• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    New girl here, but I just want to contribute to the spicy foods discussion in that I only learned just the other day that "spice" isn't an actual taste or flavor, but just a pain reaction. .___.
    Although in some circles 'piquance' is considered a taste. And I love it so it's my favorite of the bunch, after salty.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't like spicy at all, except mustard, ginger or wasabi because they are a different kind of spicy. The spicy that just burns on your tongue is really not my cup of tea, it just burns.

UMAMI IS WHERE IT'S AT

Years
    I still don't understand what umami is. Like, what is "savory" supposed to taste like? I though that was just a word that meant "tasty".

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I don't like spicy at all, except mustard, ginger or wasabi because they are a different kind of spicy. The spicy that just burns on your tongue is really not my cup of tea, it just burns.

UMAMI IS WHERE IT'S AT

Yes! UMAMI! I love anything brothy or creamy!

@_@ And same with me; It like.. physically burns my tongue. Like it feels like sandpaper even days after I eat something spicy. It's terrible!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I hate spicyness I usually cant tolerate it at all. Sometimes I can, depends on the food, if its like a soup, its alright but in other things, I cant really handle it. I guess I just have a really low tolerance for spicy food.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I hate spicyness I usually cant tolerate it at all. Sometimes I can, depends on the food, if its like a soup, its alright but in other things, I cant really handle it. I guess I just have a really low tolerance for spicy food.

I'm quite the opposite, really. I tend to like foods more the spicier they are.

I'm much more critical of my brother in law's cooking when it's not spicy. XD;

He says I should go sample some Indian food.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yes! UMAMI! I love anything brothy or creamy!

@_@ And same with me; It like.. physically burns my tongue. Like it feels like sandpaper even days after I eat something spicy. It's terrible!

YES OH MYG OD SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS IT :333
    savory and umami <3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    As I said, my tongue can't take spicy food, it burns my mouth and starts developing canker-like sores. Which makes it difficult when we go visit this one uncle because he loves to put really spicy stuff in just about every dish he makes. I seriously can't eat hardly anything he cooks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont enjoy the feeling of my mouth burning when I eat spicy foods, sometimes if its really spicy it can overpower other flavors in the food, which I dont like at all, I like to actually be able to taste my food.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't get the idea of spicy at all. :( Like the only time I get it is when there's a specific taste that happens to go with a spicy food so they have to go together.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont really get why people would intentionally eat food that burns their mouth but whatever I guess I'll never understand.

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    I guess, it's a "dirty pleasure" kind of thing?
    I mean, they can't process it but they love it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Spicy food's okay as long as it has some actual flavor in it, can't be just hot for me it has to have a kick that makes me want to come back for more. Chipotle wings are a good example of that nowadays imho lol.

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Speaking of Chipotle, those are strong. I ate a sandwich with a bit of chipotle sauce once, it burnt my mouth :(
    It was awesome, but god, it burnt.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh, what an amazin conversation--weather! It's pouring here today. We haven't had any rain in a long time. =_=

And all I've eaten today is crap food.

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    That's a shame that it rained that bad.
    I like rain, sure, but pouring storms are another thing :(
    Speaking of which it drizzled today, nice refresher
    Crap food rocks

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31