• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    ^ Yeah the camera ange seems to change from town to town. The Home Town screenshot seems to have more of a classic pokemon "eagle eye" view while the City screenshot seems to be angled lower, more on the level of our character. Adjustable camera angles?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    ^ Yeah the camera ange seems to change from town to town. The Home Town screenshot seems to have more of a classic pokemon "eagle eye" view while the City screenshot seems to be angled lower, more on the level of our character. Adjustable camera angles?

雷影 イチロ already translated from the scans that the camera angle is not manually adjustable, instead, it automatically adjusts.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

雷影 イチロ already translated from the scans that the camera angle is not manually adjustable, instead, it automatically adjusts.

Oh really? Must have missed that. Well that's cool, I tend to suck at games where I have to adjust the camera. :P So it does adjust automatically...wonder if they'll use that in relation to the plot or if it's just some nice feature...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    i'd say it can be used as a Plot device, Mise en Scene, Camera angles can affect the way a movie is told, same with games, if you look at how it is at the City, it's down to your characters level and horizontal, so you can barely see the building tops making them appear huge and daunting. (media class pays off)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well from a metaphorical stand point it's obviously going to have it's implications. Something that'll be lost on most casual gamers but I was thinking more on a physically plot related level. As in you're talking to the head of team X but the camera angle is changed so you can't actually see who you're talking to and depending on the leaders involvement in the plot that could have significant implications on the plot...if that made any sense...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Finally, I don't have to read about white hair when I click on here. Anyway, I think we'll be able to set the angle using "L" or "R"

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdxDACr2fQ

Gameplay of Black and White. Shown in Pokémon Sunday.

oh my god that looks AMAZING- thanks for posting :)

EDIT
    https://serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml
    look at the new serebii pics of the city- it has a big bilboard thing on top of the pokemon center, big buildings, a map of the town, the works of a normal anime city
    oh yeah, does anyone else wonder what that building with the green outline on the door is?
    but yeah you can also see what the city looks like from a birds eye view in the first picture (the town map behind the hero)
    EDIT AGAIN
    ok, i keep staring at the pics and...... there are pokemon! honest to goodness pokemon! unless i'm going blind, but i swear i see pokemon!

Last edited:

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    and the more i look at it- i saw 2 pokemon.. it turns out the first was an old lady, and i can't tell if the second one (next to the pokemon center) is a statue of a lady or a pokemon- it's shaped different compared to the normal people, and colored different-
    but i also noticed we'll be having a lot of water in these games

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    and the more i look at it- i saw 2 pokemon.. it turns out the first was an old lady, and i can't tell if the second one (next to the pokemon center) is a statue of a lady or a pokemon- it's shaped different compared to the normal people, and colored different-
    but i also noticed we'll be having a lot of water in these games

It's a water hydrant XD

I will say, I am impressed with the 3D capabilities of these games. I guess this would be something for me to look forward to.

Wow... I just realized I'd really love ROM hackers to try and do anything to these games. I just don't know how possible it would be.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Okay, is it just me or did the girl's clothes change from pink to grey (customization hint?) or was that just her bag...

Also, I think they should keep the names Black and White on the english version, I've got over my "what plain names" phase and think is nice, simple, clean and no over the top.

Also, scratch that cheapskate thing, I'm not waiting till 2013 for the 3rd installment, I'm getting Black the day it come out here! :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Whenever I watch that video I keep thinking to myself "Is that really a DS?" I mean it's absolutley amazing what you can do these days and it seems that Pokemon is really taking the capabilities to the limit. What I really like about the video is the fact that the buildings are massive compared to the player which shows some level of realism. Normally, people in the game describe a building as "huge" but it just doesn't look it because the player is big compared to the building. However, with these new games (I can't say anything for the hometown) they seem to have got it spot on. Although the city still reminds me of Jublife. XD;

Years
    Was anyone else horribly disappointed with the video? The city looks absolutley lifeless. A city of that scale and there's not many people on the streets. The buildings also lack charm and make the whole place look dull. Yeah, cool camera angle and everything but being able to walk in a circle around boring buildings isn't really building hype for me.

And lol at the over-reaction of the Japanese people watching the clip xD

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Was anyone else horribly disappointed with the video? The city looks absolutley lifeless. A city of that scale and there's not many people on the streets. The buildings also lack charm and make the whole place look dull. Yeah, cool camera angle and everything but being able to walk in a circle around boring buildings isn't really building hype for me.
    And lol at the over-reaction of the Japanese people watching the clip xD

You do realise how hard it would be to get around if they put in tons more people right?
    also, notice the buildings are Black and White?
    and finally, the directors of the game said that you wouldn't believe you were playing a Pokemon game. Here's one of the ways to do it, go against the usual happy colour scheme of the past Pokemon games. This is all done on purpose and for a reason, and I've said this many times on the other thread, the colouring of the buildings may be symbolic.

all in all, I wasn't very disappointed at all (although still, lack of doors, that was the ONLY disappointing thing) , that video made me more psyched to get the game.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i know this has been mentioned before, but it looks like there is a grass path leading out of the north side of the city (you can see on the map)
    oh yeah, can anyone translate what they are saying in the video?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    i know this has been mentioned before, but it looks like there is a grass path leading out of the north side of the city (you can see on the map)
    oh yeah, can anyone translate what they are saying in the video?
    does it matter? its not important. all theyre doing is overreacting to a 20 second clip of a pokemon game that is just showing walking while they are probably planning suicide because they are grown adults having orgasms over pictures of a pokemon game on japanese tv

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    All you guys asking what is that thing on the road, that belongs in speculation (not trying to minimod, just sayin).

But damnnnn it's not even recognizable as Pokemon (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    That video has restored my faith in the Pokemon Company.

If they can do stuff like that on a DS screen, what can't they do?!

(completely rhetorical)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    You do realise how hard it would be to get around if they put in tons more people right?
    also, notice the buildings are Black and White?
    and finally, the directors of the game said that you wouldn't believe you were playing a Pokemon game. Here's one of the ways to do it, go against the usual happy colour scheme of the past Pokemon games. This is all done on purpose and for a reason, and I've said this many times on the other thread, the colouring of the buildings may be symbolic.

all in all, I wasn't very disappointed at all (although still, lack of doors, that was the ONLY disappointing thing) , that video made me more psyched to get the game.

I'm glad the the "big city" looks more like a big city now its amazing what happens when you push all the buildings together..

Agreed, this is still in development don't be alarmed at what you can't see in the screenshots.

does it matter? its not important. all theyre doing is overreacting to a 20 second clip of a pokemon game that is just showing walking while they are probably planning suicide because they are grown adults having orgasms over pictures of a pokemon game on japanese tv

wow.

Well they are definitely pushing the DS's abilities to the max, thats for sure, but still I find it impressive that they can get that much detail from it. Im wondering if you can walk outside of a fixed axis

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back