• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt is the worst of all the Generations

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
    1) The 4th Gen Pokemon are the most rush and uncreative
    2) The Physical-Special split
    3) The story line with Team Galactic and such was too over the top
    4) The Gym Leaders and E4 were way too easy
    5) The Sinnoh region doesn't have many Water routes

1) Wrong. Guess you don't know much about how AWESOME Garchomp and Electivre are.
    2) Very useful
    3) Sorta agree. Not alot sort of.
    4) So wrong. The teams were creative. And I had trouble with Cynthias Milotic(mirror coat)
    5) Yah so? It was to slow to surf in D/P which made it better to have less water routes.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:

1. They weren't too bad, just the pre-evo of Mr. Mime, and Sudowoodo was very abnormal. But it was good cause we got some new pre-evo and a change of the moveset and new items, and moves.
    2. Lol, don't know what it is.
    3. It was a bit over the top and ridiculous, but they were very challenging and interesting at what lengths people would go to to get stuff they want.
    4. You must be crazy, the gym leaders were a tad bit hard. The E4 was so hard, I had to borrow my friends POKeMON just so I could beat them with like 30 Full restores, and 10 revives.
    5. Its good, because in Hoenn you had to cross a river to get to the other island, so it gave it like a FireRed theme, between the Islands. But in Sinnoh, the main rivers you had to cross were to PalPark and to the POKeMON League.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    In my opinion...

That honour belongs to the third generation. And even them aren't that bad.

Best. Change. Ever. Don't let it being more complicated and severely altering the metagame cloud your judgement, it makes everything that more complex and strategic. And if you are a newbie or casual player, it isn't even all that important for normal play throughs.

Better than the weirdness of Aqua and Magma. And IMO better than Team Rocket.

Not like GSC. The level curve is reasonably good. And Cynthia was a bit of trouble for me. You probably grinded too much.

Yay.

Team Galactic didn't have any idea what they were doing not only were the Grunts clueless the Commanders were also clueless!

They weren't clueless, they just hadn't been told the whole truth. I mean, with the goal of Cyrus, do you really think he'd be telling everybody. The higher up they were, the more they knew.

D/P/Pt just kept the game extended by having you go back and forth between place you've already been too much though I'll admit Johto does that a bit.

It's also technically the largest region. And what about all that Saffron City stuff and Hoenn sea stuff? Was that not backtracking?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    In my opinion...

That honour belongs to the third generation. And even them aren't that bad.

Best. Change. Ever. Don't let it being more complicated and severely altering the metagame cloud your judgement, it makes everything that more complex and strategic. And if you are a newbie or casual player, it isn't even all that important for normal play throughs.

Better than the weirdness of Aqua and Magma. And IMO better than Team Rocket.

Not like GSC. The level curve is reasonably good. And Cynthia was a bit of trouble for me. You probably grinded too much.

Yay.

They weren't clueless, they just hadn't been told the whole truth. I mean, with the goal of Cyrus, do you really think he'd be telling everybody. The higher up they were, the more they knew.

It's also technically the largest region. And what about all that Saffron City stuff and Hoenn sea stuff? Was that not backtracking?

In RBYFRLG you really only need to visit Saffron once. You can clear Silph as soon as you arrive and challenge Sabrina immediately after. Every Pokemon game has had some backtracking but not as much as Sinnoh.

Sinnoh is the largest region yes which means it has less of an excuse than the others for requiring backtracking. And all that Mt. Coronet business was just tediously annoying.

You're implying that DPPt's Gyms are harder than GSC? MILTANK used ROLLOUT.. nuff said.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Seriously how is Miltank and Rollout hard, you had plenty of opportunities to get Pokemon that can counter it, mainly Machop. Karate Chop one hit K.Os Miltank, two hits at most and roll out isn't effective against it.

So really Whitney was more like the easiest Gym Leader out of all of them. G/S/C was the easiest out of all the generations due to the under leveled Pokemon since you ahd 3 Gym leaders with roughly the same level Pokemon due to your choice of fighting Chuck, Jasmine and Pyrce in any order. Making all the trainers up to that point with lvl 14-18 Pokemon. Only the Rockets had stronger Pokemon and those were only in the low 20s.

D/P/PT is probably the hardest generation overall, while its Elite 4 is probably close second to FR/LG second run.

Seriously the only people who find G/S/C hard are people who rely on their starter Pokemon and a Pidgey too much.

Pavement.

The Black Box Revelation
    Years
    I enjoyed the games to be honest. I agree, they weren't the best but they weren't that bad...
    DPPt was a huge step forwards considering Graphics, ... though.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Aside from Whitney, Clair is also a challenging battle. And let's not forget the battle with Red.

RSE had harder Gyms. Brawly can be a pain even if you have a Taillow or Ralts. Winona isn't very fun but the hardest RSE Gym Leader has to be Tate & Liza.

Though I'll admit DPPt did have a challenging Elite Four but it either just barely falls short of or is on par with the difficulty of the RBYFRLG League.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Another thing I thought (although it was probably just me), was that the starter Pokemon were horrible choices. In my opinion the way they turned them into multi-type Pokemon was stupid, because it seemed weird having things happen like your Empoleon get hit by fire and having it as a "not very effective" attack. The only starter before that which did this was Charizard, but that actually makes sense to me. (he can fly :P)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    They have always had dual-types (except for Gen II). Which I think is good. Although Empoleon's Steel wasn't the best choice.

I don't actually like Empoleon much. Prinplup isn't the best either. The rest are good though imo.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    They have always had dual-types (except for Gen II). Which I think is good. Although Empoleon's Steel wasn't the best choice.

I don't actually like Empoleon much. Prinplup isn't the best either. The rest are good though imo.
    OH WOW. I never noticed that. xP But yeah, it wasn't the smartest idea...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Aside from Whitney, Clair is also a challenging battle. And let's not forget the battle with Red.

RSE had harder Gyms. Brawly can be a pain even if you have a Taillow or Ralts. Winona isn't very fun but the hardest RSE Gym Leader has to be Tate & Liza.

Though I'll admit DPPt did have a challenging Elite Four but it either just barely falls short of or is on par with the difficulty of the RBYFRLG League.

Clair was probably just as easy as Whitney, since you can teach buy the Ice Punch TM. I beat Clair with just Kadabra, Ice Punch her Dragonairs and Psychic her Kingdra. She was so easy I was disappointed that she was the final Gym Leader in Johto. I'll admit Red was a bit harder but not too difficult with a good strategy.

Why would you use Tailow and Ralts on Brawly. His Pokemon obviously have high attack and those two low defense. The best strategy against Brawly is with Kadabra since its High Special Attack will completely own Brawly. Of course you can use your starter since they all have decent defense for that point of the game. Winoa was the hardest by far. Tate and Liza were insanely easy, get the super rod, catch two Sharpedos and teach them surf. Now go spam surf at Tate and Liza.

R/B/Y's Elite 4 were way too easy, it was a lot like 'I have a Dragonite, I automatically win".

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    To me none of the regions sucked, but all regions has their own flaws. I actually liked DPP, well platinum more than DP.

Platinum fixed the problems that were in DP and added some new features to the sinnoh region
    kudos to GameFreak and the Pokemon Company.

The main reason that I have some love for DPPt is the landmass. Snow, did any of the previous games have snow? I dont think so. Even though the blizzard got on my nerves but I found it to be quite interesting.

Im gonna state this like I did with the RSE thread. DPPt introduced features that most of the pokemon fans loved, and if it wasnt for DPPt there would be no heartgold or soulsilver, or a 5th generation. So be very careful when you say that one of the regions sucked. And again yes DPPt had its flaws, but its not the worst of all generations.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Woah, woah, woah; hold on... You hate this Gen a lot and we should respect your opinion, but there are some things to start with:

I must admit that many Sinnoh's were weird-looking... Prinplup, Probopass, Lickylicky, Tangrowth... but there are some awesome ones: Gallade, Manaphy, Arceus, Chingling, Munchlax, Riolu, Lucario, Piplup, etc.
    You aren't a competitive battler, are you?
    You're 100% right on this one. Well, sorta. Because Every. F******. Villian. from Pokémon games sucks. Team Rocket? Money. Magma and Aqua? Biological Terrorists. Actually, those are the only acceptable villians... Team Galactic? Weirdos. Sucked... the only true "villian" I've seen on the whole Pokémon series is Molly. Do you remember her, from Pokémon 3 (The Unown Movie)?
    Ambition is Rocket's, Magma's, Aqua's and Galactic's motivation. Molly's unique, she doesn't want money nor a new world or the like. She is motivated by anger, sadness, frustration. Now that's what I call a bad guy (girl in this case). I'd love to see a bad guy/girl like her on 5th gen. But oh well... at least that's a good idea to put in my future hack xD.
    As almost every person on this thread has said; it depends on whenever you train or not.
    This is personal tastes, I hated water routes. I was glad they're gone now.

Also, I don't remember who, but someone said on this topic that "every generation has it's own faults" . Now that and the Molly thing are the best things ever said in this topic. Period.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Woah, woah, woah; hold on... You hate this Gen a lot and we should respect your opinion, but there are some things to start with:

I must admit that many Sinnoh's were weird-looking... Prinplup, Probopass, Lickylicky, Tangrowth... but there are some awesome ones: Gallade, Manaphy, Arceus, Chingling, Munchlax, Riolu, Lucario, Piplup, etc.
    You're 100% right on this one. Well, sorta. Because Every. F******. Villian. from Pokémon games sucks. Team Rocket? Money. Magma and Aqua? Biological Terrorists. Actually, those are the only acceptable villians... Team Galactic? Weirdos. Sucked... the only true "villian" I've seen on the whole Pokémon series is Molly. Do you remember her, from Pokémon 3 (The Unown Movie)?
    Ambition is Rocket's, Magma's, Aqua's and Galactic's motivation. Molly's unique, she doesn't want money nor a new world or the like. She is motivated by anger, sadness, frustration. Now that's what I call a bad guy (girl in this case). I'd love to see a bad guy/girl like her on 5th gen. But oh well... at least that's a good idea to put in my future hack xD.
    As almost every person on this thread has said; it depends on whenever you train or not.

Also, I don't remember who, but someone said on this topic that "every generation has it's own faults" . Now that and the Molly thing are the best things ever said in this topic. Period.
    Aww poor Molly. xD I remember her...

I remember the Water Routes being sort of a good thing in RSE... am I the only one who thinks this?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:

I would actually dissagree.
    My Favourite Gen is n fact Gen IV/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Gym leaders are actaully quite challenging in Platinum but I do agree with you in D/P they are a bit too easy..

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Yes I do battle competitively frequently. The 3rd Gen metagame was the most balanced but that's besides the point.

P.S.
    Molly yassssssssss Molly slays the garls!!!
    Her and 1st movie Mewtwo are the scariest Pokemon villians.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Yes I do battle competitively frequently. The 3rd Gen metagame was the most balanced but that's besides the point.

It added the most ubers of any generation and it had the lowest percentage of OUs (even more so than the unbalanced first generation).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

uncreative you say? They are actually getting more creative with the pokemon designs. Nobody wouldve guessed that a pokemon would be based off of God (points to arceus), a monkey with golden armor and its head is on fire (points to infernape), and a turtle with a tree on its back!

IMO this is the most creative generation so far!
    I remember the Water Routes being sort of a good thing in RSE... am I the only one who thinks this?

xDD no your not alone, I actualy liked the water routes, the diving is the best part and the surf theme is unbelievable

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It added the most ubers of any generation and it had the lowest percentage of OUs (even more so than the unbalanced first generation).

Naw 4th Gen is when the crapload of Ubers came through.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Gen III added Deoxys-N, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet and Wynaut. And removed Celebi.

Gen IV added Arceus, Darkrai, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina-A, Giratina-O, Manaphy, Palkia and Shaymin-S. And removed Latias.

That's 14 (+15 and -1) for Gen III and 8 (+9 an -1) for Gen IV. Or 11 (+12 and -1) for Gen III and 7 (+8 an -1) for Gen IV if you don't count forme changes.

Back