• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    I would've gotten in just before you, but my parents decided to turn the internet off all weekend, so I didn't really get the opportunity to do anything :P
    Well that's tough luck, since the Rp had started and all. I'm probably going to wait for another Slytherin to post, before beginning my second one. Unless the whole midnight timeskip comes, not really all that excited to possibly get lectured by the Head of House belonging to Slytherin.

Years
  • Alright then! Joint post between Godzil, Pie, and I is almost done! I think we will leave it to Pie to post probably. However, I regret to say I will be going on vacation for about a week and a half. Connection to wifi might be a bit iffy, but I'll make it work and keep on posting as much as I can. But if I suddenly disappear, don't panic, I will be back!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Hufflepuff, HARHAHRHAR I forced Roseblunt upon you 8) Now it's time to give him some really wacky curse OH I have just the thing. Just. The. Thing. Yes.

@ Albywaifu, I'll get to replying to your post soon :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    @LastOne- Hope you don't mind that I went ahead and had Fitz interact with Jasper :P
    Nah, it's fine. Just glad I'm not the only one who posted for Slytherin now. Will get a reply done soon, though definitely not the day of this writing. I'm assuming Fitz's reputation precedes her, since she is a bit older than them? And with the whole girls going to the boys dormitory thing, I actually do need an opinion on that. I've been writing the social norms of this Rp, by comparing it to today's society, and things have certainly changed since Harry Potter's attendance at Hogwarts in the 90's.

The way I see it, what with this being a boarding school and all, it's really nothing more than two people hanging out somewhere, like a college dorm room. Besides, recurring themes for Slytherin fics, is that publicly shaming the house is what's important. Anything else really goes.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Nah, it's fine. Just glad I'm not the only one who posted for Slytherin now. Will get a reply done soon, though definitely not the day of this writing. I'm assuming Fitz's reputation precedes her, since she is a bit older than them? And with the whole girls going to the boys dormitory thing, I actually do need an opinion on that. I've been writing the social norms of this Rp, by comparing it to today's society, and things have certainly changed since Harry Potter's attendance at Hogwarts in the 90's.

The way I see it, what with this being a boarding school and all, it's really nothing more than two people hanging out somewhere, like a college dorm room. Besides, recurring themes for Slytherin fics, is that publicly shaming the house is what's important. Anything else really goes.
    Yeah, I'd imagine everyone in Slytherin has at least heard of her, probably even met her at least once as well if they're in her year or below, since she greets every single first year :P

About the girls going to the boys dormitory and vice versa, I'm not even sure about it either; but Fitz is just being a presumptuous little prick either way, lol.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • @Basty & Raikiri Do y'all mind if my character is the captain of Hufflepuff's Quiditch Team? She's going to be a 7th year student so she'll have been there longer so maybe even if they're both better seniority rules? ;D If Drake already is the cap then my b and cause i might have missed something in your SU XD

Years
  • Out of curiosity, who all is on the Quidditch team? And what positions do you play? Just in case it becomes relevant later.

For instance, I'm the only Ravenclaw player not on the team. I'm the silly American girl who doesn't like flying.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Woo I finally got a post up! Sorry it took so long, not too much happened but I like to think I left a myriad of strange details for either Chelsea or Professor Winters to notice even if neither of them would deign speak to him :P

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • @Basty & Raikiri Do y'all mind if my character is the captain of Hufflepuff's Quiditch Team? She's going to be a 7th year student so she'll have been there longer so maybe even if they're both better seniority rules? ;D If Drake already is the cap then my b and cause i might have missed something in your SU XD

I don't mind that at all! Drake is not the leader type, he's more like... let's call him the Bard of a D&D adventure group. Entertaining, everybody loves him, not a good leader and not terribly good in a fight :D

So yeah, feel free to be the captain! I was hoping someone would make a female Hufflepuff Quidditch player, too :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Woo I finally got a post up! Sorry it took so long, not too much happened but I like to think I left a myriad of strange details for either Chelsea or Professor Winters to notice even if neither of them would deign speak to him :P
    Did he walk away from Winter and Summer now or can they still reach him if they talk to him?

Sephear

Years
  • I made sure to end it with him about to walk away, that way either of them can stop him, or if no one cares he can just leave :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Yeah, I'd imagine everyone in Slytherin has at least heard of her, probably even met her at least once as well if they're in her year or below, since she greets every single first year :P
    In the sixth paragraph, for the whole out of place thing, besides Fitz possibly finding it a bit rash Tara had done as she did, I also made it where it looked like her arrival made Tara a third wheel of sorts with the current position Jasper and Fitz are in. So either way, there's enough fun fluff there, not even counting Jasper trying to change the subject to where he wants to take it.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years

Fine by me. Drake and Will are just like...the dynamic duo of the team. She can be like wise leader type or something that keeps their egos in line. Or something. I don't know. Comic Con is making me senile right now xD

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • I'm rushing a bit, but I've got everything except for a curse XD I can't think of one atm

Expect the SU to be up sometime tomorrow when I wake up

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Coolio. So I haven't quite decided on Winter's curse yet... But I think he will have one.

Sephear

Years
  • I'm all for whatever mischievous ideas you've got brewing in that head of yours, I can't speak for anyone else but I say go ahead with your plans >:D

Years
  • WOOOOO!!! WIFI!!!

Thats a thing that I have now, so that is awesome! Good to see the joint post up, and now I should be able to update with a post should anything interesting happen.

Also, Ramsey's position on the Quidditch team is Bludger (I think thats how you spell it).

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Sorry if it feels a bit rushed or not written with enough detail... I was just trying to get this SU out there so I could get started XD couldn't really think of anything too great for a curse, so if you need a better one just let me know

NAME: Caroline O'Connell // AGE: 17 // Birthday: October 21 // YEAR: 7th Year ANCESTRY: Pure Blood // HOUSE Huflepuff​

APPEARANCE: Pictures: {x}{x}{x}
    At exactly 6'1, Caroline is a rather tall young woman that can stand toe to toe with most of those that match up against her on the quidditch pitch. Her long and slender body is packed with lean muscles built from hours upon hours of conditioning. More often than not her she's appears a little more than roughed up, as she takes on countless blows from training and her constantly reckless behavior. However, even when she is covered with bruises and bumps the Irish-Italian girl is quite the beauty. With bright blue eyes, a seemingly permanent grin, and long flowing brown hair she's found herself in the fantasy of many a young Hogwarts student.

As for her attire, during classes and in the halls she dons the standard issued Hogwarts uniform which she despises with a black and yellow scarf wrapped around her neck. When Caroline's back in the Hufflepuff den, she usually goes about with a tank top and some leggings during the warmer seasons while amid the colder weather she wears a hoodie along with some jeans or some sweats.

PERSONALITY: A true Hufflepuff, Caroline exemplifies almost all of the traits commonly associated with her house. Her dedication and hard work in many aspects of her life has earned the respect of both her peers and the teachers of Hogwarts. The facet in which this is easiest to see is the devotion she puts into her sport of quidditch, putting almost all her time and energy trying to improve her game as a chaser. Also while she's not a very talented student, she puts a great deal of effort to keep her head above water. Caroline lives her life to extremes. She's extremely loyal and loving of her friends, she works extremely hard to be her best, and always extremely outspoken.

The one Hufflepuff trait that Caroline doesn't exhibit is patience. Which is another extreme in her life. While she's the first to crack a joke and wash down a pint of butter beer, she's also remarkably hot headed and can go from chugging that pint to breaking it over someone's head. To try and overcome her anger management she's tried a couple of different methods, and found two methods that seemed to help her calm down. A) When she's in the thick of things taking out a cigarette and taking a few puffs helps. Caroline absolutely hates the feeling of smoking, but has found that it helps her keep her composure, even if that just means screaming a few choice words at people instead of bashing their face in. B) When she's back in the dorms and stewing in her own anger, painting and drawing help her relax. While she doesn't put as much time into her art as she does her athletics she has quite a talent for the craft.

HISTORY: Born and raised in a small village on the northern coast of Ireland, Caroline O'Connell was born to the loving couple of George and Crystal O'Connell. The two adored their little girl from the day she was conceived to present days and have never shown a sign of letting up. The couple purposely chose a rather remote location to start their family, so that they could teach their children about magic at an early age and rather than keep it compressed the kids could be free to openly speak and ask questions on the topic before they were shipped off to Hogwarts.

Before she went to Hogwarts, Caroline's days were actually rather exciting as far as she remembers it. While there was the mandatory schooling taught by her mother, there was also the walks along the beach, the exploration of caves on the shore, and running around empty fields until it was time for supper. There weren't any other children in the small community in which she grew up, but the little girl didn't mind too much as she would play games with herself and had social interactions with the local adults in the village.

One of the activities that she most often used to pass the time was honing her athletic prowess. George, a professional quidditch player turned grocery store owner, emphasized athletics to his daughter from the day she was born. By the time Caroline was six, she could recite all the rules of the game as well as some of the techniques that her father taught her. Almost everyday she would run around the barren field behind the O'Connell home, throwing a mini quaffle through a makeshift hoop. While she couldn't completely practice quidditch at home, as she couldn't fly our use a real quaffle, Caroline enjoyed using her natural athleticism to become skilled in other sports such as football (soccer) and basketball.

Her life stayed rather unchanging for sometime, until a couple months after her ninth birthday the first of many younger siblings was born. George and Crystal had decided to put off having another child for sometime because while they loved their first to death she was a bit of a handful, but now that Caroline was showing some maturity for her age they had another daughter, Sara. At first Caroline didn't do too well with all of her parent's attention being focused on another child, but after a little while she loved her sister just as much as her ma and pa. Sara started the lineage of Caroline's ever-doting siblings, followed by Gerard, Samuel, Emily, and the twins Kara and Patrick.

The year for Caroline to go off to Hogwarts finally came just a couple months after the birth of her second sibling. She set off on the famed Hogwarts Express with her brand new wand, her father's Silver Arrow broom, and a million kisses and goodbyes from her family. The young girl was sorted into Hufflepuff just as her parents were and made many friends her first year. She just barely made it through her classes with a passing grade much to mother's dismay and was involved in just a few fights. She made a name for herself on the quidditch team, playing Chaser on the team as a first year. On the quidditch pitch she played a mostly supporting role, as while she was an above average scorer it was discovered that Caroline was extremely adept at passing the quaffle to her fellow chasers to help them score.

The years Caroline spent throughout Hogwarts were enjoyable to say the least. She became rather well known for her infamous temper, but was also recognized for her friendly attitude to her fellow students that didn't piss her off. After some of the better Chasers graduated she had to take much of the scoring duties for the Hufflepuff team and they struggled quite a bit until her sixth year, when a fourth year student, Richard Drakengard, joined the squad. While, she was a tad jealous of his recognition as the star of the team, the older of the two decided to suck it up for the team and went back to her supporting role, even if she was the captain of the team. Thanks to Drake and some other newcomers, the Hufflepuff quidditch team won their first Quidditch-Cup during Caroline's 6th year.

CURSE: Caroline's curse makes her blood boil... literally. Well not literally as that would kill her, but whenever the girl is angry or under pressure she feels like she's burning up from the inside out. However, whenever she's feeling relaxed she begins to feel a cool sensation inside of her.

EXTRA:
    - Caroline's wand is 11 inches long, made from rosewood and a dragon heartstring core.

- Caroline's temper is rather well known throughout the school and she's been in quite a couple of little skirmishes throughout her years

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back