• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dad!! That's a mouse NOT a Keyboard. B|

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    My mother is like this; my dad has some sort of clue because he reads a lot, but sometimes he'll say ignorant things like:

"No, resetting the modem doesn't do anything. If the Internet's down, it's the computer, the connection, or the ISP - never restarting the modem has nothing to do with it."

My grandparents are all right with computers. My grandfather works with them frequently; my grandma knows how to attach images to e-mails lol but that's about it (and it takes them 2h since it's dial-up swt)

Years
    My dad is pretty good with the computer, and knows more than me in certain things. However, there are quite a few things he just can't seem to understand, even if they seem quite simple.
    My aunt, however, is usually quite clueless when it comes to the computer. She's still convinced that she has a Mac, when it clearly shows the Windows XP logo while booting up. And hopefully I won't have to explain to her that a .jpg ang .jpeg file are the same thing again...

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    Do you have parents that know nothing about most technology?
    Yes, my mum. My dad does know a lot about my computer.

Do you get frustrated/annoyed with them when they try to act like they know what they're doing and ignore your advice?
    No, because none of my parent will be asking me anything with computer.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Do you have parents that know nothing about most technology?
    My mom. I am already making programs from scratch using C++ from the age of twelve (I built the computer I use now, so hardware know-it and software expert- plus, huge knowledge of video gaming programming), my dad is a programmer for a wiring company (software expert), my elder sister plays a lot of online gaming and she knows a lot about technology in general (Internet and some gaming)

Do you get frustrated/annoyed with them when they try to act like they know what they're doing and ignore your advice?
    Yes, a lot. Especially my grandma, she doesn't really know how to operate a DVD Player yet. But, it can be fun to see them mess up, then press 1 button and everything is back to normal.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    My dad is a pro on computers since he is a chemical engineer and he got a certificate of Computer Programming. So he knows how to make programs.

My stepmom knows how to use the computer too. Especially if they need to balance their finances. She knows how to do that well.

My mom on the other hand...she is so clueless. I think the only thing she knows how to do is go online. If there is a virus, she won't know how to get rid of it. And if she wants to copy music to a CD...she doesn't know how to. She had to ask me or my brother.

And they don't frustrate me because I don't even live them anymore. XD

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    OMG YES
    My mom thinks she knows everything that anyone could ever know about computers
    -.-

Back