• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P Starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    as of Serebii

they are the original fire/water/grass. The fire type is an ape like pokemon, the water is penguin like and the grass is young leaf classifired. Enjoy

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • This is now confirmed. See these pictures!

D/P Starters!
    D/P Starters!
    D/P Starters!

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Cool. Im getting the water type for my first play through.

Edit: Nice find.

Tikal Kid

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Interesting... The water type looks like it might be a dule Water/Ice if you ask me though, or at least be able to learn some ice moves later on. The Fire monkey looks quite interesting, it's good to see some more monkey like pokemon, there's not many XD. And the grass turtle, it remindes me of Chickorita XD.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Without knowing the evolutions I'm liking the Grass starter. Hopefully it evolves into some Leaf Tortoise and has stats similar to Venusaur.

The Bird looks a little penguin..reminds me of a water Torchic it's not bad.

I'm not really liking the Fire starter, I think it looks a bit weird. However it might have the coolest final evolution.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'm chosing the fire type, that one looks interesting.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i hate these starters. i was really looking forward to dark, fighting psychic starters....and why is the grass a turtle?!

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Well, perhaps Nintendo decided that grass,fire and water was a more favoured choice because of the many complaints were made throughout the net. good work jerks. :(

BUT, i still like these ones, they're going to be an interesting aspect of the game as these arn't really focussing on the same style as the previous ones, like reptilian. i must say that im glad these ones are starters, now to wait for the games to come out.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

That water Penguin is the cutest thing ever and I'm definitely choosing it (not just because of my bias towards bird Pokémon….okay, maybe it is).

Anyways, do we really need more monkeys (i.e. Aipom, Mankey) and turtles (i.e. Squirtle, Torkoal)? Whatever, I hope their stats and attacks make up for the lack of originality.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I absolutely love the fire starter, it is my favorite(fave used to be Charmander and evos). It looks really good, and i luv the fact it is a monkey... think of what it would feel like if it threw its poop at you! LMAO

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    what i would like to know is their attacks. according to serebii they have bubble, ember and razor leaf. why?! cant the make some new atrter attacks? please? *gives puppy dogs eyes to Nintendo*

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    thank god they learned from the mistakes Treecko had. Treecko HAD potential but Gamefreak gave it absolutely crap moves. yeah, i really chose a Treecko to have it attack with pound and pursuit. like they're any good to Roxanne, Brawly and Wattson.

PLEASE GIVE THEM ALL THEIR MOVES THAT WORK :D

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
  • OMIGOSH! They're, like, SOOOO cuuute ^0^ /crushuggles them all/

The turtle's jaw is a bit too big, though o.O; Makes it look like it's got the muphs o.O; It could have been such a cute chikorita-bayleef-meganium incarnation ^^; Oh, well, I still like it ^^

Hey! Who wants to bet its speed will suck! /raises hand/ ;)

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, I'm picking the little monkey! ^^ I'll probably call him Cinder or something like that ^^ Flamel, maybe ^^

Last edited:

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    The fire ape starter kinda creeps me out...I mean look at it, it's like Charmander gone wrong XP

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • latios1993 said:
    those starters look cool! when i get the game i'll get the penquin pokemon.
    do you know their names?

Directly romanizing:

Water- Pocchyama
    Fire- Hikozaru
    Grass- Naetoru

^-^

Eh, as said in other threads, I like 'em all! Though, Pocchyama and Naetoru are my favorites. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back