• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
  • Oh boy, I'm intrested to see how this turns out!

Name: Evan Wilde
    Birthday: 5th of October

Appearance: Evan, the Eccentric Ginger. There are many ways to describe Evan, the best way would be wierd. Balmy, absolutely batty. Evan's attire is different to say the least. The term 'complementary' being completely foreign in his diction, Evan's clothing consists of a plaid turqoise-cyan t-shirt and khaki shorts.

With his spectacles in hand Evan can always be seen reading a book and is almost completely oblivious to his surroundings. He keeps all of his books in his magically enhanced pocket his grandfather made for him. Evan stands at a striking 2.3 meters, taller than most he comes across, and weighing 98 kilos.

Personality: Evan is a very merry person, some call him an optimist, others call him really annoying. Evan rarely looks down at the dark side of life and always has his chin up. Despite Evan being bullied around the clock, he refuses to loose his smile. Evan is also very keen and notices many things going around him and can pay attention to multiple details at the same time.

Evan is also very naive and believes that pacifism is the answer to everything and that everything can be solved with words. Evan is also a very habitual liar and will will only speak the truth to his closest of friends. He tends to stay in the back when people are talking or arguing, rarely commenting, not wanting to get mixed up in the situation. 'Silence is golden' is a sentence which rules Evan's interactions. He also tends to think very arithmetically and procedurally evaluating things by numbers, ratios, fractions and percentages.

Ancestry: Half-blood

History: Evan was born in Lancaster, Lancashire to two lovely parents. His mother a mute and his father a handicapped wizard Evan lived a very different childhood. He was always sneered at whenever he came to play with the other kids and they always ran away yelling "Hey look! It's no-leg's son!". Evan always ran home crying and his mother would always have his back instilling happiness and warmth in Evan. His father taught him to respect others around him, even if they didn't respect him. "Everybody has a story they don't share, you need to respect that" was the one piece of advice Evan would never forget.

Evan went to a catholic school known as Saint Helena's. The teachers there vetoed the teaching of any science and the only class which was taugh that related to arithmetics was Math. There were 3 religion courses and 3 English courses which focused upon reading only the bible. The school permitted the use of a cane on children if they ever behaved out of line, and they did nothing to stop bullying. Their excuse being, "If our lord and savior suffered the Cross, you can suffer a beating." Evan hated the school but it was the only school his parents could afford to send him to go to, since it was the only Public school in their nearby area. After Evan got the cane once, he never talked in class or out of it. Evan resembled that of a mute and only talked when he was absolutely forced to. He would always come home, do his homework and go back to school the next day. He went to the Catholic school for 3 years, and was bullied every day of the week. His father told him that the bullies would go away soon. They never did.

Before Evan started his fourth year at Saint Helena's, he was withdrawn from the School and he was homeschooled instead. His parents told him he had aspergers and that was why he had such an intense intrest in numbers and science. Evan was homeschooled by a very nice lady who taught him many subjects and taught them well. His grades never dropped below a 94%.

His mother died 4 years before he went to Hogwarts of Breast cancer. Evan lived with his father for four years practicing magic rigorously as if it was going to honor his mother. He saw every action he did, every person he helped, every spell he learned homage to his mother. His father finally bought him a propper wand rather than a training one given to new wizards. He picked one out, his chosen wand was a Hemlock wand with Unicorn hide. A very expensive wand, but it is said to never loose it's edge. Evan soon started to take his magic very seriously and would always be reading a book about magic. His neighbours would chide him for reading a fiction book at the age of 10 and that he should start reading classics like Dan Brown's and George Orwell books.

One day police arrived outside his father's house when his neighbour allegedly reported extravagant lights and noises emitting from the house. Despite the police leaving with only a few questions and not taking any action, his father told him not to practic magic in a room with windows. Evan practiced in the garage trying out an assortment of spells. He once tried to create a spell but instead he blew a hole in the wall. His father was about to confiscate all uses of magic from Evan as a punishment until they got a letter from Hogwarts, the school of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

House: Slytherin

Curse: Whenever Evan touches a human, he induces a horrible image which lasts for a split second. To prevent such, Evan always wears gloves.

Extra: Evan's wand is made of Hemlock wood with a hilt of Unicorn Hide, he also has a White belly Sea Eagle as a pet of his which he keeps in the birdhouse. Evan's favorite subjects consist of anything which has arithmetics or any computation procedures such as Potion Making.

(Is it too much for him to be an animagus?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh boy, I'm intrested to see how this turns out!

Name: Evan Wilde
    Hello there, thanks for your interest but there are so many who have already expressed interest here that we won't be accepting any more new applicants now. You never know if a spot opens up in the future though :)

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Hello there, thanks for your interest but there are so many who have already expressed interest here that we won't be accepting any more new applicants now. You never know if a spot opens up in the future though :)

What a pity! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stick around and wait till someone drops out. I hope you all have fun with this one!

Years
  • I'm going to add a bit more to my WIP
    Sorry I'm taking so long, but you know how life gets.

Also - WOOLY!!! You're around again xD

Edit: Only the history left. I hope he doesn't seem too skillful at things, but I really wanted to create a sort of troubled genius for some reason. I expect he'll balance out a lot more in actual RP than in his SU anyway, my characters usually do xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gosh, gimmepie. Your char, I don't recognize the person whose appearance you borrowed but his gaze is mesmerizing hehe. Also I'm eager to see if you will be the second person ever in this RP who actually has two living parents.

Scratch that by the way, Wooly's char actually has 3 parents iirc xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Name: Taethi Sandoval
    Birthday: November 14

Appearance:
    Ancestry: Pure Blood
    History:
    House: Slytherin
    Curse:
    Extra: has a 12.5' wand made of Dogwood with Dragon Core, is slightly springy.

Years
  • Gosh, gimmepie. Your char, I don't recognize the person whose appearance you borrowed but his gaze is mesmerizing hehe. Also I'm eager to see if you will be the second person ever in this RP who actually has two living parents.

Scratch that by the way, Wooly's char actually has 3 parents iirc xD

I have absolutely no idea who that person is.
    I just googled what I wanted him to look like and there Mr. Intensity was.

As for Mason's parents, yup both are alive xD

Yup! I'm back again. Hopefully this time I stick around though xD

You better! :P

Edit: Mr. Intensity's SU is complete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Edit: Mr. Intensity's SU is complete.
    You are accepted into 7th year and Ravenclaw! I take it you plan to be pals with Ramsey (STARDU5T's char) since you're both on the Quidditch team?

I'm getting the IC together by the way, so if any more people want in, make sure to finish those SUs :p And let me know when you're done, preferably here in the thread.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • My character is almost done! All I've got left is the history, I'm sorry for the delay, on top of all the distractions I was just being dumb and not having good ideas. Also you can add another to the list of people who's parents are both alive :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My character is almost done! All I've got left is the history, I'm sorry for the delay, on top of all the distractions I was just being dumb and not having good ideas. Also you can add another to the list of people who's parents are both alive :P
    Nice to hear! I have the first IC post written up now but I guess I'll hold it off for a little while longer, then. Until tomorrow, at least :3 Remember I can help out with ideas for curses etc, in case you're stumped.

Years
  • My character isn't particularly palsy with anyone at the moment, but they'd definitely know and probably talk to each other xD

Sound good Star?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    So glad to see the Rp has started. Been wanting to Rp with a mod since joining the site. Only really halfway right now with this first post, so might as well ask now. Is it alright to give perspective of what happened at the feast hall? Not a big deal if not, jut a bit easier to start with that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So glad to see the Rp has started. Been wanting to Rp with a mod since joining the site. Only really halfway right now with this first post, so might as well ask now. Is it alright to give perspective of what happened at the feast hall? Not a big deal if not, jut a bit easier to start with that.
    It is certainly quite alright :3

Years
  • My first post is up! Sorry, fellow Ravens, but I kinda picked the first password. Something fun but simple. And I left it ambiguous who answered, so if you wanna look cool in front of everyone else, go ahead and claim it was you. If you're one of the Ravenclaw players, that is.

Also, my curse has manifested already. And I cast the first spell! Well, tried to. Lousy anti-magic curse...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So you're leaving the common room? Of course, Ravenclaws don't have a professor there to stop them atm so go ahead if you want to break your orders ;p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Did y'all get messages from Basty about Skype?

Years
  • I did but I don't really use Skype much

Edit: Well scratch what I said earlier I got my post up. Hope it's okay that I had Mason go looking to see what Aya is up to xD

I also only just realised that Mason is the only 7th Year.

Are we limited to canon-only spells or are we free to come up with our own?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back