• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursing

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
    Years
    I believe that they are not inappropriate if used in the right situation/context. Now if somebody uses them in every other word, I do think that it's uncalled for. But to me, they are just words that give off a more intensified emotion, though using them in a disrespectful manner is not needed.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I'm kinda like Elliot from Scrubs, I say frick a lot. I say a lot of substitute cuss words, fack is one of my favorites. But once in awhile, usually when I'm playing video games, I let out some cuss words.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    Well since I run my mouth like a sailor, it's safe to say I cuss a lot and I don't really care if someone else is cussing.

I do make an effort to watch my language when in public. Cussing is fine with me, but I don't want to be teaching people's kids the words I'm using. It's just rude to be like that.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I dont care if someone curses or not, they have a right to say whatever they want as long as its not threatening. I curse a lot so I can't say to someone that they shouldn't curse because that will make me look like a huge hypocrite

:t354:TG

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It doesn't really bother me when someone curses. Everyone I know does. Even my teachers do. I grew up around swearing. Sometimes even in Italian so it doesn't phase me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I do curse occasionally, I don't really think its inappropriate unless you do it to much and/or in front of adults or little kids. It doesn't bother me if someone else does.

BoboTheHobo

spare some pokedollars?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    What are your opinions on cursing?

It's a nice thing to do when you want to get stress off your chest without hurting anyone (hopefully).

Think they're inappropriate?

Some are. It depends on the situation; I wouldn't swear if I was in a church, for example, but if I stub my toe at home alone, I'll let out a curse.

Think they're just another word in the dictionary and mean the same thing emotionally as any other?

Not really. Most people can't feel better after hitting their thumb with a hammer by yelling out "SOCKS!".

Think they're just words used to exaggerate emotions?

Sometimes. It's annoying when swears are used to add needless exaggeration to things, but just because I'm annoyed by it doesn't mean it will stop people from doing it.

Do you care if someone curses?

Not usually, unless it's useless. It's like crying wolf; to me, swears have a time and a place, so throwing them around like confetti can not only make you annoying, it will make you look rude and it will desensitize people to what you have to say, meaning you have to use even more foul language just to get a point across.

Last edited:
    Back