• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It definitely won't fit in skinny's but I wouldn't mind it. Just get a carrying case and a belt clip. I did with my DSi and now, I have two pockets.

I probably wouldn't get that mainly because I never carry around my DS's. I'm just really curios how it works, and I'm desperatley hoping that you don't have to do this to unlock things in games.

Does anyone know if old DS cartriges will work in the 3DS?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Oh yeah. It's backwards-compatible. But 3DS games will not work in a DSi/L because of the shape of the cards.

Thats good. Maybe it'll end up being a good thing that I ended up not getting a DSi, because it didn't really bring much new by way of games. I think to buy the 3DS I may end up selling one of my 2 DS Lites (I got one as a birthday present, the other I got at a garage sale with a crappy DS and another DS Lite which I gave away for $10. Good buy, and it's in pretty good condition :P). I'm pretty excited about the 3DS. I can't wait until I experience the 3D-ness.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I guess to gain body fat for warmth... But most people have heaters these days so there really isn't much point to that. I guess certain people are more attuned to things then others, I myself haven't ate much not due to weather just overall laziness to fix something or I have to get work or school. Like yesterday for instance I didn't have anything to eat until 6ish p.m. so I probably went a good 16-18 hours without eating.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    HOLY **** THAT WAS A SCARY DREAM

I dreamed that I bought the 3DS, and it broke after a week.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN
    Premonition perhaps? Keep your receipt...

Yeah but that's just one day, I really think I generally have a better appetite oh well maybe I'm wrong.
    For me it is not generally one day type of thing. Since high school it has been habitual, probably because I got out of my daily routine and different sleep patterns. For me and maybe yourself sleep patterns could play an role on the amount you eat. I used to have time too eat breakfest now I don't. Which I personally think that is sleep patters because I am not awake in time to get ready, eat, and have an adequate amount(which that is on me).

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    HOLY **** THAT WAS A SCARY DREAM

I dreamed that I bought the 3DS, and it broke after a week.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

I had something similar back when I got my DSi but nothing happened. :3

The DSi is much less durable than the DS lite, maybe Nintendo's handhelds
    are becoming more fragile, each generation? I'd cry if my 3DS broke that quick,
    that's $250 in the hole.

That could be a fact since consoles from other companies did blatantly got more fragile.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I'd find it hard to believe Dsi is more fragile then it's prodessor, but then again I don't have first hand experience with it. All I know is the Lite hinges are horrid, or at least mine are since they cracked. In their defense I did have it since July of 07 so it was in good shape for at least 3 years.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    I'd find it hard to believe Dsi is more fragile then it's prodessor, but then again I don't have first hand experience with it. All I know is the Lite hinges are horrid, or at least mine are since they cracked. In their defense I did have it since July of 07 so it was in good shape for at least 3 years.

I know that other consoles such as the 360 are fragile.
    Maybe Nintendo will do that with the 3ds and forward. D:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    My DS Lte is in near-perfect condition, the only exception would be the L and R buttons acting funky in certain situations, but other than that, it's perfectly fine. I've had this thing for waaay too long really, and I'm impressed that it didn't break despite the many times that it fell. I honestly think the DS Lite is really durable and that some people don't give it enough credit, really. D:

With that being said, I think the 3DS would be equally as durable, too.
    From all accounts I heard it(3DS) was quite durable. I have had the same thing happened to me on my Gameboy Advanced with the L and R buttons, but too its credit it is several years old.

I know that other consoles such as the 360 are fragile.
    Maybe Nintendo will do that with the 3ds and forward. D:
    Not that I know much about 360, but I heard it gets Red Ring were the discs get all scratchy and so on. So it indeed couldn't be any worse.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    This must have been wet concrete or you barely lifted it off the ground. Cause if I did that too mine it would cease to function.

G-Man

disGRUNTled
    Years
    Yeah, I myself like the Lite better than the DSi. I had 2 DSi fail on me since they came out, but my DS Lite is still going strong, minus a few scratches here and there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back