• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I had braces, luckily I got them way early. By the time high school started they were gone, and my friends still had them lols. They suuucked though, I remember one instance I couldn't even get through my cereal! Nothing good to say about those, but now I'm very fortunate and appreciative. All I know is for the first month without braces, I couldn't get over how silky smooth my teeth were.

Supposedly this should give me more confidence. I've been trying to work up the courage to pick up random ladies at work. I saw the prettiest girl on her phone today and wanted to say "Hey, that's a pretty cool phone. Know what would make it cooler? Having my number saved." but I chickened out like a mad man. Instead I joked with her about how she can't hang around waiting for her friend unless she buys something. Which, in hindsight, was pretty dumb and unfriendly hahaha.

Years
  • I had braces, luckily I got them way early. By the time high school started they were gone, and my friends still had them lols. They suuucked though, I remember one instance I couldn't even get through my cereal! Nothing good to say about those, but now I'm very fortunate and appreciative. All I know is for the first month without braces, I couldn't get over how silky smooth my teeth were.

Supposedly this should give me more confidence. I've been trying to work up the courage to pick up random ladies at work. I saw the prettiest girl on her phone today and wanted to say "Hey, that's a pretty cool phone. Know what would make it cooler? Having my number saved." but I chickened out like a mad man. Instead I joked with her about how she can't hang around waiting for her friend unless she buys something. Which, in hindsight, was pretty dumb and unfriendly hahaha.

Canadians! Unable to get dates since forever! ;-;

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Canadians! Unable to get dates since forever! ;-;

Ya man. I dunno, I thought everyone thought we were nice. *whine whine niceguysfinishlast whine whine whine*

Honestly though, like back in the day even if I would manage to get a girl I'd lose interest after a month. It was all about the chase for me. Who knows how long I'd keep at it even if one did give me her number.

Years
  • I'm almost an anti-Canadian-stereotype. I'm always lookin' to fight somebody, even when I know I ain't Billy Badass and Billy Badass is gonna kick my ass back to Toronto.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Honestly though, like back in the day even if I would manage to get a girl I'd lose interest after a month. It was all about the chase for me.
    Haaah.

Sounds like me.

And then when I am really, seriously into someone, they're either already taken so I had no chance from the start, or they just don't feel the same.

Years
  • Haaah.

Sounds like me.

And then when I am really, seriously into someone, they're either already taken so I had no chance from the start, or they just don't feel the same.

Holy freaking poop this is my life story. Anyone I like is either taken or they have no interest in me. EVERY. ONE.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • UGH DREW I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. that was freaking high school for me. Like, when I start developing a crush for a guy he ended up being taken and that just breaks me. I guess that is why I don't pursue, I just let them come to me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Holy freaking poop this is my life story. Anyone I like is either taken or they have no interest in me. EVERY. ONE.
    Hahah, ugh, right though?

Twice it's been mutual, buuut both times something messed up on one side or the other.

UGH DREW I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. that was freaking high school for me. Like, when I start developing a crush for a guy he ended up being taken and that just breaks me. I guess that is why I don't pursue, I just let them come to me.

YEAH, I get ya. As much as I like flirting with people, in the way of serious feelings I do let people come to me first now days. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I stop pursuing girls I like because of 1 of 3 reasons.

1. They only want tall guys, I'm 5'4".
    2. They're taken.
    3. They're lesbian.

So I give up on dating.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I stop pursuing girls I like because of 1 of 3 reasons.

2. They're taken.
    3. They're lesbian.

So I give up on dating.

I think those are issues that a lot of people run in to, buuut I wouldn't let that entirely stop you from trying at your age. o-o

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Not only is it about the chase but I nope the duck out at the first sign of issues/problems. I am so used to living care-free and stress-free (socially) that I gotta really wanna be with you for me to put up with any crap. If we disagree on something and it gets thrown way out of proportion, cya.

Years
  • I stop pursuing girls I like because of 1 of 3 reasons.

2. They're taken.
    3. They're lesbian.

So I give up on dating.

I know how you feel. No boys ever want me because I'm unattractive, and I'm an Aspie (fyi I have autism/Aspergers) so that means I get too shy to go on dates. Yes I'm someone who cannot fall in love at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I think those are issues that a lot of people run in to, buuut I wouldn't let that entirely stop you from trying at your age. o-o

Being 18 doesn't matter. It's been an issue since the beginning of high school. It's nothing but unnecessary stress and disappointment.

Sorry but after 5 failed relationships and few girls that rejected me, I've become rather bitter towards the dating scene.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Being 18 doesn't matter. It's been an issue since the beginning of high school. It's nothing but unnecessary stress and disappointment.

Sorry but after 5 failed relationships and few girls that rejected me, I've become rather bitter towards the dating scene.

Yeah I get you dude. I think if you really want something you'll go after it. You'll make all the effort you need. Many failed relationships by the time I was 18 have made me feel the same way and it's no biggie. Eventually things will turn up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Yeah I get you dude. I think if you really want something you'll go after it. You'll make all the effort you need. Many failed relationships by the time I was 18 have made me feel the same way and it's no biggie. Eventually things will turn up.

I'm not totally opposed to the idea of dating. I'm happy for all the couples that are doing well. It's just that I along with other people have gone through a lot of disappointment so I just feel better about not stressing over it. If someone wants to make the effort to date me then awesome, things turned around; if not then oh well.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I'm not totally opposed to the idea of dating. I'm happy for all the couples that are doing well. It's just that I along with other people have gone through a lot of disappointment so I just feel better about not stressing over it. If someone wants to make the effort to date me then awesome, things turned around; if not then oh well.

short bros unite

Don't give up, dude. You certainly don't need to stress or force it but you don't need to let past disappointments get in the way of you being proactive. It's a steeper climb, sure, but you're still equipped for it!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've found not being proactive is the best way anyway. Somehow people can just tell when your end goal with everyone isn't "do I like-like this person, is this potentially a partner??" as you first meet them.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've found not being proactive is the best way anyway. Somehow people can just tell when your end goal with everyone isn't "do I like-like this person, is this potentially a partner??" as you first meet them.
    That's also true. I have a friend who seems to only form friendships with girls that he wants to date, and then that in turn kinda makes it hard for him to gain new friends in general. Also doesn't help his date game. > >;

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I've found not being proactive is the best way anyway. Somehow people can just tell when your end goal with everyone isn't "do I like-like this person, is this potentially a partner??" as you first meet them.

Being reactive can work out. I've been a reactive person for most of my personal life and still met plenty of awesome people. Still, I feel like things are likelier to work out if you make the effort. The purpose of being proactive here's not to partner up with someone when you meet them but to gauge whether they're worth continued discourse or not.
    If Alfieri sees a person he likes and he finds it to be a daunting approach or he feels like it's not really worth the trouble or any other such excuse he's not any likelier to get good results if he just waits for them to happen. That opportunity would pass him by and while he'll be no worse off he'll also be no better off.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back