• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt is the worst of all the Generations

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Have you ever played R/S/E? If you had you'd know that they had way more creative towns.
    Yes ive played r/s/e... they're my fav pokemon games... Yes they did have better creative towns.... but sinnohs towns are better then kantos and johtos...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    1) Thats not realy true. They put munchlax and lucario in the anime about 1 or 2 years before they announced 4th gen...
    2) Thats kinda dumb thing to say... without change in the battle system people whould get bored... look at how many wi-fi battles there are on youtube LOL
    3) No it wasnt, they made it crystal clear, to create their own world... Power rangers are more over the top then this...
    4) LIER LIER PANTS ON FIRE!!!! The elite 4 were very hard! (you people may have used Action replays or had too high level pokemon) the bug guy was easy, agathas quagsire and wishcash were hard, the fire dude made me say bad words, cynthias garchomp was horrible!!! The gym leaders were very strong. The hardest gym leaders would have to be hoenn :\
    5) Atleast they had a few :\ Kanto only had the one by pallet town... Johto realy just had the whirlpool islands hoenn was mayjorly flooded (i think this was because of the place it was based on) sinnoh has the one under sandgem town and the route to the leauge.

Urm... i think sinnoh has the most creative towns!!! I loved how sunnyshore looked and the bridge. I liked sandgem towns cowboyish theme. Veilstones i dont care about global warming theme. Celsestic town, the city for old foke.

You know that Agatha isnt in any of the 4th Gen games right?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I don't see how Gen IV Pokemon were uncreative. They had like the most original Pokemon, really this is like the region with the most creative Pokemon. Uncreative doesn't mean ugly you know.

How can you not like the Physical and Special split, now Hitmonchan learning the elemental punches is useful, before it was just a waste of time with his pitiful special defense. Also some Pokemon might have a lot of Sp.Def and all their weaknesses were a Sp.Att making you unable to make good use of the types.

I don't see how they were too easy, unless you over leveled or cheated then they were pretty hard, especially Cynthia. Pretty much her whole team was other than Roselia. I also find it weird that think Whitney is hard, I mean Whitney was the easiest Gym leader for me.

Miltank sued Roll Out.
    It wasn't very effective.
    Machop used Karate Chop.
    It was a critical hit.
    It was super effective.
    Miltank Fainted.

See how easy that battle was?

I have no idea why you want so many water routes, they make the game boring with too many and SInnoh had a decent amount of water routes.If it had anymore the game would just get way too dull. Besides it didn't need anymore water routes then what it had.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    /obvioustrollisobvious

At least DPPt was better than RSE. hurhur

RSE was when Pokemon was starting to get redundant. DPPt made it fresh with the physical/special change, many of the new attacks made battles very interesting (like Trick Room) and they also introduced type combos not previously used (such as Poison/Dark and Steel/Fighting). The games better cinematics in my opinion as well.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:
    1) The 4th Gen Pokemon are the most rush and uncreative
    2) The Physical-Special split
    3) The story line with Team Galactic and such was too over the top
    4) The Gym Leaders and E4 were way too easy
    5) The Sinnoh region doesn't have many Water routes
    I only agree with 1 and 3.

My opinions:
    1) They really didn't think that much.
    2) It was really helpful to split up that mess. Hyper Beam is a physical move? Ok, next!
    3) Yeah, I didn't get that time-space thing at first.
    4) No, these GL are amongst the coolest, like Rock and Steel Leaders being son and father etc. And the Elite reminds me of first gen somehow.
    5) Thank Arceus! Did you really enjoy "Hoenn's vast sea"?!?!?

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
    I have to agree, nearly all the Gen4 Pokémon seem rushed as hell. I mean, there are a few which are alright, but most look... err, weird, and not the good kind (Hippopotas, for example), or just look plain retarted (Patchirisu, for example).

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012

Reasons DPPt sucked:

I agree with you, and in addition to what you said, THERE IS TOO MANY F-CKING POKEMON!
    1st and 2nd gen were better, and 2nd gen actually let you go back, third gen they took that away, so wtf.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1)Empoleon?Manaphy?Arceus?(ffs, God is creative).Darkrai and Cresselia? Some were creative, but you have to have rubbish ones to balance out.
    2)Made Psychics better. Made more variety in stats in new pokemon. Made Mew seem better with all base 100s (before, it was just naff, now, it's stats give it more ability). Made competitive pokemon more fair (Blissey anyone?).
    3)Yeah, but meh?Aqua and Magma was too, to be fair.
    4)Only when you overlevel, which i never do first time through a game.
    5)That's probably because of where in Japan it's based on. Also, Kanto and Johto were kinda in-balance, then Hoenn was really watery, so they balanced it out again, comprende?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Well, I agree with you, but for different reasons. I'm not that fond of D/P/Pt. It's still fun and all, but nothing really "clicked" with me. Then again, I'm one of those freaks that loved Sapphire.

1. I guess I agree. I just think that the designs are a bit... too out there. Most of the Pokemon designs seriously confuse me, and I base my favorites with design. There's a fine balance between "boring" and "absolutely insane" and a lot of the 4th Gen Pokemon kind of missed the mark. Then again, there's Pokemon like Lickitung and Nosepass, so I guess there are weird designs in each generation. And then again, this is all based on personal opinion.

2. Are you kidding me? I thought that the split was the best thing to happen in the games since the creation of Jolteon. I think that the attacks now make more sense.

3. Meh. I was all right with it. The only thing I really didn't like was their outfits. And the fact that they had Level 30 Wurmple. lolwhut?

4. I do think that the leaders are a bit easy, and I'm not even overleveled. I haven't gotten to the Elite Four yet, so I can't talk about them.

5.Meh. I'm okay with that. I didn't mind the water routes in Hoenn because the surfing was really fast and east. I feel like the surfing in Pearl just takes forever, which is probably why I don't like the water routes in Sinnoh. Other than that, I don't mind going through the water.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Agh, D/P/Pt was the worst. xP The storyline was way too extended and also with that, all of the towns were extremely boring to be in. There was just no element that excited me about the game, (aka why I used an Action Replay so much). I'm so excited for HeartGold and SoulSilver, there's so much to do! (Two Regions :D)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I personally loved the Physical-Special split. In Emerald, I was always confused.

"How was Leaf Blade special?!???!"
    "Silver Wind and Leech Life physical whaaaaat?"

I know what types were physical and special in RBYGSCRSE now, but it was really confusing at first.

And I have to say, Sinnoh was very fun to play through the first time. On Platinum, that is. On Diamond it was a nightmare. Friggin stupid-ass slow noob game.. I hate D/P.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

Reasons DPPt sucked:

I think at this point, people will always find reason's to hate the newest generation. My opinion on DPPt at least is as follows.

1) As far as pokemon goes, I don't think it's fair to right off any pokemon as uncreative. Many pokemon are based off of animals so while people love to complain about pikachu "clones," Pidgey "clones," Caterpie "clones" etc. It only really makes sense, how many types of birds are their in the world? How many types of bugs? Marine life? It would be weird to head to Sinnoh and find a bunch of mythological, 8 headed beasts while Kanto, Johto and Hoenn are filled with relatively normal pokemon.

Though of course I also understand that pokemon in many cases doesn't make any sense but I think finding a balance between reality and fantasy has been a huge part of it's success. You can go catch plain, cute pokemon but at the same time you can go hunting for that magical dragon most people dreamed of as a kid.
    Do I like every pokemon from 4th gen? Hell no. But I don't like every pokemon from the first 3 generations either.

I'll admit to be being dissapointed by the water pokemon this generation though. The animals of the sea come in all different shapes in sizes and the diversity was alittle dissapointing for me.

2) Thought it was about time and one of the greatest things to happen to pokemon, but that's frankly my own opinion.

3)Well yeah...but that's to be suspected with the nature of Dialga and Palkia. I've actually grown to love the conflict they bring to games and enjoyed the experience I gain from them. If anything I just wish they didn't all use the same 3 pokemon >.<

4)Really a matter of how you play the game. The gym leaders are easy for me cause I had 5 pokemon at level 50 before the 7th gym cause I spent hours training in Iron Island for no real reason. That was my own choice. I'd like for you to be able to choose the diffculty of your game before you start. So people like me can have to train their butts off to keep up to gym leaders while more casual players can play it as it's played now.

5) Mt. Coronet's grown a little tedious for me and getting slowed down on route 217 was annoying but every region's had it's surplus of things. I like each region for what it is, just cause I convince myself I'm exploring a new land. And in reality, you can't choose what the landscape looks like. I what have liked a little more water though too.

Random note. I loved Rock Climbing :P

Agh, D/P/Pt was the worst. xP The storyline was way too extended and also with that, all of the towns were extremely boring to be in. There was just no element that excited me about the game, (aka why I used an Action Replay so much). I'm so excited for HeartGold and SoulSilver, there's so much to do! (Two Regions :D)

The storyline was too extended but you're excited for HeartGold and SoulSilver because "there's so much to do!" ...Um what?

I agree with you on the towns though, they were failry dissapointing. I personally loved Hoenn in large part to the diversity in the towns. Fortree and Sootopolis were awesome :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    The storyline was too extended but you're excited for HeartGold and SoulSilver because "there's so much to do!" ...Um what?

I agree with you on the towns though, they were failry dissapointing. I personally loved Hoenn in large part to the diversity in the towns. Fortree and Sootopolis were awesome :P
    Well... think about it... there's the Johto Region, tied in with ANOTHER region. (Kanto) There's more things to keep you occupied compared to the things they have in the Sinnoh Region, along with there seemingly being a lot of "plug-ins" you can get into your HG/SS games to have more fun. (Spikey Eared Pichu, Celebi Event, etc.)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well... think about it... there's the Johto Region, tied in with ANOTHER region. (Kanto) There's more things to keep you occupied compared to the things they have in the Sinnoh Region, along with there seemingly being a lot of "plug-ins" you can get into your HG/SS games to have more fun. (Spikey Eared Pichu, Celebi Event, etc.)

Yes I totally understand all that makes Gold and Silver awesome and all that (I believe, since I haven't actually played them yet) will make Heart Gold and Soul Silver even awesomer. I was just pointing out paradox in your desires there. As you said the storyline was too long in Sinnoh (i.e. too much to do) but you were looking forward to all you could do in HGSS.
    Don't worry I know what you mean though. The change in scenary adds more life to one's activities. The storyline can drag on if you're jsut re-visting places over and over again.

Bird Keeper

Master of the Skies
    Years
    The 4th Gen Pokemon are the most rush and uncreative

Disagree on all counts! This Generation is so good, I haven't played any of the other Pokemon games in ages after I got Platinum.

1. One-third of my team is 4th Gen, so I must like the new designs.
    2. More distinction between physical and special attacks makes the game deeper and much more fun.
    3. Of course it is! It's a JRPG! So what?
    4. The E4 are not any easier than normal in Platinum unless you've spent a lot of time leveling or have spent a fortune on healing items (or both).
    5. Less water routes is fine with me. My memories of Emerald are all swimmers, fishermen, Wingulls and Tentacools over and over again. Variety is good.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I dont hate the Sinnoh games I just like the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn games (in that order).

Team Galactic didn't have any idea what they were doing not only were the Grunts clueless the Commanders were also clueless!
    Team Rocket's goal is very clear... to make money. Team Magma and Aqua were just environmental terrorists.

D/P/Pt just kept the game extended by having you go back and forth between place you've already been too much though I'll admit Johto does that a bit.\

At least 4th Gen has HG/SS going for it.

DasherPunch

Chibi Chimchar FTW
    Years
    1. Even though many of the designs are weird, I think they're manily just funny. Some Pokémon designs are actually very good, IMO.
    2. The split was a GOOD thing. For example, earlier Dark types sucked due to the type being Special even though their Sp. Atk sucked. Now there's only one Special Dark move.
    3. I actually liked TG. I think it has an interesting view into propaganda. Cyrus tells them he will make a new world for them and it is the right thing, even though his plans couldn't be much more different.
    4. I'm currently training my team for the E4 as they recently pwned me...
    5. I. HATE. WATER. Water routes made me hate many otherwise good/nice Pokémon as they just kept coming... I like forests more.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Yes I totally understand all that makes Gold and Silver awesome and all that (I believe, since I haven't actually played them yet) will make Heart Gold and Soul Silver even awesomer. I was just pointing out paradox in your desires there. As you said the storyline was too long in Sinnoh (i.e. too much to do) but you were looking forward to all you could do in HGSS.
    Don't worry I know what you mean though. The change in scenary adds more life to one's activities. The storyline can drag on if you're jsut re-visting places over and over again.
    Yes, I basically ment like you kept having to go to the same places, haha. For example - Mt. Coronet, which had WAY too many entrances, was way too big, and had too many Geodudes and Zubats. 0__o

Back