• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    My laptop is 3 years old, and its still working fine as it could be. n__n

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My laptop is 3 years old, and its still working fine as it could be. n__n

i hate you

My currently dying computer is...11 years old? It's had so many software changes that I forget what the original program was.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    They say laptops only last for 2 years? Not sure 'cause I just heard it from my classmates.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The computer that was dead before I got this new one was about 10 or so years old. May it RIP. :( It was pretty terrible anyway and this computer is way better. ^^;

angelica pickles, that is a nice avatar ♥

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ooh nine posts until 3000 posts
    i've been working on getting 1000 more posts for two years i am very slow

Angelica Pickles, show me where you find your pretty little avatars!

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

heimlich manouvre NOW
    i'm choking on my tongue from laughing, this site is the greatest

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    no the secret will go to the grave with me

so to a more interesting topic, my fellow dcc'ers; I was reading MAD Magazine a couple of days back and I was comparing the American MAD to the Australian MAD, when I saw an article in it complaining how none of the jokes in the Australian MAD were funny because they had to be very politically correct. Now, I enjoy a good politically correct joke every now and then (well I don't but for the sake of the topic) but is it fair to say that nowadays, you have to be crude to be funny?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I know what site it is, one that I have been aware of for agessssss.

I think crudeness is cheap humour, it is like taking the easiest possible way to get laughs, but I still prefer witty humour despite it's rare occurrences...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh kylie minogue how I love you ♥

Mmm, well I prefer the classy jokes overall. It's just that crude and politically correct jokes always get taken from the very bottom of their respective bins, making neither very funny. But all jokes (except, well, crap ones), when used and said correctly can be hilarious.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I'll be the first person to say that I don't really take kindly to crude jokes. I mean, it depends on how exactly how bad the joke is or anything like that, but I have a general distaste to them. :( Offensive jokes aren't funny. This includes racist jokes, but I'm not gonna get into that. D:

speaking of racist jokes, or racism to be precise;

I'm reading about The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and as much as I loathe to say it, some of Hitlers ideas were right. Not the extermination and mass killing stuff, god no. But the ideas that all humans are "easy and almost willing" to manipulate and be manipulated and things like that, the less dangerous stuff. It's just interesting, the excerpts from Mein Kampf. They show how truly arrogant and messed up he really was. It's just that from that arrogance, a couple of good ideologies formed (you'll have to read the book to understand what I'm talking about).

am i a monster

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    anyway guys, g'night
    gonna go out and go see easy a before it leaves cinemas
    see y'all tomorrow hopefully, providing my computer can be saved

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

It's 2:30 AM and I'm not even close to going to bed or anything. .__. I'm really using every bit of my weekend and not wasting it, this is especially considering the fact that I love my sleep.

...Would it still be wasting my weekend if I did absolutely nothing but post on PC? At least I was with a friend today and stuff, but... :( I guess you can say I barely have a social life. ;__; I'm so anti-social.

Heh, I'm pretty much the same. I'm not tired and don't have anything else to do but wander around PC and fiddle around with my profile & blog. And my dad didn't let me use the Wii today because he's so busy trying to break my Wakeboarding record. >_>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    hey people

whats happening today?

got the university admission news today ^^

Do you mean that you got accepted to a university? If so, CONGRATS!

I have yet to get news from two colleges. Oh, the waiting game.. :/

Twilight Sky said:
    I pretty much abandoned my Wii. I only ever used it for internet purposes, and since I'm getting my own laptop soon, there wouldn't really be any need for it. I'm not a huge gamer anyway, especially for Wii-type games, as I play more of things RPG and stick with my PS2. :D;

I'm a gamer, but not a "crazy" gamer. lol

Speaking of PS2... poor thing. It's been sitting there gathering dust since the Wii came. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back