• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cut

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    In Emerald, if your lead Pokémon has Hyper Cutter, Cut will clear out a bigger patch of grass.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    In Emerald, if your lead Pokémon has Hyper Cutter, Cut will clear out a bigger patch of grass.

I never knew this. Thanks for the tip!

Anyway i found it quirky to cut through grass n stuff, but (seriously) I used to think that the "cutting through grass" thing was the main use of it and slashing off trees was just a third feature or something!
    It was only in my second playthrough that I realised that at some points of time we have to slash the tree to proceed.

I used this judiciously, and I thought it was like hard labour for a purpose that I was doing this, I was saddened to notice that the grass would grow back up again.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I've known about it since I first got Ruby but I didn't really use it. I felt it was just easier to get some repels instead.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I found out about it in Pokemon Fire red when i was in the 2nd island..I used it But I eventually got bored and stopped using it

Years
  • Like some in this thread, I found out by pure accident that Cut was able to cut down tall grass, and that was when I randomly selected Cut when I wasn't standing beside a tree, but I was in tall grass, and I saw it go away! However, it was in Crystal that I found out about this, then I just tried it in R/S/E and it worked there as well.

Sirfetch’d

I knew about this feature and I found it out by just messing around and I was surprised haha. I never used it though as it was just too much effort.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I can't remember how I learned about it. Probably somewhere on the internet. Perhaps by accident. Maybe by trying to goof around and cut the tall grass. Maybe an NPC talks about it? I really don't know.

Back when I was just a naive child I always had HM moves in my main party because I thought I had to sacrifice my movepool. Oh man am I glad I have learned the amazingness of having HM slaves. Cut wasn't a horrible move, but it's accuracy wasn't too friendly to me and there are just better normal-type moves.

I don't use cut to get through tall grass. It's more convenient to just spray a repel.

Gogofreak

Touhou and Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • Maybe this is a shout out to Legend of Zelda? You can cut down tall grass in that game too. Or it's just a coincidence...

Back