• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It's happening on multiple ones, but not every game has the same issue. For instance OpenTTD doesn't give the issues I described, but when I launch StarCraft: Brood War or Rainbow Six Siege (especially the latter is making it go bonkers to 100%) the whole CPU & GPU usage skyrockets on Task Manager

and strangely enough it doesn't impact anything and everything handles fine... that or it has been doing this for ages and I could get better performance oof

In this instance, I would uninstall games you know for sure have the issue, making sure that all data is removed, then reinstall. If the problem does not go away, then run an elevated command prompt (Windows key + R), type cmd, then press Enter while holding down Control and Shift at the same time. From there, type sfc /scannow and that checks to see if any bits of your Windows install have become corrupt.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Currently running a memory scan, will try that once it's done

Glad I got pretty darn great dl speeds otherwise it would be a pain to redownload up to 200GB of stuff lol

EDIT: was indeed some corrupted files, got them fixed

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back