimportant. There was haste and distress in the air. Gold Tribe building fortifications for a town? Something was afoot. Even the Lucario that had taken them there had raced off,

"May I ask your name?"

Lenora identified the battle-worn Donphan by the Gold Tribe insignia on her unbroken tusk. "Lenora Tarikoss. Called "Seer" by the Gold Tribe."

"Lenora? I am Beryl Ibha, "Steamroller". Isak Mategu, "the Deft", is my... distraught companion. What is going on here?"

The Xatu stood motionless, closing her eyes momentarily as if formulating her response, before locking sight with the Donphan. "Our enemies gather in the north. An army twenty thousand strong, led by Lord Teneth, is encamped in the former dwelling of the Trade Prince Achilles Proudmoore, the Crystal Palace." The Xatu glanced at her comrades as they fortified the city to the best of their ability. "We are preparing for a siege, and mounting a defense with what little time we have."

"Lord Teneth?" Beryl shuddered at that name. "He is no Lord to me any longer." He was lower than the garbage on the streets of Pyrgos. After his actions at Deathbringer's Mark, Beryl felt like retching whenever she heard that name. To think that she fought to place him as Lord of Pyrgos eleven years ago. She nearly lost her life then... for what? Only to have him turn his back against his people like he did with Beryl?

Isak must have noticed her distress as he spoke up to change the topic, free from his shock. "We are... in Amoon Village, yes?" Beryl perked up at his voice.

Lenora eyed the Buneary. He did not face her, though she could see his tiny face. It was a mixture of emotions, though she could not read it.

"That is correct. Home of the Otori and Lord Kymotonian... you are from Amoon?"

"...I am."

Lenora did not have to read his face. "Then we shall do our duty to defend it."

Isak did not know what to think. His mind was aflush with memories of his childhood, his family. He grew up dumb to the realities of war. The idea that he would end up fighting this war in his home... it was unthinkable. The same war as that at Deathbringer's mark. The same battle where thousands of his kin had fallen, their spirits succumbed to the will of the spirit of death.

Why did the destruction of his homeland have to occur on the same day that he had finally escorted Beryl to Union City? Beryl needed her wounds checked by a real doctor before seeing combat, and they both needed rest. Out of the two of them, Isak was the most suited to seeing combat, but even he felt fatigued from the trek.

What could be done about the situation, though? It's not like their enemies would be waiting for the Gold Tribe to recuperate fully. Like a wild Arbok, they would strike when their foe would least suspect it.

He turned to the Xatu, looking up at her, and straight in her eyes.

"We shall defend it." He was angry that it had come to this, but he knew the best chance for the survival of the Gold Tribe and Amoon Village rested in fighting for it.

Beryl had watched the Buneary struggle with his conflicting emotions. She felt much the same as he did, but she would not have to watch her home be destroyed. Rather, she would be watching the Lord of her own home do the destroying. Though she hated the thought of doing so without rest, she owed Isak her life so she would do whatever she could to help him.

"We shall defend it together, Isak. Nothing will stop me from fulfilling my duty as your sister and fighting against those who would attempt to destroy this nation, especially your home."

Lenora, however, did not show emotion at the proclamations. She just closed her eyes to focus on the task at hand.

"So how can we help?" asked Isak.

"You can start by aiding Restless and Stoneclaw," she said, unfurling her wing to motion towards a Pawniard and a Grotle loaded down with large logs.

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Bearing the Consequences​

Petrina "Vanguard" Levitt, Crown Prince Cyrus, Emperor Dareon and some douche tree​

Everyone had woken up early. The morning rays of the sun permeated through the open windows of the Hall of Garland's house, giving an orange light to the table below. Some of the Gold Tribe, as well as the nobility, Lord Kymotonian and Emperor Dareon had seated themselves on the longtable and were having the breakfast for a long day ahead of them.

Petrina somberly entered the hall. Somewhere in the back of her mind was the most obvious effects of the very few drinks she'd had last night - the all-too-familiar headache and nausea that followed this kind of thing - but that wasn't why she was dragging herself in like a mon condemned. Filling her mind were the rather vivid images of last night, when the Glaceon had very nearly... well, jumped the Emperor. She hoped it had just been some crazy dream, but she doubted it. Looking up, she saw Dareon, but almost immediately put her eyes forward again and painted her trademark smile upon her face, not daring to meet eyes with the Ampharos.

The Trevenant, Lord Kymotonian, clapped his branches together and let out a sound that seemed eerily close to laughter, when he saw Petrina. "Welcome, welcome!" the ghost said, "would you have a seat? I see the Emperor is vacant at the moment." His whole family of nobles burst into laughter, some spilling their berry juice. The Gold Tribe was deadly silent under Garland's unflinching, unamused gaze; no one would react to the lord's jokes with their leader looking at them like that.

Petrina gave a polite bow of her head, maintaining a smile and trying to keep a composed voice at any cost. "Truly, I am flattered by the offer, but -" Her head raced as she scrambled for an excuse. "- really, I am only a common mon, it would be uncouth if I were to intrude." Petrina's heart sank as it was all but confirmed everything she'd suspected had happened was indeed real.

"Intrude?!" Lord Kymotonian chimed, "not at all! In fact, we've been expecting you. The First Lady of Union and Alliance could not be missing from the table, could she?" he said mockingly.

Garland gestured at Petrina to sit down. If Lord Kymotonian was displeased, that would complicate things terribly between the Gold Tribe and the village.

Petrina again ran her head wild, thinking through almost any excuse she could to get out of the situation, but she realised there wasn't any point keeping up this facade, dragging herself forward with her ears tucked behind her head and her gaze fully fixed on the ground in front of her. As she approached the table, she muttered beneath her breath, a beg for mercy that wouldn't be heard by the ears of any other mon, although it clearly wouldn't be any use even if it were. "Please be gentle."

The other 'mon ignored her, or perhaps they didn't hear her, but they let her sit on the table. Her breakfast was served in front of her, but she seemed to refuse to even touch it, or say a word at all. As long as the nobles were quiet, they wouldn't be doing things like taking her away from her duties or tarnishing her name forever. The Hall was quiet for a bit, the sound of the tableware present only. Lord Kymotonian was being fed some sort of sap-juice by a servant, when he said, looking at Petrina, "can't eat, eh? I hear it's a common occurrence among girls of your age, my lady. Butterfree in your stomach every time you see him, lack of appetite, blushing cheeks! Oh, I know that quite well!" Petrina continued her blunt refusal to speak, instead tilting her head and glaring at the Trevenant in a fashion that surely other mon would find withering.

Lord Kymotonian cooed, "look at that! Those wounded eyes!" He turned to the Emperor, "what do you think of her, your Highness? How does she look?"

Dareon seemed to have been seething from anger this whole time. A vein was bulging on his temple, but he never failed to look regal, even after a night of heavy drinking, and never failed to act properly, even after the lord's stingy comments. He looked sternly at Petrina, his hand tightened around the base of a glass of milk. His son Cyrus was also looking at Petrina, but in the Beartic's look there was more pity.

"She looked like a common servant after my first dozen of ales," Dareon said solidly, now turning to look at the Trevenant with a forced, courteous smile. "And you cannot blame me, when you know so well how fun servant girls can be?" That left the lord speechless for a moment, and Dareon returned to his drink, hiding a half satisfied smile. But one of the other Trevenants of Kymotonian's family took it as an insult.

"The girls in our service are nowhere as shameless as this young... I would hardly call her lady," he said sharply, in a high pitched voice.

"You'd be surprised." Petrina shot back at the younger Trevenant. "I woke up this morning in shame like I have never felt. I, as both a member of the Gold Tribe and with somemon special already, broke boundaries that should be left uncrossed in a fit of drunken stupidity." Petrina paused for a second, now was the time she needed to form perfect sentences and choose the exact right words. "The Emperor is our guardian and protector. There is no doubt my heart is with him, but I would not be able to choose him as a partner." As she finished, the Glaceon let out a heavy sigh. She had to hope against hope that she'd defused her situation, at least for now, but she knew her words were motivated in a fit of anger as much as by reasonable thought. She gingerly awaited a response.

Crown Prince Cyrus, the Beartic, suddenly stood up and clapped his hands, breaking the silence after Petrina's comments, but also to save her from his father's response. "Well said. Well said! See, my lord," he said, turning to the Trevenant, "the Gold Tribe remains decent even in shame. I applaud this lady for her courage and boldness and I would forgive her tactless advance, were I my father."

The brothers and sisters of the Gold Tribe nodded and muttered their consent, some clapping along with Cyrus. Lord Kymotonian pursed his wooden face with disinterest, returning to his food, while Dareon seemed to contemplate what had just happened while nibbling at his food. Garland bowed his head slightly to the Crown Prince. The Prince, too, stood up, downed his drink and said, "the alcohol is to be blamed, and this is frankly no time for trivialities, my lords. I am off to see to the preparations; you who have finished your meals, follow me to the square." With that, he left the Hall.

As Petrina listened to the Crown Prince, she could almost physically feel the weight being lifted from her shoulders. With a quick motion of her paw, she moved her food away from herself, so it could easily be mistaken for another mon's, before she addressed the nobles. "Thank you for inviting me up here with you today. Maybe we'll all talk in... different circumstances some time?" Finally, as she walked away from them to follow Cyrus, the smile she wore on her face had turned back into the bold smile that defined her.

Petrina, in her haste to leave the hall, was the first mon after Cyrus to find her way into the fresh air. Looking out towards the square, she could still see the Crown Prince making his way over. Truth be told, most of her instincts told her to leave things be, but the Prince's words may have just been the turning point as much as her own - she had to at least thank the guy. Picking up her pace, she caught up to him in no time at all. "Crown Prince, I... I wanted to just take the time to thank you." Petrina bowed her head. "I think you just saved me from... me then."

Cyrus's bushy eyebrows joined and he looked at her funnily. "Crown Prince?" the Beartic laughed heartily, "my name is Cyrus, so use that, would you? And you do not have to thank me. All I did was state the truth, even if that isn't much appreciated in the court of Exathor." As he walked down the hill, he noticed the Glaceon lacked the golden garments that signified her axiom - the rebels had taken any of those when they were in captivity. "Your title is the Vanguard, correct?" he asked; he had obviously been informed. Prince Cyrus gifted her a smile. "I cannot abide our Vanguard to go without the clothing of the honorable Tribe."

A Heliolisk villager was out and about, and when he saw the Crown Prince, he gave a mighty bow. "Yer Highness!"

"Find me something golden," the Prince said cheerfully, but then glanced at Petrina, "what would you wear to honor your title?"

Petrina smiled a little, giving a pensive moment to what she would like. "So you remember my name? I'm a little flattered, if I'm honest. But really... I don't know what I want. Just choose something that we have; it was my pendant that was special to me." She stopped again with another thought. "Thank you, Cyrus. I've been feeling bare without one."

The Heliolisk went uphill as they continued to descend.

The large Beartic nodded quietly and said, "You've had a bit of bad luck. I can relate. The last thing you needed was the incident with my father."

Petrina giggled. "Yeah... that's not going to leave me alone for a while. But I don't think I'm special. I mean, I don't think any of our brothers or sisters are having good luck right now." Normally, Petrina wasn't so frank about a bad situation, but there was something about the air of Cyrus. She just felt safe to talk about the bad around him. "Even you. I mean, weren't you captured as well? Not to mention... we've got our brothers and sisters dying all around us. I know the feel of the others dying under my orders and you order us all around... I wouldn't even know how you'd handle that."

"It is a great responsibility," Prince Cyrus agreed, but at the same time, he seemed lighthearted. "A responsibility that someone has to bear."

"Puns? At a time like now?" Petrina giggled.

The Beartic shrugged his icy shoulders, grinning coyly, even slyly. "If it was not to your taste, pretend I did not say it."

"I didn't say that, not at all." Petrina nodded. "My blood-brother was a bit like that. Always used to keep me smiling when I didn't have any right to be smiling."

"Every noble heart has the right to smile... even if that noble heart has not done noble things," the Beartic said.

It seemed they were reaching the square. Cyrus climbed on a rock to inspect the happenings. Pokemon with golden bands were going to and fro, but they weren't alone: Lord Kymotonian's otori troops were helping with barricading the town and strengthening their defenses. The village itself was on a hill, so the attackers who would have to scale it would reach it weary, but its natural defense didn't stop there: on the other side of the village, there was a cliff where the water of the river poured downwards. There was only one side by which to attack the village, and if well defended, they stood a chance of surviving.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
The Imperatorium
... one week ago ...

Rax and the rest of the Imperatorium had finally made it a good distance away from the Stoneyard. The Toxicroak looked back at his group; they had definitely lost some numbers back there, but at the very least their mission was successful.

As they traversed the Hesperian plains, they eventually came to a large cave entrance. It was sizeable enough for them to camp out in and hide, away from Thrace, at least for the time being.

"Alright, listen up you sods!" Rax called out. "We're campin' out tonight. Get your tents ready, we wake up first thing in the morning, yeah?"

The mercenaries sounded off in acknowledgement, heading into the cave and setting up camp. Fires were started, beds were rolled out, and food was cooked as they settled for the night. Rax and Atris both set up their own tent, easily the biggest one of them all. Being in leadership had its privileges. Instead of a bedroll, they had a larger, foldable bed-frame and mattress, and soon enough everything was set for the night.

"So then…" Rax said almost seductively, walking up behind Atris and massaging her shoulders. "How's about I reward you for a job well-done?"

"Oh no you don't," Atris reprimanded, shoving the Toxicroak's wandering arms away. "I'm still mad at you!"

"Come on," Rax complained. "What'd I do this time?"

"You know what you did," Atris replied. Her tone of voice made it difficult to tell whether she was truly annoyed or simply teasing him. "You killed her when I specifically told you not to!"

Rax shot her a confused glance. "I kill a lot of people, love. You're gonna have to be more specific than that."

"The girl at the Nexus," Atris said. "The Lilligant woman. Gold Tribe. Remember? How could you forget?"

Rax gave a meek shrug. "What was I supposed t'do, huh? She was tryin' to kill me, then the big death bird came n' blew a hole straight through the wall!" He placed a hand on his chin for a moment, thinking back to the event in question. "I wasn't gonna kill her, I swear, but she was knocked out cold, under rubble, badly poisoned…" He examined the stingers on his hands, chuckling faintly. "Kukuku…."

Atris sighed, crossing her arms. "I had so much planned for her, too… you remember her from before, don't you?"

"She was that pissy little brat from years ago, wasn't she?" Rax asked, thinking back to those years ago. "Kept on whining about innocent people and cruelty." He scoffed slightly as the words left his mouth. "How did she even join the Gold Tribe if she was such a pacifist?"

Atris smirked, remembering the moment in question. Their last mission, before Cassandra had left and revoked their friendship. "She was so guilty over that, I remember. I'd bet good money that's why she became a goldie. To wash away the guilt."

"Kid shoulda grown a backbone," Rax said coldly.

"Well, she can't now because you went and killed her," Atris replied, though she sounded more playful than sincerely irritated. "I suppose it's of no consequence now. You went and ruined my fun. I hope you're happy."

"Why d'you want her alive so badly for, anyways?" Rax asked, confused. "I thought you hated the girl."

"I did," Atris replied matter-of-factly. "Gets all in a fuss at me for a mission gone wrong, calls the authorities, forces me to run away from Skyhaven…"

"Eh, Skyhaven was miserable," Rax interjected.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, it was wretched," Atris replied. "So uppity, so lacking in reason… but still, being forced on the run because one of your friends decided to tattle on you. It can really wear on your nerves."

"And how exactly did you plan on getting back at her?" Rax asked, still confused. "She's pushin' up daisies now. I'd think that's good enough revenge as any."

"Oh, but where's the fun in that?" Atris said with a smirk, turning and plopping herself onto the bed. "I wanted to have her whole life crumble in front of her eyes. And then, when she had nothing left… then I would have won."

"Sounds like a waste of time to me," Rax said, falling onto the opposite side of the bed beside the Braixen.

"Well, there's no sense in talking about it, I guess," Atris said nonchalantly. "You ruined all the fun. The little Pawniard boy was there too. Everything was lined up so well…"

"Pawniard boy?"

"Don't worry about it. No use in it anymore." Atris said teasingly. "You fun-ruiner, you."

"Well, how about I make it up to you?" Rax said smugly, leaning in closer to the Braixen beside him.

"Oh, and just how do you plan on doing that?" Atris said with a grin.

"I'll think of something…"

***​

His mind was a dark and inescapable labyrinth, a twisting dream of repetitive patterns that had him rolling around in his sleep. He kept seeing the same thing, over and over again, and it was a torture which he couldn't wake up from. All the time, shadows were gathered around him - taller than him, so he had to look up. They were many, seven or a dozen perhaps, and they had voices - some were mocking him, some were talking with each other and pointing at him, others were laughing. It was all too vague for him to actually hear any solid words, but he understood their meaning. They didn't think he was worthy. They thought they were better than him. Someone advised him to throw it away as soon as he could. Someone else suggested that he reforms his ways, or some nonsense like that, lest he is destroyed.

A shadow had crept up behind him, grasping him strongly by the shoulders. "It can never belong to you," it whispered, the words now crystal clear, "ours. Ours."

"Mine," someone else said.

"Mine," another voice retorted. The voices started arguing with each other, screaming shrilly and striking at one another.

"No... it's mine! AH!"

Rax awoke with a start, nearly jumping out of his bed in a vicious panic, sweating profusely. He frantically looked around him, seeing he was still in his tent. Just a terrible nightmare... except this was far more horrifying than any other dreams he could remember. Rax was not one to usually receive nightmares.

He slowly calmed himself down, wiping his brow. He looked to the side, seeing Atris sleeping soundly, despite his startled waking. He stepped up quietly, causing Atris to stir in her sleep slightly before laying still once more.

The Toxicroak walked outside of their tent. He glanced around the cavern they were in, seeing tents sprawled about the winding paths of the cave, set up by what remained of his men. Normally, they'd be on their way back to civilization, but their contractor had ordered them to wait, and truthfully, he was a little frightened by Thrace after their meeting at the Nexus. No telling what that crazy bird might do if she found them.

"Any day now..." Rax mumbled to himself. He clutched the Dark Star in his hands, the small, black crystal hanging from a chain around his neck for safe-keeping. At least... he attempted the clutch it. The crystal almost seemed to... avoid his grip. Or maybe he was frightened of actually grasping it fully. This crystal was starting to give him bad vibes. The Toxicroack had thought it to be nothing more than a battery, a source of power for the Nexus, but he was beginning to have doubts as to the simplicity of that idea. Whatever this thing was, he wanted nothing more than to be rid of it. Sell it off to the highest bidder and be on his merry way, with more gold than could be contained in any vault or bank.

He slowly wandered towards the exit of the cave, ignoring the loud snoring coming from the tents as he passed by. "Lazy mongrels..." he thought. A moment later and he was outside, covering his eyes from the harsh morning sun. No sign of Thrace... thank Arceus.

In the distance, amidst the high grass, a troop of Pokemon were approaching their cave. A scout was ahead of them, already on the foot of the mountains; he must've been looking for caves, and he had spotted them. He held a flag in deep blue colors with the Hesperian crest on it, the Swellow, and the crest of House Greyland, the head of a Zebstrika. "Rax, right?" the Dedenne scout with the flag shouted, "Lord Halford sends us. Are you well? Do you still have it?"

Rax pointed to the Dark Star around his neck. "You've got eyes, don't ya?" he asked in mockery. "Unless you thought this was just my mum's favorite necklace."

"Just checking," the small mouse shouted, "if that's indeed your mom's favorite necklace, you're in big trouble."

The others were arriving. It was a small group of three dozen men, those in the fronts carrying the banner of Lord Halford. "Rouse your men," the leader, a Heatmor commanded, "we have a long way to go and such little time. Lord Halford is impatient."

"Of course," Rax said, giving an almost insulting bow. He turned towards the cave entrance, puffing up the sac on his neck and letting out a loud yell. "RISE AND SHINE, DUCKIES, IT'S TIME TO GO! WAKEY WAKEY!" One by one, Pokemon began to exit their tents, some groaning slightly in irritation as they set about packing up.

Rax turned back towards the Dedenne scout, a coy smirk on his face. "Give 'em a minute. We'll be ready to hit the road soon."

***​

The Hesperian host had camped somewhere in the northeastern grasslands. Flags with the crest were moving gently with the wind that blew through the meadows. The sky was gloomy, a light blue and grey with the clouds that slipped off the eastern edge of the sky island; it didn't take a genius in geography to understand they were near Fargal Keep, Lord Halford's seat, which was in turn near the edge of the island.

Rax and the rest of the Imperatorium were walked through the camp by the Heatmor leader, led to a series of red colored tents that didn't seem to belong to Lord Halford's host.

"Here's the rest of your company, sellclaw. They were stuck in the ancient city's pit," the leader of the squadron informed him stiffly. "Some were harmed from the Yveltal's awakening, but I don't reckon you'll mind much, eh?"

The mercenaries were gathered around a fire in the middle of a circle of their red tents; they were a good many dozens there, but not all were there. They had suffered casualties, to be sure - from a hundred members, the Imperatorium had been reduced to sixty, give or take, but they knew what was at stake. Their reward was going to be worth it. Once they saw Rax and Atris, their leaders, their faces lit somewhat and they raised their glasses in a quiet cheer. Some stood up, too, expecting them.

"You who were with Rax," the Heatmor said deeply, turning to those behind them who were in the caves, "join the others to the fire, over there. Your leaders are going to be busy themselves with some math, if you want to see any of the gold you were promised."

"Just sit tight, loves," Rax said to his men with a smug grin. "We'll be busy securin' your life savings."

Rax and Atris were being brought to Lord Halford's tent now; you could tell it was his, because it was the biggest one in the center of the camp. Light-blue colored, and with flags bearing the crest of his family, the Zebstrika's head, stationed with spikes at each sides of the entrance. As they neared the tent, Atris leaned close to Rax, whispering to him.

"You're really going to sell it? Just like that?"

"That was the plan, wasn't it?" Rax asked curiously.

"Yes, but..." Atris thought for a moment. "Death Gods? Rebellions? All over a silly crystal?"

"They want it so bad. None o' my business why they want it. "

Atris frowned slightly. "I think this crystal is more important than you realize. I don't think you should sell it."

"What would you have me do with it, then?" Rax asked.

The Braixen had no chance to respond; the moment they entered the tent with the Heatmor and his escort, a familiar face greeted them; it was that tall and sleazy Mienshao with the mustachios that pooled on the floor around him. He was holding the black book of the Constitution; he had a strange smile on his face, one that revealed only his front teeth and didn't reach his hazel eyes. The Mienshao never looked more like a rodent who had found its meal than he did in this moment. That was the Wise Master of Laws, no doubt, and next to him was Lord Halford, a Zebstrika laid over an earthly brown cushion. A silver cross was hanging from his neck, and above him, there was a banner of Arceus.

"Ah, there they are," Lord Halford said hastily, his eyes fixed on the crystal around Rax's neck, "let us see it, boy, come on, be quick about it. Leave it on the table."

The Wise Master, more subtle and observant, knew of Rax's instincts, so he snapped his fingers at the Heatmor, who must have known what to do. He brought in the tent a large chest; it was so great in size that four of his men had to carry it in front of Lord Halford's desk. "Please," Rethlor the Mienshao said, giving them his slimy smile, "show us the crystal, and your reward shall be shown to you in turn."

Rax eyed the Mienshao cautiously. Atris' concerns began to weigh in his mind. These people desperately wanted this crystal. "It's right here," the Toxicroak said, gesturing to the crystal that hung from his neck. "Got a reward to match?"

"On the table, heathen," Lord Halford commanded.

The Wise Master approached the Toxicroak with quiet steps, leaning in to whisper, "put it on the table, you have got nothing to worry about."

Rax looked at Atris, the Braixen giving a small nod. He reached behind his neck, undoing the chain and placing the Star on the table. "All in one piece, right as rain."

Lord Halford leaned in from his cushion to examine the jet-black crystal. The strange power it projected flew across the room in waves. There wasn't any doubt that it was the real thing.

"What a strange creation," the Zebstrika commented, without touching the gem. The Wise Master grabbed the chain and lifted it slightly, bringing it to the level of his eyes, which glowed with the flame of greed.

"Splendid," he shouted, putting the chain around his head, then nodding at the guards. They opened the treasure chest. Stacks upon stacks of golden bars lit up the room in their clear, luminous glow that danced upon Rax and Atris's faces.

"What is this?" Rax asked, insulted. This was not the amount they were promised. "I work my rump off to get that bloody rock and-"

Atris jabbed Rax in the arm, casting an angry glare at the Toxicroak. Rax wisely stopped talking. "What my partner means to say, " Atris said, "is that we were promised a larger amount, considering what we went through to acquire this."

The Mienshao took a step back and folded his arms across his chest, beneath the dark crystal that rested softly against his dirty fur. He let Lord Halford handle this. The Zebstrika grinned, but it looked more like something stinky was right under his nose; he was looking at them haughtily with an air of superiority, as if they were trash under his hooves. "You were promised an amount for your support, yes, but you are not quite done supporting us yet, heathens."

"You shall get the full reward if you follow us to Union City," the Wise Master said slyly, "and I'll have you understand that Lord Halford is not going there with the... best of intentions." Rax would know what he was talking about - Rethlor was implying that if they sieged Union City, they would also sack it when they would get past the walls. "So, in addition to what was promised, your mercenaries may keep any valuables they... happen to find in the city, once it falls. We do have a deal, I presume."

Rax stood silently for a moment. He wasn't sure if the rest of his men would travel with them. After their losses at Stoneyard, some of them might have been ready to quit. Not all of them, to be sure, but they would be walking with fewer numbers than before. He grunted softly, eyeing the Wise Master. "And after that?"

Rethlor, with his arms still folded, ran his claws through his beard, his eyes strangely glazed in thought. "Why, after that, there must be no question for what happens. You spend your earnings however you like."

Rax folded his arms, looking over the gold, then back to Atris, who was standing and awaiting his decision. Sacking Union City, the very symbol of the joining of Stygia and Hesperia, was something he couldn't pass up. If they were to separate the nations again, they would have to start there. He looked over at Atris again, the Braixen nodding her approval, though her expression looked... hesitant. "Right, then. We head for Union City, yeah?"

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
School Reunion
Isak Mategu, Tahvir Eldren
15/10/1059

The Xatu had indicated to help the two, but Beryl felt they did not need her help. Like the Grotle, she would only be able to carry lumber around. She would probably be of much more use elsewhere, she just had to find out where.

"Isak, I will find another place to help. Be a dear and help those two, won't you?"

As Beryl wandered off to look for someone else to help, Isak watched the Pawniard and Grotle that the Xatu, "Seer", had pointed to for a moment. Were they building a wall? Seemed spiky. Isak said he would help, but, they seemed to be handling it very well, the little Pawniard lifting the wood off of the larger Grotle's shell and dragging it off to the side of the road. He seemed to be struggling with the height difference... Ah, maybe that was how he could be helpful?

The Pawniard had just reached for another plank, and was pulling it off the Grotle when Isak ran next to him to help carry it. Lifting, or anything to do with his upper body, was not his specialty, but Isak had stronger legs than most would know at a first glance.

"Need some help there?" The planks were fairly weighty. Isak tried to hide his straining.

"Huh?" Tavhir looked up, seeing the Buneary grabbing the other end of the wood. "Oh, uh... sure, I guess." As they placed the plank in position, the Pawniard looked up at the Grotle, seeing that they were almost out of wood. "Just leave the rest here and go get some more, would you?"

"Sure," the Grotle replied. He tipped forward, letting the wood fall off of his back before rushing off to get more. Tavhir immediately set to work, grabbing more wood and building more barricades, with the Buneary's aid.

"Alright, if we put one here, and one here..." he spoke to himself, pointing out places in the road to place the traps. "We can cut them off in front of the alley there, and jump them..." He turned to face the Buneary. He didn't recognize him, but he wore the Gold Tribe insignia, so he knew he could at trust him at least somewhat. "What do you think? We can have men waiting in the alleys to jump them when they get caught."

Having grown up in Amoon, he recalled racing through this very alley. "You can't see it from here, but this alley leads to a dead end. At the end is a wall that most Pokemon would have a hard time scaling. I'd think it would be better to encourage the enemy to go in there, then spring a trap at the end. Maybe a strong attacker could drop down from the rooftop and deal with them?"

Tavhir looked down the alley, placing a bladed hand on his chin. "I see... that's not a bad idea. Maybe put some Voltorb mines in there for some good measure."

Voltorb mines? Wild Voltorb? While they weren't exactly the most agreeable species, sacrificing Pokemon to maybe kill a few enemies, while also damaging the walls of the alley, was far from ideal in Isak's opinion. He, however, had a better alternative.

"How about a Bright Powder bomb? Minimal damage to the surrounding area, but it would still incapacitate anyone who activates it? In fact.." He put his paw to his chin. "...if it went off before anyone jumped down, the enemies wouldn't be able to react to the fighters."

Tavhir paused for a moment. "Bright Powder bomb? Do we even have those? Why exert more energy taking down blinded enemies? The Voltorb mines could just wipe them out easy enough."

Isak sighed. "But, at the same time, those Voltorb would be damaging the village. I just... can't accept that." He paused. "On the other hand, Bright Powder is common around Amoon. Mix it with some sulfur, set it on fire, and you have a disorienting bomb."

"Look," the Pawniard answered, turning towards the Buneary. "This is war. Stuff gets broken. Pretty much unavoidable. If you want to waste time making special bombs, go right ahead. The Voltorb mines would be infinitely simpler to implement, and have a much bigger impact. We can worry about the collateral damage after we win this war."

Isak did not want to admit that the Pawniard had a point. Putting aside his guilt at the thought of sacrificing Wild Voltorb, would it not be wasteful to place so many in a small, strategically unimportant alley as this?

"Simpler? I do not feel so. The risks associated with placing Voltorb in the first place are much greater than a Bright Powder bomb. Unlike a Bright Powder bomb, a Voltorb can explode at any time, and you have to coax it into a specific place and the trap to trigger at a specific time... If we have to sacrifice live... ammunition like that, we should use them in a way where they will deal the most damage possible. Some place open, where the explosion could disrupt formations."

Restless stood silent for a moment. "I'm just throwing ideas out there. It would be better to have them more in the open, I suppose. I'm just thinking of how to use this alley to our best advantage." He looked behind the Buneary, seeing Stoneclaw coming back with more wood. "Either way, I don't think that's our job anyways. We need to get these barricades up."

"Yeah, I can agree with that." As the pair went back to work, grabbing lumber off of the back of the Grotle, Isak had to wonder if anything would be left of Amoon by the time the war had passed it. Moving plank after plank, they had built several of the structures in relative silence.

"I haven't seen you these past few days," Tavhir said, finally breaking the silence. "You just get here?"

"Yes, we got here today. Me and a Donphan. We... came late." He was reminded of the scene in the square. That damn Lucario had warped them here. The realization that he was to fight a war in his home did not inspire confidence in him, then or now.

"And you are?" The Pawniard asked.

"I am Isak, Isak Mategu of the Otori. Amoon is my home." He sat down on one of the planks of wood still on the ground.

"I see," Restless replied. "Tavhir Eldren, or 'Restless,' if you prefer."

"Tahvir Eldren?" The name was somewhat familiar. "...Didn't we share a class at the ECUL?"

Tavhir blinked for a moment, remembering his time in the ECUL. "Yeah, I think so..." He remembered envying the Buneary's top marks in history during his final year. "It was Stygian History, wasn't it?"

"With Professor Aygun." That class, or, rather, its professor was one Isak probably would have trouble forgetting. Professor Aygun, aside from teaching Sytgian History, also had great knowledge of history not in the textbooks. However, being a Solrock, she tended to speak without much excitement in her psychicly projected voice. "I remember now. You used to ask a lot of strange questions during class, right?"

The Pawniard laughed, somewhat awkwardly. He hadn't known that was what he'd be remembered for. "Yeah, I wasn't very good at history... still not very good at it now. If I remember correctly, you were one of the top students, correct?"

"I guess... Honestly, I didn't pay attention much to Stygian History. If you asked me, I wouldn't remember dates or names of important people we learned in class. I was more interested in learning about my own culture. Given that the Stygians are about to destroy that culture... maybe it would have been a good idea to try to remember it for later."

"I'll gut them myself before they get that chance," Tavhir replied coldly.

Isak quickly interjected, sarcastically, "You'll do fine job of it yourself if you throw around Voltorb like confetti."

Tavhir eyed the Buneary, annoyed. "Geez, what is it with you and the Voltorb?"

With that, Isak looked up to the village square. He could make out a large group of Pokemon, including what looked to be... Crown Prince Cyrus? He was in Amoon?

Isak stood up. "I'll tell you later. I think we should head back to the square. Something is up."

Tavhir looked up, noticing the Beartic as well. "Good idea. Let's check it out." The two walked towards the square without further delay.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Legitimate Strategy
Featuring Pendro, Cassandra and other people.
15/10/1059

Pendro floated anxiously through the busy square of Amoon. He figured he was about up to full strength now, and that he should probably do something lest he be racked with unfathomable guilt. The Metang found himself compelled to stop - everyone seemed to be very much in the middle of something, and he'd only be getting in the way. He'd probably ruin something just by being here, and Reaching Mind's mind reached out to grasp all the possibilities he could bring about the apocalypse through being here and failing to do things.

Cassandra was standing nearby, gathering other 'mon to prepare defenses. "Oh, Pendro!" she exclaimed, walking over quickly to the Metang. "Feeling better now? I see you're up and about, which is good!"

"AAGH- oh, for- why can't I just... not...?" Pendro screamed, yanked from his perilous train of thought. "S-sorry, my fault, erm- oh! Oh, better, yeah, I guess. Erm, moving, at any rate, and I can do... things, again. Seems like you've taken the same path of recovery, which is... good. That's what you said, I need a, erm, a synonym- great! Or is that better than good...? Erm, uh... hello!"

Cassandra laughed. Pendro was definitely back to normal. She resumed a more serious tone before continuing. "We're preparing defenses outside the North Entrance. You think you can help? We're setting traps and devising a strategy."

"Ah, right, yes - I, uh, I guess I can help with that. At the risk of sounding like the kind of person who would say this sort of thing, what would you have me do?"

"We're trying to decide on how we should go about this," Cassandra said. "Come with me, we've got a small group in the forest right now."

"Erm... okay, I suppose. Lead the way. Please. Thanks..."

They made their way to the outskirts of the village, a small group of 'mon gathered in a circle. There was a Carnivine, Elena, as well as a Kecleon and a Ninjask from the village.

"Alright, so what have we got so far?" Cassandra asked the group as she approached.

Elena looked up, smiling lightly. "Ah, welcome, Cassandra." In the middle of the circle they had a map of the city as well as a decent area outside of it. "We figure they'll be attacking the North Entrance, which is where we are. We've decided that, while we will have traps all around the city, we'll be focusing mostly on the North Entrance." The Carnivine gestured to the Kecleon with a leafy hand. "Frederick here has assembled a small group of guerilla fighters that he'll have hiding out in the trees. They'll be thinning the enemies numbers slowly while remaining out of sight."

"These bastards won't know what hit 'em!" The Kecleon proclaimed proudly. "Nobody is dying except them!"

Pendro winced. "Well, that's not entirely likely, seeing as the percentage is more along the lines of si- er- oh! Uh, I mean yeah, that's good, that's right- Cassandra! W-why don't you introduce me to these n-nice 'mon!? That'd be a, uh, a good thing... sorry."

"Oh, right," Cassandra said. She pointed to the Carnivine. "This is Elena, 'Sentry,' of the Gold Tribe." She then motioned to the Kecleon and Ninjask. "These two are from the village. Frederick leads a small militia of fighters who specialize in guerilla and hit-and-run tactics." She then pointed to the Ninjask. "And this is Luke. He's part of an aerial group trained for air warfare."

The Ninjask saluted once to the Metang. "Luke Leroy, at your service!"

"Erm, hi. Hello." Pendro replied, glancing about timidly and occasionally letting out a nervous chuckle. Cassandra eyed Pendro momentarily, as if expecting him to say something.

"Perhaps it would be good to introduce yourself?" She asked with a grin.

"Sorry, what?"

"I think she means to tell us your name," The Carnivine added.

"Oh! Yes, erm, I knew that- Pendro! Erm, Malis, erm... 'Reaching Mind'. Pendro..." The Metang flashed a quick smile before turning to Cassandra with a look that screamed please conceal my horrific social ineptitude!

Cassandra stifled a giggle, before turning to the others. "In any case, we need traps. Mines, bombs, trip wire, anything you can think of. What do we have?"

"Well I have, uh... erm... Magnet Rise..." The Metang shrugged.

The group looked at Pendro, slightly confused. "Well..." Elena spoke up, "maybe we can have some levitating mines. You know... dress 'em up, hide them in a bush or something, an then kaboom!"

"Floating mines..." Frederick said, placing a hand on his chin. "It could work... get some flash bombs at eye-level, then me and my men can swoop in an attack the blinded 'mon. Good thinking, Reaching Mind!"

"Wh- it could? Seriousl- I mean, um- uh, yeah sure, good... that, um... worked out somehow rather clever, didn't it?" Pendro said, slightly in shock that an unenthusiastic mention of Magnet Rise could lead to such well-constructed results. "Blimey, erm... levitation with Psychic walls to ground them, too, to be broken upon scheduled detonation would certainly be an interesting tactic, how...? Never mind, erm... good thinking, erm... people...? I-is there... uh, anything you guys could, er, bring to the table? We should probably consider all the resources we can get our hands on. Or paws. Or... leaves...? Cassandra, is that insensitive? I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!"

The Carnivine looked at her own hands, before laughing at Pendro's worry. "Well, two out of five of us have leafy hands," she said, flexing her arms as if showing off. "Hehe, don't worry about it."

Pendro looked up, peeking out from under his arms. He'd curled himself into a ball on the ground, as though ducking in cover. "Wha- oh, oh, erm... okay, uh, false alarm, my bad."

"Well then," Frederick said, looking at Pendro with curiosity. "I'll see what we can do about the mines."

The Ninjask, Luke, nodded in agreement. "It's a sound strategy, at least for the ground troops. What about aerial attacks? My men are tough, but we're going to need some assistance on the front, to be sure."

Pendro shrugged, letting out a light chuckle. "Well, there is Emperor Dareon."

"I doubt Dareon is going to be helping in the front lines," Cassandra replied. "We could get some ice-types to whip up a hail storm... stealth rock might be a viable option as well."

"Oh, erm, yes, yes... of course." The Metang replied with just a hint of bitterness. "Stealth Rock, certainly. Hail would best be reserved for further out, lest we risk hurting our allies... still, electric types with Shock Wave could provide fairly reliable anti-air support if well-placed. Perhaps on high ground, they can double up as ground support as situations change..."

"Just as long as you can tell who's who down there," Luke joked, laughing slightly. "Keep them thunder bolts on the enemy, and we'll be good to go!"

Suddenly, there appeared to be some sort of commotion building up in the main square. Cassandra looked over, seeing a Beartic among them... was that the Crown Prince?

"You guys think you can handle the planning on your own for a moment?" Cassandra asked. The Kecleon and Ninjask both nodded in affirmation.

"I'll get to work on securing us those mines!" Frederick said with glee. "We'll blow the enemy to kingdom come!"

Pendro glanced up at the Lilligant. "Erm, me too? Or, um- am I-? What am I doing?"

Cassandra grinned a bit, turning to Pendro. "I think all the Gold Tribe should be present."

"Indeed," Elena said, nodding towards the Lilligant. "We'd best be off."

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years

Entropy
The Gold Tribe, ft. Crown Prince Cyrus
15/10/1059​

The small Shiftry was lodged on a roof, pacing up and down quickly, munching frantically on cheroot in his mouth as he observed the comings and goings of the people on the square below. Lenora was helping the town build its defenses, getting the soldiers to move with a gesture of her wings. Her spirit was admirable, but it wasn't anything Ambrose noticed in his furious state, which seemed to be constant as of late. But their third-in-command was as likely to bellow now as he was to laugh. A group of passing soldiers dropped a set of chopped lumber in the middle of the muddy road and Ambrose immediately jumped on them: "Throw it in the river, why don't you! Morons! Pick it up, quick, we don't dawdle here!" and they did so with drooped faces.

Their enemies were at a rather disadvantageous position to do battle with them; the wise Otori of old knew what they were doing when they picked the location they'd built their town. It had to be where they could fight the Tocan, who mostly waged war with them, at an even ground, face to face, and not in the forest, where the Tocan could utilize their stealthy tactics.

The Otori built Amoon village on a hill, around a huge rock and tree, with a vertical cliff and the waterfalls on one side, and a steep slope on the other side. The physical landscape was surrounding the village, making it so their attackers could only reach it only by the two entrances: north and east. There was a single road sneaking from the northern entrance, which was made smaller as it was between rocks, passing through the entire village and spilling through the eastern entrance. The narrow north passage would allow them to take their enemies at a steady pace, while they would be vulnerable to traps and the ranged Pokemon they'd set on top of the rocks.

The village itself held a good many thousand men, the first ten thousand of Lord Kymotonian's army and most of the Gold Tribe, but it wasn't the only station of the defenders. There were six other smaller villages that were either underground or built inside trees, well hidden from the eye. Their enemies knew where they were, but they would not know which ones were occupied with Pokemon who were waiting there to surprise them, and which ones were abandoned. Ambrose paced up and down, running his hands through his hair and chewing maniacally on that cheroot while he thought of all this; he thought he had an idea for a battle plan, but he would need some help.

A Ninjask scout got in front of his face. "Sir Tempest," he shouted.

"Mike! Where've you been, I've been waiting since morning for you."

"It was now that I report, sir!"

"Out with it!"

"Lord Teneth's not moving, sir. He hasn't budged from Crystal Palace! But my peers in the caves never returned to report, which has me worried... it's been two days now, and I sent another one yesterday, and he hasn't come back!"

"In the caves, hm? The caves in the north, you mean? Those that go under Montajo Range and connect the forest with the wastelands of the north?" Ambrose yelled angrily, and the Ninjask nodded quickly. The Shiftry waved him away and started pacing up and down all over again, quicker this time and munching on his cheroot with renewed fervor. Teneth hadn't moved from the Palace, could it be his scouts that dispatched theirs in the caves? It couldn't be. Teneth had no reason to place men there.

He jumped from the roof, landing on a rooted Foongus who moaned. "Get out of my way," Ambrose shouted, "damn Foongus and Amoonguss. They're everywhere," he started muttering as he went to the side of the square, where his left hand man, a Slowking named Xavier was. In front of him was a table on the side of the square that they had set early in the morning before the village begun preparing for the attack. The table had a map of Amoon on it.

"The scouts from the caves haven't arrived yet, son," Ambrose said to the Slowking, "you'd think someone's up to something down there. Hmph. I'm of a mind to just pick a few good men and see for myself what's taking them so long."

Xavier nodded slowly glancing back at the map before returning his gaze to Ambrose. "Well it seems like that would be an option that would yield us the quickest results. However, if there was a complication that scouts encountered that prohibited them from returning this long, we could be in for trouble ourselves." The Slowking scratched his head as he weighed their options. "Though I wouldn't want to leave Amoon for a potentially extended period of time where we are needed. It's your call. Who would you consider taking with you?"

"There's no time to check it out," Ambrose said stiffly, "if Teneth's not gonna attack, the Crusade is. We need to prepare the village, one way or another. I've a bad feeling about the caves."

"Yes, yes, I agree. First we must gather all the Gold Tribe. Everyone seems to be scattered at the moment. Have Lenora and the others finished preparing the barricades?"

"Here she is," Ambrose said, pointing at the Xatu who was returning to the square. "Morning," he shouted curtly to her, "what've you been doing?"

Lenora nodded briefly her greeting. "I've been organizing a defense inside the city itself. Hopefully, the conflict will not extend to the inside, but it would be best to be prepared." She eyed the map in front of them, her face seemingly devoid of expression. "I assume you have news to share?"

"Does he?" Beryl queried, wandering over to the growing crowd of Gold Tribe members. She had not heard the rest of the conversation, but she could tell that the Shiftry was furious at something. "Is Teneth coming sooner than expected? If so, I shall gladly prepare a welcoming party."

"No, rather the opposite of coming," Ambrose said, "He's settled on his eggs and won't move one step outside the ice walls. Which is strange, but it kind of isn't at the same time. I always knew Teneth was a coward."

Beryl, disappointed that she wasn't going to be fighting Teneth yet, continued to listen intently, nodding at the 'coward' comment. Beyond being told of Teneth's attack, she was bereft of any other information on the situation.

"Cowardly?" Lenora asked, tilting her head just slightly. "Perhaps. Or perhaps he is saving his forces for another battle. Though it is curious indeed that he is not moving..."

"Well, whenever we do find Teneth..." Petrina mentioned as she arrived, motioning toward the Donphan. "..I'm afraid you're going to have to get in line. I'm killing him first, you see, you can have a go at him once I'm done." she said, still carrying a pleasant tone and her widest smile.

"DAMMIT! MOVE OUTTA THE WAY! CRAZY BLAZIKEN COMING AFTER ME!"

Dean was running past some GT, even running into another and accidentally pushing him down, but that was the least of his worries. Rushing after him appeared to be an enraged Alphus who was gaining speed quickly. Although Dean was going as fast as he could the longer legged mon finally caught up as he grabbed the paper the water type had been holding and twisted about on the spot, a leg slamming into Dean and sending him flying past the assembled group, the Poliwhirl barely missing Ambrose by an inch, and all the way to slam into a tree.

"Oooohhhh... so.... worth it..." Dean groaned out.

"What the hell's going on here?" Ambrose barked.

Petrina's ears perked up, followed by a slight boggle in her eyes as the screaming mon charged past and afterwards, she felt a brief moment of consideration - how did the Poliwhirl scream without a mouth to scream from? Pushing her thoughts to the side for a second, she at least saw it fit to approach the stricken mon and the mon that had struck him. "So... guys is there a bit of a problem?" She asked sarcastically, hoping for some more information about exactly what this problem was going to be.

Dean chuckled, "H-he drew a picture of the **** from last night!" He said, quite in a daze, "Hehehe, best time ever! Just showing it around and... and..." As his eyesight cleared he realized who he was talking to. He feel silent and stared up, "So........ kinda awkward now."

"Oh, that's fine." Petrina maintained her professionalism as she spoke, ignoring her own thoughts telling her to strangle the 'mon right away. "She was making a complete and total arse of herself anyway. But really, I hear she doesn't like being reminded about it all the time, you see? In fact, I think I could give you a practical demonstration of how much of your sh*t she's willing to take, if you'd like to keep on."

Dean silently stared up at her before getting up, "Well... to that certain woman from last night. Oh... I would say she did offer quite a lovely performance last night. Oh, and she's a slu-" Before he could finish a fiery hand slammed into his face and sent Dean flat on his back. Alphus glared down at his friend before he pulled out his sketchbook and flipped through it, gently sliding the picture back into it.

Petrina gave a nod towards the Blaziken. "Thanks. I'm sure that's kinder than what I'd have thought up. Anyway, we're kinda busy, but if you've been drawing porn of me, I'd quite kindly ask you to burn it before I get back to work?" Petrina asked in a fairly formal tone, but didn't even wait for a reply as she turned back to the others. "So, I hear we're doing all the planning so we don't die over here?" she said, not addressing anyone in particular.

Alphus looked on before silently smiling and shook his head, instead moving his fingers about in the air obviously trying to use sigh language to explain a bit.

"BWAHAHAHA! SHE WANTS IT! You totally should now Alphus!" Dean crackled from the ground.

"Can it." Beryl kicked the Poliwhirl."You have already caused enough havoc with your unnecessary nonsense."

"Sheesh, tough crowd." The water type muttered.

Xavier simply sighed and nudged Lenora to signal her to restore order.

"That is quite enough," Lenora said sternly to everyone present. "We are in the middle of something rather important."

"Yes, so why don't you stop goofing around so we can resume?" Beryl glared down at the grounded Poliwhirl.

The Crown Prince was arriving at the square, followed by a Heliolisk villager who was holding a golden pendulum; Cyrus seemed to notice the glares and his grey eyes flew to Petrina momentarily, as if he understood. "Is there any problem?" he asked politely.

"Ah, the Prince!" Ambrose got in the way, "good to see you. About time an end was put to this circus."

The Heliolisk handed Petrina her measures and the Prince thanked him and sent him on his way. "I know this may look nothing like the original... but it is something, right?" he said nicely to her.

"There's no problem any more, Cyrus. I think the problem gets the idea at least." Petrina shot a glare to Dean.

Dean gulped, despite not having a mouth and probably not possessing a throat anyways, and quickly got behind Alphus, shuddering a bit. "A-Ah y-your princiness, er majesty! I was just joking around, that was all."

Alphus was still pissed as a smirk formed along his beak. In an instant he twisted about and grabbed Dean, pushing him forward so he was in front of the Beartic. The poor Poliwhirl shivered there as he rubbed his hands together nervously, "You know... j-just trying to keep morale strong and all..."

Petrina couldn't help a giggle, whilst she placed her new emblem around her neck. "Sure you were." she snipped. "Thank you for getting a hold of this for me Cyrus. It's good to have something again, really. Even if it isn't the normal one." Petrina smiled, straight at the Prince. Unfortunately, it did happen to be an exceptionally cheesy grin - a smile across both of her cheeks that made her resemble a gurning idiot. Cyrus bit his bottom lip and squinted his eyes comically, arching his brows in return; but only briefly. He clapped his hands to show he was meaning business.

"Ambrose, before I forget," he called out, and the Shiftry bowed his head. "I had a dream last night. We'll rouse the fungi near the village. They'll know when our enemies are coming and they'll drown them in poison."

"Hmph, good idea, your Highness," Ambrose said and flapped his fan-for-hand in a gesture for the Ninjask messenger to come near. "Get someone to roust those fungi," he said, "someone quick and not very... stupid." The Ninjask nodded and took off.

"But only if they get close enough, surely?" Petrina asked with concern. "Wouldn't they expect that kind of thing?"

"It is worth a try," Cyrus decided.

Xavier took a moment to think while scratching his chin. "I would prefer our enemies to be weaker and battling the poison while they're further away from the village. Not right upon us. Also, how will we contest with flying enemies? Surely we have enough 'mon to form an adequate aerial defense?"

"You could leave that to me." Petrina responded to the Slowking. "So long as we have a few other Ice-types around that know how to start up a storm... I'm thinking given enough monpower we could keep a hailstorm in the skies, if not a full-blown blizzard that should keep anything coming at us from the sky at bay."

"You go ahead and do that," Ambrose shouted unnecessarily loudly, "but keep that hail away from me, y'hear?"

"You should be able to see it, it is a whole hailstorm and all. It'll be as far away from our allies as we can manage, though." Petrina confirmed.

The Prince tapped his hand on the table, precisely between the two eastern town locations on the map. "Look at this. Our enemies will want to surround the village and attack the eastern entrance. If we set up troops to hide in those two villages, we may ambush them, clamping them down."

Ambrose smirked, thinking that was his plan, but he only said, "it will be done. Put a couple of thousand on each of the two locations and our ambitious attackers will get cut off on their way to the eastern entrance. Anything else?"

"Do you have any... trickery planned? I mean, some of you might know that... my home, Xeo..." Petrina held a second of silence, thinking about her home before she continued. "It was one of the first places that was in Teneth's line of fire. Back there, we used the mountains we lived in to set traps. We started avalanches on purpose, set Blast Seed mines set all around the town itself, whatever we could do to thin them out before we had to put ourselves in harm's way. Do you think we could manage anything like that here in Amoon?"

"Blast Seeds? Well, those do grow around Amoon, but Bright Powder is more readily accessible. There are many plants in the forest which could be repurposed for town defense," interjected Isak as he and Tahvir finally walked into the meeting.

"We've set up barricades within the city itself, just in case they manage to push in," Tavhir stated. "My sister and others are outside devising a strategy for the outer defenses right now."

"Devised, actually," Cassandra said, walking up to the rest of the group. "We still have a ways to go, but we have a basic plan in mind." She took a spot beside Tavhir, her face stern, but with a hint of determination. "What have you all come up with?"

"A plan?" The Buneary looked at the Lilligant with curiousity. "You should probably tell that to the others, then. I'm sure they need some ideas to work with."

"They do, actually." Beryl had walked over to the Lilligant as well. "That Glaceon over there was talking about defending against airborne Pokemon with Ice attacks, and Prince Cyrus suggested that we have someone rouse wild Amoongus to battle and send warriors to other villages to prep an ambush."

"I see." Isak crossed his arms and put a paw to his chin. "And who has Prince Cyrus sent to rouse the Amoongus?"

"That Shiftrygave a command to a Ninjask who flew off to find someone to do it," Beryl replied.

Whomever ended up going would probably find themselves face to face with a near army of angry Amoongus. Anyone who lacked experience in the wilds around Amoon would probably not... For everyone involved, it would probably be best if Isak did it, himself. He'd have to find that Ninjask.

Lenora stared straight, appearing almost distracted by something. After a moment, she blinked once, then nodded. "We are opening the portal now," she said abruptly. "Those of you heading to the Obelisk, prepare yourselves. The rest of us can handle the defense of the city."

As soon as she finished, the Xatu held out a psychic-gem in her wing, the crystal glowing brightly and bursting with energy. Within seconds, the opening to the portal was revealed, dark blue and radiating power with it's presence.

The Xatu glanced at each of them in turn. "Good luck. Arceus be with you."

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
Hungry Reunion
Isak Mategu
15/10/1059​

As the crowd dispersed, Isak said goodbye to Tahvir and their sister Lilligant, as well as Beryl. Tahvir and Beryl were going to the Obelisk while the Lilligant would be sticking around to defend the villages. Isak reminded himself to ask her her name later, but, for now, he was heading off to find that Ninjask Beryl had told him about... And maybe some food. He hadn't eaten since that morning, and was pretty hungry.

Considering the distance that he was going to run shortly afterwards, and his quick metabolism, it was be a good idea to grab something quick... But where? The forest was far enough away and he was getting sick of foraging for food. Ah, was the Frederick's still open? It had been over four years since Isak had left Amoon for the ECUL, and he did not have any money on him, but he knew the shop owner, Frederick himself. They had been family friends, and Isak was especially good friends with his daughter. Maybe he could ask for a few berries, on the house?

He ran through the village to the place where he remembered the shop being. Up some stairs, around corners, through a park, it all went by so fast before... There it was. The shop stood in all its old-fashioned glory. It's door was open and the sign above it read "Frederick's General Goods". Isak had memories of coming there as a child, some good, some bad, but Frederick's always had quality produce on hand.

He walked inside, and a bell rang. The familiar smell of old wood and produce did not deter him from getting to the accessibly short counter for too long. At the register stood a Gothorita whose lack of attentiveness was familiar to Isak.

"Lenka?" The Gothorita snapped to attention at her name.

"Ah...?" She was frantically looking around the room, everywhere but down, her purplish face somewhat red after being found daydreaming at work.

Isak had to laugh at that. She hadn't changed a bit since he'd left.

"Down here." The Gothorita finally looked down at the Buneary.

"Oh... Isak! I thought I recognized that voice. You're back!" She was smiling now. The two had been good friends growing up. Isak had been one of the few Pokémon who didn't pick on her for randomly spacing out.

Isak nodded. "Yep, just got back to the village." He showed her his Gold Tribe armband. "After getting this!"

"You graduated from the ECUL? That is so like you! I didn't expect any less..." she trailed off as she analyzed what he said. "Just got back? The rest of the Gold Tribe got here a week ago. Where've you been?"

"Um, well..." He really did not want to bring up his three week trek on an empty stomach. He was about to say something when he noticed a buzzing that was growing louder. He turned in time to watch a Ninjask swoop in, and come to a hovering stop above the counter.

"Hey Lenka, I'm in a serious jam here and I need help. That Gold Tribe Shiftry gave me a direct order! Have you seen any Gold Tribe guys that stuck out to you? Smart ones? Quick ones?"

That voice... It reminded Isak of...

"No, none that were particularly smart..." She chuckled. "But I did see someone quick, though! Saw him really recently too. In fact, you should know him really well."

"Who, Lenka, who!?" Apparently, he was too hasty to have looked down.

"Look down, silly." Lenka was smiling now. "Isak's here! He's back in town, Mike!"

"Isak?" The Ninjask looked down, finally, still hovering. "Oh, hey Isak! Didn't see you there!"

"Hey, Mike." Isak knew that Ninjask alright. He was also a friend from growing up, a nerdy and slow Nincada. "You evolved, huh?"

"Yeah, I sure did!" the Ninjask replied. "The guys in Otori army helped push me to evolve. Now me and my other half protect the village!"

"You said that a Gold Tribe Shiftry gave you an order? It wouldn't happen to be a mission involving Amoongus, would it?"

"Huh? How did you know that? We're you at the meeting? I didn't see you there. And I looked."

"I was told by Beryl, my sister Donphan. She was at the meeting."

"Oh, I did see a Donph-"

"Weren't you adopted, though? You didn't have any sisters," Lenka interjected.

"Oh, um, in the Gold Tribe, we refer to our fellow members as brothers and sisters."

"I did not know that," she replied.

Isak felt his stomach rumbling. It must have been loud enough for the others to hear because they both started laughing, Mike laughing much louder than Lenka.

"Still the same little Buneary!" cried Mike. He was going to fall out of the air from laughing so hard.

"Shut up, Mike." Isak wasn't embarrassed. "I haven't eaten since this morning. It's actually why I came here..." He looked at the Gothorita. "Um, Lenka, where is your dad? I was hoping to get some berries from him." Frederick's was a family-run business, and Frederick, an Infernape, was Lenka's father.

"Dad's home taking care of mom, today, but if all you were going to do was ask him for some berries... I think I should tell you that the Gold Tribe has set up a tab with us for stuff like that. Not that we'd charge you for some berries, Isak. You're pretty much family." She was still smiling. "Go pick out some berries, and I'll make a note for dad."

"Okay, thanks Lenka." And with that, he ran to a specific rack of berries, grabbed a dozen, and headed back to the counter, his arms loaded with Charti Berries. "e'll veke velve," he tried to say, holding one in his mouth as well.

Mike and Lenka were laughing again, the sight of a short Buneary loaded up with a number of small berries too much to contain. "Twelve Charti Berries, coming right up." She had a pen in hand and was writing on something quickly. "Need any help with those, Isak?"

He finished eating the soft and delicious berry, and replied. "Nah, I'm good. Let me put them in my bag." He put them down for a moment, before stuffing as many as he could into his small leather bag. He could only fit nine in there... Idea!

"Hey Mike, catch!" He threw one of the berries at the Ninjask, who easily caught it. "You might need that tomorrow."

He then reached, berry in hand, over the counter to Lenka. "And one for you, Lenka." She grabbed it.

"Thanks, Isak." replied both of his friends.

"...I'd best get going, now. Those Amoongus aren't going to rouse themselves." He looked quickly at them both, a serious look on his face. "You two, try to stay safe. Things will get pretty dangerous from here on out, and I don't want you two caught in the crossfire if it can be helped."

"Gotcha, Isak," Lenka said, still smiling.

"Understood, Isak. Thanks for the berry," replied Mike.

With that, Isak ran out of the store, choking down another Charti Berry as he ran. He had work to do. This village was not going to defend itself.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Gerrick and Emperor Dareon - We all have our secrets...

The Emperor Dareon commanded the Doublades standing guard outside Gerrick's cell to open the door, ignoring their protests. "He is chained," the Mega Ampharos insisted stubbornly, "he can harm no one." He stepped into the cell of the traitor, Thresh following him close behind, always invisible. His face tightened with disapproval when he saw the Krookodile in chains.

"Your Kinglyness," Gerrick greeted the Emperor as his body still hung from the ceiling, slowly drifting side to side. "I'd bow but I'm a little tied up at the moment," He joked.

"I detest people who bow," Dareon declared, "usually, it is people like you who bow. So I can never see your eyes."

Gerrick scoffed and let out a small chuckle. "I'm sure you met a lotta shady and downright despicable 'mon in your life. But I'm pretty sure there ain't a 'mon alive like me... only me." As he said this, Gerrick looked the Emperor straight into his eyes with a surprisingly potent stare.

Emperor Dareon smirked his brows, returning Gerrick's gaze steadily, a bit of disbelief obvious on his face. "That is a bold claim, but all I see is a piece of treasonous trash before me. What is it that makes you so special?"

"For starters, it's not every day that a piece of treasonous trash saved the Emperor," Gerrick answered with a smirk. "But really, you do realize I helped ya guys out a lot. Why do you keep holdin' me here? I woulda thought you of all people would have come to my defense. No one is exactly who they say they are, or they portray to be. Not a damn one. So I made a small fib and accidentally took advantage of a situation. Can you look me in the eye and truthfully say you think none of the other Gold guys have any secrets to tell?"

Dareon gave the chained 'mon in front of him with an iron-like look. "Their secrets are of no concern to me, as long as they are not harmful to me. You understand that we regard you as a spy sent by the opposition... there is no way out of this for you. There is but one reason you are still alive: you said one word." Dareon paused.

"The Caretaker." The Ampharos was fondling the side of his chin thoughtfully, looking sideways at Gerrick. "You said you know who the Caretaker is."

"If the enemy had any brains at all, they'd send someone who actually knew how to be a spy so that the side he's infiltratin' doesn't discover him. The only thing I ever am... ever was, was an opportunist," Gerrick explained.

"Right, Caretaker. I'll tell you what: release me and I'll tell your majesticity everything I told the deadman and then some."

Dareon laughed harshly and said, "the future you can hope for is far from what you now hope for. I cannot release a man who wronged the Gold Tribe... for then I would wrong the Gold Tribe myself. It will be their decision as to what fate awaits you... but if you do make this clear, I shall make sure you are not put to death, and that you instead serve time in the Vaults, where you would not be treated as badly as you would in a federal prison. And my word is known to be kept."

"Ya know, ya don't exactly make the best case for me to spill the beans," Gerrick grumbled. "Life in a cage ain't really much of a life... but I guess it's better than being dead. Listen, what I know is what I found out while with that guy. I figured it out after gettin' that item for him. The guy who told me to spy on the Gold Tribe is the Caretaker. Has been for as long as that title's been around... I think. It's Rethlor."

"Rethlor," Dareon pronounced the name with disgust at the tip of his mouth. He had been told Gerrick had said something similar while being tortured, but now it was confirmed. The Ampharos raised his tightened fist, clenching his teeth. Sparks flew from the Thunder Crown in his fury. He should not have ever trusted Lord Vektor, who proposed that Rethlor became the Wise Master after the former one betrayed the Crown during the last rebellion, nine years ago. He thought he had known Rethlor and could control him easily... but every man on the Exathian Council had a hidden agenta.

"I will crush him," Dareon spat, not really talking to Gerrick, but rather himself. He his head to the side, as if trying to get rid of an itch without scratching it. "Him and the foolish pretender, Vektor." He jerked to Gerrick again, eyeing him wildly. "What do you know of Vektor? He does know, too? What about the Royal Executioner, Kristian? That Abomasnow," he cursed, "is he in on this Caretaker farce, too? He must be."

"Oh yeah, I heard they're both in on it too, Mr. Royalty," Gerrick answered. "One big happy family. It just goes to show that you really don't know someone, no matter how long they were with ya, you can never really expect who'll pop up as an enemy," Gerrick let his last statement sink in before he smiled maliciously and continued. "Take the Gold Tribe, for example. I may have been a thief and a spy for the Wise Master, but I hear there's someone else in there that's a spy directly for the Caretaker, a very different kinda spy for the same 'mon. And he's hiding right under your noses. Always marking things down and analyzing everyone. I mean, why do you think he wanted me killed right away instead of interrogatin' me? Because he knows I'm a spy for the Wise Master, and he's a spy for the Caretaker, and if I spilled the beans... he would be compromised."

Thresh's eyes glowed blue in the air when he informed the Emperor of the name of the one Gerrick was speaking of. "Thrasher?" he asked in disbelief; it was obvious he was caught off-guard, but Dareon was in a state where he saw enemies all around him, so in his mind, what the Krookodile was suggesting seemed entirely possible.

"Like I said, everyone has their secrets, your Excellencefullness" Gerrick affirmed. "I guess spyin' on the Gold Tribe is a pretty serious crime, thievin' is too. And I admit to be doing a bit of both while with the tribe. Well, except not going after that nice, shiny crown on your head, I know it's bolted stuck while you live. I know I did all that, but is it really that much worse than not only workin' with the enemy but murder? I found out a few things about people when I was around. Ask some 'mon who he was, and tell me which one of us is the real treasonous trash."

Dareon's nostrils flared at Gerrick's statements. He paced up and down the room furiously, ignoring Gerrick for a while. He stopped in front of the wall, then jerked to the Krookodile. "I have heard of what Thrace and this Caretaker want. They want my Thunder Crown." He unconsciously touched the golden jewel that rested on the cotton locks on top of his head. "Why is that? Do you have any suspicion?"

"Well, not really. But it looks mighty nice," Gerrick answered in admiration for the crown. "Could be they like how it looks on their own head. But I'm guessing you outta watch your back in case Thrasher comes a-thievin' for it himself."

Dareon kept pacing up and down, almost perturbed. That was what he didn't like to hear, deep inside, but in response he laughed out loud. "Stealing the Thunder Crown is impossible, and those who would set that task in mind would be fools. The Thunder Crown and I are inseparable. The ambitious thief could try all he wanted, it does not ever consent to leaving my head." That wasn't wholly true, of course - the Crown had dropped during the duel with Chantalai, but there was truth in what Dareon said. The Thunder Crown was modified to stick to his head with magnetism, that was well known, to prevent any thieves of getting to it - Dareon had learned a lesson, after it was stolen right from his coronation! "I would let any treasonous scum try to steal it from me, just to demonstrate how quickly I can end their life," the Emperor said, convincing himself.

Thresh made himself visible in the room. "Your Highness, your presence is required in the village."

Dareon looked at Gerrick one more time. "I suppose you should wish for our victory today... for if we lose, the village and everything in it will be destroyed. But in case you survive this unscathed, you can be sure I will be merciful when the time comes to decide your sentence for your crimes."

"Much obliged your Mightyfullness," Gerrick replied with a nod of his head. "Better watch yourself out there. After all, if a 'mon can't take the crown off the head, then all they have to do is simply just... take the head."

Dareon bared his fangs, and for a beautiful Ampharos, he looked strikingly scary, like a dragon should look like. "They are welcome to try."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Into the Obelisk! Jacob, Sophia, Zack, Prince Cyrus, Garland, Beryl, Dean & Alphus, Tavheer, Noah

Jacob was standing on a rock, his arms crossed, his stoic gaze fixed on the forest below. Besides the clouds, he could see Amoon and the river from here. Beyond it was a patch of pine trees, and as the slope ascended, the Crystal Palace crowned the hill, its towers almost as tall as the mountain peaks to its sides. That was where Lord Teneth was stationed; it wouldn't be long before he would attack, knowing that the Crimson Crusade was backing him up from the north. Jacob had left for the Obelisk with his sister Sophia a while ago, but he'd heard the news. The letter that came from the north was threatening, to be sure; the mysterious sender informed them that the Crusade was coming for the Obelisk, to destroy it, and take the crystal used as its energy source, no question about that. In Jacob's mind, those going to the Obelisk would have the tougher mission. They'd have to go in, take the crystal and get the hell out before any of the crimson fools showed up.

Prankster tapped his foot on the rock impatiently. He didn't like this part of the murky jungle of his people, not to mention the Obelisk was uncharted territory for him, so he would rather they were done with this as quickly as possible.

It was dark where the two Meowstic had camped, under the cover of some huge pine trees. Sophia had her fiery Hidden Power spheres circling around her at all times to light the place up. She noticed him in his statue-like pose on the rock, staring off to the distance in deep thought. "Jacob?" she asked, "berry juice?"

"For the birds."

"On the lake? Not now."

"Right. It's still Tuesday."

They both laughed, as if they shared a secret joke. He adjusted his golden bracelets on his wrists. "It's time, Fi. Let's do it."

A few minutes later, the portal was open, glowing dark blue, making the shadows of the forest around them dance. Not two seconds had passed and the first figure showed.

"WEEE," the Electabuzz shot head-first through the portal with the speed of a cannonball, made a flip in the air and landed on his feet right in front of Jacob. Along with him came a tool briefcase.

"Whew! That wasn't so bad," Zack said with an air of confidence, pushing his oily hair out of his eyes and dusting off his huge black gloves. He reeked of flogistron again; he was working on his airship, evidently.

"Hey, Buzz," Jacob greeted him.

"Y'ello. Been working on an ejector seat lately and I thought, why not try and aim at a time and space wormhole and see what happens if you shoot through at a high speed? Well, would you look at that, the only thing that could potentially happen in this scenario is crashing on a solid surface and breaking all of my bones."

"... Right," Sophia said.

That moment, Prince Cyrus and Garland walked through the portal; Sophia greeted them with apples on a stick.

The Floatzel waved negatively. "I do not eat while on duty. What do we have here?"

"We've camped just outside the Nexus," Jacob informed him quickly, looking at him rather questioningly. "I thought you would lead the defense in Amoon."

"I would," Garland admitted, "but there is something here I have to make sure of. And I trust Tempest will be exceptional, if not simply adequate as a leader for the defense."

Prince Cyrus chuckled at that, walking a bit towards the Obelisk with his hands resting behind his head like a pillow. "Ambrose wishes to replace you one day, Garland," he teased.

"Nah, I don't think so," Zack intervened, "Tempest's content exactly where he is."

Just behind them came a loud cry a Poliwhirl flew through and slammed into a tree as Alphus stepped on into view.

"Geez, it was ONE joke!" Dean cried out as he got up and rubbed at his forehead. "I did catch something of Ambrose right?" He asked as he looked about. He mozzied up to Alphus and whispered lightly, "Ambrose sucks anyways."

Alphus sighed, though his mood quickly changed as he caught sight of the Obelisk. Without further ado he pulled out his sketchbook as his hands moved quickly with his pen.

"So!" Dean said as he rubbed his gloved covered hands together, "What's the mission? I assume this has to be important, cause Alphus is here!" He said with a puffed out chest.

Alphus just sighed again as he kept on drawing.

"You mean besides finding out how to shut you up?" Tavhir said impatiently, stepping through the portal behind them. The Pawniard crossed his arms, giving their small group a once over. "Get in, get the crystal, get out. Simple, right?" His tone bore a hint of sarcasm. Nothing they did was simple, especially at this point in time. He expected complications to follow, without a doubt.

Noah anxiously fumbled through his bag to assure that he had all the supplies he needed just in case. Berries, roots, and a fire gem. He nodded at Tahvir, "Assuming all goes well that sounds like the plan."

"It's nice to see some liveliness for once." Beryl said, following the Typhlosion out of the portal.

Garland, when he saw the aged Donphan, nodded at her to acknowledge her; they had fought before in three rebellions together, two times in the Mark, and before even that, in the desert around Pyrgos when Hally Windseer attempted to seize the lordship of the Shukahen.

"Ignoring the situation, it's nice to see so many brothers and sisters alive and anxious to fight... And the annoying Poliwhirl too, I suppose."

Dean glared at them, about to retort when Alphus punched him lightly in the shoulder the the water type looked away, rubbing at his sore shoulder.

Garland raised his arm. "I'll have none of that here," he said sternly, "we're a team, in the middle of an important mission."

"Yes, my apologies, Garland. The mission is much more vital than asinine squabbling..." Beryl paused. "What is the mission, again?"

Alphus gave a firm nod to Garland as well, glaring down at Dean who just sighed, "Fiiiiiine, I won't complain or anything." He said as he crossed his arms.

Tavhir nodded as well, pushing his personal irritations aside for the moment. He looked at Garland directly, determination evident in his eyes. "What's the plan?"

Garland sighed, covering his forehead with one hand and with the other on his hip. "I suppose to secure the crystal, for now. Then, we decide what must be done to keep it safe in the future." Jacob had walked forward towards the hill.

"Let's not waste any more time here," he said impatiently. His sister guarded their back as they moved through the dark Vigil's Forest. The name brought courage and confidence to Garland's heart.

"Vigil is watching us," he whispered to himself, glancing at the sky, "and I am ever so glad to have our exemplar on our backs."

Noah glanced once more in all directions as they continued forward. "Are we sure we'll be able to just...enter undisturbed? It doesn't sounds that simple."

"I've heard of some disturbing rumors," Sophia said from the back, "people losing the will to continue when they enter, losing things and having to go back to find them... just be careful."

"If that's the only thing we have to worry about, then that won't be too bad for me. I don't have any things to lose." Beryl said to the Meowstic, laughing.

Garland also seemed unfazed by what Sophia had said for some reason. "Let's just advance. If we find any opponents, we are strong enough to take them all on, but I doubt that is the case."

They were scaling a grassy cliff as Jacob was muttering, "that should take us somewhere nice." And indeed, when they came upon the top of that hill, which was above any treetop, they could see the Obelisk, or at least the building of the Nexus, not very far from their location.

pTzdZo3.jpg

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Into the Obelisk Part 2: Garland, Jacob, Sophia, Beryl, Dean, Alphus​

Garland stood on top of the hill, feeling the breeze blow past his fur; his gaze was fixed on the building that was mistakenly called the Obelisk by the folks of Exathor. The truth was that that was the Observatory, the building that housed the Obelisk, the Nexus. It was an ultra ancient building that was made of the sturdier rock there is, the same kind of rock Stoneyard's monasteries were built of - a material spellbound, ageless and resistant to destruction. Yet there seemed to be something wrong with the Observatory; the sky was visible through it, and it looked as if parts of it floated in mid-air. It was no wonder, just a carefully built illusion that was falling apart as the times passed.

The Otori folks said that the Observatory was not meant to be found just like that; the ancient civilization who established the Sky Nexuses concealed them well with tricks, traps and misleading rumors. The Sky Nexus of the Observatory, the very first one to become active, was veiled in an illusion energized by the Nexus itself. However, the spell had been shaken for as long as historians remember, and it had only gotten worse with the passing of the centuries. Now before them appeared the Observatory, albeit half, but still imposing in its structure.

Zack spread his arms and flew down the hill towards it like a plane. "Vroom!"

They walked through the grassy valley in front of the Observatory. Garland got on his four to scale up the steps and arrive in front of the entrance. He had never seen a building like this; it almost seemed like a fortress. Maybe it was a fortress. He glanced worriedly to the northern skies, where the clouds where the darkest; the Crimson Crusade was coming.

"We have to hurry," he urged his team while looking inside the entrance. There were no lights to speak of and the dark gave off a spooky feeling, as if someone was watching, and knew they were there. "Light up your fires and stay close." He unfastened the golden star on his belly and held it high as he walked in first, as if to dispel any evil that was lurking.

Alphus followed in as he flipped to a new page in his pad and began to lightly scratch upon it.

"Don't worry sir!" Dean said enthusiastically, "Alphus here is great with maps. At least we won't get lost!"

Alphus paused for a moment before he took his pack off and instead placed it backwards so it would press against his chest. He signed a bit in the air at Dean and the Poliwhirl nodded, "Good thinking, can't have you losing that while we're down here. It's a fresh pad I know, but still."

Alphus glanced about as his own wrists lit up and he carefully drew upon his paper.

"Light, quite a lovely thing!" Dean said.

When he wasn't running around with smut in his hands, the Poliwhirl seemed attentive to the quiet Blaziken. "Yes, light. Most useful in a dark place as this." She could not do much else aside from walking. She had no hands for torches, or fiery attacks to light the way, so decided to stick with someone who could.

Sophia was in the back, covering their tracks, while her brother Jacob was in the front with Garland, touching the ground and the walls, trying to identify something. Something that itched him, but he didn't quite know where. "Did you find anything, Prankster?" Garland said.

"There's lots of psychic traces here," he said plainly, "someone's been using a lot of tricks here."

Garland nodded his head as they continued walking through the corridor; they finally came upon a small room, like a hall of some sort, with dark green rock underneath them. There was a wooden sign plastered in the floor, which read, "Keep out! ... or enter, if you seek access to the Obelisk."

Zack raised his eyebrows, "seriously? Why else would we be here?"

"Who in their right mind would write something like this?" Sophia wondered out loud.

The group noticed that there were two corridors up ahead; the path was splitting up. Garland tried to recall if the place had ever been mapped before. He remembered the Gold Tribe had tried to map it when Vigil was commanding them. Little of it had actually been mapped. The two paths in front of them led to a different labyrinth each, but the truth was, Garland had bested both labyrinths in the past. "I know what we must do," he said, "we must split up; each group must reach the end of those labyrinths for all of us to gain access to the top of the Observatory. Leave signs behind you so you won't get lost."

"Split up?" Dean asked, "Isn't that... like bad? I mean, I get the objective here, but usually when you split up that's when the crazy stalker killer takes us out one by one."

Alphus punched him again in the shoulder and the Poliwhirl crossed his arms, "Fine, but when we start getting killed one by one, don't complaining to me."

Alphus looked down at his paper and gave a small nod to Garland to indicate his readiness.

Beryl just looked at the Poliwhirl for his comment. "You feel you'll be killed even though you'll be around our Blaziken brother? How trusting you are." It was too dark for him to see her eyes roll. The Blaziken was very silent but Beryl could tell he was no pushover.

She turned to Garland and the Meowstic. "I shall accompany you, Garland. You know more of this place than I." Plus, she did not want to be around a constantly complaining Poliwhirl.

The group moved through the labyrinth quietly, with Jacob leading the way, holding a paper that the leader had handed him. It was a quick sketch that Garland had gotten Alphus to draw before they headed out - but it was subject to Garland's faulty memory, as the original map of this place was back in the Vaults of Reflection, and the last time he walked through this labyrinth was nine years ago. They did come against two dead ends, but they always returned back to Sophia's Hidden Power lights that she was leaving behind.

The entire time they walked, Garland was holding his golden star above his head like you would hold onions to send away ghosts. He sometimes called out, "we are the Gold Tribe," or "we do not mean harm."

Dean leaned in to whisper to Alphus, "T-Those things about ghosts... that's all fake right? I mean, it's old rumors to keep people out of here. They can't possibly be true." He croaked out as he looked about warily. Alphus just gave a shrug in reply, though Dean groaned, "Don't be like that dude! You know I hate surprises! It's like in that one play we saw, damn, I forgot the name. Remember it was about those guys who went into that haunted house and ghosts killed them one by one?"

Alphus just shook his head as Dean balled up his fists, "You know what? When some ghosts come to chomp on our souls I'll let you deal with them."

"Stories are just stories. In reality, 'ghosts' are just Ghost Pokémon. There is no need to be as afraid as you are," Beryl replied. Though she did not understand Garland's behavior, she still felt that such fear was unnecessary.

"I'm not afraid!" Dean insisted, "I'm just... cautious."

Beryl sighed at the statement. Not only was the guy annoying, but he was also a terrible liar. Though, with even Garland acting suspiciously cautious, maybe it would be better if someone tried to lighten the mood.

"I don't believe I know any of you, aside from Garland. I am Beryl Ibha, "Steamroller" of the Gold Tribe. May I ask your names?"

Dean puffed out his chest, "Dean's the name, and this is Alphus. World famous painter all extraordinaire I have to say! He made that big mural that caused all the controversy back during the first war you know!" He said in a matter of fact tone, "If you don't know who he is, then someone has to do a culture check!"

Alphus just gave a meek nod to Beryl as he followed along behind Garland.

"See, I'm his translator. We go way back baby, and of course Alphus is the most special guy ever! Er, behind Garland. His net worth is through the roof!"

"I see," Beryl noted. The poor Blaziken must hate having such an idiot serving as his voice. "I do recall the mural, but I did not remember the painter. That was you, Alphus?" she asked. "I remember it caused quite a ruckus, but the attention to detail was astounding. A beautiful piece."

"I appreciated it too," Jacob said, and they could hear his grin, "I loved the look on some faces when they saw it. Left here," he said and stirred abruptly.

"We're nearly there, aren't we?" Garland said, panting; he looked stressed.

There was light at the end of the corridor. They were coming to the end of the labyrinth, which wasn't nearly as big as someone would have imagined; the room that unfolded in front of them was a simple and plain one, with stairs leading up and down. "We take the stairs," Garland said, urging Jacob to climb the massive steps to the next floor. Soon enough, the two Meostics were panting like Garland.

"Who were these steps made for?" Sophia asked exasperatedly, "Pokemon who built this place must've been huge..."

"Whomever they were, they obviously were not expecting shorter company," Beryl grunted, reaching for the next stair. Donphan just weren't built for stairs, let alone huge ones.

After three flights of stairs, their torture seemed to end. Jacob crawled to the next room, dragging his bag along with him. "I can't understand the architecture of this place," he muttered, "first a labyrinth, then stairs..."

His sister Sophia had been carried by Alphus, for whom the stairs were more suitable. She thanked him with a nod and jumped next to her brother, helping him up and relieving him of the bag he was carrying.

They proceeded into a long, grey room with holes on the ceiling, where the dim light of the cloudy sky entered from. It was empty there, but it gave off a regal feeling all the same - there was a silver throne some yards away from them. "... and now a throne room?" Jacob asked, puzzled. He headed in first, suddenly having forgotten the weariness of the steps, and started looking around for traps.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

Treading through the Observatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhkKt9466o

Noah on all fours crouched lower to the ground as they neared toward the Obelisk. Even though they were still a small distance from it, the massive structure was still rather imposing enough to send a chill down the Typhlosion's back. He gestured to Tahvir. "Hey Tav, you're short. You wanna go ahead just a bit? It seems like we'd both have an easy time not being spotted by an enemy." He then added, "Just as a precaution. Still not trusting the vibe that Obelisk gives me. We'll be able to give everyone the heads up if we see something."

Tavhir grumbled quietly at being called short, but quickly dismissed the annoyance. He followed Noah's lead, walking a small distance ahead alongside the Typhlosion. He turned to his sides periodically, making sure nobody else was around. Aside from their group, they appeared to be alone. For now, at the least. "I think we're safe, at the moment."

"It appears so," Prince Cyrus whispered. The Beartic had brought with him a small pouch full of marble balls that he used to play with. When they came upon the room with the sign and Garland decided they must split up, he took them out and smiled at Tavhir and Noah, saying, "I knew we would need them." To the others, he said, "I'll go with these two. Good luck."

Noah rose, scratching his chin, looking left and right down the corridors of the Obelisk. It was rather dark and dreary so the Typhlosion's first instinct was to alight the flames on his back to raise visibility. He quickly stopped himself when he realized it might give them away. "Uhhh, you guys don't mind it being a little dark right? Anyway, the crystal should be towards the top like the Nexus right? I think we'd have a lot easier time snatching this one than the last one seeing as there isn't a giant Yveltal blasting at us."

"Hopefully," Tavhir responded, though he didn't sound particularly optimistic. The darkness didn't bother him; being a dark-type himself, his eyes were well adjusted to the dark. "Perhaps I could lead the way? This darkness isn't an obstacle for me."

Cyrus nodded happily as Noah was saying,"Oh right, right. Lead the way." Noah dipped his head and cleared a path for Tahvir to step in front. The only thing that troubled the fire-type about this particular Obelisk was that it had a few different steps to choose from. All going up, and possibly to the same destination, but he didn't like being unsure of where he was going either way.

"I'll walk in the back," the Prince said; he was taking marble balls from his pouch and placing them behind as they progressed in the narrow path. He was suddenly afraid the marbles wouldn't suffice, as his pouch wasn't anything big, but he had heard the Obelisk's labyrinth wasn't particularly large, so much as it was complex and tricky. But so far, they had only encountered turns that they had to choose from; some took them to dead ends, and the others took them further up the darkness. There seemed to be a slight incline on the floor, as if they were going up, so Cyrus had to place the balls carefully so they wouldn't roll.

With short Tavhir in the front, the flames on Noah's path lit the way easily, while they were blocked behind him by the bulky Beartic.

Tavhir kept close to the others so they wouldn't lose sigh of him. He trekked onward, hoping they were going the right way. Even with his adjusted vision, he wasn't fond of tight spaces. As they walked, he turned his head slightly towards Noah. "Hey... I don't think I ever got to thank you for what happened in the Nexus." He cleared his throat, not used to showing gratitude, feeling slightly awkward. "So, uh... thanks."

"Oh that?" He gave Tahvir a friendly pat on the back. "No problem brother. I understood you were really out of it after the whole thing. Not your fault."

"I've heard about that," Prince Cyrus said, his eyes on Noah's flaming back, "you faced off with Thrace and lived. Very impressive, Noah! You must be something to be reckoned with in battle. I wish I was there to see it! Just goes to show we still have a chance of beating her, if we combine our efforts." In truth, the Prince wasn't as optimistic as he made it sound, but Garland had taught him to believe in those he had for allies, while Achilles had taught him to estimate their abilities rightly.

The tphlosion's smile was as bright as the flames on his back. "Of course, and thank you! That's exactly why the Gold Tribe as a whole is force to be reckoned with as well."

"Yeah..." the Pawniard replied, sounding less than sincere. Truthfully, he wasn't sure if victory was possible, at least in their current state. He kept his pessimism to himself; it surely wouldn't have helped anybody. Maybe they could win. It was a small chance, but just maybe...

After several minutes of walking upward, a rather large opening in the stone wall revealed new angles of the Obelisk they hadn't yet seen from ground level. The damaged and fragmented shapes it seemed to be broken into made Noah even more restless. "Any idea what company we could have waiting if we were to have a run in with anyone?"

Just as he said that, a fierce wind blew through the narrow path, lessening Noah's flames; the place was suddenly dark. Cyrus braced himself for a fight, glancing quickly behind them. But the threat, or at least what appeared to be a threat, was in the path in front of them. An eerie, blurry figure shrouded in a ghostly light emerged from the wall, about twenty feet down the corridor ahead of them; that's where the wind was coming from, as well as a low voice that resonated from it: "Begone... begone, I said! Or doom will find you!" It was hard to discern the characteristics of the floating body, but it looked like an alien Pokemon. It vanished after the message was carried.

Cyrus cracked his knuckles, expecting enemies to pop at them, but he couldn't hear, nor feel another threat. "What in the world was that?" he whispered, glancing behind him.

Tavhir immediately assumed a battle stance, glancing around the corridor frantically. Unfortunately, he didn't get a good look at the creature. "I don't know..." he replied. After a minute, he shook his head, pointing forwards. "We're not going to figure out just standing around. We should keep going."

Restless waked a bit further, up until the point where the apparition had been spotted. It was there that the dark-type could feel something. A trace... faint, but it was there. He walked a bit further, feeling a trail. "Psychic traces... I can feel it. Whatever that thing was, it left a trail for us to follow, and I think it knows this place better than we do."

Noah took a moment to observe the area. Sending a few individual flames of will-o-wisp to float about allowing visibility in all directions. "Definitely not here anymore. It might have been a ghost type. Though the shape of what we saw doesn't remind me any ghost 'mon I can recall." He dispersed the flames and re-ignited the one on his shoulders. "I say we move on, but leave some sort of warning for the others once...or if they reach this point."

Tavhir nodded, leading the others forward. He followed the psychic traces, walking through the winding passages for what seemed like an eternity. It wasn't until later that the Pawniard realized they were no longer ascending upwards. Now, it appeared they were moving downward. He checked the floor for the marbles they had left, but found none. They weren't going backwards, at least.

Moments later, Tavhir squinted his eyes. Down the hallway they walked shone a light. Small, dull, but it was there. He motioned towards the others behind him to hasten, travelling closer to the source.

Once they arrived they found themselves in a large, dark room. The walls were filled with large holes... it appeared to be some sort of mausoleum. The ceiling was an arch above their heads and it was supported by great, circular columns; to each of their side, coffins were placed next to the walls, and bones could be seen inside the holes, but not only. There was glittering treasure besides the bones, as if the dead were buried with it. The entire chamber omitted a sense of dread; the air was thick and stale. When the group warily took their first steps in, the torches lit themselves. Cyrus walked a bit to the front, his eyes glancing past all the coffins. "Tread carefully. Do not disturb them," he whispered, "they're guarding their gold." He was referring to the Cofagriguses, of course.

"Eck...Who would?", Noah shuddered. He made sure to stay in the middle of the room as he walked, as far away from the coffin-lined walls as possible. "So these pokemon were the ones who tried to spook us away then?"

Cyrus tugged lightly on his icy beard, examining the passive ghost-types from a distance. "What we saw earlier wasn't a ghost, I think..." And just as he spoke, the eerie light appeared again on the far end of the burial chamber.

The figure rose from the wall, blurry like before, like a shimmering spirit. "Come no further, a psychic voice echoed in their minds, oooo... come no further! It was trying to scare them away! Cyrus stepped towards it and shouted, "I am the Prince of Exathor, and I command you to show yourself!"

To the others he whispered, "worth a try," and chuckled.

The phantasm stared at them for a moment, as if contemplating. Then it vanished, taking the ghostly light with it. The Beartic shrugged. They continued their way, until they came upon stairs that were ruined; there was a giant hole on the floor, where the stairs were once going down. Peeking down the hole, Cyrus could see what little sunlight the cloudy weather allowed, playing on a body of water. He was looking at a lake that was somehow reached by the sun, even though it was underground. "That's it," he said, "Garland told me this is where the Obelisk is. Normally, we'd take the stairs, but... they seem to be ruined."

"That...can't be right? I mean we've gotten so close." Peering down the hole himself, he looked down at the lake. "Mmm... it does seem as though we could survive the fall as long as we land in the lake. I say we go ahead and jump."

Tavhir looked nervously at his own hands, recalling the last time he fell in a body of water. "If somebody doesn't mind carrying me, sure..." He grimaced slightly, silently cursing his lack of fingers. "These kind of make swimming impossible," he said, motioning to his bladed hands.

Cyrus nodded, understanding the Pawniard's distaste for water; he was going to propose that he carried the Pawniard while on the swim, but he knew the guy wouldn't like that. So he kneeled near the hole, brought his hands together and from his palms emerged solid ice, which he placed on the edge of the hole. The ice on his beard joined the ice on his palms, the amassing ice growing downwards like a waterfall that was frozen solid during winter time. "Give me some time," the Prince said in concentration as the ice thickened, forming a strong base on the ceiling of the cave below. After a few minutes, the solid wall had reached the surface of the water. When the Prince was done, he was panting from the effort. He got up and looked at them. "You two can climb down. I'm doing the Blast Bomb."

The Beartic jumped into the hole, hugging his knees and curling his body into a ball that was rolling as he fell... the splash he made shook the waters of the lake. Moments later, he emerged and violently shook the water off his head, glancing at somewhere off. "Here it is," he shouted.

"Ah, resourceful!" Noah carefully planted his feet on the ice and began to slide down the ice form by Cyrus. Halfway down he finally realized he was about to dive into an actual lake. In his hastiness to move on he forgot about his natural distaste for water. Oh well.... Bracing himself he made a large splash in the water as he crashed down. The water was shallower than he expected. Noah rose to the surface and swam shortly until he could stand above the water. Trudging to lake's edge, he plopped down on the solid stone, signaling a thumbs up to the others.

Noah and Cyrus were on shallow waters for now, on an island that didn't quite touch past the surface of the waters. "Restless, I think you can jump over," Cyrus said, without looking at the Pawniard. Tavhir dug his blades into the ice wall, beginning the slow descent down to where they were.

"Well, at least these are good for climbing," the Pawniard thought, jabbing his bladed hand into the ice, forming a solid grip. Once he was close enough to where the others stood, he took a deep breath and leaped off the wall, landing with a roll onto the small island. He rose to his feet, glancing over at his allies.

It was immediately clear where the sunlight was coming from. They were underground, far below the surface of Exathor, but the cave was a giant hole in the side of Exathor. In front of them, the sky opened vastly, full of clouds that were visibly moving. And in the center of this underground lake, where the waters were shallow the most, the Obelisk pierced upwards like a spear, its top at least ten feet from the ground. It was made of white stone, though it had circles, lines and shapes carefully engraved on it - and you could tell it was a hollow structure, as you could see through some of its parts. It almost looked like it was made of different pieces that were put together, rather than a singular obelisk. Wild Wingulls circled around it, a rare sight in Exathor.

The Obelisk was the key component of the most ancient Sky Nexus; in it, although they could not see it yet, was the crystal that energized the barrier. Like the Nexus in Stoneyard had the massive crystals on its top, this Nexus had the Obelisk to house the crystal. Cyrus was almost sure he could feel the familiar energy radiating from it, although the feeling was subtle.

Tavhir looked upwards at the structure, feeling a small sense of awe. "So then..." he said, keeping his gaze on the Obelisk. "What now?"

Cyrus paced towards the Obelisk carefully, his feet gently splashing on the shallow water that was reflective of the sky; it felt like they were standing on the clouds. He glanced upwards, to the ceiling of the cave. There was a dark hole there, different than the one they had fallen through. "I think," he said, "from what's Garland told me... we will have to wait for them to activate the Obelisk. It must be done from the Observatory, which is located on the top of the structure."

Standing up, the Typhlosion momentarily ignited the flames on his back, instantly drying himself, and letting off the steam of the lake water. "So we have to wait down here, while someone reaches the Observatory?", he looked up for a moment at the exposed sky and point. "All the way up there? I assume the others are heading that direction?"

"I... hope so," Cyrus said, absent minded, his voice echoing across the waters. "I am not sure if this is an additional measure of defense, but the Keeper had once told me that no one was meant to access this chamber - folks only went to the Observatory. Someone who knew a lot about the subject once told me that the building above the Obelisk's chamber was a palace for the sovereign ruler of Exathor, who lived many, many centuries before Hesperia and Stygia were formed and before the catastrophes that deprived us of historical records of his time. That ruler, forgotten in our times, had dedicated the palace to the learning and better understanding of the world, especially the stars. The Observatory was built so people could measure how much Exathor had traveled from its former place in the ground."

"Huh," Tavhir said. History always went over his head, but standing in a place of historical significance in person made it a little more interesting. For now, it appeared they would be looking for the others to reach the top. The Pawniard sat on the ground cross-legged, the water just reaching above his feet. "I guess now we play the waiting game."​

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
Bat Out Of Hell
Garland, Jacob, Sophia, Beryl, Alphus, and Dean
16/10/1059

Beryl had finished catching her breath when the blue Meowstic began to frantically scan the room. For what, Beryl did not know. Who was this Meowstic, again? She recalled that, shortly before the second battle at Deathbringer's Mark, Garland had promoted that very Meowstic to the position of Second In Command when the former did not return. His name was... Jacob? Yes, Jacob.

"Jacob," she called to him, "have you found anything strange? Aside from the large throne in the room, of course."

The Meowstic scurried across the empty, plain throne room, quickly touching the walls and the floor as if he was playing tag. He stopped when Beryl addressed him, but he didn't look at her. He was looking up, to the shadows between the holes on the ceiling that let the sunlight in. "I've found something! It looks bad."

Garland, Sophia and Zack raised their heads up to take a look at what Jacob was referring to. At first it wasn't obvious - the shadows were dense, but then Sophia squealed. If you looked hard enough, you could see hundreds of pairs of little red eyes, all staring at them. When they realized they had been spotted, they rushed together in a black waterfall. "Zubats and Golbats." Jacob stated calmly, intrigued, as the wild Pokemon came rushing down at him, screeching and flapping their wings.

"Jacob, be careful," his sister bellowed, pointing at the Zubats; her fiery Hidden Power orbs were shot at the Pokemon, just as Jacob's figure wavered after he fired off an Extrasensory attack that pierced the wave of Zubats like a spear.

The bats were hiding in every part of the ceiling, and the ones who attacked Jacob were just one tenth of the problem. Zack screamed and pulled his hair in disbelief, frozen to the ground, but Garland slapped the Electabuzz on the back of the head. "They're just Zubats," he barked and rushed to help Jacob with a Hydro Pump.

"Oh, yeah!" Zack shouted, regaining his nerve, cracking his knuckles and showing his teeth. "Prepare to be owned!" He raised his tightened fists in the air and channeled electricity in a Discharge that flew to the dark cloud of Zubats that were quickly engulfing Jacob; when the lightning struck one bat, it shot to every bat nearby, zapping the weak flying-types, who fell to the ground, fried. "Oo," Zack let out, smirking, "it's raining bats."

"Time to get to work, I suppose," Beryl said as she jumped forward, her body quickly assuming the circular form necessary for a Rollout attack. Wheeling towards the horde of Zubat and Golbat, she jumped off the ground and launched herself at them. She felt a number of impacts on her spinning hide, and found herself on the ground soon after. Speeding away from the battle, she turned around as quickly as she could manage and launched herself at them again, running over a number of bumps which she had to assume were fallen bats.

Dean meanwhile was holding out his hands as bubbles shot out to slam up into the horde of bats. "Haha! you flying rodents don't have anything on us!" He shouted out gleefully.

Alphus meanwhile was letting out bursts of fire to roast the bats as they swooped down upon him. As he was about to let out another Flamethrower he tensed up. A Zubat had managed to fly from behind and latched onto his bicep, its fangs digging deep into the muscle. The distraction was enough for other bats to fly forth, several landing on his arms and legs and digging their fangs in.

He gritted his teeth and opened his mouth as he breathed embers out onto the parasites that clung to him, yet for every one he burned away another two quickly clung. Alphus tensed his body as he gathered power in his very core and an Overheat rushed out that toasted the swarm that had surrounded him.

Landing from her second strike at the enemy, she turned for another strike, and blazed off at the Zubat again, this time coating herself in an Ice Shard which she fired off around her when she made the next airborne impact.

Dean kept on shooting out bubbles before finally aiming his spiral as it began to swirl about slowly. The bats that managed to catch sight of it quickly began to fall, snoring on the ground from the Hypnosis attack. Alphus was keeping busy as well. He would shoot out flames at the horde, then quickly pull off any bats that had managed to bite into his body, then switch back to his killer flames.

"Sleepy time!" Dean called out, "Pig girl take them out!"

Oblivious to any of her teammates while spinning, Beryl just kept launching herself at the remaining horde of Zubat, charging and firing Ice Shards as possible.

The horde of bats seemed to realize that their foes weren't as easy a prey as they had thought. With all the powerful attacks the Gold Tribe threw at them, they were pushed back, and the more cowardly ones fled first, screeching, scared; they dispersed, frantically trying to get away from the lightning, the ice, the water and the psychic blasts.

When Beryl's fourth attempt at attacking did not seem hit anything, she landed, unfurled herself, and tried to reassess the situation. The flying Pokémon had scattered, breaking formation, and now hitting them would be hard for her. She ran towards her allies, firing off more ice at the stragglers, hitting a couple more.

"Oh yeah!" Zack bellowed, "take that, Zubats! In - your - face! Hah!" One of the running Zubats stumbled and stuck right onto his head, making the Electabuzz fall back on his butt and scream, trying to pull it off. "NOOO! AAAHH! Taking fire, taking fire!" He fell to the side and started rolling and squirming, until his fur's electricity zapped the bat away.

The rest of the bats were flying out of the holes on the ceiling. "Finally," Garland said hurriedly, taking a breath. Jacob was dusting his shoulder off, the Zubats laying dead or dying by the hundreds around him. "All in a day's work."

Sophia was already examining the throne. "This looks like it's some sort of elevator," she said, her voice echoing in the now empty room. There was a button under the right arm of the throne. "Gather here. Is anybody hurt?"

"Mentally, yes," Zack said, all choked up; nevertheless, he walked up to the throne.

"Doing fine here, but Alphus got some deep bites." Dean said as Alphus walked on over, sitting down next to the throne with some drying blood clinging to his red fur. He gave Sophia a weak smile as he looked about before pulling out sketch book and began to draw a bit in it.

"Ah, he's fine. If he can draw right now then he's just fantastic." Dean said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"Eat," Jacob shouted, running and throwing an Oran Berry right at the Blaziken's mouth!

Alphus watched the berry come and opened his mouth to catch it.

"Damn, how'd you get such a great aim Prankster?" Dean asked.

"You... really shouldn't ask," Sophia said, glancing worriedly at Jacob, who'd turned his back to them and was on his knees, examining the throne.

Beryl, however, was resting on the ground while the others messed around. Battle was a nice change of pace, but she was not in a state for prolonged combat. Her unhealed wounds were aching. She had pushed herself too hard against such a weak foe.

"I do not think it was wise of me to jump around like that," she muttered to herself.

Sophia jumped off the platform of the throne, landing next to Beryl. "The bats didn't do this, did they?" she asked, nodding at her wounds.

"No, these are remainders from Deathbringer's Mark. I've not had time to see a healer for them," Beryl replied to the Meowstic.

"You should have seen someone," she scolded her, but at the same time, she took two Sitrus berries from her own pouch and placed them in front of the Donphan. "These will help."

"I did not have time to. We had to move out so soon after arriving in Amoon..." Beryl shook her head. "Thanks very much for the berries. They will help considerably." She grabbed both berries with her trunk, threw them into her mouth, and began chewing. Her wounds slowly started to ache less.

Sophia nodded and smiled at her nicely.

Dean sat back, "So... what now? There aren't any more stairs to climb after the elevator, right?" He asked.

Jacob squinted his eyes, as if to measure the throne. "We'll see... come on, everyone, step around here. We're going up." Once the band of Gold Tribe had gathered around the throne, the Meowstic reached and pushed the secret button under the throne's arm. The ground shook briefly - indeed, it was an elevator that would take them up. The platform the throne was built on begun its slow ascent; everyone could hear the gears of this ancient machine squeaking. Zack's teeth were rattling.

"I-I just hope it doesn't fall apart," the Electabuzz stuttered.

"It's not gonna fall," Jacob said, "trust me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back