• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I think that most people will get used to the new starters and will apreciate them more when there final evolutions come out. For me, I find the starters rather different from the rest, which is probably why most people hate them so much.
    Is that some kind of pokegadget I spy on both of trainers? It appears that gamefreak won't let those devices go away. For the actual trainers, I have no problem with them. I don't know why gamefreak made them look older, but it seems fine with me. The male trainer reminds me of a fisherman with the orange hat and shoes.

Zameric

The One and Only
    Years
  • I also like how the main characters are supposed to be older than main characters in previous games. Although, I never really thought of the previous main character as looking like they were pre-teen age. They always looks around 14 or 15 to me, but w/e.

I have to admit, so far this is my least favorite set of starters. But I will reserve permanent judgment till their evolutions are revealed.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Starters: For the most part, I am disappoint. Still, I'll wait until we can see their evolutions...

I admit I like the Grass one's name. Tsutaja.

Girl trainer's got crazy hair, dood. And her clothes scare me. I heartily approve of the guy's outfit (excepting the shoes [What's his shoe size? It's over 9000!]), however.

What's the little blurb up top that says "Pokemon NAVI BOOK" about? They called the devicey thing in RSE a PokeNAVI, but that's all I've got...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Is it just me, or they look like the protagonists of FRLG? The guys wear similar jackets, although the colour is different; the girls have those wristbands. Their caps reflect the names of the games there are starring in. One question for the girl: what's that thing coming out of your shorts?

We are now into the fifth generation, so when are we going to break free from the pattern of Grass reptile starter? The trend of Fire mammals and Water cold-bloods had broken in the third and fourth gen respectively. I am getting tired of seeing Grass reptiles as starters, but I shall tolerate it a bit longer because this one actually looks awesome.

How did the Grass starter get the name/classification of snake? It definitely looks more like a lizard/related to Cyndaquil. Please, don't evolve into something that is quadrupedal, or worse, legless. I want you to learn Focus Punch. The Water one looks like a clown and snowman hybrid, something I find myself unable to take very seriously of. As for the Fire piggy, we all can rest well knowing it is not likely to evolve into a Fire/Fighting, but that worries me a lot. If it is not going to be part Ground or Steel, it won't see playability in OU because of SR.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • heres a health bar i drew, its all i could make out from the scan:

Black___White_healthbar_sprite_by_Azzmon.png

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think theyre focusing WAY more on the region and charaters than the Pokemon. :(

How do you get to that conclusion? I personally think they're focusing on all aspects equally, like they pretty much did with the previous generations.

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • These are, in my opinion, the best group of starters yet. People are saying "they don't look like Pokemon" and I agree, but I think that's a good thing. Let's be honest with ourselves, most Pokemon of the past were far from creative. Persian is just a cat with a dot in it's forehead, Seel is just a seal with a horn, Ledyba is just a big lady bug and Grimer is just a pile of goo. Game Freak likes to take already existing creatures, tweak something very, very small, then call it a Pokemon.

The water starter doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before and I'm happy about that. It shows me that Game Freak isn't playing it safe anymore, they're actually getting creative. I think all three starters are great, and I hope the rest of gen 5 can live up to these three.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Loving the starters and loving the trainers. 8D
    Only thing I particularly dislike about this region is the intensely bloated industrialness. / hates cities
    But I'm all for change, so we'll just have to see how the Isshu region turns out in the end before I make unavoidable judgments.
    :pink_smile:

At first the only starter I liked was Mijumaru, but the other two gradually grew on me.
    Now I can't decide which starter I'm going to choose between Mijumaru and Tsutaja..

The female is cool looking, but I think I'm gonna go with the male trainer.
    He's just so... so... gangsta!
    :pink_love:​

Ayselipera

What's with all the water starter hate? I actually think it has some very cute qualities to it. Especially with the little shell on it's belly<3

I won't lie it is a little weird looking, but still I see the underlying cuteness. :3

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    In City Hiun, apparently you can use other cameras to parts of the rotary.
    does that mean that there are camera angle choices, or just automatic changes?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    well to me these same like great starters. although the water one may look weird its probably going to end up being one of the best. all i have to say is that at least they didnt disappoint like they did with hoenn. im sorry, i just really despised hoenn's pokemon.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Like i said before. The grass and fire starters look good. fire looks like itll have good defense and maybe good attack as well. grass looks like it'll be fast. If i could say anything to the water starter itd be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqn7vXeVCLE
    It would be pretty funny if the water-type starter has a beast final evolution, I hope it does, so everyone can stop hating on it. Poor little dude, you never know.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    NO ONE IS HATING ON MIJUMARU ANYMORE OK SO STFU ABOUT THAT GOD!!!

cough cough excuse me...

But yeah most are liking it best and picking it so their aint much hate...Pokabu has the most hate atm...because its bacon...cept everyone loves bacon...

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • NO ONE IS HATING ON MIJUMARU ANYMORE OK SO STFU ABOUT THAT GOD!!!

cough cough excuse me...

But yeah most are liking it best and picking it so their aint much hate...Pokabu has the most hate atm...because its bacon...cept everyone loves bacon...

Uh, I'm going to have to disagree. Mijumaru gets at least 5 hate posts per page on any site, whether it be here or deviantart or anywhere else. Most are neutral on Pokabu, and most people love Tsubasa. Or whatever his name is xD

So you know what people need to realize? Their negativity won't change anything. I think they need to focus on the fact that we have a brand spankin' new pokemon game, and it's going to amazing and a big improvement from the previous ones. And you know what? If Game Freak released a game called "Uglymon", I would still buy it, because regardless of the pokes' appearances, the game itself will always be amazing. Besides, a game called Uglymon sounds hilarious and entertaining.

One thing I really like about these starters is that all three have a distinct look that gives me an idea of their personalities, which hasn't really happened before. All three have different personalities just by their image. Tsutaja is sly and sassy, Pokabu looks energetic and loyal, and Mijumaru has an image of dopey cuteness. I like all of them really, and I agree with The Red Chain: I enjoy the creativity. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the pokemon, although I've vowed not to look them up. I want the same experience I had with gen III, where I don't know anything of the pokemon besides starters, and so every pokemon I encounter is a surprise. This is the most exciting generation yet, imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back