• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    n_n I got a few thousand over the summer, I think. It was ridiculous.

Haven't been posting much lately but I wasn't really near a computer, either. :< Trying to get to the double-digits at the very least each day now though.

Cherrim

Years
    I would not be lying if I said part of why I want to post more lately is because I'm worried Nica will pass me. ;_;

Congrats on 5000! :p Now you get a blog!! .........oh wait.

Cherrim

Years
    I used to have my own forums... yeaaars ago. Like 8 years ago. @_@; And since then I've modded a lot of smaller start-ups but none ever took off so. Just PC for me.

Years
    I would not be lying if I said part of why I want to post more lately is because I'm worried Nica will pass me. ;_;

Congrats on 5000! :p Now you get a blog!! .........oh wait.

I KNOW RIGHT... oh... =[
    thereshouldbeanemblemforthis

\o/

I try to squeeze in a few every day. It seems to me that now that I'm a supporter (+1 rank yesterday), I want to be more contrbutive to the community in as many ways as I can.

Random question, how many people here either admin their own forums or are a mod at one?

I use to be a moderator at one forum before I left, and I have created a few RP sites when I was younger. I know my way around forums like the back of my hand! XD​

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    How do you guys even have so many posts? The most I've ever had was about 1,000, and that took me two years to get on another forum. x_x

Cherrim

Years
    A fair few of my posts probably are from doing mod stuff (discussing changes to the forums in the staff forums to closing/moving threads) but... I've also been on here like 8 years and the posts really add up over time. <_<

Best places to postcount++ on PC are answering all the polls in the game forums, posting in an active DCC (this isn't too bad right now :D), and replying in OVP. [/lightning style spamming]

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I've been here for a few days and I already have thousands of posts. :/

So..I am really worried right now. I have a bunch of family and friends where Cyclone Yasi (predicted to be the most powerful cyclone to ever hit Australia) that all have to go to shelters now. ;~;

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I dare say about 85% of my total posts are made in here. I love you guys too much olol ♥

But yesh, I tend to post in fits and spurts. Some days i'll make a few, other days I won't post at all and i'm the same on every forum I have ever been a member of. I dunno how the guys who make like hundreds of posts everyday do it...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Is it insane that I've had over 20 dogs in my life. n_n

I'm such a dog person, and I might just be getting another one soon. We're going to a Humane Society this weekend to see what types they have. :3

You're not THAT insane. That just shows that you're a huge dog lover.

Well, fair enough! XDDD

Oo, only 3 posts from the big 5,000 =D​

I am indeed WAAAAAY far away to reach the big 5000. I just reached 400. :P

\o/

I try to squeeze in a few every day. It seems to me that now that I'm a supporter (+1 rank yesterday), I want to be more contrbutive to the community in as many ways as I can.

Random question, how many people here either admin their own forums or are a mod at one?

I used to be an administrator at a forum for a short time. It was too much work, so I resigned.

Years
    Architecture is pretty interesting ya know.

But I found out something rather...interesting.

Apparently, the Monotheists believe in one God because they originate from the desert, so there's nothing between them and the sky, so they don't see many things to make them believe in many Gods.

But the Polytheists, believers of many Gods originate from wet places, such as rain forests, not to mention they see many animals, so they have a sense of seeing many deities that control these things, it's kinda hard to believe ONE GOD can bring rain, stop droughts, protect their land, etc. etc.

I just feel like I can across something great...

Cherrim

Years
    That is fascinating, if it's true (and is an interesting theory even if it isn't). :O

Years
    Architecture is pretty interesting ya know.

But I found out something rather...interesting.

Apparently, the Monotheists believe in one God because they originate from the desert, so there's nothing between them and the sky, so they don't see many things to make them believe in many Gods.

But the Polytheists, believers of many Gods originate from wet places, such as rain forests, not to mention they see many animals, so they have a sense of seeing many deities that control these things, it's kinda hard to believe ONE GOD can bring rain, stop droughts, protect their land, etc. etc.

... That is very interesting. o.o And, it makes total sense if you think about it. Where did the Proto-Israelites spend several decades after the exile from Egypt? The desert. Zoroastrianism? From the deserts of Persia. Hmmm.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I've always thought that polytheism seemed more, whats the word...possible than one god, but I'm most likely biased from my personal love of Anicent Greek mythology, with Eurynome, Aphrodite, Zeus etc

Years
    But this isn't a rant or anything, just sharing something I learned. I though it was pretty interesting, not bashing any religion or anything, just kind of explaining how some of them began.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back