• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
  • Um. Quick question: Do we gain levels for catching Pokemon? If so, Hanzo may hit level 16 in the next post and evolve.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As soon as you use a pokemon's moves more than just briefly, you get levels pretty much (so if you're creative, you don't have to write battleposts as much!). I just thought this would be the simplest way of dealing with levels since we're here to have fun and interact and discover possible plot, not to learn how to write. Levels aren't a definite measure of who's "in the lead" since how a battle plays out depends more on what the writers want than on who's got the bigger number. Levels are here to give an extra sense of progression, make sure that trainers actually battle at all (otherwise their pokemon can't really get stronger eh?) and keep track of moves and evolutions. So yeah, if your pokemon battles a wild pokemon, it'll get a level :)

I guess, if you're impatient about it, you may evolve Hanzo even before the levels have been given out (levels are handed out AFTER events to give you an incitament to do them xD). Maybe it can evolve together with Melody's Blossom, naaaw :D

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I guess, if you're impatient about it, you may evolve Hanzo even before the levels have been given out (levels are handed out AFTER events to give you an incitament to do them xD). Maybe it can evolve together with Melody's Blossom, naaaw :D

I just like Frogadier's design so much more, so I am a bit impatient xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aw darn, if Sindy evolves before Chespin... Quick Bastian, random Honedge-catching JP before the events!
    /TinaDeenshipping

Btw, Cooper has decided to drop out. Sadface. That means the spot with Fennekin is open, but since some people expressed interest I'll approach them before I officially open it up. Lipey seems... pretty absent these days, so I asked WooliestSteam1something first. Bastian, he maybe didn't see my VM so maybe you can poke him and see if he's still interested? :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Awh, but after the first part of the JP with me and Greigs, Chris is sorta stuck inside of the underground ruins :( However, if you ask reeeeeeeal nice, I can wait with Sindy evolving 'till they run into Ab :3

Also, sent a poke to Wooly to get him going.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha no worries. So you've started writing that then? lol, didn't notice it was already posted. Nice!

I guess, Raikiri and Alby, poke and direct me whenever you're done with Vincent capturing Honedge or evolving Froakie or something :3 Meanwhile I'll be forever a lone a while longer and catch myself a pokémon too or something :33

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years

• [CSS-DIV="background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 15px; border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; width: 700px;"]

SU

Name: Sarah Walter

Starter:
    Spoiler:

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Family:
    Sarah lives in a quaint little house in the town of Cherrygrove City with her mother, father and her younger brother. Her mother works in the towns Pokémon mart whilst her father is not present a lot of the time as he himself is off on his own Pokémon journey. Her little brother is five years younger than Sarah and is not quite ready for his own journey just yet.

Sarah was introduced to the concept of being a Pokémon trainer by her father whenever she was old enough to understand how Pokémon worked. He guided her as much as he could before ultimately leaving the decision in her hands. She finally decided to follow in her father's footsteps and become a trainer like him.

Goals and interests:
    Sarah loves the outdoors and as such she can usually be found resting in a forest or a grassland, quietly relaxing and listening to the sounds of nature around her. She also likes to go for a quick swim should the opportunity arise and she also has a strange fondness for climbing trees. Whilst all this may seem very tomboy-ish, Sarah is far from being a tomboy. Granted she may climb trees and lay down relaxing in a forest but she prefers to think of herself as more feminine than boyish.

Sarah's ultimate goal is to make her family proud, mainly her father. She believes that in order to do that, she must defeat all the gym leaders. Earning all the badges in the region would surely make her father proud of what she had achieved. However beating all the gym leaders isn't Sarah's only goal, along this journey she wishes to befriend many Pokémon, perhaps even turning some of them into her friends which she'll carry along with her as she continues on her journey. Sarah's father taught her that Pokémon are friends and must always be treated that way and that no trainer should ever deliberately hurt their Pokémon. She is not going to let her father or herself down by betraying his words. She wants her family to be proud of what she's achieved, not ashamed of what she's become.

Rival:
    Whilst one may believe that Sarah's rival is indeed her father, Sarah views her father as more of a mentor rather than someone she's trying to compare herself to. She knows that her father is a much better trainer and possibly always will be so she decided to make her father proud by collecting all the badges as opposed to trying to defeat him in a battle.

Sarah's real rival is her childhood friend Sam. This rivalry is more of a friendly rivalry rather than an aggressive one. Ever since they were kids, Sarah and Sam would constantly try to outdo each other in school by always trying to achieve a higher mark in tests than the other person. Sam is two years older than Sarah and as such, he left on his Pokémon journey over a year ago, leaving Sarah by herself.

Sarah doesn't exactly know where Sam is right now but she knows he's out there, and now that Sarah has left on her journey it's a perfect opportunity to start trying to outdo the other person once more.

Strengths:
    Sarah's main strength is her fiery passion for battle. She believes that her father's expertise in training and battling was passed down to her and that's how she developed a love for Pokémon. She can be quick and sharp in the heat of battle, focusing all her attention on the task at hand. However whenever Sarah isn't in a battle, she can be a joy to be around, with her bubbly, jolly personality she always tries to bring out the best in people. Sarah cares greatly for her friends, family and her Pokémon. She will always try to protect them if she feels that danger is lurking just around the corner. She also dislikes making enemies and will always make an effort to become friends with someone that she meets. If an argument does occur between Sarah and someone else, she can't hold a grudge for very long and is generally the first person to apologise.

Sarah is in good shape for a fifteen year old, perhaps even a little more than the average person that age. Her love of the outdoors added with her fondness for climbing trees has given her a good physical form, allowing her to battle and travel for longer.

Weaknesses:
    Sarah's greatest fear of all is heights. Because of this Sarah will always try to cross a bridge or a similar high up structure by staying in the middle of it, well away from the railings. If Sarah does manage to catch a glimpse of high up she is, Sarah will start to feel dizzy and nauseated and above all else she will start to panic quite badly. Whilst she likes to climb trees, she will often asses how big the tree is to decide if or not to climb it.

Another weakness of Sarah's is strangely one of her strengths, her passion for battle. Due to her total commitment in a battle and blocking out outside distractions she can sometimes make foolish decisions such as attacking a much stronger Pokémon with her considerably weaker Pokémon.

Roleplay sample:
    Spoiler:

[/div]

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You are accepted, Wooly :3 Welcome to the RP!

Now, were there any pokémon you'd like to have on your team from chapters 1 and 2? And also were you okay with doing event 3 in chapter 4? As soon as you've decided on pokémon, I'll assign levels for your team. Remember that your starter is shiny though, so it's red and silvery rather than yellow. Hard to find sprites for, of course ^^

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • So hey guys, I was talking to Red regarding Unown. Would you guys agree that if you pointed a Pokédex at an Unown in this story, it'd go something like "Error, unknown Pokémon" since nobody's really seen one before, and the dex wouldn't know what to make of it? I think it could be a really cool sideplot thingie, but it's also up to you guys!

WooliestSteam

Years
  • Whoo! Thanks a million Red! :D

Okay so several things:
    1. Changed the Fenniken sprite art in my SU to a shiny.
    2. I'll take a Poliwag from chapter 1 if that's ok?
    3. I'll pass on the Pokemon from chapter 2.
    4. Yeah I'll accept event 3 in chapter 4 no problem.

Question: Can I still take on Falkner at the gym or am I too late for that?

Also it seems like I'm gonna miss out on a Bagon! >:L

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In case rairai didn't see it, and also alby, we can jp here :3 http://titanpad.com/GGGRstpuK2

Basty - I like the idea! TR will have some Unown knowledge though because that gives me another angle on plot 8) Speaking of which, I should kick that into gear soon because chapters came a bit slower than they seemed to do in my head when I planned it xD Might move an event up or so.

Wooly (or Steam, haven't decided on your nickname yet :p)
    1) okay!
    2) yup! If you start directly with Chapter 4, Fennekin can be Lv 15 and Poliwag Lv 14.
    3) okay!
    4) okay!

Whoa, it was totally unnecessary for me to speak through bullets there. Anyways, yes, you can do the gym battle if you really want. Otherwise we'll just assume Sarah did it and probably won, since her goal and reason for traveling is beating the gyms. If you choose to start at the gym in Chapter 3, I'll have to lower the initial levels for your pokémon to... Say Lv 13 for Fennekin and Lv 12 for Poliwag. I don't really know if that's adequate though, my own pokémon were Lv 11 and 12 when I went to Falkner but I leveled them like hell in that battle. Other people probably had some at Lv 14 and 13 when they went to face him. Everyone came out with Lv 15 or slightly below afterwards though.

I'd probably recommend just starting in Chapter 4 with the event already.

WooliestSteam

Years
  • Awesome!

Let's just go ahead and assume Sarah beat Falkner. Just so that I can catch up to everyone else and not be left trailing. :)

Okay so Fennekin at Lv 15, Poliwag at Lv 14 and I'll be starting with Event 3 in chapter 4 ... sounds good. So just to clarify, I have the go ahead to post now? :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Post at your leisure, young padawan. I'll fill in your details in the IC opening post.

Maybe one of the other players can be the one to find you knocked out after your encounter with Team Rocket? (because the thieves are TR, yeah big surprise, wooh)

Also uh, I made Fennekin a girl :) If you prefer a male Fennekin, let me know. Same with Poliwag's gender, I made it a boy now.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

Years
  • Nah that's perfect. Those genders suit the Pokemon perfectly.

Red see with Event 3, will my character actually be starting event 3 or am I waking up from completing event 3? Bastian confused me! xD

WooliestSteam

Years
  • Perfect! I should have a post up by tonight sometime. Thanks for all the help so far Red and lemme just say I'm extremely happy to be here! :D

[EDIT]: I'll stop spamming the OOC now. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No worries, cool that you're looking forward to RPing with us :3 And also pfff, spamming OOCs is the #1 thing you should do on PC. Have you seen my ridiculous post count? At least we're not actually spamming in this one. We're always a little bit relevant.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • I know I'm late to join and all of the places are taken, but I have a character written up from a long time ago who grew up in violet city. I think that he would fit this game perfectly and if you're interested I'm ready to post.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I know I'm late to join and all of the places are taken, but I have a character written up from a long time ago who grew up in violet city. I think that he would fit this game perfectly and if you're interested I'm ready to post.

Nice to see you are interested! Unfortunately we're full at the moment, more characters would make things messy. I'll keep you in mind if a spot ever opens up though :)

Back