• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • If it IS a polar bear, I'm naming him Churchill. /shot for patriotism

Not that that matters, I'm picking nonchalant, duck, grass...

Thing.

Now I just need to decide which protagonist is less bland so I can choose him/her.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I just saw them on Serebii. I was the most excited to see the grass starter, and it turns out that it's the best looking out of all of them. Pokemon sure seems to make reptilian grass starters, but I like this one's design. A lot cooler than Treeko.

The pig could have potential, I guess, depending on its evolved forms...

But that water starter is just ugly.

And what's with the female character's bangs? At least you can't see them in the game...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • could anyone translate the text?
    Heres the full 2 pages, https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Corocoro7.jpg
    I really want to know what its saying about the regions on the left page

I can't read Japanese but I can tell you that the regions pictured are Sinnoh, Johto and Kanto and then the arrow point to a picture of one of the cities in the new game. Presumably the one we've seen gameplay footage of. Right below they do the same thing with the protagonists.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • These are so bad. :(

They look like something out of a very bad fan-made fakedex.

Years
  • Oh my god you guys I actually love them. The grass one is such a smug little jerk, the fire pig is adorable and I will henceforth call it BACONATOR, and the otter/bear thing is so sad-looking I just want to hug it. It's like it knows that the internet hates it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Oh my god you guys I actually love them. The grass one is such a smug little jerk, the fire pig is adorable and I will henceforth call it BACONATOR, and the otter/bear thing is so sad-looking I just want to hug it. It's like it knows that the internet hates it.

LOL!!! Well if it smiled, maybe the internet won't hate it, I'd probably put it ahead of the Fire Pig. The Grass one's the best out of the bunch. The Female protagonist is hawt! And could be my age ;)

There's been:
    Misty
    May
    Dawn
    She could be April... :)
    (sorry for speculative bit)

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    The more I look at it, the more the Grass and Fire starter grow on me. I can't show any love to the Water starter sadly.

The trainers look great though.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Have anyone seen this?
    Current Generation Five Information Thread

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Those screenshots look brilliant! It looks to me like there are more "pointless" areas, which I like, it makes the Pokemon world feel a bit more real and less like a fake area where everything there is directly related to you and your quest.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • What a group of starters, eh? My first opinion? Of course I love them! They're really cute which, as I noted previously, is what the first stage of a starter should be. They're your first Pokemon - of course you want them to be cute. When they evolve is when they should start becoming much stronger. I think these new Pokemon hit that mark very well. On first look, I think I might choose the Grass type because it just appeals to me. It looks so sly which makes me want to use it and see how it'll react. It's like it's testing me.

The characters? I have to say, for once, personally, congratulations to GameFreak's designers. I mean, wow! The male looks cool. No other word for it, just cool. His trousers are nice and baggy, his coat split at the bottom and his sweet hat. As for the female. Wow. Wow. Oh my. She is - just wow. Everything about her is just incredibly attractive and, best of all, modern. Nice short coat, short shorts and boots. What girls of today wear. Kudos GameFreak. Kudos on such great designs, both the starters and the characters. In my opinion, they're awesome. Full stop.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    yay, Gamefreak finally decided to let time go on and make protagonists that are older in age :P, and the designs are just stunning, best so far in pokemon in every angle possible and the new screenshots show more 3d graffical features in the game, and hopefully bigger cities and villages. I just hope this game doesnt come out as a 3DS exclusive game, looking at the graffics it isnt very a very negligable idea...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I will go on the record right now as saying that I loove Tsutaaja's and Pokabu's designs. Mijumaru, not so much...but I do have a tendency to hate on water-type starters (I hated Piplup and Mudkip when they were revealed, and grew to at least respect their fully-evolved forms)

I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys' fully evolved forms for the fun of it. I can see Tsutaaja evolving into a rather epic dinosaur thing, but the other two can go anywhere. =/

Remember, it's common to not like the unevolved starters because the fully evolved starters are where it's all at. :D

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'm sorta disappointed. Some of it looks too much like DPPtHGSS, but what can they do, it's on DS afterall. Though they made up for this in my view with the camera angles which are great. I'll just start saving up for a 3DS with the 3rd installation, I'd want to get the Legendary 3DS with that, like the Girantina Lite that came out when Platinum did.

I iwsh the guys jacket switched colours, dark blue body with light blue accents, doesn't really appeal to me as a dark blue one would have.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • yay, Gamefreak finally decided to let time go on and make protagonists that are older in age :P, and the designs are just stunning, best so far in pokemon in every angle possible and the new screenshots show more 3d graffical features in the game, and hopefully bigger cities and villages. I just hope this game doesnt come out as a 3DS exclusive game, looking at the graffics it isnt very a very negligable idea...
    Both Pokémon Black and White will be compatible on all DS systems so far. It's speculated however that the third counterpart to come after Black and White will be made for the 3DS in mind. Although, they have taken the step up and made the graphics more 3D from what was done in DPPt & HG/SS - which in my opinion has been done pretty well.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'm really digging the new designs, though I know a lot of people aren't. Eh, people complain about everything, though, what're ya gonna do?

As much as I like the starters, I'm also curious as to what they'll evolve into, because after all, the first forms are only a third of the whole thing. I'm hoping for a fire boar for El Piggo, but honestly he also looks a little aardvark-ish to me. So we'll see what happens. The new player designs aren't too bad, but a little generic. Not that I would mind playing as them, they're just a bit less distinctive than their predecessors.

Still, great start to the info here. I'm certainly looking forward to more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back