• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My teachers wanted me to skip grades as well, but my parents ultimately opted against it due to various reasons I can't be bothered to remember fully at the moment; at least one of those reasons involved me becoming socially stunted due to my rapid promotion or something along those lines. xD
    That was the reason my parents stopped me too. Though it wouldn't have been anything really big; I was just going to go into grade 1 a year early. Instead, I started kindergarten early and then took it again. So I took kindergarten twice. *fail* :| I did skip grade 8 math years later though...not that it makes much of a difference, I was just a year ahead in math. XD;

My brother was allowed to skip a grade though. He skipped grade...4, I think, and went into the gifted program. :|

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Must be easier to skip grades in Canada than England.

Or maybe its a smarter country.

How sad, that my school doesn't let anyone skip grades for some reason, I wasn't able to. :( I would if they let me.

Cherrim

Years
    It's not that it's easier...my brother and I have always been gifted. xD; So academics come pretty easily to us. In all, including my brother, I've only known two people personally who've skipped a grade. oo;

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    It's not that it's easier...my brother and I have always been gifted. xD; So academics come pretty easily to us. In all, including my brother, I've only known two people personally who've skipped a grade. oo;

I've always been in a competition with someone, I'm just competitive. Personally we should both skip the next grade. We're just that smart.

Cherrim

Years
    I've always been in a competition with someone, I'm just competitive. Personally we should both skip the next grade. We're just that smart.
    XD I've only ever had a grades competition with one person, and it was one-sided because I don't think he showed any interest in beating me. And he won, too, even though we got the same mark in the course. :[ I'm still pissed off about that.

Maybe you could ask your teacher for harder work or something? :x I remember that's what I did in earlier grades because I was so bored in class. Just so long as I didn't get extra homework, I was happy. XD;

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    XD I've only ever had a grades competition with one person, and it was one-sided because I don't think he showed any interest in beating me. And he won, too, even though we got the same mark in the course. :[ I'm still pissed off about that.

Maybe you could ask your teacher for harder work or something? :x I remember that's what I did in earlier grades because I was so bored in class. Just so long as I didn't get extra homework, I was happy. XD;

I just like acing everyone, Everybody wants to be my partner when it comes to group projects. I sorta like that.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I never knew about anyone skipping a grade in my school. But, as I seem younger than I actually am, some people sometimes ask me if I skipped one.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Now that I think about it. I hate the people in the next grade, so I don't really skip a grade or not.

Cherrim

Years
    I hated that. x_o; Everyone would want to be your partner and then they'd expect you to do all the work because you're smart. I just worked with my friends (who are all pretty smart too :p) or on my own.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I hated that. x_o; Everyone would want to be your partner and then they'd expect you to do all the work because you're smart. I just worked with my friends (who are all pretty smart too :p) or on my own.

All the less smart in my class ban together anyway. That's part of their teams downfall. That makes us smart people achieve in our class. By making the others fail.

OFFTOPIC:
    Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
    Sometimes that'd happen in my classes, but usually the, ah, less smart people would try to partner up with the ones they knew got better marks. :\

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Now that I think about it. I hate the people in the next grade, so I don't really skip a grade or not.

Me too. It's strange. I always hated the guys in the next grade. I have always thought people in the next grade were stupid. What most amazes me is that I have a lot of friends in that grade. O.o

Cherrim

Years
    oo; I didn't mind the people in the grade above me. I didn't like the ones in my grade 10 class because they didn't like me. (They resented that I was a year below and got better than them. XD) They were nice in grade 11 when we all failed (god, I hated that teacher) and also in Calculus when we had the same problem. =D; But otherwise I never really spoke to any. oo; I didn't have many friends in other grades.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    oo; I didn't mind the people in the grade above me. I didn't like the ones in my grade 10 class because they didn't like me. (They resented that I was a year below and got better than them. XD) They were nice in grade 11 when we all failed (god, I hated that teacher) and also in Calculus when we had the same problem. =D; But otherwise I never really spoke to any. oo; I didn't have many friends in other grades.

This past year, when I was a sophomore, I was friends with the senior class quite a bit. The grade above me, the new senior class, honestly is just full of druggies and boring people with no personality. The senior class I was friends with was full of people in the arts that had personality, not to mention one of the finest bands in the area that I've had the pleasure of hearing, Stand Amongst Kings.

Spencer

-_-
    Years
    To go off the 'next grade kids' subject, how many more days until everyone starts school? I start in 23 days :( (August 27 is too close!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back