• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    My father has Sirius XM satellite radio in both his GMC Acadia and all of our past rental vehicles on our road trips, and since I've listened to it I never want anything else. Huge selection of both genres and music, lots of high-profile promotionals, totally ad-free (say for a few lesser channels), and everywhere in North America. You can't beat that.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have satellite radio in my car and it's amazing. I still have my music and podcasts on my phone that I'll listen to a lot, but it's nice to have commercial-free music in pretty much any genre I want. The playlists for XM stations seem to be much better than the local radio stations as well.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I just use my iPod and buy music when I want it, haha. There's not enough good stuff out there to warrant satellite radio, especially when I don't drive that often. If I was commuting like an hour to work, I would definitely get it - so much use!

Morkula

Years
    I have an hour and 15-20 minute commute, so I definitely use it, haha.

And Live, usually they'll call or email you with a special offer and you can get a huge discount. I got something like half off another year of XM when mine got ready to expire. Never renew at full price.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I have an hour and 15-20 minute commute, so I definitely use it, haha.

And Live, usually they'll call or email you with a special offer and you can get a huge discount. I got something like half off another year of XM when mine got ready to expire. Never renew at full price.
    That's what my father was doing with his personal subscription!

The way I see it, if I'm going to commit to XM or something down the road I'm probably not going to want to give it up for something like a lack of a discount. I might try to but if I fail I'll likely end up buying it again anyway. :b

Speaking of XM radio, I promised I'd buy my aunt and her boyfriend an XM radio subscription for the races he likes to listen to. Since both of them are drinkers and my aunt's living where she is as a housekeeper I'm sure some tunes would really brighten up their time. If only I had the money for it... >:/

Morkula

Years
    The way I see it, if I'm going to commit to XM or something down the road I'm probably not going to want to give it up for something like a lack of a discount. I might try to but if I fail I'll likely end up buying it again anyway. :b
    All you have to do is call and ask to cancel and they'll immediately offer you a discount. Works literally every time. :P

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I think I need a larger selection of music... my library's becoming really monotonous to listen to and my connection is far too slow to stream from.

Maybe I could get a ride to the library for the day. They have amazing broadband speeds there.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I have found so much new music thanks to Spotify, and having the premium on my phone is absolutely the best thing ever.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I have found so much new music thanks to Spotify, and having the premium on my phone is absolutely the best thing ever.

Lucky you, that's what my Amazon Prime membership tries and fails to do. Amazon Music absolutely blows as far as its mobile interface goes, and the membership-included DRM titles are a selection of pop and all the bottom-of-the-barrel tracks you wouldn't want to buy anyway. I end up buying my music anyway because of all that... Prime is trying too hard to be something more than a shipping discount lol.

I tried Prime for the shipping discounts, and that was honestly the only reason I considered it and is the only reason I use it. The streaming services, exclusive titles, MP3 libraries, and all of that mumbo-jumbo are just landing page annoyances, sadly.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Lucky you, that's what my Amazon Prime membership tries and fails to do. Amazon Music absolutely blows as far as its mobile interface goes, and the membership-included DRM titles are a selection of pop and all the bottom-of-the-barrel tracks you wouldn't want to buy anyway. I end up buying my music anyway because of all that... Prime is trying too hard to be something more than a shipping discount lol.

I tried Prime for the shipping discounts, and that was honestly the only reason I considered it and is the only reason I use it. The streaming services, exclusive titles, MP3 libraries, and all of that mumbo-jumbo are just landing page annoyances, sadly.
    Hmm, sounds like hell. I don't really trust Amazon for their...other services aside from Kindle and the obvious. Have you avoided Spotify for a particular reason or just not tried it?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Hmm, sounds like hell. I don't really trust Amazon for their...other services aside from Kindle and the obvious. Have you avoided Spotify for a particular reason or just not tried it?

Amazon Prime was an accidental purchase, as all of my money is normally witheld by another person. I thought I was getting a quote pre-purchase when I bought it. :\

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Amazon Prime was an accidental purchase, as all of my money is normally witheld by another person. I thought I was getting a quote pre-purchase when I bought it. :\
    Oh, well give Spotify free a chance, see if you like it. I used the free version for like, a year. It's good, the ads get annoying after a while but they're really bearable.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I just downloaded 3 hours of hand-picked piano solos, getting everything from Kingdom Hearts to Hans Zimmer to even some Pokémon tracks, all of the previews being really amazing. I've finally found some music so well worth listening to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, well give Spotify free a chance, see if you like it. I used the free version for like, a year. It's good, the ads get annoying after a while but they're really bearable.
    No. Nonono. The free version is so

oh wait it's probably bearable on a computer. But on a phone, free spotify is a nightmare. 1) ads. 2) only shuffle which is something I could roll with if not for 3) suddenly they throw random "new" music at you just because. Music that isn't even on your playlist. It is so annoying that I started paying for Premium again after a mere week without it or so.

Spotify Premium is amazing though. Listen offline to save mobile data <3

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Im curious. Is anyone ever active on PC live chatroom?

PC Live is just the IRC, but largely it's just a ghost town now after it died down from the promotional... like it's always been. #bulbagarden is a lot more active from what I can tell, and is really friendly and all. It's also on the SystemNet Network.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was in the PC IRC a fair bit earlier in the year. I'd like to get back into there. I don't use IRC for anything else though, so I never bothered with a client - in-browser only. I switched from Firefox to Chrome and I can't login with the PC app :( So, yeah. I can't get in anymore

Years
    I never got on live chatrooms... my computer just hates Java connections which explains all that.
    Except you don't really need Java to go on IRC. There are actual IRC clients like HexChat and mIRC that are not Java-based and provide the same level of access as the web chats. Also services like mibbit don't require Java at all, and mibbit is a web environment; no download needed.

Also, technically speaking, the Pokémon Showdown server chats are live chatrooms.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back