• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    What im thinking is the ram i saw was DDR2 1gb for 74 bucks i need to get DDR 1gb and i think it was 30.If i can get DDR 2gb of like 60-70.What ill do is take and remove the 512mb stick and add the 2gb because my comupter has 2 slots but maxes out with 2gb.I was once told i thought that its the windows that desides how much ram maxes out the computer or is it the mother bored.Because like i said my computer that is mine used to have windows vista basic but the motherboard says it maxes out at 2gb.If windows 7 can hold more the 2gb no matter the motherboard then i will get the 2gb ram stick if its cheap and keep the 512 gb ram stick so that i have 2.5 Gb ram.
    If your motherboard maxes out at 2GB, then there's no going over that no matter what Windows supports. The best thing you can do is get 2 1GB sticks, especially if your motherboard supports dual channeling for best performance.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Hey Morkula, the only person I find scary on this forum what's up?

All I care about the 3DS is the ability to move diagonally in a Pokemon game.

Yeah I can't believe it either.
    Rawr. I'm scary.

And you could move diagonally with a d-pad as well...didn't mean Pokemon games did it, so I'm not sure that they'd even use the slide pad with Pokemon games unless they made them fully 3D like Colosseum and XD.

Years
    Rawr. I'm scary.

And you could move diagonally with a d-pad as well...didn't mean Pokemon games did it, so I'm not sure that they'd even use the slide pad with Pokemon games unless they made them fully 3D like Colosseum and XD.

Geoffrey! :D

Moving diagonally is one of those little aesthetic things that is realllly awesome. Sort of like how the follow me feature was in HGSS.

Really wants a 3DS now. :0

Years
    I really really really hope they bring back one game series:

Fossil Fighters. I know, Pokemon knock-off, but this was once intense and awesome game, I would buy it again if I didn't find the story so boring. But yeah, Fossil Fighters 2 please!

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I hope they bring back the Mother series. Which is impossible, since the creator already said he would rather play the new games then make them. But that still means someone else can make them. : D Oh, and a new Persona game for the PS3.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    and thus the cycle of DCC continues, we're back to gaming

I've personally never played the Mother series, it always slips my mind. I assume it's amazing?

Years
    No, we don't have to talk about gaming, it's just that DCC is lower than usual today.

Which is unusual, I wish it was a tad more active this time of year, though what am I saying, everyone is probably scrambling with school stuff like exams, college, new semesters, etc.

And no people, no variety means we talk about the same stuff all over again.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I've never played Fossil Fighters, is it worth a try?

And yes! I grew up with it, since I had an SNES and Earthbound, and although I never beat it until I got a little older, It has a special place in my heart. After that, I played Mother, and then when the fan translation for Mother 3 came out, I played it, I really recommend the series to anyone who likes RPGs and a good story (Well the good story is mostly Mother 3, Mother is just weird while Earthbound is a bit of both) but I would recommend all 3.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Well,Heres what i did

My computer info before:
    Windows Vista Basic
    3.00GHz Single Processor
    2 DDR Slots but ONE 512Mb Ram Stick in it

My grandmothers Computer before:
    Windows Xp Professional
    2.17GHZ Amd 64x2 4000+(Dual processor)
    4GB Ram Total
    2 DDR2 Slots But 2Gb DDR Ram & 2Gb Ram DDR2 Sticks in it

What i did not know before was that a couputer with a mother board that accepts DDR2 Ram Can Also take the older DDR1 Ram.Since my grandmothers had a 2gb DDR1 Ram I switched the DDR ONE 512mb Ram Out Of Mine And Put It In My Grandmothers And Took One DDR1 2Gb Ram Stick That Was In Hers In Mines.

Might sounds confusing but if ure good with computer or a pro at computers you should know what i mean.

They both run smooth as hell after i upgraded them both to windows 7 Home premium.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    just reading up on the page, i thought the myth of geoff being scary was disproven
    what is wrong with you people

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I read this thing in the paper saying the 3DS is horrible for your eyes and can cause permanent eye damage if you don't take frequent breaks preferably every 30min. Apparently it has something to do with the 3D display without needing glasses.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I read this thing in the paper saying the 3DS is horrible for your eyes and can cause permanent eye damage if you don't take frequent breaks preferably every 30min. Apparently it has something to do with the 3D display without needing glasses.
    Well its not exactly good for your eyes. What I heard is young childrens eyes are not fully developed until a certain age, so it is suggested that those young children not be allowed to play it. Myself I will probably play with the 3D low or completely off most of the time. I'd think having 3D on would waste the batteries even faster.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I love that guy who was head of the Mother team. He basically went "screw whatever rules we got on this thing, anyone can make a sequel through any means they want!" Oh, not to mention the terrific endorsement of the fantranslation of mother 3.

Mother is a great series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back