• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Something I'm curious about.. have you eaten meat before? if so when did you stop and why?

I became a veggie when I was 8, ever since my brother found something that looked horribly like a vein in his chicken XD That was enough to put me off for life. In addition I think I'm getting more and more squeamish at the sight of dead things, blood and internal organs as I get older D: One thing I really can't stand is dead insects/bugs *shudders* I'm moving to Australia in 8 months so I'll have to get rid of my tarantula cos I can't bring it with me :( But I'm glad in a way because it's really young and I won't ever have to see it dead. I don't find anything scary about my tarantula at all but I find a dead tarantula very scary indeed.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Aw... you've never been able to get over it this whole time? And goody for you; you acutally have a personal fridge. I wanna have one so I can snatch a can of soft drink anytime I want. D=

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I guess when it comes down to it, It is personal chocie.

If you want to eat meat you can, and if you dont you dont.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Well Yeah,

Off Topic: Will There be a new DCC on new years day?

On Topic: Is anybody Vegan?, because i think i would find that really difficult to be vegan

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If an animal was killed in front of you, would you eat it?
    I sure wouldn't... somehow that's different...
    Yes. I've even seen a lamb being skinned, gutted, and butchered while hanging on a hook. Blood was all over the floor as well. Smelt kinda odd, but nyeh.

I believe I ate some of it's meat that very day, fresh from the carcass o3o

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yes. I've even seen a lamb being skinned, gutted, and butchered while hanging on a hook. Blood was all over the floor as well. Smelt kinda odd, but nyeh.

I could never do that, I don't like seeing things die at all.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years

You're awesome, man.

I've witnessed a chicken getting it's throat sliced, run around headless with blood squirting out its open wound, drop dead lifeless, put in hot water, had it's feathers plucked off one by one, cut up into nice pieces and cooked for lunch.

But I couldn't eat it after seeing all that.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

I don't see stuff like that at all in the United States, but in the Philippines, just substitute a goat or pig for the lamb, and you're all right.

Years
    I don't see stuff like that at all in the United States, but in the Philippines, just substitute a goat or pig for the lamb, and you're all right.
    Keyword: see. There are stuff that are not shown because people are not interested in things like and such as conservation of lambs. Eh.

Myself, I have abstained from eating a cooked rabbit (yes, rabbit) after watching it slaughtered. However, I freely feasted on the chickens of which I have not watched it slaughtered. This was a family reunion feast by a livestock farm.

Jordan.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You're awesome, man.

I've witnessed a chicken getting it's throat sliced, run around headless with blood squirting out its open wound, drop dead lifeless, put in hot water, had it's feathers plucked off one by one, cut up into nice pieces and cooked for lunch.

But I couldn't eat it after seeing all that.
    That headless part would have been kinda neat. Did you know that the human head, once cut from the neck, still "lives" for just a few moments i.e. the decapitated person can still see hear and smell what's going on around them.
    Yeah, I was in Lebanon at the time. I think what I described above would be considered a health hazard in many countries ^^;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have never personally seen any animals being sacrificed before, but my Dad's family in another country did something like that. I'm not too sure as to the reasons but they did it to a sheep.

I don't think I'd be able to watch an animal die, it's not that I'm squeemis around blood or anything but it's just so sad :< Esepecially if they're like in pain and crying. I couldn't quite handle that.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I can't stand seeing my father prepare an already dead chicken for dinner. I wouldn't be able to witness an animal being sacrificed.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Aside from putting live lobster into a pot of boiling water which kills them instantly... I've never seen anyone prepare something that wasn't already dead. :|

I can imagine it would be a little off-putting to have to see it then eat it, though. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I can't stand seeing my father prepare an already dead chicken for dinner. I wouldn't be able to witness an animal being sacrificed.
    Wow, don't you know what has happened to meat before it gets on your plate?

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Blech-that reminds me of 4th grade-we actually went to a slaughter house! They cut off chickens heads n then theiz ran around for 10 seconds without a head and die! I didn't eat meat for like 3 months >:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back